Thread: Recurring Dreams- can anyone interpret for me?

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Recurring Dreams- can anyone interpret for me?

deleted
    Last edited by Nuclear Martini; 01-20-2022 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks

Default Re: Recurring Dreams- can anyone interpret for me?

Do you think it could be your subconscious trying to deal with residual regrets you might have about ending the relationship? Or perhaps your subconscious trying to relive the positive aspects of your relationship without being able to express it correctly to your conscious mind?

The subconscious mind is unbelievably powerful, and has been in constant development since we lived in the trees. it is however, not always rational. Our conscious logical minds have only been in true development for a relatively short period of time, and is thus only like v.1.0.2. So we have this powerful mind that is responsible for probably 95% of our behavior, but is often irrational and uncontrolled.

Dreams are a message from that super powerful part of us that often make no sense to the weaker, more logical parts of our minds. I'm sorry you're suffering, but maybe it might not make sense to try to attach too much significance to this message in a bottle that your subconscious has floated onto your conscious shores? Especially when you yourself realize that you two were basically incompatible except on a physical level?

Featured Member
    Thanks

deleted
    Last edited by Nuclear Martini; 01-20-2022 at 04:09 AM.

Thanks

I'm not a big believer in the "subconscious mind" in the sense of an independently processing and remembering entity below your level of awareness, almost like another person inside you. There is literally no rigorous evidence to support that conception, and from what I've seen it's also not particularly useful therapeutically. That being said, I do think that recurring dreams are important because they highlight especially intense or frequent emotional associations that you may avoid thinking about because of the conflicts they inspire.

Because I believe they deal with basic and common emotions, I also don't think that they are usually terribly difficult to interpret. In your case, it sounds like you enjoyed some aspects of being with your ex, or perhaps just with being with someone in general, and you miss them now that you are alone. You'd like to be able to have those things again, and that desire shapes your dreams.
    Last edited by Hockogrocle; 02-15-2011 at 04:28 PM.

Thanks

Believe me, I know how that feels. Sometimes it's like all the light gets sucked out of your life. But the weird thing is, that light always seems to come back eventually.

The power of dreams is significant----empires have been won and lost over them. But I truly question whether our subconscious and conscious minds even speak the same symbolic language? I really think it's part of your vast mind trying to chew up and process some information, and your conscious not being able to fully digest what is passed on.

Things will all make sense eventually, they usually do in hindsight...