Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 74

Thread: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

  1. #1
    Featured Member hot4ablackchick's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 261 Times in 149 Posts

    Default Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I've lost all faith. Its not even that I've just 'lost faith.' I've become a total asshole. Whenever someone tells me they are a Christian or that they believe in higher powers, I am instantly annoyed, think of them as an idiot, and know we have nothing in common therefore cannot have a meaningful relationship. I know this isn't fair, not the right way to act, and is judgemental in a way. Hell, I used to be a Christian. I just can't believe how some can still believe I guess. I don't know any atheists personally except for a few people at work, and they are hardly close friends. Everyone I know and all my loved ones are Christians, besides my hubby. Its even making these relationships difficult. I really need to learn to be more accepting.

    I've been reading the bible lately just to see if I'm missing something. Its even worse than I remembered. God sounds much like an abusive boyfriend and not like "Love and Forgiveness" like I've been told. Its pretty much like "worship me and do as I say or you will suffer in hell for eternity." It just seems to me like still believing in the bible is like still wanting to join a country club that doesn't allow blacks and jews. Its hard for me to be accepting of someones beliefs when the beliefs are so terrible. Then sometimes I think that maybe I just have the problem since most of the world disagrees with me and believes in some sort of god. Christianity is especially disgusting and self righteous to me. Everyone goes to hell except them and you are judged by how much you "believed" and not by your actions. What kind of fucktarded thinking is that??? The more I read, the more it doesn't make sense.

    I know some people will say "Well I don't believe this or that, but I believe in PARTS of the bible." That just seems even more annoying. The only thing worse to me than a "in your face" christian is a half ass christian. I once told a waitress that I was an atheist. I told her I was an atheist, and she had to tell me that I was still a child of god, he still loved me, and that I could end up in hell for not accepting him. When I told her she would end up in hell right along with me, she could not accept that. Half ass christian. She is working in a very "sinful" environmet, dressed scantily clad, and engaging in premarital sex and homosexual behavior. Although it clearly states that those who don't "put god first" go to hell, she wouldn't go to hell, god was just talking about everyone else it seems. Half ass christians can never accept that they will probably go to hell, but yet profess to believe in the bible/jesus sooo strongly, and remind me what I can go to hell for. They want to be Christians but don't want to act like a christian. Reminds me of when my stepkids were little and they didn't like playing the board game 'Sorry' with the 'Sorry' cards in place. Their grandma would always take the Sorry cards out when they played. I would leave them in, because its not really Sorry without the Sorry cards is it??? Removing the Sorry cards changes the whole game, its not sorry anymore. Though its unpleasant to get the sorry cards, its part of the game isn't it. I would say that those who take bits and peices out of the bible are not christians. You're playing sorry without the cards. You've changed the game. Different 'game' now.

    I'm not trying to incite any believers but I just don't get it. I respect that everyone has the right to worship and be left the hell alone. But I also have the right to think its a fucked up, destructive cult.

    Ughhh I hate having these feelings at the same time. Some of my christian friends and family members I love, and they are smart, interesting people. Sorry for rambling, hubby is away and I cannot sleep.
    Last edited by hot4ablackchick; 04-08-2010 at 04:18 AM.
    CARMEN IS HOTT 4 A BLACK CHICK!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolaStrings View Post
    Why does he have a headset on his head, like Janet Jackson or some shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    why does Janet Jackson have a headset on her head?!

  2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hot4ablackchick For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    God/dess Trem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,714
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I always feel slightly disappointed when i find out someone believes in any kind of supernatural crap also, i can't help it. It seems so completely obvious to me that its all complete bullshit that its hard to understand how anyone can delude themselves into believing any of it.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Trem For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    God/dess papillonluvr's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2006
    Location
    japan
    Posts
    3,724
    Thanks
    315
    Thanked 1,177 Times in 702 Posts
    My Mood
    Goofy

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    haha "half-ass" christian. I like that...

    Everybody needs to believe something...I personally don't like Christianity much. I mean, who would kill their own son in such an awful way? Who would drown the whole world except for a few chosen ones?
    I have a hard time believing in such a cruel god. But, different strokes for different folks, I guess. Ill stick to being a nature worshipper. Nature is cruel, but that kind of cruel I understand. Its a difference of being cruel, or intentionally malicious.
    "You can close your eyes to reality but not to memories -Stainslaw J. Lec

    Confuscius say: "Man who pull bra stap get bust in face"


  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to papillonluvr For This Useful Post:


  7. #4
    Newbie
    Joined
    May 2009
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Anything that requires blind faith as a fundamental tenet is to be taken with a SEVERE dose of skepticism, if not discounted completely.

    At least in my book, if not also Richard Dawkins'.

    I, too believe in the natural world (the Universe), but believe that it is so large that humans will never be able to fully understand it. We are the Universe trying to understand itself.

    Carmen, thank you for speaking up about Atheism! People with secular beliefs have been too quiet for way too fucking long!



    Deism does NOT equate to morality!!!

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to midiman For This Useful Post:


  9. #5
    God/dess Juliette25's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    2,042
    Thanks
    1,322
    Thanked 1,796 Times in 884 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I'm with you on this one. I used to be a Christian, and am not anymore. My parents became Christians when I was 18-19 and they're very into it now and it just bugs me to no end. I believe Jesus was a real person, and I think he was a good guy to put it very simply (lol), but there is so much that's wrong with Christianity as a whole religion, I just don't want to be a part of it anymore.

    I've actually started researching paganism. Just bought a book about the practices of Wicca. Not sure ye if it will be for me, but it's nature based which appeals to me. An intangible father figure in the sky and a heaven and hell that may or may not be real... doesn't.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Juliette25 For This Useful Post:


  11. #6
    Featured Member MarvelGirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,351
    Thanks
    1,063
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 643 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by hot4ablackchick View Post
    Whenever someone tells me they are a Christian or that they believe in higher powers, I am instantly annoyed, think of them as an idiot, and know we have nothing in common therefore cannot have a meaningful relationship.
    I feel the same way. I'm not religious and I don't want to talk religion or lack thereof with anyone. I get a little pissed when people feel the need to bring it up. I do not feel obligated in any way to defend what I do or do not believe and I strongly feel that it isn't anyone else's damn business.

    I feel the same way about politics too. I wish mothers would go back to teaching their kids that you don't talk about religion or politics in social settings. I hate having someone assume that I'm the same religion as them just as much as I hate them assuming that I'm a member of the same political party.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to MarvelGirl For This Useful Post:


  13. #7
    God/dess
    Joined
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,069
    Thanks
    440
    Thanked 1,859 Times in 786 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    high fives to everyone in this thread!

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to camille27 For This Useful Post:


  15. #8
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,975
    Thanks
    798
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 606 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I feel exactly the same as you, H4BC.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to KS_Stevia For This Useful Post:


  17. #9
    Banned
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    The "Christians" who use the bible to discriminate are the types who I dislike. You know the ones I mean, those who think women can't have careers because it's not in the bible, that non white people are below white males, etc. In fact I've read articles that say Mary Magdeline was one of Jesus' disciples but later stories made her out to be a whore. That part of the bible bothers me because I can't imagine God being that sexist and racist.

    Having said that, I am not sure how I feel about Christianity right now. My mother keeps telling me that God listens and if we pray our wishes come true. I keep praying for two wishes, and so far neither has come true. These are two very simple wishes (namely that I find a job and that the one I like and me get serious) and if neither one comes true, my belief will be destroyed. People tell me that if they don't come true then they aren't meant to be, but I'll take it as God saying I don't deserve what I want. And if God is that way, do I want to worship him? Everyday I question why good things happen to bad people and bad things to good people.

  18. #10
    Featured Member hot4ablackchick's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 261 Times in 149 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by midiman View Post
    Anything that requires blind faith as a fundamental tenet is to be taken with a SEVERE dose of skepticism, if not discounted completely.
    I think this what scares me most of all. The whole blind faith thing. It seems so easy to do something 'in the name of God.' The only unforgivable sin is having doubt or not beleiving in 'God.' So god would send someone to hell for not believing in some ancient book with a bunch of fairy tales written by other people that 'knew' him, that don't make any fucking sense. I guess I don't understand how anyone looks at the bible and goes, "Yup that seems right," and isn't delusional or dare I say stupid. But it isn't just for 'stupid' people and I know that. Yet whenever I see 'christian' I see stupid.
    Last edited by hot4ablackchick; 04-08-2010 at 12:43 PM.
    CARMEN IS HOTT 4 A BLACK CHICK!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolaStrings View Post
    Why does he have a headset on his head, like Janet Jackson or some shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    why does Janet Jackson have a headset on her head?!

  19. #11
    Banned ArmySGT.'s Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    SW Counter Troll HQ
    Posts
    5,588
    Thanks
    1,589
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,043 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    My Mood
    Amused

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by hot4ablackchick View Post
    I've lost all faith. Its not even that I've just 'lost faith.' I've become a total asshole. Whenever someone tells me they are a Christian or that they believe in higher powers, I am instantly annoyed, think of them as an idiot, and know we have nothing in common therefore cannot have a meaningful relationship. I know this isn't fair, not the right way to act, and is judgemental in a way. Hell, I used to be a Christian. I just can't believe how some can still believe I guess. I don't know any atheists personally except for a few people at work, and they are hardly close friends. Everyone I know and all my loved ones are Christians, besides my hubby. Its even making these relationships difficult. I really need to learn to be more accepting.
    I could have put my name in front of that rant. Reads word for word like something I would say. Most folks know to steer clear of the deity speak with me or get tongue lashed. Atheist unite! ha ha ha! No seriously don't that whole Humanist thing is silly.

    God kicks the puppy that loves him. Thats my analogy.

    I used to think it was the fan club that bothered me and not god. I changed my mind after going to war. I don't see why god needs to maim children; so they and others can learn a lesson. Nope not necessary.

  20. #12
    Featured Member hot4ablackchick's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 261 Times in 149 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellydancer View Post
    The "Christians" who use the bible to discriminate are the types who I dislike. You know the ones I mean, those who think women can't have careers because it's not in the bible, that non white people are below white males, etc. In fact I've read articles that say Mary Magdeline was one of Jesus' disciples but later stories made her out to be a whore. That part of the bible bothers me because I can't imagine God being that sexist and racist.

    Having said that, I am not sure how I feel about Christianity right now. My mother keeps telling me that God listens and if we pray our wishes come true. I keep praying for two wishes, and so far neither has come true. These are two very simple wishes (namely that I find a job and that the one I like and me get serious) and if neither one comes true, my belief will be destroyed. People tell me that if they don't come true then they aren't meant to be, but I'll take it as God saying I don't deserve what I want. And if God is that way, do I want to worship him? Everyday I question why good things happen to bad people and bad things to good people.
    This is where I was about a year before I became an atheist and it was very confusing for me. I felt bad for not believing and "questioning" God. We are so programed in this society to believe in God or at the very least believe in something. The whole bible has set us up to fail, so why would God want you find a job and be happy? God doesn't care about your happiness, he cares about how much you worship him. That is clearly stated in the bible. You come second, God comes first. God created sin yet punishes us for it. We are punished because two people ate an apple that god told them not to. The 'garden of eden' was a paradise without disease, bad weather, and in a sense 'perfect.' We ruined the perfection because we ate the apple (sinned). Now we have to pay for those sins. But why put the fucking apples there in the first place???? God provided no explaination when he told them not to eat the apple. He didn't say "Don't eat this apple because if you do you will be banished here forever, and everyone who comes after you, will live a life of sin, possible suffering, and have fucked up shit happen to them." Does the 'punishment' for eating the apple sound reasonable to you?? Why are we left to pay for the sins of others??? That is why bad things happen to 'good' people. We also have 'free will' which means God does not control us, we are 'free' to do what we please. Which means we have free will to commit incomprehensivable suffering on each other. Most Christians will say that he has a "divine plan", and "you just have to accept God's will." It seems to me that God's plan is that he just likes to torture people. Why else set up a bunch of asinine rules (rules that apparently nobody can follow, so he had to 'sacrifice' his only son/himself to give people some leeway) and then torture them in hell for disobeying??? Why worship someone who doesn't worship you back, and is frankly an ego centered, murderous, deceitful, hateful, homophobic, sexist, asshole. God sure does some dick-like things for someone who is suppossedly all about love and forgiveness. Theres gotta be something I'm missing.
    CARMEN IS HOTT 4 A BLACK CHICK!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolaStrings View Post
    Why does he have a headset on his head, like Janet Jackson or some shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    why does Janet Jackson have a headset on her head?!

  21. #13
    Banned
    Joined
    Jul 2005
    Posts
    11,064
    Thanks
    1,891
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by hot4ablackchick View Post
    This is where I was about a year before I became an atheist and it was very confusing for me. I felt bad for not believing and "questioning" God. We are so programed in this society to believe in God or at the very least believe in something. The whole bible has set us up to fail, so why would God want you find a job and be happy? God doesn't care about your happiness, he cares about how much you worship him. That is clearly stated in the bible. You come second, God comes first. God created sin yet punishes us for it. We are punished because two people ate an apple that god told them not to. The 'garden of eden' was a paradise without disease, bad weather, and in a sense 'perfect.' We ruined the perfection because we ate the apple (sinned). Now we have to pay for those sins. But why put the fucking apples there in the first place???? God provided no explaination when he told them not to eat the apple. He didn't say "Don't eat this apple because if you do you will be banished here forever, and everyone who comes after you, will live a life of sin, possible suffering, and have fucked up shit happen to them." Does the 'punishment' for eating the apple sound reasonable to you?? Why are we left to pay for the sins of others??? That is why bad things happen to 'good' people. We also have 'free will' which means God does not control us, we are 'free' to do what we please. Which means we have free will to commit incomprehensivable suffering on each other. Most Christians will say that he has a "divine plan", and "you just have to accept God's will." It seems to me that God's plan is that he just likes to torture people. Why else set up a bunch of asinine rules (rules that apparently nobody can follow, so he had to 'sacrifice' his only son/himself to give people some leeway) and then torture them in hell for disobeying??? Why worship someone who doesn't worship you back, and is frankly an ego centered, murderous, deceitful, hateful, homophobic, sexist, asshole. God sure does some dick-like things for someone who is suppossedly all about love and forgiveness. Theres gotta be something I'm missing.
    I often wonder why God does let bad things happen and I've asked people about that. They've said that God lets us make choices. But if that's the case, why let things like children starve? I really don't know.

  22. #14
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    1,975
    Thanks
    798
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 606 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I just don't see the need for a God. Sure, scienctific progress hasn't answered all the questions about life/death/human evolution/origins of the universe...but I think we know enough now to easily debunk a "fiery glowing all-knowing man in the sky" as the reason why we are born, die, fuck, and the earth keeps spinning.

    Its not that I have full "faith" in science, because its all based on evidence. Stuff gets refuted all the time, but not to the extent that it is so easy to refute the existence of God..or a great deal of the gospel in the Bible.

    There is even evidence to suggest that Jesus never existed..that he was created as an amalgomation of dieties from other religions, and his deeds were passed on through oral tradition.

    I'm also part-jewish by my background...and there is even less that makes sense in judaism.

    If anything, I like the concept of poly-theism better...having many gods in charge of many things about the world. Its less patriarchial, and also, more fun. But I still don't believe any of it is real.

    If god came to me, physically, I would consider myself having gone insane and check into the mental hospital.

  23. The Following User Says Thank You to KS_Stevia For This Useful Post:


  24. #15
    Featured Member hot4ablackchick's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 261 Times in 149 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    ^^LOL at mental hospital KS. I bet just about every atheist has been asked if "God were to give you a sign, would you then believe?" The answer is probably not because I just don't believe that god is real. I would probably contribute it to a hallucination, but who knows? Its like asking someone, "If you saw a unicorn would you believe in unicorns," OR "If a penguin spoke to you would you believe that penguins can talk." We both know that neither make any sense or are logically possible, so it would be difficult for me to equate God with sanity, as it would be difficult to equate talking penguins and unicorns with sanity. An atheist doesn't see god as logically possible, but I can't say with 100% certainty that I would not convert if god was "shown" to me. I can say that probably not, no matter the sign. As its not possible to "prove" god anyway.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kellydancer View Post
    I often wonder why God does let bad things happen and I've asked people about that. They've said that God lets us make choices. But if that's the case, why let things like children starve? I really don't know.
    I'm always interested to know the answer to this as nobody would ever choose starving over eating. Nobody would choose drought and famine over abundances of fruits, veggies, and fresh water. Certainly it is not hard for God to supply food and water for people, but he chooses not to. I find it plausible that there must be some degree of suffering for there to be progress. After all, we learn stuff from our struggles right?? But to die of starvation is both cruel and seems like way too much of a 'struggle' to be justified. We've all been really hungry and know how that feels. Imagine dying from it and having a belly full of parasites from having only disease filled water to drink from. You get all this because you are a kid who was 'lucky' enough to be born in a '3rd world' country. Oh I know, its to "test" our faith. Why is it that god is the only one who is 'allowed' to 'test' us through cruel, unnecessary means?? Perhaps there is a Christian somewhere lurking to enlighten you better than I can. I've got to be missing something.
    Last edited by hot4ablackchick; 04-08-2010 at 11:33 PM.
    CARMEN IS HOTT 4 A BLACK CHICK!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolaStrings View Post
    Why does he have a headset on his head, like Janet Jackson or some shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    why does Janet Jackson have a headset on her head?!

  25. #16
    Featured Member sxcbbw's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,264
    Thanks
    213
    Thanked 424 Times in 245 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Did you ever have an imaginary friend as a kid? Deism reminds me a lot of that. I guess some people just really, really, really need to believe that there's a deity out there that is capable of making things better, that loves them, that's infallible. A little like certain people I've met that would get into D/s relationships just so that they, the submissive, could pass on all responsibility and choices in their life - because it's okay, someone else is taking care of it. Deism seems like a great big security blanket, to me. A lot of people cannot face the possibility that maybe no one loves them, maybe no one can fix them or their lives, maybe there's no purpose for them, and so they turn to religion for comfort.
    Get the fuck off my harbl, yo'.

  26. #17
    Featured Member MarvelGirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,351
    Thanks
    1,063
    Thanked 2,396 Times in 643 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by KS_Stevia View Post

    If god came to me, physically, I would consider myself having gone insane and check into the mental hospital.
    I laughed like hell at this. I was working late the other night at my computer and I drifted off without realizing it. In my dream I was still sitting at the computer and suddenly this woman I'd never seen before just walked into the room. I was shocked and about to ask "how the hell did you get in here?" when her mouth dropped open impossibly wide (like two feet) and she let out this horrible shriek. I promptly woke up and fell out of my chair.

    Now, I was just really tired and I had been doing some research on demons for a story I'm working on but I can't help but wonder if stuff like that happens to people and they think it's a divine sign.

    Or I could be totally off base and the reality is that God is a banshee and she is seriously pissed off.

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to MarvelGirl For This Useful Post:


  28. #18
    God/dess Deogol's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,493
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGirl View Post
    I laughed like hell at this. I was working late the other night at my computer and I drifted off without realizing it. In my dream I was still sitting at the computer and suddenly this woman I'd never seen before just walked into the room. I was shocked and about to ask "how the hell did you get in here?" when her mouth dropped open impossibly wide (like two feet) and she let out this horrible shriek. I promptly woke up and fell out of my chair.

    Now, I was just really tired and I had been doing some research on demons for a story I'm working on but I can't help but wonder if stuff like that happens to people and they think it's a divine sign.

    Or I could be totally off base and the reality is that God is a banshee and she is seriously pissed off.
    You should research Edgar Cayce and what he managed to do between waking and sleeping.

  29. #19
    God/dess Deogol's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    5,493
    Thanks
    120
    Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    So when do we get to kick some hebs and muzzies around in this thread? Or is it only ok to be bigoted towards christians?

  30. #20
    God/dess
    Joined
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,472
    Thanks
    4,683
    Thanked 7,673 Times in 3,457 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I try not to worry much about what other people believe, but what bothers me is when others try to impose their religious beliefs on me.

  31. #21
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    whine country
    Posts
    813
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 253 Times in 139 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Given the fact they all share the same God, I say fuck'em all.

    The New Testament is clearly the result of the discovery of cannabis. A bunch of stoned hippies hanging out in Bethlehem decided they didn't like the vengeful. vindictive god of the Old Testament, so they nominated their buddy Spicoli to be the Son of Man, to try and get enough followers to allow them to continue to couch surf and not have to find work by preaching "love thy neighbor", "feed the poor" "judge not..." and creating the whole social gospel aspect of the New Testament.

    Clearly God was a Republican and his kid was a lib.

  32. #22
    Featured Member hot4ablackchick's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2006
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,346
    Thanks
    83
    Thanked 261 Times in 149 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by Deogol View Post
    So when do we get to kick some hebs and muzzies around in this thread? Or is it only ok to be bigoted towards christians?
    Nope. Feel free to be bigoted against any of them, as they are equally asinine in my book. I am only picking on christians because I don't personally know or have any interactions with people of other faiths. I know ONE pagan from work, but all my friends/family members are christians. Reserving the right to think something is fucking stupid is a bigot??
    CARMEN IS HOTT 4 A BLACK CHICK!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by ViolaStrings View Post
    Why does he have a headset on his head, like Janet Jackson or some shit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Emily View Post
    why does Janet Jackson have a headset on her head?!

  33. #23
    God/dess Trem's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    2,963
    Thanks
    1,714
    Thanked 3,255 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    Quote Originally Posted by Deogol View Post
    So when do we get to kick some hebs and muzzies around in this thread? Or is it only ok to be bigoted towards christians?
    Is it bigoted to think people who believe in big foot are dumb? how about werewolves? how are christian beliefs any less ridiculous?

  34. #24
    JRdancer
    Guest

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I guess I look at a lot of positive and beautiful things in this world and feel like there must be something more. Especially if you start studying space and astronomy. It's totally amazing. It does not prove or disprove God (as nothing can), but that doesn't matter to me since I'm not living by some strict code that says I can't enjoy life or that there's something wrong with me or that I can't be a stripper (and be great at my job). People at work ask why I'm always smiling and happy, and I can't help but think it's because I'm a spiritual person (since my life is by no means perfect to be smiling every day). And by spiritual I mean looking at the good in life and being grateful for it. Since I was raised Christian, that's where my faith stems from. I know what you guys mean about people seemingly going off the deep end (and I'll admit they scare me too), but you know what, as long as they aren't doing things out of hate and hurting other people...so what? I know someone who is very religious and I don't spend a lot of time with him because it gets annoying, but at the same time, I'd never bash or ridicule him. That's the same as I wouldn't hang out with someone who only talks about football. We just don't have a lot in common, and I'd start to get annoyed listening to that too.

    The bottom line is anyone who cares about being kind to others (whatever their religion might be) is someone I want to be around. I 'd like them more for it and wouldn't consider them delusional.

  35. #25
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    114
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 11 Times in 11 Posts

    Default Re: Is Christianity just for the delusional??

    I say believe what you want but leave me alone

    when jehovah witnesses come to my door and I am really bored I tell them I worship the dark lord

    I do love pagans though, they always know where to find the best herbs

    I mean herbs for making uhmmm healing potions yeah thats it healing potions

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Self Storage ANd Christianity
    By Lapaholic in forum General Board
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 01:02 PM
  2. Milking the Delusional?
    By Zinaida in forum Hustle Hut
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 10:45 PM
  3. Colbert vs. Correll - Islam vs. Christianity
    By azcustomer in forum General Board
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-06-2006, 10:20 AM
  4. old men can be delusional
    By georgiapeach in forum Stripping (was Stripping General)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-04-2006, 07:52 AM
  5. Hijacking Christianity
    By Hello~Kitty in forum Political Poo
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-24-2005, 11:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •