Thread: Another loud disclosure about dancer's pay

Thanks

Duh Another loud disclosure about dancer's pay

Some people just dying to make it public and draw IRS attention...over and over again.
    //www.nypost.com/p/news/local/item_OJXkugcOZYjOP49cIJxkNN/3
    STRIPPER
    Kristen Colapinto, 29
    Rick’s Cabaret, White Plains
    Salary: $150,000 a year — and that’s in about eight months. The other four are vacation and side projects.
    Private time with Colapinto will cost you $600 an hour, of which she takes $400 (she also gets a cut of every bottle of alcohol sold). Her best day? $3,000.
    What’s her trick? “I’m really friendly,” said the bodacious brunette. “Some guys want the girlfriend experience, and some want the fantasy. I try to give them both. I’ll talk about my personal life with them, but I’ll also listen. I’m interested. A lot of guys need that.” She said nothing too extreme goes on behind the closed curtains – except the occasional client who wants to massage her toes. And they’ll pay a hefty price for the pleasure. “I try to keep it classy,” she said. “I stay away from the ones who want to be spanked.”

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/i...#ixzz0ZbfotSXq

Thanks
    Thanked 2,977 Times in 1,156 Posts

Default Re: Another loud disclosure about dancer's pay

ugh why do girls do this all the time. I am so sick of all of this bullshit inviting everyone to run to their club and hope to make Gs. Man, i was a new girl once too, but some of the people who are starting out now really do not belong in the strip club.
    The best thing i have heard in a strip club to date:
    customer: we should get married right now! we should get a shotgun marriage!
    me: uhh... i think you are misunderstanding what a shotgun marriage means. A shotgun marriage means you knock me up and my daddy shows up at your door with a gun and forces you to marry me and raise the baby. You mean elope.
    customer: hmm... nah actually i will take the shotgun marriage. At least then we would be having sex.

Thanks

Could someone give me a brief summary explaining what is going on and how it's affecting dancers negatively with her saying that? I'm a Newbie and am interested.

Thanks

Ok. Well lately there have been a fair amount of articles in mainstream press with strippers testifying that they make SOOOO much money and it is SOOOO easy and SOOOO much fun and SOOOO much better than the day job they were laid off from. When recently laid off women (there are lots with hte recession) read these, going into dancing seems more and more appealing. They believe what they read and are like wow ill make minimum 700$ a night every night wihtout even trying!

This encourages more women to try to strip who wouldnt have if they hadnt read all of these. And this is why a lot of clubs now have too many girls on staff for the amount of customers in there. so there is less money than before, and it is divided up between more girls--- bad for us. So really, it boils down to the top hustlers and the extras girls getting the most money, while the rest divvy up what is left. And clubs will often hire too many girls, because girls pay a house fee, and the club wants more house fees. A club with really good management that cares about the girls will cap the number of dancers and will go on a hiring freeze when it is saturated, but these clubs are few and far between.

Also, aside from the increased competition for money, the more girls available, the more clubs feel they can dick over the girls. if tons of girls want to work at a place and are desperate, clubs can start taking larger cuts of the earnings becuase if the girls bitch, they can leave and there will be like 10 other girls auditioning the next day anyway.

And it adds more to stripping being mainstream in general. Removing the taboo aspect of it takes out a lot of the appeal. One of the biggest draws of stripping is it is something that is a fantasy and different from the real world. The more that stripping becomes socially acceptable, the more mainstream it becomes and then there are more every day girls taking pole danicng lessons, strip teasing for their men, etc etc making the extras the only things that are really taboo. Remember, part of being a fantasy girl (which strippers are) is being something that is somehow more sensual and different and overall more fantastic than the girls you see walking down the street. if the belief that really anyone can be a stripper gets spread around more, then it takes away a lot of our appeal.

This one girl is not directly responsible for the increase in strippers, but the large amount of articles being put out are indirectly responsible for some (not all) of the flooding. And i understand why some of these girls do it-- if they were in a good day job and stripping becomes their only option when it was previously something that was a big NO NO for them, they need to somehow justify things to themselves and prove to others that what they do is OK. Making the industry look good is not bad-- if done properly. And they are partly trying to make stripping look good, but it ends up backfiring and hurting stripping.

Hope this makes sense somewhat?
    me: uhh... i think you are misunderstanding what a shotgun marriage means. A shotgun marriage means you knock me up and my daddy shows up at your door with a gun and forces you to marry me and raise the baby. You mean elope.
    customer: hmm... nah actually i will take the shotgun marriage. At least then we would be having sex.

5. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Athenathefabulous For This Useful Post:

Thanks

So, are you thinking that articles such as these are bogus? Because why would a real hustler WANT to make it seem like it's just SO easy, therefore bringing in more competition? That article does seem a little iffy. "I'm just friendly." I dunno if it's that simple or they are just trying to make it seem that way.

Thanks for the clarification, Athena.

Thanks

I think that a lot of the figures given in these articles are exaggerated for sure. Maybe some of the girls really do make that much and dont feel a flood of girls will be a threat or dont even really consider the possible consequences. Some girls are just lying or exagerrating their numbers or maybe using the numbers before all of the fees (this particular one mentions the fees). Some of the articles seem more bogus than others, i remember reading one from an ex office worker who was laid off and started dancing at Ricks NYC, and in her article it said something to the effect of 700$ is a bad night for her. To me, that screams liar. The girl in this article might be telling the truth of her earnings, who knows. either way, this particular article is one about "hidden rich people" and suggests that the jobs earnings are fairly typical for the entire NY strip club industry. Most NY dancers certainly do not make $150,000 a year, that i can guarantee you.

however, the reality is, most girls wont be making that kind of money. If you read through the boards on here, you will see a lot of girls are hurting .

Thanks
    Thanked 10,566 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

^^^ also keep in mind that, in this case, the NY state and NY city income tax agencies are chomping at the bit to turn up any and all sources of new tax revenues to help offset monstrous gov't budget deficits. When dancers tell the press that they are earning $150k a year, and list their real name and club, you can be sure that some smart tax guy is going to take 5 minutes to cross check whether or not that dancer actually reported $150k on her tax return last year !

Worse than that, in situations where other dancers are audited, the IRS is likely to disbelieve their self-accounted claim that they only earned $75k because several other dancers have stated otherwise to mainstream media.

God/dess
    Thanks

i think rick's is just planting articles and that these 'dancers' don't even exist. most of these mention rick's as the club if a club name is mentioned.

it is quite an ingenious strategy and costs almost nothing while gaining rick's a fat pile of fresh house fees every few months.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to miabella For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^good point melonie. Yet another reason why it is best for the inner workings of dancers to be under the radar. The only thing that should be mainstream is advertisements to bring customers to the club. other than that its mostly trouble.

re miabella: I didnt even think of that! Yea the other article i was thinking of off the top of my head was ricks too. Hmm, it sounds like something they would do. Im not sure whether they are or not, but it does seem like an interesting possibility!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miabella View Post
    i think rick's is just planting articles and that these 'dancers' don't even exist. most of these mention rick's as the club if a club name is mentioned.

it is quite an ingenious strategy and costs almost nothing while gaining rick's a fat pile of fresh house fees every few months.
    I agree. It's along the same lines as those ads that say "make $3000-$6000 a week!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    As Katherine Hepburn put it so eloquently " Nature is what we were put here to rise above"

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by miabella View Post

She does exist, but she is a gossip writer for the Examiner. She specializes in sex related articles, and probably has worked as a stripper, could be how she first gained the gossip to write about in the first place.

She isn't making her money as a stripper now, though. This looks more like a case of revenge or jealously between competing columnists. Not cool, no matter how you look at it.

Promote yourself and earn more money! This is a business that is owned by strippers for strippers. Let's make that money!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post

And it adds more to stripping being mainstream in general. Removing the taboo aspect of it takes out a lot of the appeal. One of the biggest draws of stripping is it is something that is a fantasy and different from the real world. The more that stripping becomes socially acceptable, the more mainstream it becomes and then there are more every day girls taking pole danicng lessons, strip teasing for their men, etc etc making the extras the only things that are really taboo. Remember, part of being a fantasy girl (which strippers are) is being something that is somehow more sensual and different and overall more fantastic than the girls you see walking down the street. if the belief that really anyone can be a stripper gets spread around more, then it takes away a lot of our appeal.

THIS right here is what has happened to stripping. coming from someone (me) that danced a loooooong time this is it in a nut shell. also why it can never return to the "glory days". you cant put the special taboo back.
    As quoted by Luckyone:
    I asked directions from a genie in a bottle of jim beam and she lied to me.

Methodus saved my life!

Thanks

I hate articles like that one!!! I work at Cheetah in Atl and even there get men who undertip making jokes about it using false information such as this. Example " Well I know I didn't tip well but I'm sure you'll leave here with more than $1,000 tonight, even without my $10!" haha Not funny. Men seem to be angry with us. In a time when they spend their days and nights worrying about their job security and trying to work any hours they can to live at they lifestyles they enjoy all they see/hear from the media is strippers are having fun and still making money. It makes them jealous I'm sure and they bring that attitude into the xclubs.