Thread: Recording $$!

Thanks
    Thanked 3,201 Times in 717 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Question Recording $$!

I'm trying to figure out EXACTLY how much I've made camming, because so far it's just written in about five different notebooks, post-it notes, and word documents.

I'm compiling them all into Excel at the moment, and I've run into a problem already.

Do I record how much I was given? Example: MyGirlFund, $1 msg, BigCockLoserFace, or do I record how much I actually get? Example: MyGirlFund, $0.65 msg, BigCockLoserFace ?

I'm sure if I recorded how much I was GIVEN from each site and then did the conversion rate after I'd be really depressed. But... how do you girls record your stats?!

[/FONT][/URL]

Thanks

Default Re: Recording $$!

I have a basic ledger book I bought at Staples. At the top of each page it says the month for example March 2011. Then it breaks down like this:

column 1 - date
    column 2 - where did the cash come from or go to
    for example MGF or MFC or if I bought office supplies then I would put Staples (office supplies)
    Column 3 - labeled at the top of the page as "IN"
    This is where I would list the figure if it was money i have recieved
    Column 4 - labeled at the top of the page as "OUT"
    This is where I would list any money that was paid out as a business expense

I only record on a daily basis so each morning I will record how much I made the day before on each site. I only calculate up until midnight (a true day) any money made or spent after midnight goes on the next day so my dates stay "true" - for tax purposes

So here is what it would look like.... you will have to imagine the lines on the paper or you can PM me and I can email you a scanned copy if this makes no sense at all to you LOL

March 2011

3/1 MGF $36.65
    3/1 WalMart (underwear) $5.99
    3/1 Post Office (shipping+stamps) $14.27
    3/1 MFC $126.05
    3/2 Cash out fee MGF $2.00

Cash out fees are only recorded on the date I actually cash out. I only calculate the actual amount I receive the rest does not matter to your record keeping at all because that $$ never belonged to you at any point. So that's $0.65 not $1.00 At the end of each week I do totals for the "IN" and "OUT" columns. This way I know how much I made that week vs. spent. I also do totals at the end of each month.

On the back 4 pages of the ledger I have envelopes glued. This is where I put my receipts. In the front I have a list of promo ideas. Great customers, ideas, presents I have received as well as the cash amount they are worth.

I only use this book for my business! Nothing else gets written down. If I go get groceries then that is not a business expense (unless I am buying whipped cream for a show lol)

When it comes tax time I deliver the ledger to my accountant and I am good as gold. I have never had any problems and the ledger contains every single item he asks for.

HTH

3. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to julietjansen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,201 Times in 717 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

OMG I love you. I'm totally OCD about organizing things and this is exactly what I needed. Thank you!!

[/FONT][/URL]

Thanks

Your SO welcome! The first year that I danced I was a total mess about keeping track of my earnings and expenses and it TOTALLY screwed me when it came time to file my taxes! I have been using this system for the last 5 years and it works brilliantly for me. I know some girls don't file taxes but my father spent the first 10 years of my life in federal prision for tax ivasion and so I will never ever risk it.

Thanks

I only keep track of what I get, not what the guy paid to the site. Only my ration matters. Then to save sanity, I only officially keep log of the payouts. That way all you need for paper record is a copy of your paycheck/card load/whatever.