Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Southern Charms: Membership Sites For Models

Thanks
    Thanked 11,195 Times in 3,370 Posts

Default Re: Southern Charms

Quote Originally Posted by 2BooBoo4U View Post
    I don't have a problem with "implied" or "artistic" nudity. I have no probs showing the boobs, but when people say "full nudity" I assume they mean showing the vag, which no, I personally am not comfortable with. Maybe I am just naive about what "nudity" means. Some have said, for instance, that models on MFC aren't non-nude because they expose their breasts, yet I consider myself a non-nude model. To me, nudity means exposing the ladybits. Is this incorrect?
    hmm, I've always figured nudity is showing anything that would get me arrested if I did it in public, including my breasts.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful

Default Re: Southern Charms

It takes the hassle out of designing your own site etc. It is a good site and the admin staff are very helpful.

The one thing i didn't like and this is just me cos can be abit of a meanie when it comes to photos is that every update you would have to have a few free photos and some pay photos for the paid area. Every update i would get email from guys telling me they are collecting my photos from the free area. Annoying as fuck i say

Thanks

Default Re: Southern Charms?

I got approved and now I'm going to be setting up my account. Just wondering if their checks say Southern Charms or anything?
    Looking for affordable web or graphic design? SEO? Wordpress help? Send me a PM

Veteran Member a_little_mermaid's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't feel myself today
    Just a figure in a big monopoly game
    Struggle is the price you pay
    You get just enough just to give it away
    I'm sinking but I'm floating away
    Throw me a line so I can anchor my pain
    The fabric is about to fray

http://isissc2.blogspot.com/
    https://twitter.com/Isis_SC2
    http://clips4sale.com/studio/52225

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley View Post
    I got approved and now I'm going to be setting up my account. Just wondering if their checks say Southern Charms or anything?
    Nope, they say Photo Exchange

I was at my parents one month and the cheque came to their place and I was safe *whew* lol

You can also get direct deposit though.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to innes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by LoverCam View Post
    how much are you guys making over at SC?
    Depends on a lot of things.

SC focuses on memberships that includes pics and (if you want) short videos. I don't put videos in mine unless they are like "sneak peeks" of actual videos that I'm selling.
    For me, that's where I earn most of my money.

Then you can choose to sell individual photosets (one of your photo updates) but you can choose which ones, how many, etc. I think I have like 15 of them for sale. You don't sell much from those BUT they give people a chance to see what you're like without spending a whopping $15 !!! ( lol ) I've had plenty of times where I see:

10:00 AM Joe Brown $1.99 photoset ##
    10:05 AM Joe Brown $14.95 membership

That's the reason I sell photosets anyway :p

Then you can sell videos as well. That can be profitable too.

It also has a webcam feature. It is a small but friendly community. It's not a big site like MFC, Streammate, etc. but you can definitely make money on it!

It depends how much you update, how much content you put out, etc. You eventually find your niche. Some people earn like $200 a month, others earn like $2000 a month. (I'm not counting the camming aspect though ... that's an addition to it). Depends on the work that you put into it :p

Thanks
    Thanked 8,464 Times in 1,420 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

I'm curious about this.

Do they have decent traffic? If you were to update regularly you could make a good amount of $$ off of it? I have some traffic I can redirect but it's not huge atm.

And I think I read somewhere that your content has to be exclusive to the site? Is that true? That would kind of bum me out, as I like to spread one video over several sites to get max profits.

And I'm more video based than photos...can you opt to do more videos or just videos and cam, rather than pictures?

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessLavender View Post
    And I agree with the "what r u in the mood for" I want to say "well actually I want to go to bed but I need to pay my electric bill so lets just go pvt so I can fake being turned on by a close up of ur penis on ur cam and get this over with"

Thanks

I meant to post this here:
    On SC I'm having trouble emailing them at [email protected] I keep getting an error. And this is where I am supposed to send my signed forms.

Has anyone signed up lately? I've sent the mail twice and I keep getting a failure notice,

Nevermind I was using the wrong domain name. xP

I've read most girl get pretty decent income from updating, and videos tend to do well but I think you have to have photos as well. It says content is exclusive and they will cancel your account otherwise. I hope they aren't too strict on this because I have my photos on MGF too.
    Last edited by Tinsley; 11-07-2011 at 10:26 PM.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinsley For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh I was also wondering, I know you have to show full nudity but for the Pay photos do I have to use photos where I'm completely nude only? I ask because I have some photos where I have just panties on, or I'm turned around, etc

Thanks
    Thanked 6,244 Times in 1,623 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Just wondering how long it takes to hear back from them after you submit your 3 photos? Also wondering if they let you know if they DON'T want you? Thanks xx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Vlodina View Post
    Just wondering how long it takes to hear back from them after you submit your 3 photos? Also wondering if they let you know if they DON'T want you? Thanks xx
    It took them a day to get back to me and I'm pretty sure they will tell you if you are rejected. They require two forms of ID and I only have one so I doubt I'm going to bother with them anymore lol. My driver license should be sufficient.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley View Post
    Oh I was also wondering, I know you have to show full nudity but for the Pay photos do I have to use photos where I'm completely nude only? I ask because I have some photos where I have just panties on, or I'm turned around, etc
    For the pay side it is reccomended to get naked, but they can be tastefull nudes if you arent comfortable with spread shots. You dont always have to get naked espscially if its a fetish orented update. I know I've done a few foot fetish updaates with no nudity. All content for SC has to be for SC only it cant be posted on any other site. If they catch you your page will be taken down.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Do they have decent traffic? If you were to update regularly you could make a good amount of $$ off of it? I have some traffic I can redirect but it's not huge atm.

The main photo and video site part has a lot of traffic. The camming, not as much. But the photos and videos - yes a lot of traffic!

And I think I read somewhere that your content has to be exclusive to the site? Is that true? That would kind of bum me out, as I like to spread one video over several sites to get max profits.

Yes, it does have to be exclusive (I know, it kinda sucks). But you can use free pics for advertising. However, all pay pictures must be on SC only. I'm not completely sure of the video rule, but for sure all pay videos need to be exclusive on SC. Not sure about free videos. However, you could put the video up on SC for, say, a month. Get profits. Take it down and have it somewhere else. Or other way around - put it on another site, take it down, then put it up on SC. For your free photos, I believe you are allowed to use three from each update as advertising, as long as it has the SC link on it (which they put on it when your pictures go up). I use it for my blog, Twitter, Facebook, and other advertising. I just choose my favourite "free" photos and use them. You just can't sell them.

And I'm more video based than photos...can you opt to do more videos or just videos and cam, rather than pictures?

As long as you meet the minimum picture requirement (updating once or twice a month I believe? not sure completely) then you can add as many videos as you want. If you want videos in your "member's area" then you do need to do photos for it. However, you can just choose to do the minimum amount of photos (5 free and 10 pay I think but don't quote me on it!) and then have the video.

My pay section is never always completely nude. Sometimes I don't get nude at all in one photo update. My most recent update was a "sweater fetish" and masturbation update. I kept the sweater on in all the pay/free photos. I had my leggings on in all free and a few pay pictures, then they came off. Obviously not very nude. However, like when you're submitting your first three updates, make sure one of them has you completely nude at some point in time. :p

Just wondering how long it takes to hear back from them after you submit your 3 photos? Also wondering if they let you know if they DON'T want you?

I looked back into my emails and it looks like I heard back right away from them. I emailed my three pictures one day and they accepted me the next day. Once you're accepted, fill out all the forms immediately as it does take them a bit of time to build your site.
    If they haven't responded within a week, I would suggest emailing them again.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to innes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Mmm exclusive content... Are they quite strict about this?

I'm just thinking, if I uploaded exclusive stuff and it didn't sell, I would consider the evening producing it a waste and a loss. If they sold great though, I'd be wishing I had that stuff on all the sites I use.

Conundrum. Although Innes may have an idea there. xx

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Vlodina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by Vlodina View Post
    Mmm exclusive content... Are they quite strict about this?

I'm just thinking, if I uploaded exclusive stuff and it didn't sell, I would consider the evening producing it a waste and a loss. If they sold great though, I'd be wishing I had that stuff on all the sites I use.

Conundrum. Although Innes may have an idea there. xx
    Yes they are pretty strict about it. Anything on Southern Charms, you cannot sell elsewhere.
    HOWEVER
    you can use the same idea.
    Like just shoot the same video twice ... switch up a couple moves, use a different background ... something like that, you know?

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to innes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,111 Times in 4,716 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

Question Has Anyone tried www.southerncharms.com?

Would love to know if this website is worth joining,and posting pix.Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 9,740 Times in 3,215 Posts
    My Mood
    Doh

Default Re: Has Anyone tried www.southerncharms.com?

me2.. i keep meaning to join it over the years but then i never do.. it's one of those things..lol

Thanks
    My Mood
    Tired

Months ago I went to their website, did what they asked me to do, and I've still not heard back from them...

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I signed up about 2 months ago with all the things they needed, and not one email.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to EmmaSophie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Bashful

Been there done that. You need to put ALOT of work into making sales.

The one thing I hated was guys emailing me dick pics from the free sets I had put up.
    Don't Like Me? Have A Seat With The Rest Of The Bitches And Bastards Waiting For Me To Give A Flying Fuck.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,272 Times in 780 Posts

you have to use a regular camera for the pic sets as well. they don't accept webcam photos at all.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bubblegumbitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,111 Times in 4,716 Posts
    My Mood
    Hot

Thanks Girls!

Thanks

I've been on there for a year now and I love it. Now it does take a bit of work, yes. But in the end you can make money there. You make money by selling memberships to your site, selling you sets on the site, and from custom requests for pics and videos from members. You can charge a lot for the custom stuff and you will get it.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to a_little_mermaid For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Great question! I have also been looking into it as well. I planned on emailing them for more info once I purchased a new camera.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

I love Southern Charms!
    The camming with SC doesn't work for everyone though. It's worth a try but it depends.
    It's definitely my best site. You can make money from memberships, videos, and camming. Updating regularly is best. Obviously the more updates the better. Good quality pictures are important as well.

Custom work can be pretty nice too, for "weird" or "different" fetishes.

Anyway, I'd totally recommend it, I love the site.

34. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to innes For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast