Original thread started by MissEgo
Okay, it's about time we had one big MFC thread.
NO QUESTIONS HERE.
Just helpful info.
I've started a little bit, now it's your turn!
Maybe we can get it stickied
MFC Model Info
- Approval is generally quite fast
- You can block states from your Model Admin page. (Go to your profile, then go Profile Settings at the top of your profile; it will open your Model Admin page.) Go to Profile Settings - it's on the left sidebar. You can block states / provinces or countries. Make sure to click "Block" after selecting the location to block. Then go to Model Settings (right below Profile Settings in the sidebar). Under Chat Security, select "Keep people from my blocked locations out of my room", and then click Save Preference.
- "The Exclusive Private Gallery is a feature that is given to our best customers, where they can see approximately 10 random photos every day, from random models on our website. It allows our best customers to find new models that they might like. By default, all models have a chance of appearing in this gallery." It takes random screenshots of you, which are not always the most flattering. If you'd prefer not to be part of this promotional tool, go to your Model Admin page, click Model Settings, and select "Exclude" under Promotional Tools. Don't forget to Save Preference.
- Never keep your prices too low or do too many sales! The guys there can spot a desperate model a mile away. I do well on MFC most of the time when I'm relaxed, but the second I start worrying about tokens, camscore, freeloaders it completely kills the mood.
- Uses html, but some codes do not work for some reason
General Tips / Info
- Tokens are worth $0.05; less if you are in a studio
- Be smiling, happy, and active - don't just sit there and wait for tips/privates. ALWAYS SMILE no matter what!
- Having a schedule really helps, and Twitter is a very useful tool to let them know when you'll be online.
- Offering pic sets is a great way to get tips going. Pic sets can be uploaded on your profile as a private gallery, and then you can have the guys tip for the password.
- Videos are very popular too, if you're comfortable with that. Get an account on a file hosting site - I recommend Mediafire. You can password protect the files and see how many people have downloaded them. When you are tipped for a video, send the guy a PM or a MFC mail with the link to the video and the password. Change your passwords often so they can't share them.
- Watch other girls on MFC to see how they run their room. Don't copy them, just get a feel for it.
- The guys saying "bb" or "show tits" or barking demands are more than likely broke.
- Be yourself and have fun, because if you aren't having fun, nobody else is either!
- Don't treat MFC like other camsites; you can't sit and wait for a guy to take you private.
- Fake fake fake!!!! Staring at the screen stone faced and moaning will turn viewers off.
- Don't focus on the top girls so much.
- Don't worry about the camscore.
- If you allow other models in your room, be aware that they could be PMing the guys in your room.
- Don't multitask while you're on cam; now is NOT the time to be cruising the internet or watching tv.
- Don't eat on cam unless you can make it look sexy.
- Don't be afraid to let your wierdness shine through!
- Don't do anything outside of your comfort zone.
- I find sweetly bitching is the way to keep the guys still interested when its a slow day.
- Everything should be real subtle with the way you manipulate on mfc. If they know the tricks you are pulling then they won't be thinking about how horny he is for this authentic model.
- Don't be afraid to promote! blog, twitter, facebook, pornoob, xpeeps, myspace, model for fun, be your own type of MFC superstar.
- Lazy camgirls go no where on MFC
- Mute guests (they're usually assholes or jealous camgirls!); if they want to talk to you, all they need is an email to sign up to become a Basic (someone with a Basic account)
- Set your topic so that guys know what you're offering!
- Do not tolerate disrespect. No amount of money is worth doing something you are not comfortable with. Control your room. Never do anything you don't want to do; never tolerate disrespect. Once you set a tone for your room and build regulars, the occasional douche will actually feel weird being his usual douchey self in your room and either straighten up or move on.
- If someone's a dick, don't fight with him. Bat him around a little, then kick him out. Or just kick him out. Whatever. It's your room, your rules. Don't let the room dictate what you do.
- Shut it down- when they get disrespectful stop doing your show so they know who's in charge and make them tip to continue.
- Create a sense of urgency - "I'll only be online for an hour!" - if guys think they have all day to stare at you, they're less likely to tip.
Free Chat Games!
- Clear the Board: have numbers written on a whiteboard; the guys must tip the numbers on the board. When the board is clear you will do ____!
- Countdowns. Set a token amount in your topic and what you'll do for it, i.e. "Topless at 200 tokens!" Update the topic whenever you get tipped so they know how many tokens are left in the countdown.
- Write their name on your body with washable marker for a tip.
- Fill an empty vodka bottle with water and take shots for tips. (Don't drink a LOT though, or it will be obvious). Then you can do "wild" things for tips, like a countdown for nude, or tips for flashes.