Thread: Taking the plunge: camming full-time

Thanks
    Thanked 5,053 Times in 1,117 Posts

Crossfingers Taking the plunge: camming full-time

Today is my fiance's last day at his full-time job! We're finally taking the plunge to being a fully webcam-financed family! It's a bit of a risky move, but he hates his job and it has caused him a lot of physical difficulties recently, from back problems to skin rashes and eye infections.

This means I have to shoulder a lot more responsibility now, so I'm a bit nervous, but also excited! I will likely have to increase my camming hours by about 20-25 each week... which is a lot more to take on. But I feel ready for the challenge!

My fiance does webcam as well, so he'll be contributing too. He only makes a fraction of what I make though, so to make up for it, he'll be taking over most of the childcare and housework duties. We'll likely start doing couples cam a few hours a week as well.

Let me know if you girls have any tips for full-time camming... I'm signing up to pretty much every site out there to diversify my earnings and have back-ups in case one site is slow or glitchy... and I'm FINALLY getting my independent camming into gear. Of course, now I REALLY need to start thinking about this as a business and not just "another way to make money".

Wish me luck!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: Taking the plunge: camming full-time

Good luck to ya honey!
    The most important thing for you guys is to get a schedule that works for your family, and stick to it. Camming is and can be a very succesful business! (As you know I am sure).
    This is such an exciting time for you guys. Good luck, I will be praying for you.

HUGS!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Smurfette View Post
    Of course, now I REALLY need to start thinking about this as a business and not just "another way to make money".
    THIS part will be the HARDEST part for you. I still struggle with this and have to kick my own ass sometimes to not be lazy (some days I could have the energy to clean the house spotless but have to beg myself to log in). I've always been a hard worker, but a terrible procrastinator. Once I'm logged in I can stay all day, but getting me there some days is like pulling teeth, and there are a million things to distract you at home.

Just think about the $$$, and set a schedule.

I have serious goals for myself now... I know exactly where I want to move and what neighborhood I want my house in. Just keep stuff like that in your head if you feel yourself dragging (slow day/week)..

You guys sound like a very cute couple!!!! Make that $$$$$$$$!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yuki* For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You guys sound amazing! Good luck with everything!

Thanks

Thanks ladies! Tonight we're celebrating with a bottle of wine... but starting tomorrow we're buckling down.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki* View Post
    THIS part will be the HARDEST part for you. I still struggle with this and have to kick my own ass sometimes to not be lazy (some days I could have the energy to clean the house spotless but have to beg myself to log in). I've always been a hard worker, but a terrible procrastinator. Once I'm logged in I can stay all day, but getting me there some days is like pulling teeth, and there are a million things to distract you at home.

Just think about the $$$, and set a schedule.

I have serious goals for myself now... I know exactly where I want to move and what neighborhood I want my house in. Just keep stuff like that in your head if you feel yourself dragging (slow day/week)..

You guys sound like a very cute couple!!!! Make that $$$$$$$$!
    Wow, you just described me to a T. Sometimes if I don't FORCE myself to get on webcam, I just won't do it. Then I feel bad about myself and in turn my self-esteem goes down, then I start feeling crappy, and it's even HARDER to force myself to get on cam.

It's not that I don't want to do it, but when I spend all day chasing a toddler around, running errands, cleaning the house, doing laundry, and cooking meals, and then my fiance comes home from work, I only get to see him for an hour or two, and THEN I'm supposed to get on webcam for 3 to 6 hours? Uhhh... pass.

But now that he'll be home all the time, the dynamic will totally change. I'll have a lot more energy for webcam, I'll be able to do it any hour of the day or night as I please, and now that it will be a MUST instead of a "well, I know I SHOULD... but the Bachelorette is on!!", I think motivation will come a lot easier.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Smurfette For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

dude you sound like me. Drink a Red Bull, put on a sexy outfit, and put up a visualization board or some motivational quotes by your computer. That will get you pumped. Let us know how the full-time thing goes.

Thanks

Omg Smurfette we are the same LOL.. I've gotten a lot better, but I find if I take a few days off my mind gets out of it's routine and it's VERY hard for me to start back up I'll spend hours browsing the web about stupid shit/watching tv/rearranging furniture, feeling guilty the entire time... But once I'm at work for about 5 days straight I feel guilty for taking time off, and that's when I want to work the most! It's all backwards!!!

I was the kid in school that was always 5 mins late to first class but never missed a day the whole year/never cut classes. I didn't want to go, but I WANTED to be there... Have no idea why I'm like that.

The good thing is that if things get SERIOUS, I make shit happen. I'm trying to take everyday serious now, for my future - not my current bills.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Yuki* For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,529 Times in 432 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

If you're going to do this full-time, I'd recommend forming a business and becoming familiar with all the tax info for your state (if you haven't already). I was really surprised to find out that self-employed people are essentially taxed twice, and here in MI I end up paying over 33% of my income in taxes.

Lame, but better to work for yourself, I say.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to space_cowgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Yuki* View Post
    Omg Smurfette we are the same LOL.. I've gotten a lot better, but I find if I take a few days off my mind gets out of it's routine and it's VERY hard for me to start back up I'll spend hours browsing the web about stupid shit/watching tv/rearranging furniture, feeling guilty the entire time... But once I'm at work for about 5 days straight I feel guilty for taking time off, and that's when I want to work the most! It's all backwards!!!

I was the kid in school that was always 5 mins late to first class but never missed a day the whole year/never cut classes. I didn't want to go, but I WANTED to be there... Have no idea why I'm like that.
    Haha, yeah we are the same. If I take one night off, I'll be tempted to take the next night off too, and on and on. but when I really buckle down and work hard every night, I get my momentum going and it's hard to stop! This is why I try to force myself to work every day even if it's only for an hour. It's not so much about the money (an hour's worth isn't much anyway) but just trying to stick to a ROUTINE.

The good thing is that if things get SERIOUS, I make shit happen. I'm trying to take everyday serious now, for my future - not my current bills.
    Yep, me too. I've had a tendency these past few months to think, "Well, I know I SHOULD be doing webcam, but my bf gets paid in a few days and we'll have plenty of cash. So I'll just relax tonight." But I won't have that to rely on anymore! Shit IS gonna get serious, and I'm gonna be a machine.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Smurfette For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by space_cowgirl View Post
    If you're going to do this full-time, I'd recommend forming a business and becoming familiar with all the tax info for your state (if you haven't already). I was really surprised to find out that self-employed people are essentially taxed twice, and here in MI I end up paying over 33% of my income in taxes.

Lame, but better to work for yourself, I say.
    Yeah, we're making an appointment with an accountant to sort everything out. I also opened a tax-free ING savings account to start putting money away so we'll be prepared for whatever may come next April. I'm in Canada so the taxes work a bit differently, but I hope we won't take too big of a hit.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Congratulations! I am about to leave dancing to do camming/clips4sale and never setting foot in a strip club again! Well... maybe as a customer lol!
    On my way to being the Bitch Goddess of your dreams... or nightmares.