+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 471 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: The Streamate Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 2,576 Times in 679 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Default The Streamate Thread

Same as the big MFC one - all your advice / tips / info so that it's all in one place. It's about time!!
    I know VERY LITTLE about SM (which is short for Streamate), it's my backup backup backup site. So ladies, feel free to share some wisdom!
    NO QUESTIONS HERE.

Model Tips
    - Work out, Do your nails, your hair, get a better cam and good lighting. You WILL stand out if you present yourself well.
    - Always treat your big tippers extra special by sending them mailings and don't forget to let them know that you'll be on.
    - The only way for you to be at the top is: Adobe encoder, Mic, 5 star ratings (this is the most important and can get you to the #1 spot)
    - Please please please don't show a boob, ass, or pussy for a private. They won't take you.
    - It is not possible to change your username (but you can try emailing support and asking, just to be sure).
    - It is possible to change your email (you'll have to contact support).
    - Its generally not possible to rejoin SM after being released from a studio for one year (unless you're entering "Daily Pay".)
    - Profit % rate is 35% of gross
    - Keep your area clean and don't broadcast toys. Guys can get off just by looking at them.
    - If you sign up for Streamate independently and with a studio at the same time, Streamate will accept your independent application over the studios.
    - Upload more than four pictures.
    - The men on streamate love different outfits and different toys, so now is a good time to invest in those. The more toys and outfits you have, the more shows you'll get.
    - Experiment with different days and different times of day. Late Friday/Saturday night when the guys get back from drinking can be good. Weekends during the day time (esp. Sunday) are also good. Keep in mind what time it is in the US and UK; that is where most of your customers are from.
    - You don't need to invest in outfits when you start out but atleast have nice almost matching bra and panties.
    - Outfits are always great; experiment with different outfits to find what works for you.
    - Proper internet is IMPORTANT, especially with the encoder. Playing youtube or pandora will slow it down.
    - Never do anything you are not comfortable doing.
    - Use as many of the available features as you can. Such as HD,encoder,audio,phone and now (maybe)party chat
    - Make sure to change ur profile pic every week or 2 weeks to spice up ur profile more everytime
    - Make sure to speak loud and clear-English speaking is needed if u want to make MORE $$
    - Wear clothing that is bright-usually blk, flesh colored, or white doesnt show up well on cam (pinks, reds, greens, blues make u and ur background POP

Your Show
    - Greet every single guy that comes in your room and talk to them like they are REAL people with feelings. Do not ask a guy to go private as soon as he comes into your room. These men want you to make them feel good. Start with emotional and then physical.
    - If a guy has his cam on even though he looks like shit, make sure you tell him how good he looks. If he has a small cock, make sure you tell him how good his cock feels and how much you enjoy sucking it. Don't lie to him and tell him it's big because he knows that shit is small as hell. This particular advice is for ladies that do vanilla shows. Of course if you get a guy who's into small cock humiliation, you don't want to tell him his dick is big.
    - When in group chat, make sure the guys know that there are others in the room. If they want you to do something specific like phone, they need to go exclusive. Do not do phone in group just talking to one guy. You ratings will drop and you will be very sorry.
    - Encourage tips and don't beg.
    - Don't be too talkative because it stops privates, but keep in mind that some like to get to know a girl first, and expect you to talk, talk, talk.
    - Dont be afraid to change your prices for private/exclusive because their horny asses will pay.
    - Don't be afraid to use the ban function on Streamate - when idiots waste your time in free chat, it distracts you from actual paying customers. Don't tolerate beggars.
    - Block the time-wasters and bullshitters. There IS a difference between guys who come in for conversation and who (eventually) will become a paying regular...they don't ask you for freebies, they don't hog the attention and they are actually okay to talk to and help the flow of convo in the room.
    - Work all angles! Cindi Cruz won't do anal without a 60 minute block for example. Some ladies offer only voyeur cam in group chat and xxx in exclusive chat.
    - Respond to private messages even if the guy annoys you/ Don't be so quick to ban.
    - Take advantage of exclusive chat (Make it at least a dollar more than your group chat) For example: $2.94 group/$3.94
    - Always encourage gold.
    - Although you have 29sec to get dressed its okay to position the cam up or down to freshen up.
    - Beware that once you go private some customers may try to fool you by only staying for 30 seconds trying to get everything pleasing to them for free 30 seconds. SM don't bill the customer till after 30 seconds keep track of the 30 seconds start off doing softcore sexy don't jump to anything hardcore till after the 30 seconds over. SM protects cam models against chargebacks from customers they will pay you once 30 seconds over.
    - The first 30 secs of the pvt are free so I usually talk to them, ask them if they can hear me clearly and of course ask them to rate and leave a comment if the pvt is good!!
    - Don't be afraid to try something new! It's refreshing!
    - Enable Block Sessions. I get a lot of guys buying the 15, 30 minute block sessions and if they leave early you still get paid for the whole 15 or whatever minutes.
    - If u dont want 30sec peepers-change ur Premium Prvt rate to more than ur Exclusive Prvt rate
    - To keep excitement in ur free chat, play some games with the customers, dance to ur fav music, enable Gold-Chat Party (if u have it)
    - Make sure to set a sched in ur profile and STICK to it..u will get more regular customers that way
    - Work for that 5-star rating by encouraging customers who paid to write a comment and rate u after their prvt

Techy Stuff
    - Fix your cam, Get good lighting, get better internet connection so your cam doesn't jerk. I CANNOT stress this enough. Men are visual creatures. You do not want him to be just about to come and your cam freeze.
    - Turn on mic. Guys love to hear you. If you do not have a mic, go now and buy one.
    - The encoder works best with a desktop and the settings the SM tells you to use might not work so well unless you have top notch internet.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,338 Times in 1,089 Posts

Default Re: The Streamate Thread

1.) Black girls: Work out, Do your nails, your hair, get a better cam and good lighting. The word on streamate is that the majority of the black camgirls are FAT or ghetto. I don't cam anymore and I send my clients to other black ladies all the time and they are always disappointed. There is ONE other girl they have been impressed with so far and I will not mention here name here.

2. Greet every single guy that comes in your room and talk to them like they are
    REAL people with feelings. Do not ask a guy to go private as soon as he comes into your room. These men want you to make them feel good. Start with emotional and then physical.
    If he has his cam on even though he looks like shit, make sure you tell him how good he looks. If he has a small cock, make sure you tell him how good his cock feels and how much you enjoy sucking it. Don't lie to him and tell him it's big because he knows that shit is small as hell. This particular advice is for ladies that do vanilla shows. Of course if you get a guy who's into small cock humiliation, you don't want to tell him his dick is big.

3.) Fix your cam, Get good lighting, get better internet connection so your cam doesn't jerk. I CANNOT stress this enough. Men are visual creatures. You do not want him to be just about to come and your cam freeze.

4.) When in group chat, make sure the guys know that there are others in the room. If they want you to do something specific like phone, they need to go exclusive. Do not do phone in group just talking to one guy. You ratings will drop and you will be very sorry. When I am in group, I listen to all the guys in my room. If one guy wants anal and another guy wants me to give him a bj, I'll start with the bj first then anal (i fake it). Always try to make the guys happy. If one gets pissy and leave then oh well.. he should have went exclusive.

5.) Encourage tips and don't beg. Always treat your big tippers extra special by sending them mailings and don't forget to let them know that you'll be on.

6.) Turn on mic. Guys love to hear you. If you do not have a mic, go now and buy one. I was chatting with a regular last night and he was telling me how he couldn't get off because one girl didn't have a mic and she appeared fake to him.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,141 Times in 569 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

*SM is short for streamates
    *The encoder works best with a desktop and the settings the SM tells you to use might not work so well unless *you have top notch internet.
    *The only way for you to be at the top is: Adobe encoder, Mic, 5 star ratings (this is the most important and can *get you to the #1 spot)
    *Please please please don't show a boob, ass, or pussy for a private. They won't take you.
    *Don't be too talkative because it stops privates.

4. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Ms.Lacey For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,485 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Its not possible to change your username.

It is possible to change your email. (contact support)

Its generally not possible to rejoin SM after being released from a studio for one year (unless your entering dp)

Profit % rate is 35% of gross.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

No offical word but it hasnt stopped alot of people doing it. SM have been generally quite good to us lately.

Thanks
    Thanked 10,054 Times in 3,300 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessJenny View Post
    Its generally not possible to rejoin SM after being released from a studio for one year (unless your entering dp)

Profit % rate is 35% of gross.

But when you tried to get me signed up with SM daily pay, they denied it, right (because I was still under contract with Internet Modeling)?

So being under daily pay wouldn't make a difference? They're still gonna deny me until that one year is up.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Dont be afraid to change your prices for private/exclusive because their horny asses will pay.

Keep your area clean and don't broadcast toys. Guys can get off just by looking at them.

If you signup for studios and SM at the same time SM will except your application over the studios (I signed up for both internet modeling and SM before I realized SM was the right way to go)

STOP SHOWING YOUR PUSSY IN FREE CHAT~!!! because they keep asking me to do it lol

10. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Ms.Lacey For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    In Love

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrownFox View Post
    But when you tried to get me signed up with SM daily pay, they denied it, right (because I was still under contract with Internet Modeling)?

So being under daily pay wouldn't make a difference? They're still gonna deny me until that one year is up.
    Theres no guarantee's in life sorry. But in general they have been quite good with letting people join.

I dont remember the exact details but IM may not have de-activated your account properly or they may have emailed sm specifically and held you under contract.

Thanks

Its not possible to change your username
    Sometimes you can do this if you e-mail them, but don't count on it. I was considering changing mine a while back and e-mailed them, and they did tell me it was possible.

Thanks

Don't be afraid to use the ban function on Streamate - when idiots waste your time in free chat, it distracts you from actual paying customers. Just ban the dumbasses and move on.

14. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to prettygreeneyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by prettygreeneyes View Post
    Don't be afraid to use the ban function on Streamate - when idiots waste your time in free chat, it distracts you from actual paying customers. Just ban the dumbasses and move on.
    Yes Ma'am. I wield a heavy banhammer, you will learn who is a time waster...FAST.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BadNews For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I block the time-wasters and bullshitters. There IS a difference on SM between guys who come in for conversation and who (eventually) will become a paying regular...they don't ask you for freebies, they don't hog the attention and they are actually okay to talk to and help the flow of convo in the room.

BAN BAN BAN the beggars. Maybe if they are banned by enough cam models, they will learn their lesson and start actually tipping? hm.

DON'T SHOW PUSSY FOR FREE!

There is nothing that annoys me more than looking at a cam girls room and it is zoomed in to her soaking wet panties and you can pretty much see her vag. Cmon son!

Step up your conversation skills. I talk, talk, talk. Guys enjoy someone who is nice and not rude. Just don't be a pushover.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TouringGirlfriend View Post
    1.) Black girls: Work out, Do your nails, your hair, get a better cam and good lighting. The word on streamate is that the majority of the black camgirls are FAT or ghetto. I don't cam anymore and I send my clients to other black ladies all the time and they are always disappointed. There is ONE other girl they have been impressed with so far and I will not mention here name here.
    Excuse me? Only black girls? Personally i find that offensive.

The thing you've got to remember is that most of the black girls on SM are in studios in Africa - they don't exactly have lots of money to do their hair, nails etc. and are mostly camming because they have no other way of making any money. 12 hrs a day 7 days a week also a bit of disincentive to look hot all the time especially when your cut is almost literally peanuts. I know - i was one of those girls once.

Besides are you seriously suggesting that men only like skinny women? Plenty of men love 'fat' women. There's also a place for 'ghetto'.

So if you're looking for a place to send your 'clients' - send them over to my fat, black, ghetto ass - i'll make sure they aren't 'dissapointed'.
    Last edited by boobygirl; 06-20-2011 at 02:15 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Great topic idea for the common helpful tips need to know on SM. I think it be good for similar topic for Adultwork. I see already one made for MFC.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brownsugardoll For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,580 Times in 1,202 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Do the guys know when you block or kick them? Like do they get a notice? Does anyone know?

I hope so, because how else would they learn their lesson?

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sammii For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I was trying to ban some asshole today, but he was smart enough to leave free chat before I could ban him. Then minutes later, he came back in and went right out (I was waiting for his ass too, but that time he was still too fast!). When he came back in again I immediately clicked on his name and waved bye-bye to him as I clicked 'Block'. LMAO!

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

SM has GOT to do something so that models can still ban guys even after their shit-talking asses have left the room. It's stupid that we have to wait for the guy to come back in order to ban him.

Thanks

Theres no guarantee's in life sorry. But in general they have been quite good with letting people join.

I dont remember the exact details but IM may not have de-activated your account properly or they may have emailed sm specifically and held you under contract.

I didn't say there were guarantees. I'm just saying it'd be nice if certain rules applied to everyone else too...and not just a select few. Kinda like the whole 'closing MFC account to start a new one' thing...some models manage to do it while others are refused and told "You must use your existing account." Pffft!

Sorry to change the subject from SM/ to MFC.

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boobygirl View Post
    Excuse me? Only black girls? Personally i find that offensive.

The thing you've got to remember is that most of the black girls on SM are in studios in Africa - they don't exactly have lots of money to do their hair, nails etc. and are mostly camming because they have no other way of making any money. 12 hrs a day 7 days a week also a bit of disincentive to look hot all the time especially when your cut is almost literally peanuts. I know - i was one of those girls once.

Besides are you seriously suggesting that men only like skinny women? Plenty of men love 'fat' women. There's also a place for 'ghetto'.

So if you're looking for a place to send your 'clients' - send them over to my fat, black, ghetto ass - i'll make sure they aren't 'dissapointed'.
    As a black woman myself, I don't find it offensive. As a former camgirl, I worked out (still do), did my hair always, made sure my nails were done, made sure my room was clean, I didn't eat, drink or smoke in front of cam. I went the extra mile to make the guys happy. I am sorry but if the majority of the guys that love black women are telling me that they have a hard time buying camshows from black girls because the majority of them are fat and ghetto then that is all that matters.
    The customer is always right.
    Last edited by TouringGirlfriend; 06-20-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,213 Times in 334 Posts

I don't find this offensive at all, but I will say that the reason YOUR customers are complaining when girls don't have the same body type or personality as YOU is because YOU are the type of girl they are into. It does not mean that there is zero market for girls with different body types and attitudes. It's kind of the same thing as someone who was attracted to white girls being sent to your room by a white girl. They would not be happy and would complain. Not because you're not hot or a great cam girl, but because by default he wasn't looking for you. To take your customers' desires and use them as the gold standard for what any cam girl should be like is a sweeping generalization and can be misleading to new cam girls who do not know any better. Variety is the spice of life.

As a black woman myself, I don't find it offensive. As a former camgirl, I worked out (still do), did my hair always, made sure my nails were done, made sure my room was clean, I didn't eat, drink or smoke in front of cam. I went the extra mile to make the guys happy. I am sorry but if the majority of the guys that love black women are telling me that they have a hard time buying camshows from black girls because the majority of them are fat and ghetto then that is all that matters.

In this business it does not matter what you think because you're not the one that's buying. The customer is always right. See if the guys keep telling me they will not buy a camshow with a certain group of ladies for this reason, I'd get my slim ass on cam and try to be the opposite of the ladies they're complaining about. Doesn't that make sense? Of course there is a market for bbw and there is a market for ghetto but guys like what they like. If my customer tells me he's looking for a busty black girl that's a size 4, I'm not going to send him to a bbw. He will not buy. That's just the way it is. Sure I see how someone can turn a guy into a bbw lover but again some guys don't like bbws and a lot of guys do not like ghetto.

Banned
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ShellyConnors View Post
    I don't find this offensive at all, but I will say that the reason YOUR customers are complaining when girls don't have the same body type or personality as YOU is because YOU are the type of girl they are into.
    Exactly.

edit: Have a great day ladies!
    Last edited by TouringGirlfriend; 06-20-2011 at 08:48 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Come on please let keep this drama free... everyone is entitled to their opinion!!!

Back back to helping

32. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Ms.Lacey For This Useful Post:

Thanks

In this business it does not matter what you think because you're not the one that's buying. The customer is always right. See if the guys keep telling me they will not buy a camshow with a certain group of ladies for this reason, I'd get my slim ass on cam and try to be the opposite of the ladies they're complaining about. Doesn't that make sense? Of course there is a market for bbw and there is a market for ghetto but guys like what they like. If my customer tells me he's looking for a busty black girl that's a size 4, I'm not going to send him to a bbw. He will not buy. That's just the way it is. Sure I see how someone can turn a guy into a bbw lover but again some guys don't like bbws and a lot of guys do not like ghetto.
    What i found offensive is the fact that you singled out 'black' women - surely your 'logic' applies to ALL women. The fact that you are also black has nothing to do with it.

Notice how in my first paragraph i put logic in inverted commas? That's because what you said has no 'logic'. Are you seriously suggesting that we should all try and aim to be the same? All a size 4, all mainstream, all the same as every other cam girl out there? You've already admitted that there is a niche for BBW - surely it would be better advice to suggest that girls play to their strengths, know their market and get the customers that fit their particular niche? That way everyone wins - the bigger girls (or ghetto girls or whatever) get the right customers and the business is not flooded with mainstream models all competing for the same pot of money.

I work out, could work out all day long and i'll never be a size 4 - why? It's called genetics. I'm African - i'm built like an African - i get guys coming into my room all day long saying how much they love my build, how they love to see a woman with a big ass and big titties. That's what MY customers tell me. Maybe you should get better at finding what YOUR customers want instead of sending them to the 'fat' girls to be dissapointed.

How do you respond to my main point that most of the black girls working SM are from studios in Africa? What do you suggest they do? Or is camming only for those who can afford to go to the gym and get their nails and hair done on a regular basis? 'Keeping their rooms clean, not eating, drink or smoking on cam' - how much control do you think they have over these things? Do you know how many breaks they get? I do and i can tell you now it's virtually none - maybe half an hour in 12 hours and that's only if they're hitting their targets. Are you suggesting they shouldn't eat, drink or smoke for 12 hours?

Not everyone is lucky enough to be born in a rich country. Some people have to struggle for everything in life - for those people getting their hair and nails done is not exactly a priority - they have more pressing priorities such as putting food in the mouths of their children.

Next time you post i suggest you gain some empathy and stop judging everyone by your standards. The African studio girls may not always look the best but i can guarantee that you wouldn't last a day working as one - you might break a nail for a start and we wouldn't want you looking all 'ghetto' now would we?

Banned
    Thanks

Edit: Have a great day ladies!
    Last edited by TouringGirlfriend; 06-20-2011 at 08:45 AM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Deleted... Done... More important things
    Last edited by Ms.Lacey; 06-20-2011 at 09:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 471 1231151101 ... LastLast