Thread: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 389 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Default Re: The Streamate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by MelindaDeaner View Post
    Oh wow! I had one model a few weeks ago on the IMLive thread reply to my comment about no traffic & freeloaders on there that I should think about raising my rates on there that I would be surprised of the better paying clientele I could get on there and that the cheap freeloaders would all leave my room if I did. And since it has worked for you on SM I think I will raise my rate as well on both of those sites. It's not like I have anything to loose doing so anyway. Thanks for that tid bit!
    It’s comedy how soon as you raise your rates it ruffles the feathers of the cheapskates and they complain. As I said before, cam shows and cam girls are a luxury that not all men can afford and that’s ok but I refuse to let them guilt me into lowering my rates. I offer companionship, fantasy and quality entertainment with a decades worth of experience and I’m toally accepting that what one man views as too expensive another finds just right.
    Instagram @alltheface - Twitter @alltheface

2. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to christylive For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 545 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Default Re: STREAMATE - Venting, Complaining, Discussing site issues

I can't frigging stream as I just immediately get disconnected so finally I said eff it and I'm trying Cams instead

Thanks

Oh this is a fucking joy... I love sitting here listening to people ding in and out of free chat. I also love it when someone starts a convo with me, takes up 5-10 minutes of time and finally asks if I do/have what he wants, learns that I don't and then leaves. Is it that hard to just come in and say 'do you have corsets?' 'do you do anal?''do you have xyz?' BEFORE chatting for 5-10 minutes and wasting my time?
    BIGD16: Hey
    How are you
    I'm pretty good
    Where you from
    Midwest
    Just got home from work
    Not to bad
    Any corsets

FUCK

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

hopgoodenia (invisible): hi
    where u from?
    hopgoodenia (invisible): me too
    like NY?
    ok
    i wish i could get to know u
    are u single?
    ok
    because i am looking for a gf or fwb

** you know i went off. this is not a hookup site or dating site, this is our JOB! If you're on here looking for someone to fuck or date, you're wasting your time!**

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,384 Times in 389 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJaydeXXX View Post
    hopgoodenia (invisible): hi
    where u from?
    hopgoodenia (invisible): me too
    like NY?
    ok
    i wish i could get to know u
    are u single?
    ok
    because i am looking for a gf or fwb

** you know i went off. this is not a hookup site or dating site, this is our JOB! If you're on here looking for someone to fuck or date, you're wasting your time!**

This is my chat room every time I log in now. I have a feeling there’s advertisement on a dating site someplace claiming they can meet and fuck us. Has to be. In the 4 years I’ve been on the sinking ship it’s never been this outta control with bs like this
    Instagram @alltheface - Twitter @alltheface

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to christylive For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 14,085 Times in 7,391 Posts
    My Mood
    Angry

Anyone else having login issues?
    It's not password prob, just takes so long to load rn

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

I was just excited to see some BBW's doing well in the contest today. I really liked when they mixed up the contest and rewarded us for hours worked rather than than this format of top earners. I make enough for myself but I am never in that top 200. I'm fine with what I make, and I would appreciate being rewarded for the contributions I do make to the site after 2 and a half years bringing them money. The contest format as it is literally does nothing for me. I'll always do my best and look for ways to improve, it just does nothing to motivate me which I assume is the contests intended purpose.

12. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AlyssaJane For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I noticed that as well! It goes to show that there is a large fan base for the BBW community and that definitely is shown on SM. Last contest I was in the Top 200 but got pushed out during the last few hours (it was that weird 2x48 hr. contest thing awhile back) however, I do know I could have ranked top 200 had I put the hours in (I probably only did 8-12 hrs. during the 48 hr. contest). However, I do not like the contests because I feel like we are fighting harder for what little traffic is currently available and so many more models log in when it is a contest.
    I know that they were not promoting yesterday, I could see that i my traffic (free chat guests & potential members was cut nearly in half) and I was hoping that they would really start pushing in the traffic today for the contest but it seems like they are not. My potential members is 1/3 of what it typically is and my free chat guests are far and few between. I think running a contest when traffic is slow is a little redundant, but that is just me.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Mellow

I can't really say if the lack of traffic is because SM slow or if it's because I've slacked off camming the past few weeks. Just sheer free chat exhaustion. I've been focusing on Niteflirt just for my sanity because entertaining in free chat was just wearing me out, affecting my attitude and affecting my ability to close sales. I'm feeling much better tho, it will be interesting to see if my traffic/quality of traffic increases as my time worked does.

Also gaining weight is like the best thing I've ever done. Now I have all the belly fetish guys and they pay top $$ for it.

Thanks

No, it's slow honey. The holiday weekend has made the last few days intolerable. I normally make about $700 a week if I put in around 18-22 hours, so I expect $350 in a 8-12 hour day and I have put in 8 hours in the last day and made $67. Now keep in mind, my placement is good and stream health is excellent.
    I don't know why it is so slow but I certainly hope they fix it.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

The sad thing is, I was starting to think that maybe I was quitting the site/camming too soon. Thinking maybe I can just be more consistent, work more hours etc. and try a little bit longer. I hoped that maybe things were picking up. I had a good week or two and thought that maybe that would happen again. Now, when weeks like this happen, it really reminds me of why I wanted to go back to vanilla work.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HollyJaydeXXX View Post
    No, it's slow honey. The holiday weekend has made the last few days intolerable. I normally make about $700 a week if I put in around 18-22 hours, so I expect $350 in a 8-12 hour day and I have put in 8 hours in the last day and made $67. Now keep in mind, my placement is good and stream health is excellent.
    I don't know why it is so slow but I certainly hope they fix it.
    I am several sites at 1 time and they all r VERY SLOW it is crazy..

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ChrissyAnn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,234 Times in 545 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

I am on day three of being unable to stream as it immediately disconnects me. Support hasn't replied
    Last edited by SuperPookie; 10-11-2017 at 03:22 PM. Reason: Spelling

Thanks
    Thanked 6,351 Times in 2,124 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

^^Have you tried different browsers? Are other cam sites working for you?

My friend had an issue where the broadcaster was disconnecting her every 3 minutes, it ended up being from a software update that she had to uninstall to fix the issue.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,487 Times in 3,471 Posts

My placement is inexplicably good today after weeks of being buried (nothing has changed on my end) and still almost no traffic. It's so hard to stay online, ugh!

24. The Following User Says Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks

$95 in 9 Hours
    Shit on Toast
    Fuck
    Makes last weeks $38/hr avg look like HEAVEN

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 552 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by MelindaDeaner View Post
    In regards to someone that recently considered that SM most likely has a majority of bots now as members....Well, I just had a Skype show with one of my Indy customers today & he gave me an almost 3 page list of all the cam girls he has interacted w/ on SM and caught on that they were all "pre-recorded" cam shows of models...not live shows and that they do not talk to you live, they have loud music playing, & someone on the receiving in only types to that member to reply & u can tell the pre-recorded videos as they all dup over and over. (now I mention, I saw a cam girl on the 1st page a couple weeks ago that I for sure thought was a pre-recorded video of her as well!) Also, he believes that possibly it's all SM setting up these fake pre-recorded cam girl shows. Or like it's all done at a call center type thing. He also said that some of these alleged cam girl models (profile) on SM will also use the same exact cam rooms as the other model) So that being said, whoever 1st thought of all the members & group of members all popping in and out of everyone's rooms all at the exact same time and the member counter etc. being all bot's nowadays just may very well be true! Wow! smh So where is everyone going now for a new main site to work on to make income? I am exhausting myself day in and day out trying to find a new cam site to work on....so I am up for any and all suggestions that would be helpful to me!
    What is the purpose of the bots? Is that why we're seeing the constant in and out?

Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 552 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by Blovely View Post
    Like the other ladies its not just you. I got so annoyed with people popping in and out, not talking, or leaving in the middle of a convo that I put an option on my tip list to tip for my attention. These guys aren't even staying around after they've tipped for my attention. Like after they've tipped I try to make convo with them with normal chit chat like Hi, how are you? They answer that but as soon as I ask them what are they up to or what brings them by they leave. I'm like wtf because those are basic ass question and its not even like I was even pushing a private on them yet. Like shit I can't even ask what they're up to, what brings them by or what they're interested in???? Like I'm really confused on what I should say at this point.
    Yep. I try and make small talk, "How's your day going?" They leave. Ok, then fuck you, loser.

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BadBitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,463 Times in 2,557 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by BadBitch View Post
    Yep. I try and make small talk, "How's your day going?" They leave. Ok, then fuck you, loser.
    Thats why i gave up talking its damed if you damed if u don't . act like a human being and treat them like a human being they leave act like a slut and ur fake . you can't win with these guys anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

31. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yes, I’m pretty sure they do have bots. Why? Well, so we will think it’s busy/there is traffic/potential members/etc. and stick it out and keep giving them 65-80% of the money WE EARN FOR THEM.
    I’ve seen two page one Models have full blown nervous breakdowns, ranting and crying in the last two days. Girls are realizing how fucked up it is that if we pull in $1000, we see $200-$350 of it and the remaining $650-$800 goes directly into Streamates pocket... like a bad pimp. We deal with tech issues, lack of support, lack of advertisement, quality issues, etc. yet, they get most of the money.
    Now, if there are people or bots coming in and out of our room constantly, we assume there is traffic and there just HAS to be money to be made if we are patient. This, of course, is my assumption because there is no other logical reason other than to deceive models. I think SM has been hurting financially for awhile. I think there are so many cam sites now and anyone can go sit on Chaturbate/MFC/etc and get off for free. For girls to stick with SM, keep advertising the site and keep the money rolling in, they needed to give the appearance of an influx of traffic. This is achieved with bots.
    Now, regarding recorded shows and girls on loop... I wouldn’t doubt it. When you sign up with SM, you sign an agreement stating that they have permission to use your name, image and likeliness in any way they want. If they record your shows and sell them on the site via the “My Videos” tab (which they 100% do), you signed an agreement giving them permission to do so. If they want to post your videos on Tube Sites, they own them and you’re request to get them removed will be denied.
    Maybe it’s just me, but I think I’ve learned a lot about this industry in the past 7 years and I think SM is a LOT shadier than most of us think. I also think they have much more control over our individual room traffic/earnings/etc than we all realize.
    Yes, there are good days and bad days. Yes there are slow days and busy days. BUT, just remember that every single thing they do is to make money for them, not us. Contests, updates, features... its enticing us to sell for them.

33. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks

And please excuse my rant ^^ I know I’ve been super negative on here lately but so have many models. I’ve really tried to be more positive/post in camming rocks with some kind of good thing to say about camming but a lot of us are getting fed up. For anyone who has a mortgage/rent, car Payment, insurance payments, grocery bills, etc. this income is not stable nor livable anymore... especially after you take away 37% for taxes. I can’t work 40 Hours a week and make $700 one week and $200 the next. I don’t know many people who can.
    It’s been oddly slow and if I hadn’t just spent 10 Hours sitting in free chat, hearing people ding in and out, demanding shit from me and treating me like garbage I wouldn’t be so critical. All I know is that for the time I put into this site, my 30% feels like I’m being used. The issues raised by other models regarding traffic, bots, recorded shows, etc. is just the icing on the cake.

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to HollyJaydeXXX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,378 Times in 1,555 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by BadBitch View Post
    That's exactly why I stopped interacting with them unless or until they tipped at least 1 gold or went pvt. I know this method won't work and isn't for everyone but its what I started doing. I've always had guys waste my time and leave when asked for a tip/private that's just the nature of freechat but at least 1-2 out of 5 would tip or go private.

I dunna wtf happened to these guys around during Nov/Dec but it seemed like as soon as Trump got in office a new culture flooded these camsites. When guys actually stayed in my room long enough to talk they ended up leaving when I got to like my second line of chit chat/hustle. After about 3 weeks of that bullshit I started ignoring everyone even regs (because they were pulling the same bullshit) unless they tipped. I just couldn't take guys; popping in and out, not talking, completely ignoring me, complaining about tech issues, leaving in the middle of a conversation and leaving after they said they'd go private. On top of all of I was earning dam near minimum wage because no one wanted to tip or private, they just wanted to play Ding Dong Ditch - Cam Edition. I will say that what I described minus the minimum wage is something that I always experienced (its the nature of freechat) but in all my years of camming I never ever experienced that much fuckery at that volume especially for weeks on end. It use to be like every few people would waste my time but after Nov/Dec it was dam near every single person. What made it even worse was that it wasn't just Streamate the same thing was happening on Imlive and Cams as well. I had to change up my camstyle because I was starting to really hate getting on cam which was making me depress and I even cried a few times (I rarely ever cry over things) because I didn't want to log on.

I don't even do traditional cam anymore (log on for 4-6 or however many hours, smile into the camera, try to talk to everyone/be engaging and alluring). Now I just turn on my cam and leave it on while I edit clips, watch tv, do online research, etc. I just don't have the patience or care to sit on cam for 4-6hrs anymore and give these guys my undivided attention....nope, nope, nope not for them to take up my time and leaving without tipping or pvt. There's been a few times where I've tried to do traditional camming again (on SM, Cams and IL) and it was the same bullshit....guys popping in and out, guys not talking, guys leaving in the middle of a conversation, guys leaving after they said they wanted to go pvt.....just completely wasting my time to the max. I was like fuck this I'm going back to ignoring every single one of you. Like I literally just can't anymore..........

Now at least if they don't go pvt after taking up my time I'm not totally assed out... 35% of 1-5 gold is way better than 0. They can small talk all they want but I ain't hearing it unless or until they tip or go pvt. I may loose out on pvts/customers but at this point its not like I was doing better when I was actually giving them attention for free. I'm much happier and able to get more done now that I basic said F traditional camming. If traffic (quality traffic that is) ever comes back I'll go back to how I use to cam but until that happens I'm paying everyone dust unless they pay me.
    Last edited by Blovely; 10-12-2017 at 09:00 AM.

37. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Blovely For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,463 Times in 2,557 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Thats pretty much how i feel and do now but u worded it so much better =^y^=
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

39. The Following User Says Thank You to Snowy0Star For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,556 Times in 1,126 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

What the heck is the deal with the guys here lately? They seem to want to either just sit in chatroom for a while not saying anything or will come in right away and demand to see tits and when I tell them that I'd be happy to show them in exclusive, they leave. Right away someone with a similar screen name will enter my room with a "show tits bb". I just sit there like,"Uh, is this the same person?" and right afterwards, similar screen name(ie. bigdick2, bigdick22, bigdick002) with same request. It's been happening in 3's today. Right after that I got three similar screen names like assman, asslover, asslover1 log on and off, one after another asking to see my ass. That can't be just coincidence.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WendiStarr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,411 Times in 1,597 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by WendiStarr View Post
    What the heck is the deal with the guys here lately? They seem to want to either just sit in chatroom for a while not saying anything or will come in right away and demand to see tits and when I tell them that I'd be happy to show them in exclusive, they leave. Right away someone with a similar screen name will enter my room with a "show tits bb". I just sit there like,"Uh, is this the same person?" and right afterwards, similar screen name(ie. bigdick2, bigdick22, bigdick002) with same request. It's been happening in 3's today. Right after that I got three similar screen names like assman, asslover, asslover1 log on and off, one after another asking to see my ass. That can't be just coincidence.
    In one of the recent threads, there was speculation that SM might have bots going into our chatrooms, making the site look busier. It would be both hilarious and sad if the bots were asking for freebies XD

43. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to seashell For This Useful Post: