Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yet another anti stripping article

God/dess
    Thanks

Default Yet another anti stripping article

From yesterday's UK Times newspaper.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle5827177.ece

I've twice tried to add a comment saying all this article does is perpetuate tired old stereotypes, but guess what - neither comment has appeared.

Phil.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,963 Times in 600 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Fine

Default Re: Yet another anti stripping article

Meh, she's no different from any other frustrated, bored, narrow-minded housewife--except she's got a newspaper column. Honestly, her column isn't worth the controversy she's obviously trying to provoke.

She's not even interesting enough to get me fired up, even with lines like this: "[N]o strong woman is working at a strip club."

Thanks

They're just so ... impolite.
    ... BAHAHAHAHAH

Her 'feminism' is pre-women's liberation front; pre-American sexual revolution. Stereotypical English prudery. Go back to the Victorian era, dearie. We appreciate your good intentions, but they are horribly misplaced.

She is bitching about the political paradigm, but holding the victim of said paradigm (according to her) accountable? Wha-wha-WHAT?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to indie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 901 Posts

Ugh. Just cause she doesn't have the confidence to be proud of her body doesn't mean that anyone who does is weak and exploited. That's what pisses me off about this shit. She can't imagine doing it, so she lumps us all into this "fucked-up" category and gets all self-righteous about it. That's okay...her husband is the one frequenting the clubs while she stands on her little podium and preaches.

Thanks

"No strong woman in control of her own destiny would put on a pair of ludicrously unflattering shoes that instantly made her look like she had syphilis. In her hair."

I don't get it.
    "Go to Heaven for the climate, Hell for the company."
    -Mark Twain

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JOf course, this raises many questions - not least of which is: who on earth has an 11am lap dance?[B
    There's a time for watching bored 18-year-old Lithuanians executing desultory quarter-shimmies against an unhygienic pole for grudge-money [/B]- but at the same time as This Morning and Cash in the Attic? That seems excessively sleazy; even for the kind of person who pays poor foreign teenagers to take their clothes off.
    In our society's generally admirable progression towards all-round reasonableness - racism, homophobia and the tapered-leg trouser seem to be increasingly things of the past
    so racism is a thing of the past? not for you it doesn't seem to be.

cunt.
    "If she wants to dance and drink all night, well there's no one that can stop her. She's going til the house lights come up or her stomach spills onto the floor. This night is gonna end when we're damn well ready for it to be over, worked all week long, and now the music is playing on our time. Yeah we do what we do to get by, and then we need a release!" - Against Me!, "Thrash Unreal"

Thanks

hahaha. some of these comments are hilarious.

"Well done Caitlin!! Brilliant article and so perceptive as well. Luckily I only go to these clubs very rarely and so do not get affected. But what about other people, those less educated, less middle class than I...builders, cab drivers or civil servants? If I was them I would leave it well alone."

like, oh, i'm so fortunate that i only SOMETIMES go pay to see women naked. but less educated, poorer people should stay well out. it's bad for them!

"I'm a man and I have no desire to visit a strip joint - it seems an expensive way to get frustrated. So I don't go. I suggest that Caitlin doesn't go either because it annoys her. Let's both not go - and leave other people to do want to go, in peace"

haha, well said.
    "If she wants to dance and drink all night, well there's no one that can stop her. She's going til the house lights come up or her stomach spills onto the floor. This night is gonna end when we're damn well ready for it to be over, worked all week long, and now the music is playing on our time. Yeah we do what we do to get by, and then we need a release!" - Against Me!, "Thrash Unreal"

Thanks

Haha... my comment isn't being published either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby Ruckus View Post
    so racism is a thing of the past? not for you it doesn't seem to be.

cunt.
    whenever I see one, it shocks me as much as if I'd just seen a sign going up saying “Minstrel Show!” or “Jew-Beating, Sticks £1!”.

neither is anti-semitism, apparently.

but seriously, lol at her "article"

somebody should find her address and send a stripper-gram.

Honey71783

I read the article up until paragraph three... Her writing is horrible... If an article doesn't captivate my attention by paragraph three then I just move on to the next article... I'm a busy woman. I can't waste my time reading poorly written blitherings...

Thanks
    Thanked 20,505 Times in 6,656 Posts

I've seen the light!!

I don't like articles like these because they're pointless. Anyone who is involved with strip clubs already won't be persuaded to her side, and anyone who dislikes strip clubs will just sit there and nod at whatever she says. So what's the point? Drama drama drama.

Oddly enough, I'm more offended by her attack on strip club customers than her opinion on strippers. Usually people just assume patrons have no agency and focus completely on dehumanizing strippers. So what...people shouldn't be allowed to do anything merely for the sake of entertainment? I guess we should all throw our TV's in the creek while we're at it. God forbid we ever do anything purely for the sake of enjoyment...

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to charlie61 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 901 Posts

Yeah, my comment never got posted, either.

Bitch.

God/dess
    Thanks

Just re-read the article. A friend of mine lives in Crouch End (it's in London). I'll try and find out a little more when I see her in a couple of days.

Crouch End is a bit of an odd place to open a strip club. It's not very affluent, so I can't see there being a lot of 'local' money available. Flip side of that is that is it would be the only SC for some miles. However, if I was going to open a strip club in London, Crouch End would not be on my list of favored sites.

Interesting that the paper seems to be censoring the replies. None of the posts from anyone on this board (who would put a positive point of view) seem to have appeared in the comments column - and I've seen some comments columns with a hundred replies allowed (not just the current 22).

Phil.

Banned
    Thanks

that article is the most boring piece of shit I have ever read
    shes just jealous because the girls are better looking than her and earn more money in one night than she ever could.

she got thrown out of the club because she was an obnoxious ugly dyke not because the bouncer thought she was a prostitute.. she wouldn't get any customers either way.

Take care of yourself and each other
    Jerry Springer

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

[email protected] <[email protected]>

Use the email above as I have done and send a response.

Make note of the actual link to the article and let them know you cannot post.
    My Blog:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 643 Posts

Hahahahaha
    She condemns strippers and then admits to being a lush, that's funny.
    Let her be outraged, the more evil and taboo she makes it sound the more money we collect.

I am, however, very concerned about hair syphillis. I can't seem to find any information about this horrible disease caused by high heels. Somebody please, help me out here before I catch it.

hahahahahahah

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGirl View Post
    Hahahahaha
    I am, however, very concerned about hair syphillis. I can't seem to find any information about this horrible disease caused by high heels. Somebody please, help me out here before I catch it.
    She probably came here and read about all of us putting fungus cream on our scalps and thought we were trying out a misguided home remedy...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Honey71783 View Post
    I read the article up until paragraph three... Her writing is horrible... If an article doesn't captivate my attention by paragraph three then I just move on to the next article... I'm a busy woman. I can't waste my time reading poorly written blitherings...
    I think that she is trying to be folksy. Yes, to me as an American, it does read poorly as well. Pity.

Banned
    Thanks

Hahahahaha
    She condemns strippers and then admits to being a lush, that's funny.
    Let her be outraged, the more evil and taboo she makes it sound the more money we collect.

hahahahahahah
    precisely.. thats why I wouldn't lose any sleep over her boring article if I were you. Watch out for those high heels hun

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

Customer service sent me a message stating that I could post a comment , it works. Well it does not. I just tried it last night and again this morning, nothing.
    My Blog:

Thanks

Poppycock!

Thanks

I almost had coffee through my nose from laughing at this beautiful little comment.

I think it has serious potential as a siggy. With author credits, of course. May I?
    Originally Posted by MarvelGirl

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What you think about and thank about, you bring about. xox Lexi

Thanks

She has serious case of brain syphilis herself. It sounds like she condemns guys for seeking society of sexually clothed women. I guess her ideal man is politically correct person who get aroused by strong-minded individual regardless of her (his)) looks or gender. Expressing preference for certain looks or possible certain gender is bad bad thing.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,390 Times in 643 Posts

Well thank you Lexi, I'm flattered!

Thanks

here's another article.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandsty...ry-lap-dancing

seems like the industry is taking a right knocking at the mo when all the girl wants is to earn a lil bit of money. geez, i wish these people would stop being so judgmental.
    I didn't say shiite mister!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast