Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can you get rid of a ghost?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Mind Blowing How can you get rid of a ghost?

Problem solved, Thanks for the people who offered helpful posts, screw the rest from the assholes
    Last edited by DancingDaisy; 12-22-2009 at 06:05 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 661 Posts

Default Re: How can you get rid of a ghost?

Please share any advice.

--------------------------------------

Stop believing in ghosts.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 783 Posts

sounds like you need to call an electrician

Thanks

Unlike these people. I do believe in ghosts.

However, I also do believe in coincidence.

When a house I stayed in was haunted, my mom sprinkled brick salt around the house and rang this 'bell' she had, and had a cross hanging on the doorknob, and she prayed for the ghosts to leave.

Afterwards there was very little to no activity in the house as compared to before.

Why don't you try it?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,701 Times in 1,713 Posts

There's an old gypsy remedy that involves doing three rings of pixie sticks around your house, saying bloody mary in the mirror and slapping a monkey while standing on your head, but I will have to call my mother for the exact instructions.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Ok people, I posted this to get some advice and maybe share some stories. If you are on here just to poke fun or make snide comments please get off this forum and start acting like adults. Different people have different beliefs. If you dont agree thats fine, but please post only serious responses.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to DancingDaisy For This Useful Post:

Qi

Thanks

I absolutely believe in ghosts. I once lived in one of the most haunted buildings in my city, and it was terrible. I eventually had to move because of it.

When the lights turn off, is the switch in the off position?

I take it the bear is not something that's plugged in? Has it gone off by itself more than once?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamp View Post
    As Katherine Hepburn put it so eloquently " Nature is what we were put here to rise above"

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

The bear is a stuffed animal Im going to take the batteries out. The light switches are in the on position when they go out.

I do asbestos and lead sampling and sometimes we go into really old buildings for work. During an abatement project at a hotel in San Antonio near the alamo, the workers kept complaining of seeing ghosts and having their equipment moved. There was one room that nobody wanted to go in. Turns out, a lady hung herself in that room. The hotel couldnt even rent that room out anymore because of the complaints from customers of it being too cold and odd things happening. They use the room as storage.

Thanks

I agree, if people just want to poke fun at others and not act like adults then no need to respond to this Thread.

If it does get any worse I'd move, like Elvia said she did.
    I hope it gets better though!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mediocrity View Post
    There's an old gypsy remedy that involves doing three rings of pixie sticks around your house, saying bloody mary in the mirror and slapping a monkey while standing on your head, but I will have to call my mother for the exact instructions.
    After you give her a call, make sure to edit your post for spot-on results, kthxbai.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by DancingDaisy View Post
    Ok people, I posted this to get some advice and maybe share some stories. If you are on here just to poke fun or make snide comments please get off this forum and start acting like adults. Different people have different beliefs. If you dont agree thats fine, but please post only serious responses.
    Thats like asking for serious answers after asking what kind of cookies Santa Claus enjoys. You are not getting any serious answers because there aren't any, nobody has ever seen a ghost much less gotten rid of one.

Thanks

No one has ever seen a ghost? Speak for yourself, Trem. Just because you've never experienced anything unexplainable or paranormal does not mean anyone hasn't.
    As Katherine Hepburn put it so eloquently " Nature is what we were put here to rise above"

Thanks
    Thanked 1,946 Times in 698 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Is there a documented case of someone actually being injured by a ghost? If not, then remembering that they can't hurt you might be a better long-term solution to put you at ease than trying to get rid of them or make it into a battle.
    Quote Originally Posted by _Avery_ View Post
    omg, why is it so huge?!! lol lol

Thanks

^^^ Yes. many, actually.

The ghosts at a country nightclub called Bobby Mackey's have been known to be violent. The owners ex-wife says she was pushed down the stairs by a ghost , which led to her going into labor pre-maturely. Last I heard a man who was picked up and slammed against a wall was suing them. That's just a couple examples.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,854 Times in 783 Posts

who was being snide? your dog is following you around more than usual and you are having an issue with flickering lights. the mature adult thing to do is not to ask an internet forum how to get rid of ghosts. call an electrician. take your dog to the veterinarian. then come back and ask for ghost-hunting advice.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to camille27 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^^^Seriously? You had to come back and keep it up?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,043 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

Im not superstitious but I totally believe in ghosts and hauntings. But Im starting to get weirded out. Im really scared of ghosts. Here is why I think I might have one in my apartment. This all started within the last 2 months or so. I dont watch scary movies at all that involve ghosts.
    I don't believe in ghosts myself.

-I have one of those bears that you squeeze and it plays a song. It turns on by itself
    Have you checked with the manufacturer tosee if it doesn't just start at random times? May just do that to keep a childs interest.

-Lights go off by themselves
    I would have an electrician check the circuits. Don't want the house to burn down in an electrical fire. A rodent may have chewed through some insulation.

-Last night I couldnt sleep and when I did, I had a weird dream that there was some kind of animal talking inside me (WEIRD, I know!) It was like a snake I think. I woke up and went to turn on the light and right when I did, the light bulb went out.
    Light bulbs always fail as they are turned on. Its the surge.

-My dog has started sleeping with me and following me around the house more than usual. He used to not want to sleep with me unless I was petting him. Now he sleeps at the foot of my bed almost every night, sits by me when Im on the computer or doing random things around the apartment.
    Its cold now, especially down near the floor. Better to leech your body heat now.

Please share any experiences or advice.
    Can't say as I have had any. I stayed in a German Barracks (Fliegerhorst) for three months. Nothing. Been in castles. Nothing. Been on battlefields were men died hard. Nothing. But I am an Atheist that doesn't believe in an after life either.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,043 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by Elvia View Post
    ^^^Seriously? You had to come back and keep it up?
    Why is this important enough to argue about?

Seriously?

Holy dramarama.

Thanks

^^^ I do find it a little unneccesarily cruel that some people keep coming back and picking on the OP after she kindly asked them to stop, yes.

Thanks

Here's a wiccan spell to remove ghosts:

Tools

• White Virgin Candle (this is just a white candle)

Instructions
    If you have creeping terrors at night, trying speaking this verse:
    “This spell is written for the shadow,

which moves across the wall.

And for the unexplained light at the end of the hall.

it was written for the strange scent of jasmine

wafting in the winter air,

And for the gauzy mist, floating above the stairs."

After the dusk has turned to night, light a virgin candle and place it before a looking-glass. Gaze at it until you see a spirit from the past. When the flame begins to flicker and sway, gently whisper:

"Come, let me guide your way.”

Open your door, carry your candle into the night, and continue by saying:

“Come gentle spirit, God back,

Follow the light. in peace you came, in peace be gone.

For the good of all and harm to none.

So mote it be!”

Promote yourself and earn more money! This is a business that is owned by strippers for strippers. Let's make that money!

Thanks

Im not superstitious but I totally believe in ghosts and hauntings. But Im starting to get weirded out. Im really scared of ghosts. Here is why I think I might have one in my apartment. This all started within the last 2 months or so. I dont watch scary movies at all that involve ghosts.

-I have one of those bears that you squeeze and it plays a song. It turns on by itself

-Lights go off by themselves

-Last night I couldnt sleep and when I did, I had a weird dream that there was some kind of animal talking inside me (WEIRD, I know!) It was like a snake I think. I woke up and went to turn on the light and right when I did, the light bulb went out.

-My dog has started sleeping with me and following me around the house more than usual. He used to not want to sleep with me unless I was petting him. Now he sleeps at the foot of my bed almost every night, sits by me when Im on the computer or doing random things around the apartment.

Please share any experiences or advice.
    Stayed in an apartment for about three months. the first month, everything was fine, then a roommate moved in. Then things started to get weird shortly after that.
    E.g.
    -pictures would always fall off the the shelf that didn't happen before.
    -bedroom and bathroom door would always lock by itself. e.g. i'd be taking a shower, and then I couldn't get out, it was locked, but I never lock the bathroom door. I would get locked out of my own bedroom.
    -a friend would come over, and they would be in my bedroom to change, but when they try to come out, the door would be locked.
    -The TV would turn on by itself, this happened all the time. It would never turn off, and it would never happen when no one was there.. (Because I would never come home to find the tv on.) It was only while we were there it would happen. Could be some kind of weird electrical surge . but creepy anyways.
    -Got that thing where you wake up and your body can't move, like someone is lying on top of you. I know there's a scientific explanation for this, but it never happened before that.
    -weird noises during the night while I'm lying in bed. like the computer chair being rolled back and forth, back and forth for like an hour straight. perhaps it was coming from another floor, but it sounded like it was right outside the door.

I ended up telling a building manager/maintenance person, and he told me he heard similar stories before too.

none of this stuff happened before the roommate came, and perhaps she was doing this stuff as some weird joke, but I know her, and she is not that kind of person. she also had very weird stuff happen to her, but I don't even wanna write it here, cause you're gonna think I'm making it up. Not sure if this is coincidental, but she had an abortion a week after moving in. But the ghost that she saw was some asian lady with no eyes. just black sockets..
    okay, weird.

More than one person told us that the place had a weird vibe. (I didn't usually tell guests what was going on.. )

anyways, we moved out of there, but the advice we were given was to wear red, cause it keeps bad spirits away. and then do some kind of prayers, and to burn sage.

I think I can be quite skeptical about some things, but I believe in spirits.

Thanks

I found her post inappropriate, I said so. It's really not that big of a deal.

Anyway, to the OP, the teddy bear thing is weird. My best friend in high school lived in a house that everyone thought was haunted, and that was one of the weird things that was always happening. They had a stereo that would turn on by itself. They even tried unplugging it but it still kept happening. They would hear loud banging sounds coming from another room, like someone was pounding on the walls, but when someone would go in the room the noise was coming from it would stop. She had a gravel pathway that went right outside her bedroom window,and sometimes at night you could hear someone walking on it. But whenever anyone looked out the window, nothing. I didn't know about this until it happened once when I was spending the night. Scared the crap out of me.

The place I lived in was famously haunted. It had been built as a hotel for a world's fair kinda deal, but once the fair was over it was left in kind of an undesirable area, and so became a crime ridden flop house for the next century and had only recently been cleaned up when I moved in. lots of violent deaths in it's history. The people on the lower level complained that when they left their doors unlocked, they would slam open and they would hear the footsteps of someone running around the apartment. The most famous ghost was a little girl that spooked the cleaning staff. They would hear a footsteps run up behind them and a little voice saying "excuse me, miss!" but when they turned around nothing was there. I had dishes rattling, chairs being moved around, something pushing the buttons on my microwave (I would hear the beeping and when I went into the kitchen, there would be some random time punched in). The last straw was when I actually saw something. And that's when I decided to move.
    Last edited by Djoser; 12-18-2009 at 03:03 AM.

Thanks

Wow I can't believe people are being so dramatic and mean! It's uncalled for!

Anyway, I've heard that burning sage can help. Never tried it myself though.

Thanks

You can't get rid of a ghost. Move, or live with the ghost.

Here is my ex-wife's account of the haunted house we lived in, in Red Lodge, Montana. I really am a sceptic (although I hope not as big a jerk as she makes me sound) but I don't know what to say except, yes, the house seemed to be haunted, I was there, I experienced it.

http://www.wirenot.net/X/Stories/Gho...=0,3039,3040#0

more:

http://www.wirenot.net/X/Stories/Gho...dLodgeP2.shtml

Thanks

I've lived in a couple of places that I could only describe as being "haunted". Now, what exactly that means, I'm not sure. The way I would go about your situation would be to try to find logical explanations for all of these "odd happenings" you're experiencing. Keep in mind that many of us tend to almost romanticise the idea of a haunting (whether we want one or not), at least partially based around our belief systems and partially due to society's obsession with the spiritual and/or paranormal world. There are myriad reasons why humans experience these things. High EMFs, electrical surges, settling houses, sound carrying in a funny way (ie from neighbors, pedestrians, animals), etc. That being said, if you really believe with conviction that there is something going on, you've considered and ruled out other possibilities on your own, and you don't like the eerie feeling you can't shake it might be a good idea to track down a local paranormal investigative group, see what they find and if ask they have any advice or references to other specialists. I hope everything works out for you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast