Thread: Streamate and recording...

Thanks

Default Streamate and recording...

I've read a lot about streamate recording you and selling your videos. It turned me off from wanting to cam on that site, but I've also read a lot of good things about it. I am on MFC right now and that will be my main site, but I want to cam on another site at the same time for days when mfc is slow for me. Anyway...to my question. Does watermarking your video feed do anything at all to prevent streamate from selling your vids? And is it really that common?

Thanks

Default Re: Streamate and recording...

Ha! You're concerned about Streamate selling your recorded vids, yet your main site is MFC?! MFC is #1 in having privates and group chats recorded of models. Every member on ''any'' cam site at'' anytime'' can record any model. Thats not just the business but technological advanced capabilities within itself. I am sure you have been recorded numerous amounts of times already and didn't even know it! Sorry dear but thats just the down side of this business.

Thanks
    Thanked 14,667 Times in 4,381 Posts

Yes, it's very common. Did you read how MFC records all your private shows too? I believe those are only available to the ones who paid to watch it tho.

It says in the viewer FAQ "All of your private shows are archived to your account so you can watch them again any time you like for free. They are located in your Archives section in your Personal Menu."

The bigger problem on MFC though is all the guys recording in free vid and posting them everywhere on the net. Anything you broadcast on the net can be easily recorded.

I don't think Streamate allows watermarking.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm not for sure if alot of new girls being introduced into the cam world know how to read a ''model agreement'' properly! It's as if you just signed the release and sent it back to the company without ''thoroughly'' reading through it!
    **WARNING**
    IF YOU ARE AN ACTIVE CAM MODEL OR SOMEONE INTERESTED IN ONLINE WEBCAMMING, ANY AND ALL OF YOUR WEBCAM FEED IS SUBJECTED TO BEING RECORDED AT ANYTIME. THE SITE THAT YOU SIGN UP FOR OWNS THE RIGHT TO ANY AND ALL MEDIA AND MULTIMEDIA CONTENT UNPLOADED TO THE SITES SERVER.

So yes! When you are dead and long gone your content will still be traded, brought, sold, and exchange all over the internet years from now. Now *say cheese and smile for the camera* :-)

Thanks

Should have put this in at first....I know that ppl record me on MFC and I know that MFC has archives. I have already found plenty of vids of me that ppl have posted. That is different to me though than the actual site doing it.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post

I don't think Streamate allows watermarking.

Thank you...this is the type of info I am looking for. I already know all the crap about mfc. Anybody else know for sure if streamate doesn't allow watermarking?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Taylor89 View Post
    Should have put this in at first....I know that ppl record me on MFC and I know that MFC has archives. I have already found plenty of vids of me that ppl have posted. That is different to me though than the actual site doing it.
    I'm confused! How is different?....

Thanks

I'm not sure exactly, just is to me. Guess I don't want to turn my cam on knowing for sure that my shows will end up other places. With mfc, its just if some guy wants to record me and post me on some forum. I can get these vids taken down pretty easily, and they will mostly only be if I do something sexy in public chat.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 328 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DevonSantos View Post
    I'm not for sure if alot of new girls being introduced into the cam world know how to read a ''model agreement'' properly! It's as if you just signed the release and sent it back to the company without ''thoroughly'' reading through it!
    **WARNING**
    IF YOU ARE AN ACTIVE CAM MODEL OR SOMEONE INTERESTED IN ONLINE WEBCAMMING, ANY AND ALL OF YOUR WEBCAM FEED IS SUBJECTED TO BEING RECORDED AT ANYTIME. THE SITE THAT YOU SIGN UP FOR OWNS THE RIGHT TO ANY AND ALL MEDIA AND MULTIMEDIA CONTENT UNPLOADED TO THE SITES SERVER.

So yes! When you are dead and long gone your content will still be traded, brought, sold, and exchange all over the internet years from now. Now *say cheese and smile for the camera* :-)
    Yup.
    And it's a risk you take when you become a camgirl, on ANY site. That was my number one deterrent of becoming a camgirl, but it's something you can't help. You're going to find recordings of yourself on the internet, and if you don't see them, trust me they're out there. If not the sites recording them, the guys are. The best you can do is patrol the tube sites and send dmca notices to the sites where your videos are.

Banned
    Thanks

i run my manycam over my video feed on streamate. the day that i get a warning about it..thats the day I chuck up the dueces. Because if your gonna sell my shit...let them know whos shit it is. MINE.

Banned
    Thanks

Ive had over 20 recorded videos STOLEN and leaked...so this streamate stuff really is not to bad yet for me...unless i see myself...lol.

but everybody gets recorded with permission or without it. THATS PART OF THE GAME.

FAST MONEY always has a reason its fast... usually you sign over your soul for it...