Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big military cities?

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 1,619 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Default Re: Big military cities?

I wonder if the OP ever got her Marine. And how well adjusted she became to the taste of crayons whenever she kissed him.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,564 Times in 2,478 Posts

Why would anyone deliberately want to date a marine? It’s an awful lifestyle. They’re gone all the time. Not to mention the pay is shit. Then add on the stereotype of military men dating strippers and the whole base knowing you do that and all the wives hating you. And only
    Making money on the weekend of the first and fifteenth. (I know this thread is ten years old- just saying).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to arielbriel For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Yeah, I'm aware this is an old thread just wanted to warn strippers that are struggling that even the military bases are fucked up too. So going to a military town isn't gonna help really during these times.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to random stripper For This Useful Post:

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,906 Times in 1,619 Posts
    My Mood
    Cynical

Quote Originally Posted by arielbriel View Post
    Why would anyone deliberately want to date a marine? It’s an awful lifestyle. They’re gone all the time. Not to mention the pay is shit. Then add on the stereotype of military men dating strippers and the whole base knowing you do that and all the wives hating you. And only
    Making money on the weekend of the first and fifteenth. (I know this thread is ten years old- just saying).
    That’s all relative. I know women married to SMS who don’t deploy regularly or at all. One I know is married to a drone pilot, so he makes commissioned officer pay and goes everywhere without actually going anywhere.

The sort known as “dependas” tend to be in it for the benefits, GI Bill, and housing. Personally, I wouldn’t get involved with anyone in the military. I’ve heard some stories, saw a couple people get ‘Dear John’ letters (one of which resulted in a suicide), and it’s a serious strain on relationships, as the military is just all about getting in everyone’s business which they can. And it’s really just absurd. For example, I have a house. If I were to marry a SM who used this as his address and he received BAH, then his chain of command could come and inspect the house, the same as they do a barracks inspection. Even though I had already purchased it before. No fucking way would I be having that. But, if you were a fry cook at Wendy’s and living in a double wide, it would probably be a step up.

As for the wives, I absolutely hated dealing with them. They constantly acted like they carried their husbands’ rank, and they’re sanctimonious as fuck… they might hate whoever worked in whichever industry, yet on-post clubs take on a certain reputation during deployments. I hate an AT at Fort Drum (as well as having had a roommate who’d been stationed there and knowing a number of others who had and who verified this claim), they had two clubs on post - Spinners and Pennants. Whenever a unit deployed, they became known as “Spouses” and “Dependents”. And they absolutely love to preach about how they do this, that, and whatever while they often just sit on their asses at home all day (though of course this isn’t universally true… there are career women also). Not too long ago, I had to pick up two cars out of Fayetteville to go to Copart, and one was an Army wife. She began prattling on about her “service” (meanwhile, I’m a veteran and a Purple Heart recipient). Seriously had to bite my tongue on that one.
    Life asked Death, “Death, why do people love me but hate you?”

Death responded, “Because you are a beautiful lie… and I am a painful truth”

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to AChildOfBoredom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Thank you for clearing this up, AChildOfBoredom.
    Quote Originally Posted by AChildOfBoredom View Post
    That’s all relative. I know women married to SMS who don’t deploy regularly or at all. One I know is married to a drone pilot, so he makes commissioned officer pay and goes everywhere without actually going anywhere.

The sort known as “dependas” tend to be in it for the benefits, GI Bill, and housing. Personally, I wouldn’t get involved with anyone in the military. I’ve heard some stories, saw a couple people get ‘Dear John’ letters (one of which resulted in a suicide), and it’s a serious strain on relationships, as the military is just all about getting in everyone’s business which they can. And it’s really just absurd. For example, I have a house. If I were to marry a SM who used this as his address and he received BAH, then his chain of command could come and inspect the house, the same as they do a barracks inspection. Even though I had already purchased it before. No fucking way would I be having that. But, if you were a fry cook at Wendy’s and living in a double wide, it would probably be a step up.

As for the wives, I absolutely hated dealing with them. They constantly acted like they carried their husbands’ rank, and they’re sanctimonious as fuck… they might hate whoever worked in whichever industry, yet on-post clubs take on a certain reputation during deployments. I hate an AT at Fort Drum (as well as having had a roommate who’d been stationed there and knowing a number of others who had and who verified this claim), they had two clubs on post - Spinners and Pennants. Whenever a unit deployed, they became known as “Spouses” and “Dependents”. And they absolutely love to preach about how they do this, that, and whatever while they often just sit on their asses at home all day (though of course this isn’t universally true… there are career women also). Not too long ago, I had to pick up two cars out of Fayetteville to go to Copart, and one was an Army wife. She began prattling on about her “service” (meanwhile, I’m a veteran and a Purple Heart recipient). Seriously had to bite my tongue on that one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12