Page 1499 of 1537 FirstFirst ... 499999139914491489149714981499150015011509 ... LastLast
Results 37,451 to 37,475 of 38411

Thread: The Streamate Thread

Thanks

Default Re: The Streamate Thread

The man who nearly killed me and my girlfriend found and met her through a camsite.

Name:  discord.JPG
Views: 247
Size:  159.4 KB

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TooNiceToHustle For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,413 Times in 1,487 Posts

I definitely feel privileged right now. This is structural racism at work. I’m sorry ladies.

I know SM is easier it terms of not advertising, but you might be able to make much more if you work independently. I need to start looking at other sites to, so I don’t become dependent on SM as my main source of income.
    Last edited by moneybags; 04-16-2021 at 12:22 PM.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Jeeezzzuuuussss... Just when I was thinking about going back to Streamate as a domme after I heal from my hysterectomy I pop in and read all of this. I'm so sorry ladies - this is all absolute crap. These sites never change or improve, they just get worse and worse and harder to work. I don't understand why they can't just leave well enough alone if things are working and everyone is making money. They are always trying "changes" to see if they can make more while screwing us all in the process.... I'm just hoping this bites them in the ass too.

Guess I'll get back online and keep looking for a shitty vanilla job that will barely cover my mortgage.... It's hard watching an industry that lifted me out of poverty/debt and enabled me to actually buy a home just crash and burn like this.

Good luck to all of you....

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JustMilfnAround For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 666 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Just going to point out that by next year you may not want to be considered an USA model, we may be all considered employees. But then you could strike. I’m big into the labor movement but we are not employees and what is your bargaining with a strike? I am not saying you aren’t in the right, just that they have no obligation not to remove us from the site whenever they want. It is all in the TOS.

The MasterCard decision does I’m sure have something to do with this. False identification could be a problem as well as having employees monitoring our streams who are fluent in another language. Independent camming will be effected more then the big box sites.

The 30/35 needs to be addressed ASAP regardless, it is just discriminatory

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Hello again. I agree with the 30/35 and is like that, discriminatory. The scam ( can be done worldwide) or the chargebacks can be covered with the percentage they get. And before they were doing the thing like sending the french traffic to France, brazilians to Brasil and so on, guess maybe they want to do the same with the other languages/countries. So if they want to send Spanish traffic to all the spanish speakers, well, Idk but can be very chaotic because like someone mentioned before, the majority are freeloaders, non spenders and so on... Im bilingual so spanish is one of them. So imagine have to rely from this traffic from now on.. we can start earning way less. In the old days, I used to have french and some german customers, gooood spenders, but since Sm started to send this traffic mostly to their native speakers, I almost never again got people from there so it affected my income. Now, if they want to do this with the other countries, well, I dont wanna imagine. Since changes, my earnings went lower and they think my rates are unfair cuz I belong to a country where currency is different than dollar. Changing my country before helped me to get better customers, more shows and better/fair high rates, now: Do u speak english? Do this for me now° so agressive, then the quality of clients went to shit. Im already on a few indy sites but income is once in a while. Im not a top earner but before changes 150$ day, now? 40$ in these last 3 days. Is just frustrating. Lets see if the site has been slow because all these changes and can go back to normal soon. This week slow plus next one running a contest? Oh well.

10. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to AcidYellow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by TooNiceToHustle View Post
    The man who nearly killed me and my girlfriend found and met her through a camsite.

Is this real post? Where's the message coming from? Please PM

12. The Following User Says Thank You to CamModel95 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 18,379 Times in 5,955 Posts

They're saying they've reactivated my old account, but they're including "XXX" in my name. Wtf. Yeah, um...NO, that's not happening. I want the same name I use on all my other sites...even if they have to make some of the letters uppercase. I'm not offering dildo penetration shows like I used to...vibrator will be the only toy I use. I don't want want triple XXX in my name. *Eye roll* If this is something they won't work with me on, I'll just stick to MyFreeCams and ManyVids Live like I've been doing.
    https://twitter.com/yummybrownfox

"This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way." - Tim McManus on HBO's Oz

Thanks

It's on the sm discord

15. The Following User Says Thank You to liquidsilk For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Luckygoldfish View Post
    Correct.
    However there is still choice of near by countries or countries with similar languages
    Vpn won’t work anymore
    I had it since January though when I created new account lol so got used to the fact already plus it didn’t affect my earning at all that I can’t choose USA anymore.
    There is a choice of near by countries but not countries with same language!!!! All nearby countries in my case speak completely different languages
    Last edited by Lolaki; 04-16-2021 at 02:16 PM.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 573 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AcidYellow View Post
    Hello again. I agree with the 30/35 and is like that, discriminatory. The scam ( can be done worldwide) or the chargebacks can be covered with the percentage they get. And before they were doing the thing like sending the french traffic to France, brazilians to Brasil and so on, guess maybe they want to do the same with the other languages/countries. So if they want to send Spanish traffic to all the spanish speakers, well, Idk but can be very chaotic because like someone mentioned before, the majority are freeloaders, non spenders and so on... Im bilingual so spanish is one of them. So imagine have to rely from this traffic from now on.. we can start earning way less. In the old days, I used to have french and some german customers, gooood spenders, but since Sm started to send this traffic mostly to their native speakers, I almost never again got people from there so it affected my income. Now, if they want to do this with the other countries, well, I dont wanna imagine. Since changes, my earnings went lower and they think my rates are unfair cuz I belong to a country where currency is different than dollar. Changing my country before helped me to get better customers, more shows and better/fair high rates, now: Do u speak english? Do this for me now° so agressive, then the quality of clients went to shit. Im already on a few indy sites but income is once in a while. Im not a top earner but before changes 150$ day, now? 40$ in these last 3 days. Is just frustrating. Lets see if the site has been slow because all these changes and can go back to normal soon. This week slow plus next one running a contest? Oh well.
    Same to ALL of this, I requested to have a location change like a month a go, they denied it saying: try to use the other countries that appear on the list: ok right, I speak english and spanish both fluently, nothing else, the other countries on my list are Italy, Portugal, Germany, WTF? I don't speak these languages, i tried to switch for a while to France, i got mostly FRENCH customers and guess how many, it was draining to try to use the translator every freaking time they said a word lmao, so i got back to my original location, see whats crazy here is that not even the country from my ID appears on the list, which is fine, cause they have that country blocked since I work on this site, years a years back, there's no traffic from this country at all since the site opened. I don't really think a petition would work, cause I'm really starting to think that they are doing this for legal reasons so I'm trying to promote my cammodel link more bla bla and ofc It's been years since i do Indy shows which help but hey, it's not the same anymore. Also, It would be really nice if SM added a spoken language feature, that could fix a bit of our problems.

But honestly, this discriminatory % needs to end, we all deserve equal %! we all pay taxes! It doesn't matter if someone is paying less rent, food, services or whatever, that's not an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by KittenGirl View Post
    Girl I'm so sorry you're dealing with this. If you feel like Streamate has used and abused you for the last time I would definitely look into other options. I understand your frustration, and you have EVERY RIGHT to feel that way.

I'm in the US, so I'm very fortunate. However, seeing how poorly my fellow girls are getting treated is unacceptable to me. I've been considering going solo for a while and I finally made the jump to do it.

You see, where I live, my state takes an additional 10% of taxes because I'm an independent contractor. So I pay 35% in taxes. So with what streamate takes from me (65%), for every $1 a customer pays me I actually don't make a damn cent. That's why my rates had to be so high.

But have you considered going solo? I had a lot of regulars find me on social media (I didn't give out my name, they just found me) and I was finally able to cater to a fetish i actually enjoy and so do they; pissing shows and videos. I made $300 in 2 hours.

Have you considered trying to go solo? Regardless, I wish you so much luck. I'm slowly getting off streamate.
    Thank you xoxo Ya we all pay diff ammounts in taxes, I can completely understand you girls, I have family in the US and i know how expensive can be, I've always been really happy you girls get 35% We just wish we could have that extra 5% for US also
    I do skype shows, sell vids, etc. But SM is my main site, for now, cause that might change very soon.
    Get paid Daily on all of your camming and content websites, you no longer have to wait 15-30 days to get paid: --> find out how it works: https://admin.boleynmodels.com/ref?p...Token=MzMwNg==

19. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to MsJess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

[QUOTE=MsJess;3222336]This, THIS!!!! so bad !!
    WE also pay taxes, why not give us an equal treatment to all of us hard working models?
    We ALL deserve american traffic, why show only american models first in the US when you could make a mix, like always?
    European traffic is horrible, not only they spend very little but they don't have the propper manners or cam etiquette, we have to start all over bu training this guys, trying to explain the same stuff over and over and this is consuming
    If I'm gonna have to start over, I rather start somewhere else that doesn't discriminate me like this and gives me less money just cebause I'm from CO/RO or PH.
    I've been in this site since 2005 and I'm actually starting to feel like i have to leave it for good (I know very well they don't care), I'd like to go to a site that treats us better, i have a TON of favourites and that's what's been halping me, I've been making money from my all time regs, out of 100% of my members 5-10% are new guys coming into my chat, that's giving me very low chances to have new regs or whales. This has to change.
    I read one of you saying we should stop logging in, yeah but what about the thousands of models working from a studio, they will never stop logging in and if there's one model wanting to stop logging for a while, another new one will come. We are disposable and replaceable for this sites.

I was also one of them who said that. And I didn't mean it like a "revenge". I said it mostly because as you mentioned, if I have to start over, I'd rather start over on a new site that is treating us equally, not making discriminations and dont ruin our business all out of the sudden. If I have to built a new online persona and start from strach, why do it somewhere where I have already established my self and they took it way from me?
    I hate that I have to face this change, especially during a pandemic that is limiting my options.But mostly I refuse to work anymore for those who did not respect me and my small contribution in earnings on their platform. Those who make those decisions that affect our lives need to double check before they implement something new, even ask our opinions. Not value only their customers but their partners as well. Even in vanilla industrιes, happy employes/partners, bring more happy customers/spenders.
    So yes, staying away from this platform for a while untill things change or leaving it for good and find a new one, is the only option they give me. I know different people have different opinions and I value all of them. Everyone knows what is best for themselves and if you feel like you want to work for their profit even after they have treated us like that, is your choice. I have made my decision, no matter how hard is going to be.
    Beyond earnings it has to do with our dignity after all. I feel that if I keep working for/with those who treated me like I am disposable not valuable to them, I will lose my dignity and no, I won't give them the satisfuction that they "will play the piano and I ll dance"..
    Last edited by Lolaki; 04-16-2021 at 03:23 PM.

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lolaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CamModel95 View Post
    Is this real post? Where's the message coming from? Please PM
    I cannot give the invite as it is a private server, but if you go to your messages from streamate from Feb 24th there is a mesage titled "Streamate Models Refresher" and the link is in the last section.
    Alternatively email support to send it to you, if you didn't work there yet in Feb.

I had permission to share from my gf who is the OP.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to TooNiceToHustle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by TooNiceToHustle View Post

AMAZING ������well done

25. The Following User Says Thank You to KittenGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by JustMilfnAround View Post
    Jeeezzzuuuussss... Just when I was thinking about going back to Streamate as a domme after I heal from my hysterectomy I pop in and read all of this. I'm so sorry ladies - this is all absolute crap. These sites never change or improve, they just get worse and worse and harder to work. I don't understand why they can't just leave well enough alone if things are working and everyone is making money. They are always trying "changes" to see if they can make more while screwing us all in the process.... I'm just hoping this bites them in the ass too.

Guess I'll get back online and keep looking for a shitty vanilla job that will barely cover my mortgage.... It's hard watching an industry that lifted me out of poverty/debt and enabled me to actually buy a home just crash and burn like this.

Good luck to all of you....
    Don't give up! Go independent!!! Literally! I use to be a Domme and made way more money off cam sites! There's still hope. YOU can really be your own boss!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KittenGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I generally love SM, but ever since the beginning ( I started camming in 2020 nov) it has been hurting me and I've been thinking about why our work (models from tier II countries) "worth less" then other performers' work? It's discriminatory and very unfair, because we are also doing our best every day, investing in camming stuff, paying taxes, paying for living etc.
    I think we shouldnt be treated as potential scammers just because we were born in a country with a bad reputation.

In addition, my country has the highest VAT rate in the world, so I wouldnt say that life is cheaper in these countries...

I also support the idea of the petition, we have to work together for this goal. I hope our voices will be heard, and this 30/35% will change!

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LeilaB For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,890 Times in 1,881 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

What bothers me, is that they are comparing a country with 300 million people and 50 states, with countries who have like 20-30 mil people.
    Yes, ok, you set your country as US, but it doesn't show the state, which vary, from California to Florida. While, in the rest of the world, things are different and very on spot, which makes it more dangerous for the models.

I'm out from SM, for good. I left Jasmin, left Imlive... Ifriends left me, lol. Time to give a big middle finger to SM. They can suck a dick with their shit comission and shit policies. They were already discriminating me, with the 30% rate.
    * Me, everytime a member has 100 requests in freechat, like he's at a 5 Stars All Inclusive Holiday Resort *

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Cutie101 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 443 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Yeaaaah. If you are from the US and you say you live in Florida but you live in LA, its okay, but when another model says she lives in Belgium,while she is from Romania, its false advertising? The distance is smaller. LOL.

I know a lot of US models usually just say ' west/east coast' 'south' or something like that. And those areas are about as big as the whole of the European Union.

33. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Cutie101 View Post
    What bothers me, is that they are comparing a country with 300 million people and 50 states, with countries who have like 20-30 mil people.
    Yes, ok, you set your country as US, but it doesn't show the state, which vary, from California to Florida. While, in the rest of the world, things are different and very on spot, which makes it more dangerous for the models.

You go girl! That's a great attitude. This whole thread inspired me to start investing more time into my own business endeavor. This was a terrible move on SMs part. And considering how many times we've voiced our frustrations that constantly go ignored it shows how truly little they care about us.
    I'm out from SM, for good. I left Jasmin, left Imlive... Ifriends left me, lol. Time to give a big middle finger to SM. They can suck a dick with their shit comission and shit policies. They were already discriminating me, with the 30% rate.
    You go girl. That's the great attitude to have! Honestly this entire thread has only inspired me to ignite my independent work more. Considering how often we write them, and how much we get ignored, they clearly don't care about us.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,963 Times in 1,543 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Cant help myself for asking this here: what petition u talking about guys, what will u ask for, the extra 5% they never give to us for years no matter how much we complained or 'i wanna be able to pick my favorite location and lie to your customers like til now'?!?! Seriously now....
    I am in the same boat with all of u, u dont wanna know how my last days on cam have been but i try to stay real, they wont change things in our favor, not these specific things i mentioned above.

ETA: just seen this email from support, exactly as i said, they speak about 'member dissatisfaction' first of all and how they want to 'restore it'.

"Last week we made a security update that prevents performers from changing their listed location by altering their IP address. We would like to remind our performers that if you wish to hide the country you are from, we have provided the "Display Country" option that lets you choose which country viewers see as your location. The country options that are available are carefully selected to match your current country's region, language, or culture in some way. This allows you the privacy of hiding your current location with a believable fantasy for your viewers. To use this option, find the "My Profile" section of your account dashboard and click the "Edit Display Country" link.

Previously, your IP address was used to find your current location and to generate appropriate Display Country options. However, since IP addresses can be manipulated this presented a security issue. We also noticed growing member dissatisfaction in cases where members could tell a model was not from the listed location. To restore member trust and to fix the security issue, we decided a change was needed. Going forward, your location and your available Display Country options will be based on the country listed on your most recently submitted photo ID, and not on your IP address. Since this change was made, we have already seen a return to previous member activity levels and are receiving fewer reports of member dissatisfaction.

If you have been altering your IP address to access different locations, you will no longer be able to do so. We encourage you to use the available Display Country options if you want to change your listed location.

If the country listed on your account is no longer accurate, you will need to obtain a new photo ID with your updated location, then contact support and they will help you update your profile.

Streamate Models Support"
    Last edited by KatM; 04-16-2021 at 03:13 PM. Reason: added SM email

36. The Following User Says Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

[QUOTE=MsJess;3222426] I don't really think a petition would work, cause I'm really starting to think that they are doing this for legal reasons so I'm trying to promote my cammodel link more bla bla

If they are doing it for legal reasons, why they didnt communicate us the truth? Think they are shy, or what?

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lolaki For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 443 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Its that models want to protect their location. When you come from a small country its better to use another display loc.

Lying to customers? Excuse me? Cam customers who value your real location are not cam customers, they are looking for an escort. We are on the internet. Its not like we owe them personal information?

Good guys who are a fan of cam shows and pay serious money for them know they are not entitled to personal info and they also know we lie sometimes to protect our privacy.

And again, they are going by ID now. So their argument of 'member dissatisfaction' does not hold up. You can be from any country from the world, live there and be raised there but as long as you have a US/UK/other passport you will be listed as USA? Even if you are on the other side of the world? These members really care that much about where your parents were born......?

It doesn't make any sense, at all.

40. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,374 Times in 573 Posts

[QUOTE=Lolaki;3222446]
    Quote Originally Posted by MsJess View Post
    I don't really think a petition would work, cause I'm really starting to think that they are doing this for legal reasons so I'm trying to promote my cammodel link more bla bla

If they are doing it for legal reasons, why they didnt communicate us the truth? Think they are shy, or what?
    I know lol they might be shy, ugh, but hey what a coincidence!!!! they are not shy anymore!!!

SM message:

Last week we made a security update that prevents performers from changing their listed location by altering their IP address. We would like to remind our performers that if you wish to hide the country you are from, we have provided the "Display Country" option that lets you choose which country viewers see as your location. The country options that are available are carefully selected to match your current country's region, language, or culture in some way. This allows you the privacy of hiding your current location with a believable fantasy for your viewers. To use this option, find the "My Profile" section of your account dashboard and click the "Edit Display Country" link.

Previously, your IP address was used to find your current location and to generate appropriate Display Country options. However, since IP addresses can be manipulated this presented a security issue. We also noticed growing member dissatisfaction in cases where members could tell a model was not from the listed location. To restore member trust and to fix the security issue, we decided a change was needed. Going forward, your location and your available Display Country options will be based on the country listed on your most recently submitted photo ID, and not on your IP address. Since this change was made, we have already seen a return to previous member activity levels and are receiving fewer reports of member dissatisfaction.

If you have been altering your IP address to access different locations, you will no longer be able to do so. We encourage you to use the available Display Country options if you want to change your listed location.

If the country listed on your account is no longer accurate, you will need to obtain a new photo ID with your updated location, then contact support and they will help you update your profile.

Streamate Models Support
    Get paid Daily on all of your camming and content websites, you no longer have to wait 15-30 days to get paid: --> find out how it works: https://admin.boleynmodels.com/ref?p...Token=MzMwNg==

42. The Following User Says Thank You to MsJess For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,917 Times in 666 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

[QUOTE=Lolaki;3222446]
    Quote Originally Posted by MsJess View Post
    I don't really think a petition would work, cause I'm really starting to think that they are doing this for legal reasons so I'm trying to promote my cammodel link more bla bla

Because we are not their employees and it would be a poor legal decision to tell us anything about their legal matters. This isnít meant to be snarky, I just think we need to remember their actual obligations to us, and us to them. Doesnít mean we canít have opinions on the end result. Their lawyers or advisors seem to be very proactive, which is a reasonable business choice. They are well aware most of us work on other sites and independently.

44. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kamiliam For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraJade View Post
    Its that models want to protect their location. When you come from a small country its better to use another display loc.

Lying to customers? Excuse me? Cam customers who value your real location are not cam customers, they are looking for an escort. We are on the internet. Its not like we owe them personal information?

Good guys who are a fan of cam shows and pay serious money for them know they are not entitled to personal info and they also know we lie sometimes to protect our privacy.

And again, they are going by ID now. So their argument of 'member dissatisfaction' does not hold up. You can be from any country from the world, live there and be raised there but as long as you have a US/UK/other passport you will be listed as USA? Even if you are on the other side of the world? These members really care that much about where your parents were born......?

It doesn't make any sense, at all.
    Then ask them to hide your location completely that’s the only chance you guys stand. Like when instead of country it will be “ask me” like other sites do. Plus you do have different countries in your list , let’s be honest everyone is after traffic like all of us lol
    They won’t let ALL models choose location it’s absurd , imagine if everyone can do that then everyone will choose US/UK it will be chaos and won’t help traffic either as nearly EVERYONE has USA/UK . They won’t let u use vpn selectively as it’s not fair to other models who doesn’t know about vpn feature SM won’t do that.
    Let’s be realistic you want it to be like it was before that won’t happens besides you it’s thousands of models who didn’t use vpn feature if they were aware u wouldn’t have any priorities( on your opinion. as I still believe there is still great possibility to make $ with any location)
    PS: when I say you I don’t a actually mean you personally lol I generalised for those in panic
    Last edited by Luckygoldfish; 04-16-2021 at 04:21 PM.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luckygoldfish For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

Quote Originally Posted by Luckygoldfish View Post
    Then ask them to hide your location completely that’s the only chance you guys stand. Like when instead of country it will be “ask me” like other sites do.
    They won’t let ALL models choose location it’s absurd , imagine if everyone can do that then everyone will choose US/UK it will be chaos and won’t help traffic either . They won’t let u use vpn selectively as it’s not fair to other models who doesn’t know what these feature SM won’t do that.
    Let’s be realistic you want it to be like it was before that won’t happens besides you it’s thousands of models who didn’t use vpn feature if they were aware u wouldn’t have any priorities( on your opinion. as I still believe there is still great possibility to make $ with any location)
    Not completely true, because not everyone want/get used to work like that. As someone mentioned above, not everyone want to work like that cause give them stress.
    Also, although it would have been fair and nice, how is it possible to ask them to hide our location when they don't have that option so far? It is as impossible as to ask them to give us back our prior displaying countries (as you said)
    Last edited by Lolaki; 04-16-2021 at 06:17 PM.

48. The Following User Says Thank You to Lolaki For This Useful Post: