Page 330 of 422 FirstFirst ... 230280320328329330331332340380 ... LastLast
Results 8,226 to 8,250 of 10546

Thread: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Thanks
    Thanked 6,566 Times in 2,177 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

^^Have you tried different browsers? Are other cam sites working for you?

My friend had an issue where the broadcaster was disconnecting her every 3 minutes, it ended up being from a software update that she had to uninstall to fix the issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,014 Times in 3,629 Posts

My placement is inexplicably good today after weeks of being buried (nothing has changed on my end) and still almost no traffic. It's so hard to stay online, ugh!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

$95 in 9 Hours
    Shit on Toast
    Fuck
    Makes last weeks $38/hr avg look like HEAVEN

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 Times in 817 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Quote Originally Posted by MelindaDeaner View Post
    In regards to someone that recently considered that SM most likely has a majority of bots now as members....Well, I just had a Skype show with one of my Indy customers today & he gave me an almost 3 page list of all the cam girls he has interacted w/ on SM and caught on that they were all "pre-recorded" cam shows of models...not live shows and that they do not talk to you live, they have loud music playing, & someone on the receiving in only types to that member to reply & u can tell the pre-recorded videos as they all dup over and over. (now I mention, I saw a cam girl on the 1st page a couple weeks ago that I for sure thought was a pre-recorded video of her as well!) Also, he believes that possibly it's all SM setting up these fake pre-recorded cam girl shows. Or like it's all done at a call center type thing. He also said that some of these alleged cam girl models (profile) on SM will also use the same exact cam rooms as the other model) So that being said, whoever 1st thought of all the members & group of members all popping in and out of everyone's rooms all at the exact same time and the member counter etc. being all bot's nowadays just may very well be true! Wow! smh So where is everyone going now for a new main site to work on to make income? I am exhausting myself day in and day out trying to find a new cam site to work on....so I am up for any and all suggestions that would be helpful to me!
    What is the purpose of the bots? Is that why we're seeing the constant in and out?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,305 Times in 817 Posts
    My Mood
    Blah

Default Re: The Streamate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Blovely View Post
    Like the other ladies its not just you. I got so annoyed with people popping in and out, not talking, or leaving in the middle of a convo that I put an option on my tip list to tip for my attention. These guys aren't even staying around after they've tipped for my attention. Like after they've tipped I try to make convo with them with normal chit chat like Hi, how are you? They answer that but as soon as I ask them what are they up to or what brings them by they leave. I'm like wtf because those are basic ass question and its not even like I was even pushing a private on them yet. Like shit I can't even ask what they're up to, what brings them by or what they're interested in???? Like I'm really confused on what I should say at this point.
    Yep. I try and make small talk, "How's your day going?" They leave. Ok, then fuck you, loser.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadBitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,599 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by BadBitch View Post
    Yep. I try and make small talk, "How's your day going?" They leave. Ok, then fuck you, loser.
    Thats why i gave up talking its damed if you damed if u don't . act like a human being and treat them like a human being they leave act like a slut and ur fake . you can't win with these guys anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, I’m pretty sure they do have bots. Why? Well, so we will think it’s busy/there is traffic/potential members/etc. and stick it out and keep giving them 65-80% of the money WE EARN FOR THEM.
    I’ve seen two page one Models have full blown nervous breakdowns, ranting and crying in the last two days. Girls are realizing how fucked up it is that if we pull in $1000, we see $200-$350 of it and the remaining $650-$800 goes directly into Streamates pocket... like a bad pimp. We deal with tech issues, lack of support, lack of advertisement, quality issues, etc. yet, they get most of the money.
    Now, if there are people or bots coming in and out of our room constantly, we assume there is traffic and there just HAS to be money to be made if we are patient. This, of course, is my assumption because there is no other logical reason other than to deceive models. I think SM has been hurting financially for awhile. I think there are so many cam sites now and anyone can go sit on Chaturbate/MFC/etc and get off for free. For girls to stick with SM, keep advertising the site and keep the money rolling in, they needed to give the appearance of an influx of traffic. This is achieved with bots.
    Now, regarding recorded shows and girls on loop... I wouldn’t doubt it. When you sign up with SM, you sign an agreement stating that they have permission to use your name, image and likeliness in any way they want. If they record your shows and sell them on the site via the “My Videos” tab (which they 100% do), you signed an agreement giving them permission to do so. If they want to post your videos on Tube Sites, they own them and you’re request to get them removed will be denied.
    Maybe it’s just me, but I think I’ve learned a lot about this industry in the past 7 years and I think SM is a LOT shadier than most of us think. I also think they have much more control over our individual room traffic/earnings/etc than we all realize.
    Yes, there are good days and bad days. Yes there are slow days and busy days. BUT, just remember that every single thing they do is to make money for them, not us. Contests, updates, features... its enticing us to sell for them.

12. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And please excuse my rant ^^ I know I’ve been super negative on here lately but so have many models. I’ve really tried to be more positive/post in camming rocks with some kind of good thing to say about camming but a lot of us are getting fed up. For anyone who has a mortgage/rent, car Payment, insurance payments, grocery bills, etc. this income is not stable nor livable anymore... especially after you take away 37% for taxes. I can’t work 40 Hours a week and make $700 one week and $200 the next. I don’t know many people who can.
    It’s been oddly slow and if I hadn’t just spent 10 Hours sitting in free chat, hearing people ding in and out, demanding shit from me and treating me like garbage I wouldn’t be so critical. All I know is that for the time I put into this site, my 30% feels like I’m being used. The issues raised by other models regarding traffic, bots, recorded shows, etc. is just the icing on the cake.

14. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,585 Times in 1,635 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BadBitch View Post
    That's exactly why I stopped interacting with them unless or until they tipped at least 1 gold or went pvt. I know this method won't work and isn't for everyone but its what I started doing. I've always had guys waste my time and leave when asked for a tip/private that's just the nature of freechat but at least 1-2 out of 5 would tip or go private.

I dunna wtf happened to these guys around during Nov/Dec but it seemed like as soon as Trump got in office a new culture flooded these camsites. When guys actually stayed in my room long enough to talk they ended up leaving when I got to like my second line of chit chat/hustle. After about 3 weeks of that bullshit I started ignoring everyone even regs (because they were pulling the same bullshit) unless they tipped. I just couldn't take guys; popping in and out, not talking, completely ignoring me, complaining about tech issues, leaving in the middle of a conversation and leaving after they said they'd go private. On top of all of I was earning dam near minimum wage because no one wanted to tip or private, they just wanted to play Ding Dong Ditch - Cam Edition. I will say that what I described minus the minimum wage is something that I always experienced (its the nature of freechat) but in all my years of camming I never ever experienced that much fuckery at that volume especially for weeks on end. It use to be like every few people would waste my time but after Nov/Dec it was dam near every single person. What made it even worse was that it wasn't just Streamate the same thing was happening on Imlive and Cams as well. I had to change up my camstyle because I was starting to really hate getting on cam which was making me depress and I even cried a few times (I rarely ever cry over things) because I didn't want to log on.

I don't even do traditional cam anymore (log on for 4-6 or however many hours, smile into the camera, try to talk to everyone/be engaging and alluring). Now I just turn on my cam and leave it on while I edit clips, watch tv, do online research, etc. I just don't have the patience or care to sit on cam for 4-6hrs anymore and give these guys my undivided attention....nope, nope, nope not for them to take up my time and leaving without tipping or pvt. There's been a few times where I've tried to do traditional camming again (on SM, Cams and IL) and it was the same bullshit....guys popping in and out, guys not talking, guys leaving in the middle of a conversation, guys leaving after they said they wanted to go pvt.....just completely wasting my time to the max. I was like fuck this I'm going back to ignoring every single one of you. Like I literally just can't anymore..........

Now at least if they don't go pvt after taking up my time I'm not totally assed out... 35% of 1-5 gold is way better than 0. They can small talk all they want but I ain't hearing it unless or until they tip or go pvt. I may loose out on pvts/customers but at this point its not like I was doing better when I was actually giving them attention for free. I'm much happier and able to get more done now that I basic said F traditional camming. If traffic (quality traffic that is) ever comes back I'll go back to how I use to cam but until that happens I'm paying everyone dust unless they pay me.
    Last edited by Blovely; 10-12-2017 at 09:00 AM.

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blovely For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,571 Times in 2,599 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thats pretty much how i feel and do now but u worded it so much better =^y^=
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,395 Times in 2,183 Posts

What the heck is the deal with the guys here lately? They seem to want to either just sit in chatroom for a while not saying anything or will come in right away and demand to see tits and when I tell them that I'd be happy to show them in exclusive, they leave. Right away someone with a similar screen name will enter my room with a "show tits bb". I just sit there like,"Uh, is this the same person?" and right afterwards, similar screen name(ie. bigdick2, bigdick22, bigdick002) with same request. It's been happening in 3's today. Right after that I got three similar screen names like assman, asslover, asslover1 log on and off, one after another asking to see my ass. That can't be just coincidence.

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,678 Times in 1,961 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    What the heck is the deal with the guys here lately? They seem to want to either just sit in chatroom for a while not saying anything or will come in right away and demand to see tits and when I tell them that I'd be happy to show them in exclusive, they leave. Right away someone with a similar screen name will enter my room with a "show tits bb". I just sit there like,"Uh, is this the same person?" and right afterwards, similar screen name(ie. bigdick2, bigdick22, bigdick002) with same request. It's been happening in 3's today. Right after that I got three similar screen names like assman, asslover, asslover1 log on and off, one after another asking to see my ass. That can't be just coincidence.
    In one of the recent threads, there was speculation that SM might have bots going into our chatrooms, making the site look busier. It would be both hilarious and sad if the bots were asking for freebies XD

22. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,067 Times in 7,835 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Thumbs down Re: The Streamate Thread

Lol, w/the BD names, annoying af^
    & Some guy was trying to 'pick me up' last night, Fuck outta here

Thanks

at first I was skeptical about streamate having bots, but after having the same 3 people in my free chat room in the same order everytime I went private I am now convinced about the whole bots conspiracy lol

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiffanySweetz For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,689 Times in 1,046 Posts

Sorry for my ignorant question but do the bots 'type' anything at all or just come in and leave, in and leave over and over again with different names?

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Thanks

That's a good question! I think some of them may have preset messages because a lot of the girls have said that members will come in with similar names and say the exact same thing.

29. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJaydeXXX View Post
    That's a good question! I think some of them may have preset messages because a lot of the girls have said that members will come in with similar names and say the exact same thing.
    Thank you, just wondering if the bots 'type' a 'Hi' or 'Hi hru' then leave cause that's what's happening with a lot of my guests lately, they come in, type something then i type an answer but they gone right away or shortly after they said something. Crazy!

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,449 Times in 1,083 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

HollyJadexxx Both posts are spot on. You said it well!! I'm just trying to figure out what to do. But unlivable wages has been for the past year and a half here. My husband has been the breadwinner and he's got to be tired of it. I need a miracle.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mare For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I feel ya Mare! My Husband is a Chef and makes decent money but Chefs in NYC aren't paid enough to pay everything themselves. Since we got married three years ago, I have paid about 60%-80% of the bills. The sad thing is, I WANT to go back to work. I have great education and GREAT experience and typically make 3x what my Husband does when I work vanilla jobs. However, SM has been so damn unstable this month that I now have about $3k in bills that HAVE to be paid by the end of the month. So, for now, I am stuck on SM hoping for a miracle so I can go back to work next month and make a decent living.

35. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thank God my son is working too otherwise i dont know what i would do here, i forced myself working for soo many years that i got sick from all the stress, i expected it to happen somehow, it was simply too much, i was pushing myself soo hard till son finished his studies and was able to get a job. Now i have him to back me up but God, it's still very difficult to deal with the deadness & low income on SM. Happy i am healthy now!

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Duh Re: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

9-3e.JPG9-3to.JPG9-10e.JPG9-10to.JPG9-17e.JPG9-17to.JPG9-24e.JPG9-24to.JPG10-1e.JPG10-1to.JPG

9/3 31%
    9/10 25%
    9/17 17%
    9/24 26%
    10/1 28%
    10/8 6%

Something is most definitely going on this week. Normally, there is a little dip around the middle of the month but nothing explains this. My average all throughout July and August was 30%+ then in September it started dipping and has continued to dip (the only reason for the slight spike for weeks 9/24 & 10/1 was due to two old regulars who did SUPER LONG block sessions and have since disappeared again).

What do you ladies think? Summer slow down is over... these numbers are far worse than the summer numbers. Do your weekly times online also show a gradual decline since September?

39. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Bots are real and people have been complaining about it for years.
    Recorded shows and girls on loop are also real (see attached model complaints)
    Traffic is down and has gradually continued falling since 2010 (this is why bots were introduced)

Monthly Traffic:
    March 2010 144M (SM at it's PEAK)
    May 2011 58M
    April 2012 46M
    March 2014 41M
    March 2015 7.42M
    March 2016 3.56M
    August 2017 4.39M

Bounce Rate is 37%

smallegation1.JPGsmallegation2.JPGsmbs.JPGsmtraffic.JPG

Inserted links include:
    Customer complaints about being charged for shows that they never received and were not even on line during the time. Customer complaints about CC theft. Model complaints on Streams being recorded and used on loop after they left the site (mostly done by the studio they signed up with). Instructions on how to record a models show, sign up for SM using stolen IDs and how to play recordings on loop. Etc.

https://mycamgirl.net/behind-the-sce...ts-on-camsites
    https://www.dailydot.com/crime/ewhor...-camgirl-show/
    https://www.ambercutie.com/forums/th...reamate.27481/
    https://amanda36c.wordpress.com/2014...camgirls-gone/
    https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...m-c444119.html
    https://www.complaintsboard.com/comp...m-c276109.html

41. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,530 Times in 699 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by Genoveve View Post
    ^^Have you tried different browsers? Are other cam sites working for you?

My friend had an issue where the broadcaster was disconnecting her every 3 minutes, it ended up being from a software update that she had to uninstall to fix the issue.
    Yes I've tried other browsers and everything is working streaming on Cams. Its still not working today

Thanks
    Thanked 5,585 Times in 1,635 Posts

Has anyone been getting complaints of no sound and their cam/feed freezing?

44. The Following User Says Thank You to Blovely For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,569 Times in 1,882 Posts
    My Mood
    Bored

This isn't a Streamate specific vent, but I hate delicate findoms. I have a guy who's a regular who has recently acted interested in findom. First show earlier this week I started him off easy...managed to get $200 out of him as an icebreaker. Today he comes back and says he wants to do it again and I only manage to get $25 out of him before he flees with his tail between his legs. No dude...$25 ain't gonna cut it if you want findom. Get the hell outta here with that shit.

46. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SoloDesire For This Useful Post: