+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: iFriends

Thanks

Default iFriends

Looking for a new site for extra income...what can anyone tell me about ifriends? I used to know a girl a few yrs ago that banked on there..but it seems so confusing to me. I just filled out their contracts but the model dashboard is so friggin messed up and confusing lol. Traffic decent? I'd appreciate any info or help!

ps. I did a search but didn't really see much on ifriends, hence my post.

Thanks

Default Re: iFriends

I signed up on ifriends in December and did decent as a newbie for the winter, with another job and school on the side so I wasn't online 6-8 hours like some people. Decent like 3-4 hundred a week doing a couple nights of camming ( maybe 3 nights?)

Summer time slowed down A LOT. Hopefully it will pick up but I dance on the weekends so I'm not too worried about it. They can send you a WebPower fx Visa card to load your funds onto and its SO convenient (when there are funds..haha).

I know the site is confusing and it still is for me, like the FanClub nonsense is so confusing to me. Once you get the basics down, its not that bad. They have a forum to ask questions on just like here though. They have a toll free number you can call them anytime, I always get a live operator and they speak perfect english. I think their offices are located in florida. Anyway, I know its confusing but I got it after a few weeks. Been on there about 7 or 8 months now and have already made 6 grand. Not bad considering I am dancing as well every weekend. Camming is like my other part-time job. Summer time I am making about 2-3 hundred a week camming 2 or 3 days a week. I have the club to work at on the weekends and it gives me a break from sitting on my ass alone in my room, get out and socialize, etc.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to miamia4me For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Check out this post if need to know about the percentage earnings and the chat options can do on ifriends

http://forum.stripperweb.com/showpos...1&postcount=27

5. The Following User Says Thank You to brownsugardoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was going to start an iFriends thread for the same reasons Ashleigh. I just signed up and am going to try it out for the first time Saturday night. The dashboard is pretty confusing I'm going to work on it more tomorrow to get my fan club shit straight. Devon_Santos was raving about it. She pretty much got me interested in signing up. Hopefully she'll have some input.

I see that there is the option to have free chat or have pay chat only, (then private, exclusive). I'm wondering if it's more beneficial to have free chat going?

Are chat rooms set up similar to MFC where everyone is in on the convo or is it more like Streamate where the members can't see each other?

I guess I'm wondering what the similarities are between MFC and iFriends in general, other than tips.

Hope I'm contributing and not thread jacking lol.

Thanks

looking more into ifriends too! would love some more input from ladies who CURRENTLy cam there.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Juliette25 View Post
    I was going to start an iFriends thread for the same reasons Ashleigh. I just signed up and am going to try it out for the first time Saturday night. The dashboard is pretty confusing I'm going to work on it more tomorrow to get my fan club shit straight. Devon_Santos was raving about it. She pretty much got me interested in signing up. Hopefully she'll have some input.

I see that there is the option to have free chat or have pay chat only, (then private, exclusive). I'm wondering if it's more beneficial to have free chat going?

Are chat rooms set up similar to MFC where everyone is in on the convo or is it more like Streamate where the members can't see each other?

I guess I'm wondering what the similarities are between MFC and iFriends in general, other than tips.

Hope I'm contributing and not thread jacking lol.

Free to Private is a great way to build a clientele, but you'll have people staring at you the entire time you are logged in. If you have a ton of archives or are redirecting traffic you can usually avoid it.

Pay chat only- guests can chat with you, but not see you. When a member enters the room they are paying and you can have multiple people paying at the same time - unless the first guy is VIP and takes the private truely private.. Then it's just you and him.

Everyone can see everyone else talk unless you private message them.

iFriends and MFC don't really have anything in common, aside from being cam sites. The traffic is much lower and giving a show in free chat is looked down upon by other hosts. If you are in free chat and want to work tips you can do it for quick flashes, but that will make up a VERY small portion of your income. Most tippers will tip after a show because they enjoyed it, and some probably forget it's even there because it's a fairly new feature. If someone offers to tip for a flash, unless you tell them how much you want 90% of the time they will tip $2 ($1 your share).

Keep in mind the true regulars on this site have been around for almost a decade. A lot of vet hosts consider the site higher class than sites like MFC.

Also realize if you are on another cam site your earnings will be cut to 35% (Non-Exclusive). I don't know how they figure this out, but girls do get caught.

Edit: Just thought I'd add - They have strict rules so make sure you follow them... I've seen so many things on MFC that wouldn't fly on ifriends. Like all these girls that pet their dogs/cats on camera. That is a big NO NO. Read your agreement carefully.
    Last edited by Yuki*; 08-25-2010 at 05:37 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Yuki* For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks so much! It's nice to know a little more about the chat room before I get there. I look forward to logging in this weekend!

Thanks

How the fuck do you upload pictures? I got to it somehow yesterday but can't figure it out now. It's telling me that my profile image library is incomplete. I click on the link that says profile image library, and I takes me page describing g/pg nc-17 r and xxx rated pictures, but I see no where to click edit or upload pics or anything.

Thanks

It seems like a pain in the ass to get all of the documentation in for iFriends. I'm going to the library tomorrow to print out and sign all of the forms, since my home printer is on the fritz. Maybe I'll go ahead and do the documentation for Streamate while I'm there.

RE: being non-exclusive
    How would they know you are on another site if you don't tell them?

Thanks

Good lord I just signed in again and it's like the fucking page to upload pics magically appeared. Now I can get that out of the way. All of the fan club stuff seems way to involved for me as a non-exclusive model though. Anyone on here utilize the fan club feature?

Andygirl I'm not sure how they know you're on other sites but assume that they do know you're not exclusive. I disclosed somwhere on my paperwork other sites I was on. I think somewhere where it asked about my stage name. Not sure at the moment the paperwork isn't in front of me and I'm tired lol.

Featured Member
    Thanks

PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW IFRIENDS WORKS OUT....I have been intrested in this site for a while now just havent gotten around to signing up, and we all know they had some problems for a while. It seems like a great place to work for with their percentage rates and referral rates. I hear a majority of girls using them as a place to refer their own traffic, but I wonder how it may be for those intrested in working on the site full-time? I have not found THAT SITE that suits all of my needs just yet, and I have been camming 5 years now! Of all of the sites that exist ifriends truly seems to have the most options, and I am looking for options. Their payment percentage is fair, you DO NOT HAVE TO WORK IN FREE VIDEO CHAT, CAN ACCEPT PAID MEMBERS ONLY!! Traffic is not so goood BUT

I'd rather have 10 free chatters a day and 2 paid shows

then

1000 free chatters a day and 2 paid shows! Especially if you are working on free live video sites.

Please let me know how this works out for you. I am going to read over the site tonight and do my homework. I have been toggling around the thought of signing up forever, I am very selective and do not sign up with sites that I have no intention of really working on. I have just heard horror stories in the past about this site and have been reluctant to sign up. Glad that the op brought ifriends up. I was going to ask around, but never got around to it!
    I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not. -Kurt Cobain

Featured Member
    Thanks

P.S The exclusivity thing scares me. I see nothing in their terms about being exclusive with ifriends, and nothing about ifriends reducing your percentage rate to 30%(?) if you are found not to be exclusive. This may be a problem for me because I will continue to work on my indy site as well as my other sites. I do not want my percentage to be dropped out of the blue. Can any ifriends veterans elaborate on this?

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 739 Posts

hmm I've only been on ifriends a few months. I find the $ to be pretty good. The day before yesterday I made $400 in 5 hours, but yesterday I only made $225 in that time. So, it averages out. Took me a while to understand all the features and fan club and stuff. I think I get it now, but I haven't made use of all of them! Definitely think it's worth signing up to give it a try - but then I think most of the big sites are worth trying to find your 'fit' Have sent you pm also.

Thanks

Wow I'm not making that much on ifriends! Good for you.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,776 Times in 739 Posts

I don't work every day on ifriends - so I get my regs all at once I'm at no.32 in the top 50 with a little over $820 right now (didn't work Sun or Mon and only 1 hour Tue) so there are plenty doing better than me also

Thanks

wooow its making me wish try it too O_O i checked it out but i dont understeand how do i get paid, they dont manage epassporte right?

Thanks

Hi ladies! Im online on Ifriends about 3 days a week and then I cycle my weekends on MFC. I have a fully loaded fan club that I update weekly with personal photos, candid Iphone pics, and videos. I enjoy the professionalism of Ifriends as well as the way they treat their models and how they actually ''listen'' to us in the forums and value our opinions to make changes to the site. Models can make up to 100% off of their fanclubs if you bring in new members that have ''never'' had an account with Ifriends before. It must be either a credit card that the member hasn't used or a new billing address that is not on file with Ifriends in order for you to receive 100% for that member. I like the steady flow of Ifriends since its been one of the oldest, most successful webcam sites out there so many of its members are dedicated loyal fans of the site and have been with them for years. Yes, there are a few bugs in their software that can allow some sophisticated hackers to view your cam when in private session or not, but thats pretty much any webcam site these days. The traffic of Ifriendsv2.net is NOTHING compared to the traffic of MFC, LJ,Streamate and all others but you can definitely call Ifriends home considering the fact that the success and launch of your Fanclub can bring you in great residual income when you are offline and unavailable. You have alot of control with Ifriends far as the pricing of your cam shows, your Fanclub, your GetCloser phone sessions which is an awesome tool to utilize while in private chat or even for nights when you dont want to cam but just take phone calls from members of your Fanclub. Please keep in mind that in order to have customers ''call you'' and you receive pay, that customer must be a member of your Fanclub. It is also highly advisable that you at least hold one half hour or an hour long show every month to show your Fanclub members appreciation. No worries on doing the show for free because you will make the money right back from your Fanclub earnings. Your pay on Ifriends is weekly with no delays. They do offer expedited pay through WebFX but I DO NOT recommend it since it involves alot of fees associated with this type of payout. I just do checks with Ifriends since they don't offer direct deposit. They also offer a kickback program to models that wish to refer other models. The kickback is only 1% of the models earnings yet its an incredible way for models to make a little extra cash on the side. Ifriends also offers a great ''studio'' system where models can sign up as studios and they will pay your models for you, and add the remaining balance to your chathost account. You can contact them directly for more precise information and confirmation. Every week there are models chosen as TOP chathosts. Most models in this category accumulate almost 3000.00 or more to be elegable for this category. I highly suggest that new models signing up for Ifriends also log into Clickcash.com, which is Ifriends affiliate program and is a place where webmasters associate and discuss marketing plans with one another, log into the sites forum index and post your availibilty for TGP and viral video marketing. New affiliates are always looking for serious models interested in promo work. These affiliates are the ones that will bring you the most traffic and bring paying members into your room that wish to see more of you. I must tell you NOW that if you have any cities or states blocked that YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE for Clickcash promo work. You must be a model that has ''no blocked'' zones. This is just business and affiliates can not afford the risk of missing any sign ups based on a model not being able to do shows in one area. Chargebacks are and can be a problem on Ifriends but also understand that they can be a problem on any webcam site for chargebacks in this industry is ''just the cost of doing business and a risk every model takes''. You have two options: Thats to be exclusive at 50% payout or non-exclusive at 30%-35% payout. DO NOT sign up for exclusive if you are active with various cam sites or they will email you and notify you that you are now being demoted to non-exclusive status. Ifriends does have sophisticated ways of finding this out as they really pay attention to TOP earning models who they rely on to bring them top revenue but TOP or not, don't sign exclusive if Ifriends will not be your only site. Any other questions: Please feel free to post and let me know. You ladies are welcomed and Happy Camming!

Veteran Member DirtyLittleSecret's Avatar
    Thanks

Devon, everything you post is amazing, i just have to say. I learn literally so much from you and i haven't even stepped onto the camming scene yet.
    Since your the guru of this ifriend site, is it a good home for a beginner super newb like me?

Featured Member
    Thanks

Thank you for your very informative post Devon!

I do have a few more questions, I am very glad you touched on the subject of their webfx card. Can one use it like an epassporte card and withdrawl earnings from ANY atm? I know there will be fees associated with this but this is the route I personally would take.

The exclusivity thing scares me a bit, because I would love to reap the benefits of 50% payout, but I am not sure if I would leave the sites I am currently on for IFRIENDS. I do not know if IFRIENDS would bring me enough traffic to work exclusively with ifriends because I do not work with them yet. Can we sign up as non exclusive, but change our status to exclusive in the future? To me it is not worth it to sign up to make 35%....50% on the other hand, definately!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyLittleSecret View Post
    Devon, everything you post is amazing, i just have to say. I learn literally so much from you and i haven't even stepped onto the camming scene yet.
    Since your the guru of this ifriend site, is it a good home for a beginner super newb like me?
    LOL! No guru dear just here to make things easier and less complex. This business is complex enough with sites only dishing out the ''good'' things while masking the ''bad''. So many models never even know that the site they are camming on even has a forum. That's just wrong in my opinion but you must really stay active in this business in order to prosper. Moving along, Ifriends is an incredible starter site for newbie models. Why? Because they actually ''care'' and want to see you make money. They actually have a phone number with live help 24/7 that can help with any technical difficulty or any financial questions regarding your income that you may have. Many sites do not offer such one on one help. So many sites today are becoming more advanced and less concerned. Soon as you sign up for a hosting account, log into the forums and with your given password and scroll through the ''Gripe Board'' to see any recent complaints or problems associated with certain situations concerning the site. This particular thread will fill you in anything you may deem as an issue. I love the forums on Ifriends and I check them weekly so I can know what to watch out for. Stay informed and check your stats after every single show so that you can know that each payment has been cleared. You also have the option to choose a more ''reliable'' payout where every single amount clears and Ifriends takes the risk for the chargeback or you can have the ''risk'' payout where you receive all of your income and only have a 10% reserve deducted from your weekly payouts to cover any chargebacks. I am at ''risk'' payout with 10% deducted from my weekly payout. If there are ''no refunds'' within that 6 month time frame, you will receive all of your 10% deductions back and applied to your weekly payouts. Its confusing in the beginning but you can always contact Ifriends for a better explanation regarding ''chargebacks and reserves''. There is also a ''wealth'' of information posted in the forums there on Ifriends. Use the forums first, then if you cannot find what you are looking for, THEN you should contact them by for clarification.

Thanks

Thank you Devon!! I already signed up for the WebFX card. Shit!! I can cancel it later though once i get the card.

I'm also going to reconsider having blocked areas so I can be available for promo work. I can't block areas on Streamate... so fuck it!

Speaking of which I did a show for a guy that works 10 minutes away from where I live the other day. That was strange.

Thanks

To those that asked, I have epassporte and I use it just like any debit card. Yes you can use it at ANY atm that accepts VISA.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cyberstripper View Post
    Thank you for your very informative post Devon!

I do have a few more questions, I am very glad you touched on the subject of their webfx card. Can one use it like an epassporte card and withdrawl earnings from ANY atm? I know there will be fees associated with this but this is the route I personally would take.

The exclusivity thing scares me a bit, because I would love to reap the benefits of 50% payout, but I am not sure if I would leave the sites I am currently on for IFRIENDS. I do not know if IFRIENDS would bring me enough traffic to work exclusively with ifriends because I do not work with them yet. Can we sign up as non exclusive, but change our status to exclusive in the future? To me it is not worth it to sign up to make 35%....50% on the other hand, definately!
    Yes. The WebFX card can be used as a debit card and is accepted anywhere they accept debit cards. Models have not reported an issue with their card being rejected unless they had insufficient funds. LOL! Yes. You I would recommend any model that cams on various sites to start out at non-exclusive and change your status to exclusive much later as you begin to build your regulars up on the site. Have a schedule and your customers their will be consistent. You can also splitcam with Ifriends and keep your room open until a member decides to take you private. Every member that comes into your room will have a profile. I only cam long shows with members that have been members of the site for many years. Each profile of the customer will feature the previous amounts that he has spent before, the day he signed up, and where he is from, etc. If a member is ''super'' brand new to the site, I recommend that you not spend a whole hour giving this new member a show that could possibly result in a charge back. Clear the member first and make sure that your money is posted before you continue camming for this client. You can always tell a customer nicely ''I need to restart my cam to avoid any tech problems before we start our new session''. I say this to brand new members after 20-30 mins of chatting. Any new member will not mind you doing this at all and he will come right back in as you have asked him to do so. During this time, click to open another window and open up your ''stats'' to see if his amount cleared. If you do not see a (asterisk sign such as this*) then that means the amount ''did not'' clear and you should tell him that you are about sign out. Something came up! DO NOT be mean. Just make an excuse. He will come back some other time. Some credit card amounts take longer to clear than others which is what makes the business of webcamming ''tricky''.

Thanks

Tip: When you sign into Ifriends, always keep 3 windows open. 1# Your chatroom window, #2 Your ''pay-per-minute stats'' window, and #3 your ''category'' window open. You do this to immediately check your money after or while in every show and for you to refresh your ''category'' page to make sure you are connected to the server and that you are ''unlocked'' from private. Many models complain that they are not getting traffic and that the night was slow but that is because...LOL... THEY DID NOT UNLOCK THEIR CHATROOMS AFTER THE LAST PRIVATE SESSION SO MEMBERS COULD NOT COME IN SINCE THEIR ROOM SHOWED ''PRIVATE''. By default, the system will unlock you but I always do mine ''manually'' so that I know ''for sure'' my chatroom is available for the next private. Learn your software and DO NOT rely on it for many webcam sites have bugs. :-)

Thanks

For CS: Let me clear this up, Ifriends changed their agreements 2 years ago and that is, at that time, if you were already an active exclusive chathost that was already camming for various sites when you signed up then you would ''stay'' at exclusive status no matter what. NOW, the new agreements is that new models must either choose ''exclusive'' and cam only on Ifriends and receive 50% of their earnings or cam non-exclusively and receive only 30-35%. So basically, older models can be remain at 50% and cam various sites which is the status that I am on. New models, unfortunately, do not have that option. New models cannot receive 50% while camming on other sites. Models can always change their status to exclusive anytime. You will contact your rep for consultation and they will then evaluate your status for consideration of exclusivity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast