Thread: Public Record?

Thanks

Default Public Record?

Hey Ladies,

I know it may very from state to state. In the states that require one to get an adult entertainment license, does this become public/federal/state record? One of the above or all the above. Just wondering if you google yourself sometimes..will this be pulled up under your name? Or for future job interviews?

I know some states make you renew the license every year. So if its not renewed, does it fall off your record?

Also, from your expereince what info can they ask of you..ie fingerprints, etc, when you do apply for an adult e. license?

Thanks for your help

DQ

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

Default Re: Public Record?

^^^all licenses are a matter of public record. Usually the record 'stays' at the level of jurisdiction that issued the license. For dancer's licenses this is usually a city, and sometimes a county. New York is the only state that has proposed statewide dancer's licensing, but so far nothing has come of it.

As to the public record of a dancer's license 'hanging around' if the license is not renewed, there is probably no legal requirement that expired licenses be 'purged' from the record.

The license info is pretty much the same in every jurisdiction ... name, address, social security number, criminal record etc. Fingerprints are taken in some jurisdictions. Photos are taken in some jurisdictions.

There is also a difference that some areas merely require that dancers obtain a 'business license' right along with garbage collectors, hot dog vendors etc. Thus with this type of license there is no specific reference to 'stripping'. But most jurisdictions require an 'exotic dancer's license, which leaves no doubt in the minds of anyone viewing the public record of the license that the licensee was working as a 'stripper'.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melonie View Post
    ^^^all licenses are a matter of public record. Usually the record 'stays' at the level of jurisdiction that issued the license. For dancer's licenses this is usually a city, and sometimes a county. New York is the only state that has proposed statewide dancer's licensing, but so far nothing has come of it.

As to the public record of a dancer's license 'hanging around' if the license is not renewed, there is probably no legal requirement that expired licenses be 'purged' from the record.

The license info is pretty much the same in every jurisdiction ... name, address, social security number, criminal record etc. Fingerprints are taken in some jurisdictions. Photos are taken in some jurisdictions.

There is also a difference that some areas merely require that dancers obtain a 'business license' right along with garbage collectors, hot dog vendors etc. Thus with this type of license there is no specific reference to 'stripping'. But most jurisdictions require an 'exotic dancer's license, which leaves no doubt in the minds of anyone viewing the public record of the license that the licensee was working as a 'stripper'.
    Does that apply to the vegas licenses, or are those just a general "entertainer" license?

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

^^^ The vegas dancer's license is under the jurisdiction of the sherriff's dep't, and is specifically for exotic dancing. However, in vegas you will also need a Nevada business license which is under the jurisdiction of the dep't of taxation, which isn't specific to any particular kind of independent contractor business.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Melonie View Post
    ^^^ The vegas dancer's license is under the jurisdiction of the sherriff's dep't, and is specifically for exotic dancing. However, in vegas you will also need a Nevada business license which is under the jurisdiction of the dep't of taxation, which isn't specific to any particular kind of independent contractor business.
    Thank you. As I thought, I won't be able to dance in Vegas. I don't want any paper proof of my dancing, in case I want to do a job which would have a problem with that being in my past.

Thanks

Thank you, Melonie