Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camming while living abroad somewhere cheaper

Thanks

Travel Camming while living abroad somewhere cheaper

Does anyone on here do this? I mean like say; living in a place where the USD (or whatever you have) that you make while camming goes a lot further in a foreign country. Such as South East Asian countries or South America. You'd just need your laptop and a stable internet connection.

For example I want to try living in Thailand for 6-12 months and still make USD by camming, then the exchange rate will be in my favor and I can live a lot better than I could at home.

Some prices;
    Plate of Thai food, some rice and a soft drink at an average small restaurant- $1.31-$2.29
    20 cigarettes (Western brand)- $1.47
    Typical 3* hotel room -$26
    Cinema ticket- $2.62
    More here- http://www.into-asia.com/thailand/costs.php

I love the culture of South East Asian countries so I'd really love to travel to them.

The only problem is getting over that $1,500 (round trip) plane ticket *sigh*

And I'd also like to try some places in South America since I know a smattering of Spanish. Can anyone recommend some countries?

Has anyone on here done this before?
    Last edited by PhatGirlDynomite!!!; 04-03-2017 at 10:22 PM.

2. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to lolalolita For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: Camming while living abroad somewhere cheaper

Id do it! South America/ The Caribbean at least.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to kballar For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member BeautifulDisaster's Avatar
    Thanks

I would totally do it if I were you! I mean why not? You said you would try it out for 6-12 months, so then you'd figure out if its working or not. If I was single and wasnt planning on starting a family in a few years I would totally LOVE to do that so I am pretty jealous. That'd be an awesome experience.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to BeautifulDisaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think Mila Milan does that on MFC. She lives in Thailand even though she's from Austria..

The only thing that sucks is that would put you in the Asian filter.

I honestly wouldn't mind doing this myself especially if it means saving money

8. The Following User Says Thank You to LoverCam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

^^I think on SM you can select which country is shown..
    But I am too much of a wuss to live anywhere other than (some parts) of the us, ca, uk.. other places would be nice to visit, but too unpredictable for me. Language barriers, the 'you aren't from here so we can take advantage of you' thing, the possibility of becoming extremely lonely and feeling out of place, foreign germs, foreign police, etc. - This all makes me nervous. I don't like to be places where I'm not totally familiar with the surroundings. I would definitely go there first for a few weeks to see if you like it. I wish I had the balls to do stuff like that- but it's just not me.

Oh and western cigarettes- even though they are the same name brand- taste SOO different.. they are made differently than here. When it was legal, I used to order my cigarettes online from overseas and they were MUCH harsher than the US brand.

PS: I know Guyana is an English Speaking country, and I hear has really nice culture.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."
    Hunter S. Thompson

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BlankStare For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

South Korea, (Been there, love, cheap)
    *pyongtaek, Seoul, osan (yes they speak English because of the military bases around)

Panama, Trinidad, Belize...Cuba (where my mother is from) would be good for the money, but not good because there MIGHT be blocks on sites that you can open up...

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Amy Lee For This Useful Post:

Thanks

You should look into internet speeds in different countries before you make a decision. I went to Bolivia for 2 months (before I was a cam girl) and the internet was super slow everywhere. The people I stayed with were wealthy and had the fastest possible internet speed, and it would not have been acceptable for camming. South America is amazing, though, I really want to go back!!

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to prettygreeneyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,429 Times in 1,705 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

When I read this I was thinking South Korea!!! I loved it there...loved loved loved it there.

This is such an interesting concept! Ive been agonizing over what to do when kiddo leaves home in 4 years..Ill be totally on my own to do whatever I want, if I could live and work in a foriegn country that would be amazing!

And when I lived in Korea, I was not at all afraid to go wandering around by myself even, the people were so incredibly nice, even though I went to places where they didnt speak any English, and I only know how to say hello and thank you in Korean.

It would be interesting to consider other countries as well to live and work from...and save up my money like crazy! Woah, I really like this idea!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BlkSharpie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,629 Times in 1,387 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

This is something I have been wondering about for a while now. I'd imagine there are legal implications of living in one place and working in another though. Would the cam sites require that you be legally able to work in the country you're streaming from?

I'd go to Panama. Apparently it's all brand new infrastructure, and if any big political disputes/rioting/that sort of thing happened the USA would be there in a second to squash it out due to the importance of the Canal.

But how fun would it be to stay in a different country for 6 months or a year and be able to work and make money, and just observe the culture. I dream about it, but I don't have the balls to actually do it...

18. The Following User Says Thank You to 4everresolutions For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Of course, coming from Miami, I could also just move to the midwest...everthing would be insanely cheaper than what it is here, it would be a whole new culture, and the flight wouldnt be nearly as expensive

20. The Following User Says Thank You to BlkSharpie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Singapore is an English speaking country... And breath taking... And insanely clean...... I believe they are pretty advanced tech wise as well..

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to crazybeautiful For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 775 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

singapore would be a great place to live. i'd love to live in thailand as well...my partner lived there for a couple of years. i think south america would be awesome, but my chinese is way way better than my spanish (although i'm working on improving my spanish).

this isn't an option for me right now but i think it's a wonderful idea! i'm personally taking the "move to the midwest and have a cheaper cost of living" route i hope it works out for you though. i wanted to share a similar thread that came up awhile back in case it helps:

http://forum.stripperweb.com/showthread.php?t=154057

24. The Following User Says Thank You to tinydancer23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,833 Times in 1,057 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

I have thought about it too, I just wouldn't want to be in a totally new place all alone But if I had a friend that wanted to come along I would so do it!

26. The Following User Says Thank You to h0ttie For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,187 Times in 478 Posts

Belize definitely...

B

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by BlkSharpie View Post
    When I read this I was thinking South Korea!!! I loved it there...loved loved loved it there.

This is such an interesting concept! Ive been agonizing over what to do when kiddo leaves home in 4 years..Ill be totally on my own to do whatever I want, if I could live and work in a foriegn country that would be amazing!

And when I lived in Korea, I was not at all afraid to go wandering around by myself even, the people were so incredibly nice, even though I went to places where they didnt speak any English, and I only know how to say hello and thank you in Korean.

It would be interesting to consider other countries as well to live and work from...and save up my money like crazy! Woah, I really like this idea!
    Yup...I loved everything about South Korea and there are a lot of things to do there, good shopping, good fun and food....I liked it better than Japan...Wow I feel so fortunate to have been round the world and back again....Anyway the Korean Won is less than the dollar (or was)...so you want to go somewhere that the dollar is stronger than (if there is such a place anymore).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Yeah thats true..I lived there 15 years ago (OMG! I cant believe Im old enough to be able to say I lived somewhere on my own that long ago!! God Im old ) but have always wanted to go back. Especially being a black woman there? Damn, I got red carpet treatment everywhere I went...the men loved me! lol

Japan is a place I would love to visit, couldnt live there though. I have an uncle (well, my ex's uncle but hes my uncle now lmfao) who lived there and always inviting me to come visit with him and his wife. Shouldve when I couldve, they just moved to Thailand and by next year will be back in the states....

Thanks

Ooh I didn't even think about the different internet speeds. That's important, I'll have to look into it.

I think it's just sort of like being on a long vacation so i'm not too worried about the legal part? Plenty of other people vacation while earning passive income, so it should be somewhat similar.

I do want to visit Singapore as well! My plan is to start at Thailand and work my way through Malaysia and then finally to Singapore. Sort of like sexy backpacking?

@tinydancer23 I saw your post about moving to Kansas! I happen to be in Lawrence (~40min west of KC)

31. The Following User Says Thank You to lolalolita For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 775 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

lola, i'm moving to lawrence! that's awesome. maybe we can have coffee or something i shd be settled in there by the end of august.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinydancer23 View Post
    lola, i'm moving to lawrence! that's awesome. maybe we can have coffee or something i shd be settled in there by the end of august.
    Awesome! There's plenty of great coffee shops downtown, so i'm sure we could do that~

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I was in Buenos Aires for a few weeks back in 2008 (pre-camming)and the internet connection in my home-stay was very much in line with the standard speeds here in the US, so I would wager that you would be fine there.

There were nice furnished apartment rentals for $400-600USD/month in Palermo Soho (a VERY nice area). Some apts were definitely more expensive in that part of town, but some were about the same as quoted above or even less sometimes.

They also have HSBC bank there, and HSBC is available in quite a lot of countries other than the US.

I'd definitely recommend opening a bank account with a bank that has several international branches, being sure to check to see if the branches are located in well-populated areas of the international city you choose. International banks can be an absolute life-saver!

While I was in BsAs and needed to access my funds, I could go to a centrally located branch, call in to English-speaking agents 24/7 inside the branch, and had pretty much the full range of access to my account.

HSBC, in particular, is also in most of South America and Western Europe. Oh, and Hong Kong as well.

Good luck if you do choose to cam abroad!
    The Official Sandra London Website and Blog

My Live and Grind Emporium:

Listen to Playtime with Sandra Radio.

35. The Following User Says Thank You to london For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tinydancer23 View Post
    *snip*
    this isn't an option for me right now but i think it's a wonderful idea! i'm personally taking the "move to the midwest and have a cheaper cost of living" route i hope it works out for you though. i wanted to share a similar thread that came up awhile back in case it helps:

http://forum.stripperweb.com/showthread.php?t=154057
    I just wanted to say that that is a great idea. I actually live in the Midwest and have priced apartments elsewhere and I just about fell off the couch when the manager gave me the prices (for example, $1000 for a STUDIO in Seattle!?!?). My hubby and I pay $430/month for our 700 square foot apartment in a great neighborhood. If you don't mind living in the middle of nowhere, you can get a 1000 square foot 2 BR apartment for $450 here. Oh and our internet is pretty good. We have up to 50 megs down and up to 5 megs up. It will cost you a shitload of money but we do have it.

37. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to khakigirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bambalina View Post
    Belize definitely...

B
    Ugh, god. My parents made me go on a mission trip to Belize when I was fifteen, and if you're ANYWHERE but a resort area, you're fucked. I found at least one used syringe each time I went down a street, and two people in our ten-person group got mugged in the middle of the day. Homeless people and shacks are a frequent sight, and the whole place gets destroyed every hurricane season. Poorest country ever, I'd never move there, even if it WASN'T covered in Malaria... which one lady in our group caught. We stayed with one of the richest guys in the area, and there were huge holes in the walls. I woke up one night to the world's biggest fucking cockroach staring at me.

For your own sake, please, not Belize.

39. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to aqua For This Useful Post:

Thanks

[quote=4everresolutions;2143660]
    I'd go to Panama. Apparently it's all brand new infrastructure, and if any big political disputes/rioting/that sort of thing happened the USA would be there in a second to squash it out due to the importance of the Canal.

Panama is wonderful! That is where my family is from!

I have thought of doing this but living in a camper road tripping it across the country (which I love to do every few years!) I just wonder if the internet connection on those web cards are fast enough for camming?! I really can't imagine they are but man it would be AWEsoMe!

Thanks

Great thread! Of course, research internet capability before you move anywhere. I've been thinking it would be a fabulous lifestyle to travel the world and cam from whereever. Just float from country to country!

In reality tho, the past couple weeks have shown that its do-able but easier said than done. Even in the US sometimes you book a hotel and the internet is crap. I always ask front desk before I room anywhere and no matter what they tell you, public internet is often crap. Or fine for mr. businessman sending emails, but us cam girls need more dependable connection than even your busiest CEO types. That's not always easy to find.

42. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lacy Luck For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Not to be a dream killer, but as a long time expat there aren't that many places to live that are cheaper then the USA if you're not living in New York, London or expensive parts of Cali. Also, if you do find a cheap place to live be prepared to lower your standard of living because that's what you'll need to do if you live like a local.

Lots of things are more expensive in third world countries such as, electrics, cellphone service, fast internet, makeup, clothes that don't fall apart after being washed and even good toilet paper!

Some things that most likely will be a cheaper are health care, pet care (not pet food), eating out and local food (imported food will be double).

44. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nadia29 For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast