Thread: Group Rates vs. Private Rates

Thanks

Default Group Rates vs. Private Rates

What's the spread between your group rates and private rates?

My group rate is only a little less than my private rate, mainly because I'm not enthusiastic about the whole group thing and want to encourage privates. But I'm noticing - on AW, at least - that a lot of people have their group rate set at about half their private rate. So I'm starting to wonder if I'm missing out. I can see the hypothetical advantage of group: if you get a lot of guys in your room, then you make more money per minute. But then you also get a lot of competing egos, weird jealousy situations, and the extreme likelihood that you're going to end up pissing somebody off for not giving him enough attention. Plus, there's always those guys who pay for group thinking they're just getting a cheap private.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,120 Times in 833 Posts

Default Re: Group Rates vs. Private Rates

Quote Originally Posted by nocturne View Post
    Plus, there's always those guys who pay for group thinking they're just getting a cheap private.
    I have this ALL the time I get really annoyed with having to tell guys that they are not the only person there and no I won't stand on my head, show my feet and fuck my pussy while viewing seven webcams all at one time.

I actually change my group rate depending on whether I feel like doing groups or not, basically for the reasons you said. At busy hours when I know that I'm likely to get a few people in group at one time I lower my group rate to 1.29 or even 1.19 sometimes and up my private chat rate because I earn more doing group with a few guys than if I were doing privates. When times are slower and it is just one guy I lower my private and increase my group so that they are fairly close together so that guys tend to just go private.
    Quote Originally Posted by HaydenBlue View Post
    Somebody call the WAHHHHmbulance.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 796 Posts

I've been wondering about this for SM . I currently have my group and private about .90 cents apart. I'd much rather do privates though because it annoys the heck out of me when someone is too cheap to go private and he chooses the group (premium) mode for his kinky fetish that may not appeal to the other viewers. Although every now and then, some of the other guys do want to stay and watch that. Honestly, I find that even if I'm doing a group masturbation show, I get guys jumping in and out under the 30 seconds, so it's really hard to tell what works best.

Thanks

Considering all of the above: my group rates are set close to $1.00 higher than my private rates...

Featured Member
    Thanks

my private rate on SM is two dollars less than exclusive. I prefer to do privates than exclusive really

Thanks
    Thanked 9,938 Times in 1,856 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by kittykrane View Post
    I've been wondering about this for SM . I currently have my group and private about .90 cents apart. I'd much rather do privates though because it annoys the heck out of me when someone is too cheap to go private and he chooses the group (premium) mode for his kinky fetish that may not appeal to the other viewers. Although every now and then, some of the other guys do want to stay and watch that. Honestly, I find that even if I'm doing a group masturbation show, I get guys jumping in and out under the 30 seconds, so it's really hard to tell what works best.
    Pretty much the same thing with me here. Mine are set 50 cents apart but same general reason. I tell ppl I only do special fetishes or phone in exclusive "so as not to alienate the other guys who join the group".

I set my group rate at what I'd be happy to make per minute for a pvt show b/c I've found that usually in group I'll get the guy who initiated the session, tons of in-and-out 30 seconders and then one to 3 guys who stay for less than 3 min or so. If I think of it as my bottom dollar pvt show rate then anyone else who comes in is just icing on the cake.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Him: we could meet... im 5ft 9 sexy italian with a 8 inch love stick...imagine playing with me... how would you do it
    Me: I would cut off your dick and feed it to the pigs

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to IsobelWren For This Useful Post:

lilykane

My exclusive is set $1 higher even though I pretty much do the same thing in each, just one might have more of an audience.

I'm starting to wonder if I'm not doing this right, though. Do other girls provide the same experience in both premium and exclusive, or is exclusive supposed to be pretty damn special?

Featured Member
    Thanks

There's quite a lot I won't do in private that I will do in exclusive I tell guys often that they are gonna need to go exclusive for this/that For me it's all about maximising the numbers of people who are gonna hang out in my private chat at once. If it's something that not everyone's going to enjoy, the guy is gonna need to spend more to make it worth my while.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BritishBecky For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BritishBecky View Post
    If it's something that not everyone's going to enjoy, the guy is gonna need to spend more to make it worth my while.

Very well-put, and very helpful!

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

exclusive should be special. Like a VIP room.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,477 Times in 896 Posts

Exactly, I'm not using using toys in premium anymore, exclusive only. I did for the first couple of days on SM and then I was like waaaaaait a minute.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,993 Times in 796 Posts

I also find that my worst ratings have come from Group shows because one guys wants one thing and another wants something else or if you tell him that you only do fetish or phone in exclusive, he sacks you on our rating. Another reason I dislike group.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kittykrane For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

I do the same thing as many of the girls her do. I price my group rate a dollar higher than my exclusive rate to deter guys from wanting to do group.
    I will do less in group but charge more , because I hate the guys that jump in and out. It's so not worth it to me. I will only do cam2cam in exclusive and guys love that.

This works for me. I just started on SM.
    Last edited by rileyhart; 07-12-2012 at 06:52 PM. Reason: I mispelled a word

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rileyhart For This Useful Post: