Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Success Stories

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Success Stories

Is there any stripper success stories that you guys can think of? Things that girls have achieved with the money they made from dancing?

I can't think of too many unfortunately which is why I'm asking. I think this can be a good motivational type of thread.

One girl I used to work with saved enough money to open up a coffee stand (this was back in 2004)

Another girl saved enough money in four months to get a boob job, move to san fransisco, and tuition for art school.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Elusive21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,483 Times in 736 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Default Re: Success Stories

-subscribes-

theres one girl in her 30s i knew who really had herself sorted out. she had several degrees and also two property investments and other investments eg. gold.

not much else unfortunately, mainly just girls affording designer shit.

for me it would be a huge success story if i could save some money. thats something i cant manage.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,176 Times in 1,404 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

Bills paid, car paid off, rent always on time, food, clothing, savings....I think that's pretty successful.

Wish I could add something cooler, like OWNING my house or some cool trips or something, but oh well... surviving and not struggling is pretty cool to me.

This is definitely a really cool thread idea!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,631 Times in 1,387 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

^ I'm with you Avery!

6 months ago I moved to a different country, and since have built myself up from nothing with little to NO support (just moral support from my boyfriend). It doesn't sound like much, but I managed to get used to a HUGE new city, apply for my very own apartment all by myself (no co-signers), have nice things (clothes, shoes, etc), pay ALL my bills by myself (!), and BEST of all, I have a savings account! I finally feel like a responsible adult who can look after myself.

It doesn't sound like much, but for me it's HUGE. One year ago I was healing from a spinal fusion surgery and I thought I would never be independent again. Now here I am, all on my own, with a cute little apartment downtown (which I just painted last week! Yay!) that's something I never thought I would have.

Next on the list is 1)more savings and 2)Boobie job then 3) back to school - I love learning.

Edit to add: I love this thread idea, and I can't wait to read from more ladies! I think that this day in age, with the economy being so crumby, and our generation of 20-somethings being known as 'moochers' who live with Mom and Dad as long as possible, just the fact that a young women can support herself and have a comfortable lifestyle is a huge success. There's something big to be said about fiscal responsibility (especially now-a-days). Of course, it's nice to hear about luxuries too!

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to 4everresolutions For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Flirty

When I first started dancing I was doing it in secret becuase I lived with my parents. They hated the idea of me dancing because they had heard all the horror stories. Naturally they figured it out and I was kicked out of the house 2 weeks after my 21st birthday. I was with my now Ex boyfriend. I made enough to get my first apartment ( I was on the streets/couch surfing for two weeks before)

I also took the money I made and put myself through nursing school, an under grad in psychology and to get out of my past abusive relationship (Ex I spoke of earlier)

I currently am happily married, have a job I love doing, a flexiable schedule and have most of my bills paid on time every month. I also took the money I made in one night ( my best night ever) and bought my car. We have also purchased my husband's truck and his other car as well.

I am currently in the process of saving up for a downpayment on a home and a new bed for christmas. While this is my most likely lifetime profession ( I find I am more sucessful now at 27 than I was when I started at 19) I enjoy it and plan to be a sucess!

If you do this job sober and clean, maintain a schedule and get into the zone each night you can prove all the sterotypes wrong!!

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to XAnastasiaX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,002 Times in 1,283 Posts

My first new car, 2 college degrees, & home were all paid for with money from dancing.
    Don't you ever sleep?
    Not at night...that's when the stars have rather better things to do. They're coming out, shining, that sort of thing.
    - Blog -
    My PM box fills up quick. If you have a question please with your username.
    Congrats to Pryce on doing some much needed tending in his garden!
    - -

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Kylea2 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

i completely forgot to mention my own story, although im not sure if it's that successful or not:

put myself through college completely debt free

brand new car worth $28,000. almost paid off. i only owe a couple of grand on it.

expensive trips, extensions, over $12,000 for dental expenses, boob job

i've still got a long way to go: gotta save $10,000 for emergencies, pay off credit card debt, and then theres graduate school.

KYLEA: your home is completely paid off? if so, that is so fucking impressive!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elusive21 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,989 Times in 823 Posts

I paid for my college degree, BSc. in accounting, passed the CPA. And I saved enough dancing to make the down payment on my first house.

Z

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zofia For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Paid for school, bills on time and HEALTH INSURANCE. that's like a really big deal to me cause i never am stressed about going to the dr.

also, i was able to invest in my costuming buisness and really, really grow it in the time i've been dancing, by this time next year i expect to be retired from dancing, and sewing full time. YAY!!
    Quote Originally Posted by MarvelGirl View Post
    Sucking dick should pay really, really, really, really well. If you are not living well and you suck dick for a living, you're doing it wrong.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Surprise For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,566 Times in 4,386 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    In Love

Got away from my abusive ex husband. I was able to go into work and make the money for a new apartment. I have been able to travel and meet new people. I was able to kick my cocaine habit because I had so many wonderful friends.

Also I pay for all my shit on my own. I'm not strung out on meth or locked up in the pinta like my sisters.

My biggest success is Chris. I would never have found the love of my life if I had been tethered to a 9-5 in Albuquerque.

Historically speaking there are a few success stories. The Empress Theodora worked as a burlesque dancer before she married Justinian. Anna Nicole Smith (somewhat dubious -_-) Diablo Cody to name a few.
    "Fake tits are like Kevlar. They don't guarantee your chances of survival but they sure as hell improve it."
    Tempest

Thanks

In 2008 I danced for 3 months (Sept - Dec), made $15k, and took that money to go live in Europe (Prague specifically) & Japan (Tokyo). I lived overseas from Jan - August of last year. Of course I also taught English and acted/modeled for extra income, but the bulk of my expenses were paid for via my dancing $$$.

I NEVER could have done all of this if I hadn't followed my instincts and given dancing a try. I'm really proud to tell this story to people who ask. I feel like it's a stripper success story!

I'm currently back at dancing because I plan on moving to Los Angeles this January. At the rate I'm going, I should be able to save $1k per week for the next 2 months. Not bad!

I'm making my dreams come true and feel so lucky that I have the opportunity to dance at all...

19. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to achickonspeed For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, I don't know how many of you will consider this "success" as it isnt really all about saving and buying things......I am 45years old, was married for 10years living in LA, had two kids and stayed home and didnt work outside the home all that time. When I got divorced I almost downed a bottle of pills but instead headed to Vegas to look for work in the clubs.....this was 2005. At first I was able to keep an apartment in LA, one of the MOST expensive cities to live in in the country, work weekends and travel back and forth to be there to pick up my kids from school and still b a "real" mom. I didnt marry a wealthy guy and have no family in either state......only the ex all those years, and still, to depend on. The divorce left me with nothing except a BMW which eventually when the economy came down I had to get rid of. I have since given my apartment in LA to the ex and kids but still travel back and forth. Even though now making a 3rd of when I started out I still count my blessings that in this economy, with no education and no other real options I am just barley getting by, but to me I still think its better than working 3 jobs for $10 hr .....or collecting unemployment or welfare, myself and kids deserve a better life than that!

21. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midlifeadventure For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I paid for a second college degree. I put 20% down on a great house and have no other debt.

I have traveled and stripped in Australia and Spain.

I have a lot of savings and work with a Financial Advisor.

I am the most financially secure person out of my peers.

Where I work there are a LOT of extras. I am a pretty clean dancer. I may not be the top earner, but I come out on top. I do not blow my money. I save it for when I am old. I never live day to day. I have great health insurance and am able to cover dental work without worrying.

I'm 32 and tend to focus on the negative (I wish I had kids). This tread is a good reminder.....

Just booked a week vacay with the distance boyfriend in Miami to run the Miami Marathon. Life IS good. Thanks for the reminder.

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to shasta For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,007 Times in 902 Posts

I got rid of all my debt from back when my ex boyfriend stole all my money and ruined my credit. I can happily say I don't owe anyone any money. Not as impressive as opening my own business or buying a mansion free and clear, but I'm pretty damn happy with it.

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to firemaiden04 For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

I know a girl that opened up her own dance studio, and its a roaring success. She still works at the club but she employs dance teachers and teaches pole classes herself during the day.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

I bought a beautiful new house from the money I've saved from dancing for a few years! yeeeha. Stripping has afforded me a better lifestyle, vacations, free time, healthier food, and much better sleep. When I was poor I was all about the designer shit now I could care less. All I do is save money.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to femmefatale88 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Inspired

I had a degree when I started dancing, but dancing afforded me to get another one, I have had two new cars, was able to travel extensively to other countries, it afforded me the freedom to pursue a job in the entertainment industry and live in a nice part of So. Cali, I have health insurance, my debts are all payed off, married a wonderful man and I'm learning how to do the death lay:-)
    http://doriengrais.blogspot.com/-Senior Citizen Stripper
    (Check out my blogs on stripperweb:-)

30. The Following User Says Thank You to Dorien For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This is actually pretty cool success story:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHB1Q...eature=related

Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

I heard from the manager this one girl at my club bought a house.

Thanks

It sounds really meagre but i am able to actually save money. And being able to save (for me) is a personal success, as i have never had the means to do it before dancing. I have worked three nights this week and tomorrow im going to the bank and depositing (converted to $ from ) about $1200 (and it was a very slow weekend). I can pay my rent and my bills. Before dancing i was living off about $400 a month everything had to come out of that. I had nothing and could afford the very very very basics. I still live extremely cheaply, but its nice to know that i can put aside rainy day money.
    ''I love fake boobs''
    ''They're not fake! I grew them myself!''

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GlitterBexie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GlitterBexie View Post
    It sounds really meagre but i am able to actually save money. And being able to save (for me) is a personal success, as i have never had the means to do it before dancing. I have worked three nights this week and tomorrow im going to the bank and depositing (converted to $ from ) about $1200 (and it was a very slow weekend). I can pay my rent and my bills. Before dancing i was living off about $400 a month everything had to come out of that. I had nothing and could afford the very very very basics. I still live extremely cheaply, but its nice to know that i can put aside rainy day money.
    That sounds so amazing to me. It will be a big success if I can do that soon.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to velocixo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by velocixo View Post
    That sounds so amazing to me. It will be a big success if I can do that soon.
    you sooo can do it! If I can, anyone can! I keep what i make very quiet usually and dont even tell my SO (there is no need for him to know!) But honestly, it is the best feeling in the world. I would love to have saved about 5K in the next couple of months just to have, sat there. And then when ive got that 10K, it has never been within my reach to be able to save before and i feel so lucky to be able to do it now. Success is relative to the individual and personal success for me, is so much more important than what others may consider successful. I have never wanted the big house or the flashy cars, im really boring lol, i just want to be able to have it sat there, as a nest egg for the future,
    ''I love fake boobs''
    ''They're not fake! I grew them myself!''

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GlitterBexie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

These success stories are making me so excited! I cant wait to start. Lol im not into all that flashy stuff either GlitterBexie im boring to. I just want to be secure and happy and not have to be constantly worrying about money and where im going to live or how im going to get by.

40. The Following User Says Thank You to velocixo For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I saved money from dancing to open food truck that was very successful. I have been super lucky in so many ways.

42. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to VannaV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,563 Times in 4,646 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cynical

As many of you know, I was a 'latecomer' to dancing. I struggled to get a Respiratory Therapy degree right out of high school, while working at menial jobs. I then worked as an RT for several years in NY and NJ. End result of all that was barely making rent, barely staying ahead of car payments, saddled with debts left over from a broken marriage, no hope of sending my son to a good college, working nights / weekends / holidays etc. I then caught TB from a hospital patient I treated and would up being 'sidelined' for several months ... with living on disability payments forcing me to consume my meager savings and sending me further and further behind economically speaking.

About this time, a new strip club opened up near where I lived, and I decided to give exotic dancing a try. Turned out I was very good at it. I used my dancing earnings to not only get caught up economically speaking, but to 'invest in myself' i.e. several sets of breast implants. This led to feature dancing, magazine and video appearances, my own pay website, etc. providing substantial income ... which I diligently saved and learned to invest. It also allowed me to purchase my grandmother's house in upstate NY ( in cash ), a nice car, etc.

By the time I decided to retire during the 2008-9 economic downturn, I had saved and invested to the point of having built up a nest egg that was able to provide enough passive income for me to never work again for the rest of my life if I didn't want to. I moved way south of the border for the warm weather, the lower cost of living and the much lower tax rates. I also am sending my son to a 'name' college.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast