Thread: Black Panther party and tea party movements

Thanks
    Thanked 13,654 Times in 4,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Black Panther party and tea party movements

http://opinion.foxnews.mobi/quickPag...ntent=40785631
    I'm just bored watching Geraldo right now, and what I can see, the NAACP, Tea Party, and New Black Panthers are pointing fingers accusing each other of racism. I just googled Black Panthers and this was the 1st story that I could paste the link.

Has anyone been keeping up with this story?
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,086 Posts

Default Re: Black Panther party and tea party movements

I haven't been paying attention to all of that, but can see all sides to it. Yes there is racism, but it's nowhere as bad as it's been stereotyped. Yes, some of the tea party people are racists, but others are more of the fiscal conservatism (I am a fiscal conservative). I will say this, I am tired of people making illegal immigration all about race. While there are some people who hate illegals who are Mexican, most just don't want illegals of any race coming here. I don't care what race an illegal is, but when people come here illegally, steal American jobs, and freeload, then that's where I draw the line.

Thanks

Yeah, I've been keeping up with this story. They're both accusing one-another of racism. Apparently, the new Black Panthers were watching a polling place during the presidential elections and may or may not (were video-documented as having) a night-stick. The guy with the camera told the Black Panther that he was being intimidating and they mouthed at each other. The case was brought against the Black Panthers for voter intimidation and they were convicted, but then the case was dropped. It seems pretty shady on both sides, honestly... but then, most news does.
    Xo,
    Me

Thanks
    Thanked 13,654 Times in 4,407 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

http://ironicsurrealism.blogivists.c...eo-transcript/

I guess there's something going on in SC where a poor man was drug, remniscent of 1995 in Jasper TX. That is fucked up in every way! But I don't appreciate those statements about "cracker babies" and "cracker whores"
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Thanks
    Thanked 10,563 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

(snip)"New Documentary Charges Obama Stole Nomination From Hillary

"We Will Not Be Silenced 2008" is a film made be life-long Democrat Gigi Gaston that cites evidence of fraud and voter intimidation during the caucus process in 2008."(snip)

see

(snip)"We believe The Democratic National Committee (DNC) made a grave error by depriving American voters of their choice of Hillary Clinton as Democratic nominee. Senator Clinton, by all accounts, except caucuses, won the Primary Election and, therefore, should be the 2008 Democratic Nominee. That didn't happen, due largely to illegitimate and illegal acts. We have interviews of many accounts from caucus states recounting threats, intimidation, lies, stolen documents, falsified documents, busing in voters in exchange for paying for "dinners," etc. There are at least 2000 complaints, in Texas alone, of irregularities directed towards the Obama Campaign, that have lead to a very fractured and broken Democratic Party.

This documentary is about the disenfranchising of American citizens by the Democratic Party and the Obama Campaign. We the People have made this film. Democrats have sent in their stories from all parts of America. We want to be heard and let the country know how our party has sanctioned the actions of what we feel are Obama Campaign "Chicago Machine" dirty politics. We believe this infamous campaign of "change" from Chicago encouraged and created an army to steal caucus packets, falsify documents, change results, allow unregistered people to vote, scare and intimidate Hillary supporters, stalk them, threaten them, lock them out of their polling places, silence their voices and stop their right to vote, which is, of course, all documented in "We Will Not Be Silenced.""(snip)

By my read of the overall situation, the New Black Panthers more or less raised the racial issue by referring to Tea Party supporters as racist ... ostensibly because their view towards lower taxes, reduced social welfare benefits etc. arguably negatively impact Blacks and Hispanics more than Whites. The Tea Party supporters then responded by pointing out that the New Black Panthers were benefitting from racism by US Attorney General Eric Holder's decision not to investigate / prosecute Black Panther interference in certain 2008 election activities. The New Black Panthers, the NAACP etc. then raised the stakes by denying wrongdoing and claiming that Tea Party policies benefit those who are rich and White. However, the Tea Party supporters responded by dredging up and obtaining publicity for the New Black Panthers' racially tilted 2008 election interference ... which apparently occurred on a much wider scale than the original 'Panthers at the Polls' video clips from 2008 network news tended to indicate. At this point, Hillary supporters made racial accusations of their own against the New Black Panthers etc.

It is doubtful that this 'battle' will gain much traction with US mainstream media. However, it does raise a number of difficult potential questions !

~
    Last edited by Melonie; 07-18-2010 at 10:38 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/44/...firms-opp.html

Tea Party Nation reaffirms opposition to racism
    By Matt DeLong

Updated at 11:21 a.m.

Fresh on the heels of the banishment of Tea Party Express and founder Mark Williams on Sunday, another tea party group is reaffirming opposition to racism.

Following Williams's satirical mock letter to Abraham Lincoln from NAACP President Ben Jealous in which Williams called slavery a "great gig," Tea Party Nation issued a statement Monday appearing to condemn Williams without mentioning his name. The group says it has a "zero tolerance policy against racism" and "will ban any members who show themselves to be racist."

Tea Party Nation is perhaps best known for hosting the National Tea Party Convention in Nashville earlier this year, where the keynote address was delivered by former Alaska governor Sarah Palin. Former CNN host Lou Dobbs has signed on to headline the group's next convention. The issue rose to prominence last week after the NAACP passed a resolution condemning racism within the tea party movement at its national convention.

<snipped at this point>
    I loved going to strip clubs; I actually made some friends there. Now things are different for the clubs and for me. As a result I am not as happy.

Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

http://www.opednews.com/articles/The...00719-668.html

The Tea Party Does a Striptease and It Turns Out to be the Republican Party with Misspelled Signs
    By Stephen Crockett (about the author)

The Tea Party movement has started to come unglued over a series of internal contradictions that amount to an identity crisis. The Tea Party is caught in a "Catch 22" position that has largely been ignored by the corporate mainstream media.

Just this morning I watched a local PBS show where a Republican operative claimed that the Tea Party movement was not "Republican, Right Wing or racist." The comment appears to be the Republican Right Wing official spin on all things "Tea Party" in nature. Unfortunately, the claim really lacks credibility because it conflicts with the facts on the ground all over the nation.

Anyone who really watched the development of the Tea Party movement, as part of the anti-healthcare reform effort, understands that it was a creation of Fox News and corporate funded Right Wing Republican operatives. Despite many claims to the contrary, it brought very few new faces into the political process.

What the Tea Party public relations campaign did was simply "re-brand" the various largely discredited, Right Wing fringe elements in the Republican Party under a new name. It did con the mainstream corporate media very effectively into calling blatant corporatist, economic elitist policies "populist." It was a bad joke that the media completely missed or just ignored.

Like the fake ACORN pimp and voter registration scandals, the storyline falls apart completely when the details are examined in any detail. The spin relies on manufactured "facts" that are really outrageous lies being told over and over again. In time, the storyline falls apart but often the damage has been done. It appears the mainstream corporate media has learned absolutely nothing from their Iraq War-Weapons of Mass Deception experience.

<snipped at this point from a very long article>
    I loved going to strip clubs; I actually made some friends there. Now things are different for the clubs and for me. As a result I am not as happy.

Customers are not entitled to grope, disrespect, or rob strippers. This is their job, not their hobby, and they all need income. Clubs are not just some erotic show for guys to view while drinking.

NOTE: anything I post here, outside of a direct quote, is my opinion only, which I am entitled to. Take it for what you estimate it is worth.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

I'm not saying I believe very much of this, yet....

Thanks

Sorry I had a fight in your black panther party. Gump
    I can do better than you in a two bit fancy house

Featured Member
    Thanks

There are many legitimate cases of racism, placism, and all kinds of other isms in this world. I don't view this as legitimate at all. Merely an attempt to grab media attention.

Personally, if someone runs to the media and screams racism for the sake of publicity, I'd like to remove them from my race, the human race.
    Have we not heard the chimes at midnight?

Once more, unto the breach, dear friends.

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

-- Its always amazed me how no one learns the lines from Shakespeare. I guess it is true that people don't learn history's lessons until something become's their history.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

So to you "Williams's satirical mock letter to Abraham Lincoln" means nothing at all?

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by threlayer View Post
    So to you "Williams's satirical mock letter to Abraham Lincoln" means nothing at all?
    Are you seriously directing that question at me? If so, its really sad that I would be proclaimed a racist because I am disgusted by everyone associated with the issues I have seen in the media over the past 1-2 weeks.
    Have we not heard the chimes at midnight?

Once more, unto the breach, dear friends.

If you prick us do we not bleed? If you tickle us do we not laugh? If you poison us do we not die? And if you wrong us, shall we not revenge?

-- Its always amazed me how no one learns the lines from Shakespeare. I guess it is true that people don't learn history's lessons until something become's their history.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,406 Times in 871 Posts

Both sides could do a better job of marginalizing and isolating the fruits and nuts in their ranks. Bill Buckley spent years kicking Birchers and Anti-Semites out of mainstream conservatism. He erred in not going after the racists with the same vigor until much later.

On the one hand we have Holder and his Justice Department giving the New Black Panthers a pass for behavior that Klansmen or Nazis would NEVER have been permitted to get away with. But on the other, we have the rush to judgement involving Ms. Sherrod at the Ag. Dept. who lost her job when her dismissal was apparently undeserved. If she was "racist" then why does Holder still have a job ?

A LOT of the allegations against the Tea Party are unsupported. It is alleged that some used vulgar racial insults against Black Congressmen for voting for Obama's Health Plan. Nobody has been able to prove it. Breitbart has offered $100,000 to anyone with video or audio evidence and to date, nobody has even tried to collect.

As far as the NAACP is concerned, where are their efforts to marginalize Farrakhan and his loopy ideas ? Have any of the leaders READ his stuff ? A mad scientist creating white people in his lab 6,000 years ago ? It would be as laughable as Scientology but the tragedy is that thousands of otherwise sane, rational people apparently believe it. And the NAACP has for decades been "inclusive" towards Screwy Louie and other nut cases. Shouldn't they clean their own house first ? Who the hell are they to criticize anyone else ? In a column this week, Stanley Crouch said it better than I could. He reminded the reader that Dr. King purposely did NOT invite the Nation Of Islam to the March on Washington in 1963.

Where were the critiques of the lovely and talented Rev. Wright ? The whole country gave Obama a pass for sitting quietly for twenty years while Wright frothed and raved.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Neither side can afford to kick out their crazy fringe because elections have been too damn close, specially in 2000 and 2004. Every vote matters, even the ones from fucked up people.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,253 Times in 1,343 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Stoner View Post
    Where were the critiques of the lovely and talented Rev. Wright ? The whole country gave Obama a pass for sitting quietly for twenty years while Wright frothed and raved.
    Did you actually watch the news during the election? the Rev Wright stuff was beaten into the ground over and over again. You are just mad because he got elected anyways, but nobody gave him a pass.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Politics and desire to stay in power have distorted so many things in our society. I'd vote in a heartbeat for term limits for Congressmen.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by JoeUnCool View Post
    There are many legitimate cases of racism, placism, and all kinds of other isms in this world. I don't view this as legitimate at all. Merely an attempt to grab media attention....
    sorry, indefinite antecedent there

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Trem View Post
    Did you actually watch the news during the election? the Rev Wright stuff was beaten into the ground over and over again. You are just mad because he got elected anyways, but nobody gave him a pass.
    Yes but with at least two gigantic caveats : Wright's ravings were covered, belatedly, but Obama's silence was ignored. Any attempt to connect him to Wright or Bill Ayers or Saul Alinsky was immediately stifled by the lamestream media. Remember what happened to George Stephanopolus when he had the gall to ask Obama whether Wright loved the U.S. as much as he did ? The lamestream media and leftist blogosphere called him everything from a Hillary stooge to a racist. MSLSD, CNN, ABC, NBC and CBS were all very careful about broadcasting anything critical of Obama. They never even asked the question as to WHY Obama hung out with America hating radicals ? Let alone whether Wright's sermons would have any effect on Obama's ideas, policies or mode of governing. How exactly did Obama automatically get marked "Absent" every
    time Wright went over the edge ? Why wasn't Michelle EVER asked, just once , how she came to choose Wright's church ? What was it that appealed to her ?
    Whether she agreed with Wright calling America "The United States of the KKK " ? Or that 9/11 was righteous payback for Hiroshima and Nagasaki ?

Here's the real problem : Obama was supposed to be a "post-racial" President. He was supposed to be the antidote to racial politics. We were supposed to get color blind policy. Have we ? Who appointed Holder ? The man who called white people "cowards" about race ? Sherrod was a sacrificial lamb to show us that Obama's Administration isn't racist ? She didn't get much due process, did she ?
    Btw, kudos to CNN for digging up the real facts. Must have been refreshing for them to do some real journalism for a change.
    A
    The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena... who, at the best, knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those timid souls who know neither.
    Teddy Roosevelt

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,124 Times in 3,086 Posts

There are some way out there theories and speculations (on both sides) but I will mention this: the media loves the extremes of every group and it's used to brainwash people into thinking an "all or nothing". People mention civil rights and think "anti white" when that was never MLK's intention at all. His intention was for everyone to love regardless of color. People think social conservative and think "anti minority and anti women" when not all are that way. Others think all feminists hate men, though many feminists are married and do not support the more radical fringe groups.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

First, I don't know why this political thread was allowed.

Wright's ravings were covered, belatedly, but Obama's silence was ignored. Any attempt to connect him to Wright or Bill Ayers or Saul Alinsky was immediately stifled by the lamestream media.
    Obama left Wright's congregation. I think Wright changed a lot during that election period. Obama probably had some close friends who had been there a long time. Wright wasn't the only person he knew there. In some congregations the people connections are strong. You think maybe he didn't want to diss all the people still in that group?

Remember what happened to George Stephanopolus when he had the gall to ask Obama whether Wright loved the U.S. as much as he did ? The lamestream media and leftist blogosphere called him everything from a Hillary stooge to a racist.
    Gosh, that never happens to a liberal by the reactionary radio right, does it?

Here's the real problem : Obama was supposed to be a "post-racial" President. He was supposed to be the antidote to racial politics.
    Don't tell me you actually believed that stuff. Racism in America is only slowly waning. The elections results were not that much of an accelerator. Funny thing is if a liberal had said that phrase here, you would have blasted them, and now you're acting disappointed because you realize it isn't true? Or is this feint sarcasm?
    Last edited by threlayer; 07-28-2010 at 10:49 PM.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by threlayer View Post
    First, I don't know why this political thread was allowed.

Obama left Wright's congregation. I think Wright changed a lot during that election period. Obama probably had some close friends who had been there a long time. Wright wasn't the only person he knew there. In some congregations the people connections are strong. You think maybe he didn't want to diss all the people still in that group?

Gosh, that never happens to a liberal by the reactionary radio right, does it?

Don't tell me you actually believed that stuff. Racism in America is only slowly waning. The elections results were not that much of an accelerator. Funny thing is if a liberal had said that phrase here, you would have blasted them, and now you're acting disappointed because you realize it isn't true? Or is this feint sarcasm?
    Obama left when he had no choice. Wright has been his guest at the White House several times.

Wright changed ? Changed how ? He "retired". If you watched his interviews with Moyers and others, there was no recanting of his whacky sermons. He and Screwie Louie held an awards ceremony where they awarded prizes to themselves lol. I am NOT maing this up.

Obama never said why he joined Wright's church. Neither did Michelle. So you know something the rest of the country and all of the media does not know. Nobody ever pressed Obama on why he stayed with Wright. Everybody gave him a pass including Hillary and McCain. Hillary didn't want to be asked the obvious : "Why did you stay with Bill despite all his dalliances ? " And McCain was afraid of being painted as a racist.

Far more unfair attacks are launched by the left against the right. All you have to do is read Media Matters and watch Rachel Madcow.

I'm sorry but I just remember what we were told after Obama became the nominee and after he got elected. I didn't say it but maybe I hoped there was truth to it. Al Sharpton was just lionized in a cover story piece in Newsweek. He talks to Obama and has been to the White House on a monthly basis. I rest my case.
    A
    Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Wright changed ? Changed how ? He "retired". If you watched his interviews with Moyers and others, there was no recanting of his whacky sermons. He and Screwie Louie held an awards ceremony where they awarded prizes to themselves lol. I am NOT maing this up.
    I was thinking before he had those outbursts and after the Obamas joined his church. I'm not going to follow up this outdated, obsolete and meaningless story.