Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Things that some clubs do that I don't like

Thanks

Default Things that some clubs do that I don't like

1-Advertise a dance special like "3 songs for 25 bucks!" and then each song is 1/3rd of a song. Not every club pulls this stunt...some will give you a legit three songs or whatever for the specified price, but damn man...the ones that do this shit....really? I MIGHT....MAYBE be able to see this if it's a busy Friday night and girls need to turn guys over....but this happened to me today, Tuesday afternoon, at 5:15 in a club with as many guys as girls.

2-charging for parking. Just tack on an extra quarter per drink or something, ok?

3-Toilet trolls...this has been discussed ad nauseum on here. I know some guys are ok with them and that's fine, but I can't stand having to pay a guy to wash my hands after I shake the snake

4-Uncomfortable chairs.

5-letting in guys that are lowlifes (ie ghetto types)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,283 Posts

Default Re: Things that some clubs do that I don't like

I would agree with this. I actually just say the 3 for 1 for the first time in South FL... and I couldn't hardly believe it. Not to mention what guys expect even on the 3 for 1 deals.

As time goes on I'm becoming more and more convinced that we need to go back to the days of burlesque and charge a "ticket price" at the door so there aren't a bunch of free loader types sitting around, and then some of this non-sense like 3 for 1 dances could be done away with too.
    Don't you ever sleep?
    Not at night...that's when the stars have rather better things to do. They're coming out, shining, that sort of thing.
    - Blog -
    My PM box fills up quick. If you have a question please with your username.
    Congrats to Pryce on doing some much needed tending in his garden!
    - -

In the locker room, but I don't see you here
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Hyde View Post
    1-Advertise a dance special like "3 songs for 25 bucks!" and then each song is 1/3rd of a song. Not every club pulls this stunt...some will give you a legit three songs or whatever for the specified price, but damn man...the ones that do this shit....really? I MIGHT....MAYBE be able to see this if it's a busy Friday night and girls need to turn guys over....but this happened to me today, Tuesday afternoon, at 5:15 in a club with as many guys as girls.
    See, in LA, as well as Phoenix, the songs are always cut. Rarely last more than 3:00, and often closer to 2:30-2:45 in the LA nude clubs (Spearmint Rhinos, Hawaii Theatre, etc.). When they announce a 2-4-1 or 3-4-1, they'll cut THAT down to 90 seconds per song. So long as you weren't doing a VIP room when the special came, you got a decent test drive with at least a few extra seconds.

One club I went to in Pico Rivera, I was literally the only custy who did NOT wait until a "special" to buy a dance. The only way the girls were going to sell a dance there was on a 2-4-1 special. It was remarkable: every seat filled during a stage show, then the DJ would announce a special, and half the club would get up to buy the dances. Then, the special was over, and, almost without exception, everyone returned to their seats. Gave me plenty of "alone" time with my girl. So this one, while I disagree with the concept, I understand the reasoning.

2-charging for parking. Just tack on an extra quarter per drink or something, ok?
    Only one club I've ever been to, Spearmint Rhino in downtown LA, did this. If you parked outside the gated area, you literally risked life and limb (and a carjacking). Worth the buck.

3-Toilet trolls...this has been discussed ad nauseum on here. I know some guys are ok with them and that's fine, but I can't stand having to pay a guy to wash my hands after I shake the snake
    Everyone's got to make a living, and I'd never begrudge another man trying to make an honest buck, but, really, how low must your life have gotten if you've got to make a living selling sticks of Juicyfruit in a strip club restroom? It makes me more sad than angry (kinda like why I don't like to go to AMPs; all I think about is that this girl giving me the handy is probably an indentured servant in this country). Takes all the fun out of it.

4-Uncomfortable chairs.
    Amen. Too many clubs actually have metal folding chairs. Really?

I always know when I'm at an "interesting" club when there's a sign by the door that states "No Gang Colors Allowed."

For me, I HATE that a lot clubs let their VIP couches just get destroyed without replacing them or at least repairing them. Their most expensive dances and their biggest spending clients are treated the worst. For instance, most of the VIP couches at Centerfolds in Phoenix are missing so many springs and stuffing, it's like I'm getting a dance crouched down like Mike Piazza. If I get an especially active dancer, it kills my back.

CP

Thanks
    Thanked 5,841 Times in 2,334 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

Most clubs I go to nowadays cut the songs for every dance, not just the specials. It doesn't bother me all that much but I tend to visit regulars who accept my buying dances in bulk and don't really keep count.

What bugs the shit out of me are lame-ass T-shirt dances that happen on a recurring basis while I am trying to relax and get my T&A fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by Katrine View Post
    yoda, I want you so bad it aches in the swimsuit area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophia_Starina View Post
    Sophia_Starina is a sensible stripper...Naked all the way.....
    Quote Originally Posted by tempest666 View Post
    Double team! 2 latinas with big tits!!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Twisted

4-Uncomfortable chairs.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MH- You pretty much covered all the bases- as for #1, sounds like you went to Deja Vu or some other corporate chain. Those are the worst offenders. Yes, CP, LA area clubs clip songs- some are now 2:15- 2:30 on regular songs The thing I don't like about the 2fer, etal specials is that they break up the flow. If I have a good thing going, please keep the music/general flow going- don't break things up like an obnoxious store blue light special anncmt, 'kay!!

For #6, the "buy the lady a drink" pressure, especially if drinks are grossly overpriced. One LA area club wants $40 for a bottled water ( and I balked at paying $6 at hotel room service- FTS!!). No thanks, I'd rather spend that on dances/tips.
    I'm right 96% of the time. I don't sweat the other 5% .......................

Thanks

I remember Hi-Liter in Phoenix had a valet guy who use to hassle me into doing valet. Valet was free, but I didn't want someone driving my car and then me feeling obliged to tip him. I learned quickly to enter through the back entrace to avoid the valet guy.

I also hate the toilet trolls. Do I really need someone to hand me a paper towel for $1?

I'll add one more to the list. How about clubs that have bouncers seat you? I can find my own damn seat. thanks. Sapphires in Vegas has every single table marked "Reserved" so you have to go through the bouncer to sit at a table.

Thanks

My ATF's home club prohibits cell phones and any kind of writing implements.

The club by work allows cell phones and writing implements, but refuses entry to people with any kind of hat.

Strange.
    --

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by SeppeSai View Post
    My ATF's home club prohibits cell phones and any kind of writing implements.

The club by work allows cell phones and writing implements, but refuses entry to people with any kind of hat.

Strange.
    The hat thing is usually related to keeping gang colors out of the clubs.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Pensive

Quote Originally Posted by Chili Palmer View Post
    One club I went to in Pico Rivera, I was literally the only custy who did NOT wait until a "special" to buy a dance. The only way the girls were going to sell a dance there was on a 2-4-1 special. It was remarkable: every seat filled during a stage show, then the DJ would announce a special, and half the club would get up to buy the dances. Then, the special was over, and, almost without exception, everyone returned to their seats.

This is the case in virtually every nude club that I frequent here in LA.

What sucks about this is when the girls think that no one is gonna buy a dance except for during 2fers - they basically abandon the floor between "specials". Often the only girl remaining in the room is the girl onstage.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Letting my waitress dance on a slow night when I want a drink.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by minnow View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

MH- You pretty much covered all the bases- as for #1, sounds like you went to Deja Vu or some other corporate chain. Those are the worst offenders. Yes, CP, LA area clubs clip songs- some are now 2:15- 2:30 on regular songs The thing I don't like about the 2fer, etal specials is that they break up the flow. If I have a good thing going, please keep the music/general flow going- don't break things up like an obnoxious store blue light special anncmt, 'kay!!

For #6, the "buy the lady a drink" pressure, especially if drinks are grossly overpriced. One LA area club wants $40 for a bottled water ( and I balked at paying $6 at hotel room service- FTS!!). No thanks, I'd rather spend that on dances/tips.
    It was T's Lounge in West Palm Beach. It wasn't a a huge deal, but I could have gotten the same thing I got for $25 bucks for 20, really. Just a small annoying thing that makes me not want to go back there in the future.

Ginger Lee was supposed to be dancing there the next night...too bad I wasn't in town for two days, her show is fun.

God/dess
    Thanks

The mandatory valet really irks me. Paying for a seat after already having paid a cover charge also irks me. Skin Cabaret in Scottsdale gives change in $2 bills, that irks me too. That all pales in comparison to the $50 cover charges now being charged at many of the Vegas clubs though.

Thanks

^^ $50 cover? Yikes!

God/dess
    Thanks

My pet hate is too many girls relative to the number of customers.

Pretty well guarantees dancers are going to have to hustle customer to death in order to make a living.

Put on 2/3 of the number of girls and give them less shifts to compensate. I'm sure girls would rather make $600 a shift from 4 shifts a week than $400 from 6 shifts a week.

As to the argument that the clubs are making too much money from shift fees to do this, the counter argument is that if you drive customers away because the degree of hustle is too high, then you've lost profit anyway. 0 customers = 0 profit.

Phil.
    Quote Originally Posted by J.D. View Post
    I've totally stared at guys' wallets with lust in my heart
    J.D. explaining how she reacts to guys staring at her body with lust in their hearts....

Thanks

I hate when a club has those periodic theme dances (selling t-shirts, dollar dances, whatever) and all of the dancers have to get up on stage or out on the floor. Even the ones who have been bought off the list and are in the middle of a string of lap dances. Totally disrupts the rhythm of the conversation :-)

I don't mind the piss trolls, as long as they're not allowed to wear hats or gab on their cell phones.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to MotherChucker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,981 Times in 1,158 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MotherChucker View Post
    I hate when a club has those periodic theme dances (selling t-shirts, dollar dances, whatever) and all of the dancers have to get up on stage or out on the floor. Even the ones who have been bought off the list and are in the middle of a string of lap dances. Totally disrupts the rhythm of the conversation :-)

Funny... I was just about to start a thread asking whether customers actually liked this. The club i work at now runs these stupid things all of the time... and i just dont get it. the girls hate it... and the customers dont seem to like it... i cant for the life of me figure out why clubs continue to do it!
    The best thing i have heard in a strip club to date:
    customer: we should get married right now! we should get a shotgun marriage!
    me: uhh... i think you are misunderstanding what a shotgun marriage means. A shotgun marriage means you knock me up and my daddy shows up at your door with a gun and forces you to marry me and raise the baby. You mean elope.
    customer: hmm... nah actually i will take the shotgun marriage. At least then we would be having sex.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by yoda57us View Post
    The hat thing is usually related to keeping gang colors out of the clubs.
    I get that part but I've also seen guys dressed in every other aspect of the gangster "uniform". Other guys wear ostentatious colored clothing, but they have to leave their hat in the car. Hell, I wear my jerseys to the club all the time, but I have to go hatless. It's annoying to me.
    --

Thanks

Music so fucking loud you have to scream at each other only 6 inches away. Or maybe I am just getting to old, LOL.
    I can do better than you in a two bit fancy house

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Athenathefabulous View Post
    Funny... I was just about to start a thread asking whether customers actually liked this. The club i work at now runs these stupid things all of the time... and i just dont get it. the girls hate it... and the customers dont seem to like it... i cant for the life of me figure out why clubs continue to do it!
    I don't dig the t-shirt sales crap but I kinda like the cattle call on stage...I can see all the girls at once rather than have to wait for everyone to make their stage apperance

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fast tan77 View Post
    Music so fucking loud you have to scream at each other only 6 inches away. Or maybe I am just getting to old, LOL.
    Oh man, this has always been a peeve of mine...ugh...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fast tan77 View Post
    This for sure^^

Plus just lame ass crappy DJ music. I love the party atmosphere of Lumberyard in Des Moines, but there is a DJ there that insists on playing thrash metal. f'n hate it.

Also hate the cattle call. Especially when you are hitting it off with a nice girl, then she gets called up with everyone and you are left deciding -- (a) do I look like a dbag and tell her I ain't buying the stupid hat that I have to throw in the trash for $30, (b) am I a PL that actually buys the stupid hat so she can still hang out with me.

I don't mind the piss trolls. I am a big believer in Karma and tip that dude every time. I have got a lifetime of good shit coming my way.... still waiting.... but confident it will come.

FINALLY -- Hate, hate, hate, f'n hate some of my own dudes that pull the old, "I don't want a dance, but this guy (me) does". Absolutely want to punch them in the face for sending their rejects my way in order to save face. OK, guess that is not the club.

How about clubs that have the ATM inside that costs like 10% to get cash? Seriously? Don't you want me getting more money? Why make it a rape job?
    If there are no strip clubs in heaven, I'm not going.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
    How about clubs that have the ATM inside that costs like 10% to get cash? Seriously? Don't you want me getting more money? Why make it a rape job?
    Seriously, I don't understand this either.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by SeppeSai View Post
    I get that part but I've also seen guys dressed in every other aspect of the gangster "uniform". Other guys wear ostentatious colored clothing, but they have to leave their hat in the car. Hell, I wear my jerseys to the club all the time, but I have to go hatless. It's annoying to me.
    I've noticed the same thing. The hat thing is a stupid knee-jerk reaction to the whole gang thing. It makes no sense.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by RBurgundy View Post
    LOL, because they can. Even worse than the ATM fee are the clubs who have no ATM and force you to buy their funny money. They charge the client a percentage but they also charge the dancer a percentage when she goes to turn it in for cash!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I found one inclub ATM that charged $20 per transaction and only allowed you to get $100 at a time.

That was one disappointed dancer.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast