+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why cant i get hired?

Thanks

Default Why cant i get hired?

Ok,so i live in columbia, south carolina, and we have a few strip clubs, nothin to brag on though. I have gone in to try to get hired at heartbreakers, platinum plus, thee whiskey tavern (had an audition here one night), crush, and chateau. They all gave various different reasons why they would not hire me. (I havent danced before so no experiance but i gotta start somewhere ya know?) Either "we're full right now" or "we want someone with more experiance." I keep tryin but i'm staring to get discouraged. What am i doin wrong? Has anyone else ever worked at these clubs?
    She didn't get this far by just shakin' hands...

Thanks
    Thanked 4,155 Times in 1,834 Posts

Default Re: Why cant i get hired?

Without knowing what you look like, it's hard to say. A lot of clubs are picky about the girls they hire, but it's a little surprising that not one out of the five you went to would hire you, even just for day shift. February is a slow month, so they legitimately COULD be full as there are often more girls than customers lately across the board. Maybe work on your look and try again in a few weeks?

Thanks

I'm kinda short 5'2" and 135 lbs blonde. I dont think i'm bad looking but i'm not spectacular. I keep trying back every couple days. But it's always the same. No luck at all. I was all excited and stuff too. Now i'm just kinda bummed. Not giving up though. I've invested too much time and effort and money already.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

why dont you drive a little further to another club thats in a city close by
    slut it out responsibly and don't forget to smile while you're whoring out!!

Glitter is like herpes that shit never goes away!

Nothing has turned out the way I planned.

And I am thankful for every minute of it!

Thanks

IDK. I've worked there at Platinum and Trophy Club. What about that private club that is small? I think Nepalese or something like that. From what I heard and saw its mostly regulars but the new customers get ignored by the house girls so that should be a bonus for a newbie. Try Columbia if Greenville isn't working for you. There used to be a lot of $ in Greenville though. Maybe polish yourself up, dancing skills and looks wise and try again or do amateur nite.
    Thank Goodness I smartened up! The old me is dead and gone.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,698 Times in 1,124 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

You may be a bit doughy and in need of slimming down some. Even with big boobs, at 5' 2" 135lbs is pretty thick. It's sooo competitive right now that you want to be as lean as possible. Once you get in and have regulars there's a little more breathing room. Also, you want to do your hair and pick costumes just as the girls are wearing. Don't do anything too different. If they are wearing curls, go for the curls, if they like short skirts, go for a skirt costume.
    Quote Originally Posted by simone87 View Post
    " the world is not going to be fair. the universe is under no obligation to make sense to you. you are not owed anything. so pick yourself up, be grateful it wasn't worse, and take what you want because life isn't going to just give it to you".

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Optimist For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,080 Times in 1,912 Posts
    My Mood
    Brooding

^^^that. I'm 5' and I consider 125 pounds on me "too fat to dance". It's not that it's fat for a normal person... just too big for a dancer. I'd drop about 15 pounds, work on my dance skills (if they're commenting that you seem inexperienced) and try again.
    I hope that doesn't sound insulting. I don't mean it to be. <3

Also... consider what you're wearing. Two-piece sets can be less flattering than a short dress, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by camille27 View Post
    i am losing my fucking mind and i really just want this chloroform dream because i think that would just get me right with jesus.

Thanks

There are 2 reasons why a girl would consistently have a hard time getting hired.

1. She is too chubby
    2. She is black

The second sucks and there is not much you can do about it. Lots of clubs only hire x amount of black dancers.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lacy Luck For This Useful Post:

Featured Member Nuclear Martini's Avatar
    Thanks

May I suggest starting a cardio regimen or joining a gym. Also, to give you a leg up on the competition, get your make-up done professionally at Mac before you go audition. You will have to buy a product or 2, but the better you look, the better your chances. Its a cut throat biz.

~Some try to tell me
    Thoughts they cannot defend,
    Just what you want to be
    You will be in the end ~

Thanks

thanks for all the suggestions. i am a member at golds gym and run as well as do yoga and water aerobics. I'll try a tan and toning my tummy. How am i supposed to improve my dancing though? And idk when i should really try again. Are there any other ways to get in better dancing shape or gain some more experiance?

danced in western USA, hanging heels up for a bit
    Thanks

I'd personally work at a dive even if it's a drive ( and have ).

Thanks

I thought Thee Whiskey Tavern was a regular bar? That place is a dump anyways-I wouldn't want to work there. Don't feel bad-Columbia is weird. Platinum Plus hired me, but Crush and Heartbreakers didn't and I know it wasn't because of my looks-I was in perfect shape when I applied there. I think most clubs there just have too many girls. Did you try Mr. Lucky's? I heard it's a dump, but you can make good money if you're at least semi attractive because most of the girls there aren't very good looking.

Thanks

I didnt try mr. lucky's. Thee whiskey tavern did used to be a regular bar, and they just recently turned it into a private gentleman's club. It's actually kinda nice (SMALL) on the inside, and all the girls i met there are really nice. I just thought that i'd like working for platinum or heartbreakers better, cause more people go there. And it's busier on weekends. And also thee whiskey tavern is a bit creepy cause it's located in freaking motel. You know how some motels have bars in them? This motel sold there bar space i guess. And that's where thee whiskey tavern is. You actually have to park in motel parking lot. and walk through a motel. yeah.

Thanks

maybe. that is why i went to platinum and heartbreakers. but still no luck there.

Thanks

If you dont mind driving an hour and a half to Greenville: Nepals will hire you if your tummy isnt too soft. Trophy club will probably hire you on the spot. There is also a Platinum Plus here but its an extras club.
    The worst they can say is no.

Thanks

I might try nepals.

Thanks

I would say for the next few weeks just work on your weight and polishing your look if you want to get your foot in the door. For me the hardest part of loosing weight is the first bit, so I normally start by using Slim Fast, and going to the gym 5 times/week. Also if you've had problems getting hired then next time when you go to the clubs make sure you have your makeup done, hair styled and wearing heels (so the manager can picture you working in the club). If you need tips with makeup I would suggest going to the Bobbi Brown counter as they are a great place to start. With weight loss and a more glam look you shouldn't have a problem getting hired!

Thanks

thnks i am working on the weight.

Thanks

It's kinda hard to see the pic, but if that's you in your avatar, you look good. However, SC clubs can be picky about weight and a lot of them have too many girls already, so you have a good chance of getting turned away if you're not super skinny. I got told to lose weight at a Myrtle Beach club when I was 5'4" and 120 lbs, and I thought I looked pretty thin at that weight LOL. Just watch what you eat and hit the gym hard, and keep trying back once a month or so. Maybe you'll get a different manager who is not so picky either.

The dude who hired me at Platinum's name was Lindsey I think? He was pretty nice-didn't make me audition or anything. Only things I didn't like about Platinum were some of the girls were really catty, and even though I said I didn't want to go on stage (it's optional there), sometimes a bouncer would approach me while I was talking to a customer and ask me to dance on one of the side stages anyway. That irked me.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,313 Times in 790 Posts

^ Were the hell in M.B. did you get turned down?

Thanks

you need to invest in some really good dancing shoes. think about it if you get a 7 inch shoe then you dont really need to work on weight .. just get tan, stay healthy and be toned... also a tip if you get the tall shoes ..that i highly reccomend you get..practice dancing in them, or walking around your house in them if you can to get a feel for how it will be so your not tripping over yourself in the club or on stage. that def makes you look like a newbie! remember.. fake it til you make it!!!
    " Who are you to judge the life I lead. I am not perfect and i do not live to be. before you start pointing fingers, be sure your hands are clean."

Bob Marley <3

Thanks
    Thanked 7,257 Times in 1,930 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy
    Blog Entries

The weight may be your issue...I'm 5'2" and 125 and I'm definitely on the big side for a dancer (note - only for a dancer! in normal terms you are an absolutely FINE weight! I don't want anyone feeling "fat" or getting body issues!!). It may also have to do with where you store your weight - bit thighs but a small tummy and bigger boobs is a lot easier to pull off than small boobs and a bigger tummy. Make sure that you are finding costumes that really suit your figure - I usually wear corsets because I really don't like my stomach.

I would also wonder how exactly you are approaching the clubs? Some clubs I've worked at had open auditions every month, some wanted you to do an amateur night first, and some just worked by walking in and asking. If you are just walking in, make sure you look like the stereotype of a "stripper" - hair, makeup, sexy street clothes etc. And an amateur night would be a great way to build up experience and get the manager to notice you.

Also - in terms of getting better at your actual dancing - what do you do at the moment? Taking a pole class would be a good idea, if you have no pole skills. If nothing else, it will help you feel more confident on the pole! Watch other girls as well - go in to a club as a customer and really watch the stage show - not just as a "wow, she's so good!" but look at what proportion she spends on pole/floor/standing moves, how fast she takes clothes off, what specific moves she is doing that look easy. Try to put some moves together at home in front of a mirror to find out what moves look flattering on you.

Good luck!!
    I take cash, debit or credit. I just don't take shit.

Follow me on twitter! @MooreScarlett
    www.scarlettmoore.cammodels.com
    Hear me ramble about random things: www.themagdaleneperspective.blogspot.ca

Thanks
    Thanked 3,946 Times in 2,475 Posts

I have a feeling it's the weight. In normal life it's not big but huge in dancing. I remember being told I was too heavy at 5'7 and 140 pounds and that is taller than you. Many clubs want very slender or at least toned.

Thanks

You were wondering about learning moves. I have only been dancing for about a month. Before I auditioned I bought my 7" shoes, watched lots of youtube videos and danced around my room. It was a big help and made me feel a little more comfortable starting out. You can find lots of videos that break down moves for you. Good luck!! I'm sure you'll figure it out.

Thanks

Thanks for all that! I will hit the gym harder and invest in some giant shoes for sure!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast