Thread: Video and Pic Distribution -Privacy Issues

Thanks

Default Video and Pic Distribution -Privacy Issues

I've been camming on and off since last fall. Obviously not as much as dancing. I only hesitate to do full-time camming because of the possibility that someone may record, keep, sell or otherwise distribute some of content. I notice some cam models have a disclaimer on the bottom to try to keep this from happening but it doesn't seem like it would. I mean besides the common advice I hear about changing the environment, wigs, makeup, and adding watermarks; what else is there to protect your content? I recently went back to do some live camming but the more I think about leaving videos and pics for sale up, the more it seems scary to me imo.

I couldn't find any specific legal info/answers to this question, but there seems to be a lot of concern regarding privacy in general (I apologize if there was, there just is a lot of info to go through on these forums). I'm just curious in regards to protecting yourself legally. Can/does one have to basically have to deem itself as a business (LLC for instance)?

Thanks
    Thanked 14,663 Times in 4,380 Posts

Default Re: Video and Pic Distribution -Privacy Issues

It's never going to be possible to completely prevent that. Even if you protected your vids that are for sale with DRM protection, hackers can get past that, plus anything you transmit including a private cam show can be easily recorded and reposted.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It doesn't matter how you mark your video/live stream because nothing happens to guys that record and re-post it. Even a tube site that is showing a video that was created/uploaded without permission (and also lacks required 2257 info), doesn't get in trouble! If the owner of the vid goes thru the effort to point that out, all the tube sites do is pull the video down. Even worse, cam sites claim ownership of anything you do on their site, so unless THEY request content be pulled, you may not be able to do anything about it.

As for privacy issues... models should not be doing or saying anything on video that involves personal details of their lives. This forum is full of posts where privacy issues ON HERE were a much bigger concern to women.

As the IRS has things now, cam models are treated as independant contractors and get a 1099-MISC for every year (or should), so from that stand point creating an LLC to work as/under isn't a bad idea since you don't have to give your SSN, just tax ID for the "company."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Slab4508 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    Even if you protected your vids that are for sale with DRM protection, hackers can get past that, plus anything you transmit including a private cam show can be easily recorded and reposted.
    On a side note, things may get worse as large content producers move from trying to stop/limit the stolen content that gets posted and instead try to monetize it! This is done now by having a stolen video replaced with a short promo version and link to buy the full length one