Thread: Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice,I wanna KILL you

Thanks

Default Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice,I wanna KILL you

Ok so my opening line is a joke but in all seriousness I have really learned or maybe i havent learned ALOT this summer.
    Long story short..met a guy memorial day weekend(friend of a friend...)
    we hit it off, went out a few times, introduced me to all his friends... it really seemed like it had potential.
    Than seriously out of nowhere one night (first night he spent at my house)
    he bolted. We were fine and he just said he felt uncomfortable(mid way thru the night) and left. I was beyond mystified. theres alot of little details but anyways after that nothig seemed right. it just felt off.
    we saw each other one other time a few weeks after that weird night but we didnt discuss anything.
    Anyways last week out of the blue he contacts me. We talk. And then without any provocation from me he talks about THAT night. he said he guesses he got cold feet or was scared but he wasnt sure exactly what of. he said he had a great time hanging out with me, and how the dinner i made him that night was great and he liked our "dates" etc.

Well that was a week ago, and we have had minimal contact since and I dont know if I just forget about him or pursue this?? I mean i really did like him(as much as one can like someone in that period of time) I dont buy the lame cold feet excuse. I think its more..hey its begining of summer didnt expect this to get serious, i still wanna eff more girls, and than maybe he realized now that summer is winding down that I was actually a quality girl who really did like him... But thats just my thoughts.
    And no one can know but him what he is thinking but i just hate how I still want to be with this guy.. ive been w/other guys over the summer but he for some reason always popped up into my mind.

Take em or leave em???
    ~jenna~

Thanks

Default Re: Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice,I wanna KILL you

It's so annoying and hurtful when they can't decide if they want you or not and unfortunately guys do this crap pretty frequently. Pursuing it will probably just lead to more hurt, but I know how hard it can be to walk away. Been there done that, got the broken heart for my troubles.

It really does sound like he just panicked though. Over what is the question. Your guesses sound pretty right to me. Probably just didn't want to get serious and realized he was in over his head. Then after looking around, decided you were what he wanted. The problem is guys like this seem to do this crap over and over.
    "I hear you calling and it's needles and pins. I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name...You're poision. but I don't wanna break these chains.... I wanna love you but I'd better not touch."

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I'd want to be with someone who chose to be with me instead of just settling for me...

Thanks

Its so frustrating.. I mean we met, he pursued me, we went out, had some good times, had some fantastic sex. My friend who knows him said he hasnt had a girlfriend in a while and she hasnt even seen him with many girls. He even told her when me and him were "dating" that he didnt think i liked him??? I dont understand where that came from cause I always felt like i showed affection. Yes im sarcastic but I always was nice and enjoyed his company.

Hes only gone down the shore about 3 times this summer and all 3 times hes invited me which struck me as odd cause as guys say"why bring sand to the beach". Hes a nice looking guy. Not conceited. Doesnt appear to be a player.
    But its like before this weird night happened he was in contact alot more, he made plans with me ahead of time.. and now its like out of the blue he comes back around and brings up this night and then says he would like to hang out again but then hes like so vague. It IS possible ill be seeing him this weekend. Im just debating if i should or not? I mean he is 30 yrs old(im 27) i guess i thought by the time age 30 hit guys were done with the BS but maybe not??
    ~jenna~

Thanks

^^Keeping you hopped up on the hopium is to their advantage, no matter how old they are. I do think they get better about the game playing, but eh, not all of them recover 100% from the dreaded dickhead syndrome.
    "I hear you calling and it's needles and pins. I wanna hurt you just to hear you screaming my name...You're poision. but I don't wanna break these chains.... I wanna love you but I'd better not touch."

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^^ Nice one, "hopium"

People age, but that doesn't necessarily mean they grow up. My ex was an old fart who still didn't have his shit together & would treat me like a yo-yo for as long as I let him.

That's why he's my "ex"...

Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

Sounds like he DID get cold feet and ran.Probably thought about it for a while and felt guilty.Wanted to relieve guilt by meeting with you and explaining.

Another scenario...While he was with you,he got a call from an ex or some other girl and left to meet with her.Later on decided he liked you more and called you again.

Who knows,really...men are often very difficult to figure out,and they say they are simple...This one sounds like he's not sure what he wants.

Hope things work out for you either way though!

Thanks

This guy sounds like he's intimidated by you.

Hard to have a relationship with a man who has no confidence...

Thanks
    Thanked 5,604 Times in 2,091 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

I would advise you use the pair and a spare strategy. I've learned through my own hopium situation to see a few guys at a time. When you do that you feel less attached and can enjoy your time together without living and dying on his every action or lack of action. Continue to discuss how he's feeling about taking a chance on getting involved.

RUIN YOUR LIFE WITH STRIPPING & REBUILD A MORE PERFECT UNION WITH YOUR DIVINE FEMININE. Never TOXIC....Only INTOXICATING. Now....DANCE GODDESS!

Thanks

^^i like that strategy. its always better when your not focused on ONE person.
    ~jenna~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

Lightbulb Re: Fool me once shame on you..fool me twice,I wanna KILL you

Quote Originally Posted by jennahoff View Post
    ^^i like that strategy. its always better when your not focused on ONE person.
    Totally agree. My guy did the exact sme thing (but we hadn't slept together yet) anyways, he randomly drops me outa the blue.. then apologizes. However, I didn't respond to him for 2 weeks.. and he told me it drove him nuts and I was on his mind every day. I told him right now we can only be friends because he is on probation with me. If you plan to continue with this guy, may I suggest taking a similar rout I'm not committing to one person right now because I don't want him t break my heart. Men need to be trusted before they have the power to do that. Just my 2 cents

Thanks

Well I guess if i have to find some good in all this its that:
    I learned many a lesson this summer.
    I will use this knowledge in future dating.

The end.
    ~jenna~