+ Reply to Thread

Thread: can someone explain alertpay

Thanks

Default can someone explain alertpay

Can someone just dumb down alertpay to me?

It be nice to have for indy camming, selling stuff and what not for people who dont like giving me money through the camsites.

Also is chargebacks an issue with these? and is it allowed for "adult entertainment payments"

it would be nice to get nearlly 100% of the money haha, just a thought.

Ive read through the site, what is best to get? a personal account?
    I'm in the UK if that helps, So how do they verify me.

Anyone had any problems with them?

jess xxxxx

ty in advance

Thanks
    Thanked 10,926 Times in 1,928 Posts
    My Mood
    Hungover

Default Re: can someone explain alertpay

A few of us have written about alertpay but the threads might be buried:

AlertPay business account + some people's problems with it:
    http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...light=alertpay

AlertPay & percentages taken out:
    http://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sho...light=alertpay

They verify by your website if you have a business account, don't know about other methods. I use a business account so my stage name is all the customer gets.

-They process multiple currencies

-I haven't had a charge back with it before, but I don't use it daily and with not with customers I'm not familiar with. Not sure if charge backs are a big issue with it, but AlertPay will ask for your refund policy when you business verify. They probably keep it on file for customers who contest charges to see if it applies, so it is best to have a very strict one.

-if you're doing adult transactions, best to tell them upfront, however:

-they are particular about adult transactions AND business accounts. Website reviews are mandatory for business accounts, they will take a few days and will may give you a vague reason if your website is not approved. Best to follow standard adult website best practices (2257 notice, explicit descriptions of what you provide, adult content warnings, send them a solid refund policy, etc). Even after you are approved they will continue to check your site regularly. Some people have had too many problems with the website review process to continue with them - particularly as they aren't terribly transparent about what won't get approved from my experience.
    Verified as a camgirl, bb

10 Reasons to Decriminalize Sex Work

Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    So how many stumps can you fit in your pussy?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,908 Times in 689 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Roast I have pm'd you :-) xx

Thanks

Actually, you only have to get your website reviewed and approved IF you plan to accept payments through your website (ie, payment buttons or shopping cart). If you just have people send you payments through a business account, you can simply verify your business account and do the transactions via email. You could just post a contact form on your website for bookings, then email a payment request when someone requests a show.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

^Thanks for clarifying that SupaByoch. Appreciate it. Itll probably help more people in the long run since everything Ive been saying overly complicated/only focuses on those with payment buttons.

Added to include the snippet from alertpay.com:

"Only complete the Website Review process if you are selling goods and services online or accepting donations through your website. Website Review is not necessary if you only want to receive credit card payments through Send Money. "

What they also say about the website review process:

"All AlertPay sellers with a Personal Pro or Business account must complete the Website Review process to guarantee that their website is legitimate and trustworthy.

Website Review will also decrease the possibility of chargebacks as buyers will know that they are purchasing from reliable sellers."

However, as SupaByoch said, you can still be a business account and NOT do the website review process. I did not do this since I am a glutton for punishment (aka use buttons) but have had my site denied, approved, denied, then approved again.
    Last edited by roast; 12-02-2010 at 11:29 AM. Reason: added notes from alertpay.com's TOS

7. The Following User Says Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh, trust me I learned it the hard way too LOL! I went through the whole website review process and was denied because "they don't service my type of site" even though I know several other girls with EXACTLY my type of site using alertpay buttons. I finally took note of the little message in their "add website" page that says 'ONLY do this if you plan to accept payments through your website'.

The email thing works just fine

Thanks
    My Mood
    Angelic

So for alert pay can we use the buttons even though they didnt verify our website for using them.. but as well, signed up business account with offering adult service.

Thanks

im not very good at these things, ill give it a miss for now >< haha, thank you for the fast responces tho

Jess xxxxx

Thanks
    Thanked 7,675 Times in 2,387 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by starrgirl81 View Post
    So for alert pay can we use the buttons even though they didnt verify our website for using them.. but as well, signed up business account with offering adult service.
    Nope.

You have to use the payment request, no buttons allowed.

(but I find it works just fine that way, and I don't have to deal with giving refunds for idiots who click buttons but didn't find out if I was actually available at the time they want).

12. The Following User Says Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

^Right. No website payment buttons if you don't pass website review. Just email a payment request when someone contacts you for a show. I think it's less hassle that way anyway - guy uses the contact form on your site to request a booking, you email him payment request, he pays, you do show. You can email him another payment request to extend time, etc.

But if you don't pass website review and add payment buttons to your site, that can get your account suspended, so don't do it! Just use the emailed payment requests on a business account for privacy.

Thanks

so you can use the requests even if your site aint what they want to hav their buttons on? thats interesting, and easier to know too, plus then your only gettin customers who actually want to pay for a show too? hmmmm, im interested again now >< lol, ive just been tryin to spread myself over the net, so far i have done so, but not actually worked on anythin ive put myself on yet >< haha.

jess xxxxx

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

If people get approved for buttons using them for static services like videos, images, or tributes makes your refund policy less of a hassle.

But buttons in general are a hassle if you don't have a ton of content to sell (raises hand), when I get more Ill probably just get a dedicated IP/SSL and switch to Zen Cart

DominoDiva, ignore my posts and this thread will be more encouraging!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DominoDiva View Post
    so you can use the requests even if your site aint what they want to hav their buttons on? thats interesting, and easier to know too, plus then your only gettin customers who actually want to pay for a show too? hmmmm, im interested again now >< lol, ive just been tryin to spread myself over the net, so far i have done so, but not actually worked on anythin ive put myself on yet >< haha.

jess xxxxx
    Yes ma'am. I have a business account as a sole proprietor for privacy (no one sees my name just my biz name) and I only had to verify an email address, phone number, bank account and credit/debit card.

FYI in the business account verification process they ask for corporate tax documents, but if you are a sole proprietor you don't have to send that. It can be a little confusing, but the way to skip that is to go into the "become verified" section, select "corporate documents" and NEXT, select "sole proprietor" then select "I do not have any tax/registration documents" and NEXT, then "finish".

I do have a referral link on my site to sign up for alertpay for the referral commission, but no payment buttons. Works fine.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,134 Times in 452 Posts

Sorry to necro this thread, but am I to understand that in order for a potential customer to send funds he must sign up for an AlertPay account anyway?

Thanks

Bump?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

I have a certified business account and it STILL says i dont accept credit cards , so wtf is the point of having a business account if I have to spend time sending Payment requests, thats not my style and takes up time for me personally.

Real but Fake payment button link :

https://www.alertpay.com/checkout?CD...dlbGd2eXRjdGUE

Thanks

^Apparently your site wasn't approved to accept website payments, or it was un-approved. The buttons will only work if your WEBSITE is approved, not just your business account.

A customer is NOT required to have an account to pay an invoice which you send him via email. Log into your alertpay account, click "send money", click "create invoice" in upper left, fill in form, send. Custy can pay with credit card and does not need to sign up for anything.

Exception: the same person is only allowed to pay invoices for you 3 times before creating an account, so if it is a regular, he's going to have to sign up at some point, but all those random one-offers can just use the invoice method.

tessarubyxoxo: somehow i ended up on SW's homepage.... then i clicked on "forums." & i was in fucking narnia.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

so your saying I have a verfied account but an unapproved website right?

cause if thats so, then im sure I can fix that with customer supprt.

thx for your help

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SupaByoch View Post

A customer is NOT required to have an account to pay an invoice which you send him via email. Log into your alertpay account, click "send money", click "create invoice" in upper left, fill in form, send. Custy can pay with credit card and does not need to sign up for anything.

Exception: the same person is only allowed to pay invoices for you 3 times before creating an account, so if it is a regular, he's going to have to sign up at some point, but all those random one-offers can just use the invoice method.
    Good to know. Merci beaucoup.

+ Reply to Thread