Page 1426 of 1462 FirstFirst ... 426926132613761416142414251426142714281436 ... LastLast
Results 35,626 to 35,650 of 36544

Thread: The Streamate Thread

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931 Times in 849 Posts

Default Re: The Streamate Thread

Quote Originally Posted by trixstarchik View Post
    I just started in the beginning of December and have a lot of questions. I'm doing reasonably well I think, as I am often on the first page when I'm broadcasting. But I can't raise my rate above 5.99... is there a wait period before you can charge more? And what is the deal with all the little features that don't seem to be anywhere in the site for me to use? Like.... a message saying "model is taking a short break"... or the tip menus for cups of coffee and whatever on your profile? Also, approximately how much are the contest winners making besides the prize? For example, a person ranked 300 in the whole thing.. how much are they pulling in to get ranked? Just trying to gauge whether I really have any chance of winning the contests. Cuz I feel like maybe I do (if I can be disciplined enough) but I could be severely misconceiving the whole scene. I was ranked 253 on the second day of the Christmas contest but then couldn't get back on so dropped out of any running.
    you can contact tech support to ask for a pause/break button. you may be able to request having your rates raised as well, though i can't remember if you actually have to be on the site for a certain amount of time, or have earned a certain amount of money, before they will grant you that. the "wishlist" tip thing you mentioned isn't available to all models yet. you can opt in to be selected to test new features in your settings/preferences.

as for contests, i saved a screenshot that someone posted around march of 2020, of one of the top models earnings for a week-long contest -- she worked all 7 days, 67 hours total, and made about $9500. i don't think she was #1 but probably top 5.

but don't let those insane numbers discourage you; those are outliers and most models don't make anywhere near that. now that SM awards the top 500 instead of just the top 200 like they used to, there's a much higher chance/better opportunity for placing and getting a prize, even if it's in the lower ranks. they're only counting your best three days for this one so it's hard to gauge until the end of the week, because a lot of models push to have their best days in the final parts of the week. i have worked three days so far (though only about 12 hours total - i'm planning to hustle tonight through friday for the 25 hours bonus) and am at around $700, and am just barely hanging in the top 500. but i hope to have at least one or two higher earning nights before the end of the week to boost my rank.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to anonamiss For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Okay so I instantly have a question about gold shows. It just happened that a guy tipped me a huge amount of gold before the show ( 40 gold). Then we started, tipped 2 more golds, and after 3 minutes he left. He didnt write a word while the show so I dont know if he didnt like or just his wife stepped in I got the money, but my question is, can he get it back somehow? Can he write to the support to give it back to him because he didnt like the show? Is it use to happen to you that a guy leaves the show he paid for?
    Last edited by LeilaB; 01-22-2021 at 05:52 AM.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,931 Times in 849 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LeilaB View Post
    Okay so I instantly have a question about gold shows. It just happened that a guy tipped me a huge amount of gold before the show ( 40 gold). Then we started, tipped 2 more golds, and after 3 minutes he left. He didnt write a word while the show so I dont know if he didnt like or just his wife stepped in I got the money, but my question is, can he get it back somehow? Can he write to the support to give it back to him because he didnt like the show? Is it use to happen to you that a guy leaves the show he payed for?
    streamate covers chargebacks so if there's ever an instance (other than straight fraud) where a guy wants a refund, you'll get to keep your money.

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to anonamiss For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,448 Times in 478 Posts

Reason left: 'User was disconnected manually' - does that mean the site disconnected him? Just curious

Thanks

Is position on the page based on ratings? Or is it other things? I'm normally like at least 2nd row but I'm on 4th today...

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HollyD View Post
    Is position on the page based on ratings? Or is it other things? I'm normally like at least 2nd row but I'm on 4th today...
    I think it's based on a mix of ratings, earnings p/h, conversion, hours online, paid % and whether you talk/they can detect a voice in free chat. I read an email support had replied with to someone about placement, on another forum.

Mine was all off for a bit when I started then when I took a break and logged back on, I went back to normal so it might just be with the contest and so many people online etc

Just to add: the email I saw shared did say that you don't have to be excelling in each of the points to rank high, you can be doing well with some but lacking somewhat in others, its more a mix of everything rather than them focusing on every single thing individually.
    Last edited by gbjenna; 01-20-2021 at 03:49 PM.

9. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gbjenna For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 581 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

If you a re /usually/ on the second row but you've dropped down (and you have a stable reference point) than more likley than not its a internet issue.
    Ratings numbers have a whole variant of different contributing factors (above me listed them best) but above all of those (the #1 factor) is internet stability. Ied say all of those factors about added together make up about %50 of the contributing factors and internet makes up the rest. I can literally go from first page to 5th on a cloudy day.

I usually restart my box and change the name of the router as it will knock off any hangers on stealth sucking up your bandwidth (tablets, tvs, cable boxes you've once used on the net, ect). My internet box name right now is 1872 lmao
    Americanmade18 on most sites.

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BuffyFlame For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

Do you have your rtt jumping in red at 544-800 range? Guess that means is the site doing maintenance as my speedtest is stable and fine.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I don't use Twitter much, but anyone drum up business there? If so, what hashtags bring the customers in? I feel it's a bunch of freeloaders on my Twitter.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by looklovely View Post
    I don't use Twitter much, but anyone drum up business there? If so, what hashtags bring the customers in? I feel it's a bunch of freeloaders on my Twitter.
    Not really a fan of twitter, however it's still a good tool to utilize as far as marketing your offerings. Twitter allows you to schedule tweets now too which means you don't have to log in often or at all even.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wealthmagnet For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,525 Times in 1,127 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ~Carmen~ View Post
    Is anyone else's bitrate dropping low into red tonight? It's stuck on 0.03. LOL My speedtest results are normal.
    yes.

and its slow lol I remember the last inauguration being super slow. obama just got into office when i started webcam... i feel old lmfao got my Biden shades on tho.

as far as twitter I quit using hashtags. twitter likes to shadowban when I use them and a lot don't even show up in the search

17. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Erika_Xstacy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,221 Times in 410 Posts
    My Mood
    Happy

Damn, why is it this slow? I literally go without people in my room for 5 whole mins

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AuroraJade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 21,067 Times in 10,885 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Yeah. I've had some traffic earlier, to me, yesterday was worse.

Blessed are They Who See Beautiful Things
    in Humble Places Where Other People see Nothing.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,542 Times in 581 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Does anyone know you you /have/ to use the music in the files they link to sm if you want to use non-copywritten music in your videos?

My house is really full this week and my husband is home from work, I want to play music in my speakers in the background to hide the ambient noise and talking and I have a few non-license playlists on Spotify I was going to play in the background, even when I'm in pvt (and then upload videos of the p
    Americanmade18 on most sites.

Thanks
    Thanked 3,938 Times in 1,535 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

^^^ In ur live cam u can play whatever music u like but if u record videos of live stream u need to play their licensed music.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to KatM For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 10,323 Times in 3,940 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by AuroraJade View Post
    Damn, why is it this slow? I literally go without people in my room for 5 whole mins
    That's why I took the rest of the day off.
    Sha

25. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss_ShaSha For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Yesterday night was quiet and now tonight is too. Where's all the people??

27. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyD For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

yes it was slow for me in the sense a lot of freeloaders/trolls and not many regs.
    i started great, but then my bit rate fell down, no one could see my stream and i had to restart 2 times. which never happens to me.
    and then the toy wouldn't connect.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_ShaSha View Post
    That's why I took the rest of the day off.
    you didnt miss much action sha lol

31. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigbum For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,179 Times in 1,088 Posts

I’m so glad I’ve learned not to get undress in under a minute. Can’t tell you how many guys go private and then leave in under a minute. I never show my pussy until after a few minutes foreplay. My reg dropped by, but other than that bunch of cheapskates. I haven’t worked in awhile, so I need to hit my medium goal before I even think of logging off.
    Focus more on what you want than on what you donít want

33. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to moneybags For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Dunno if it’s the site glitching or just the one customer as I’ve only had the one show so far, but the site kept kicking him out of private every minute. Happened about 10 times, luckily he was patient and just kept coming back in. Annoying.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jodyjensen For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jodyjensen View Post
    Dunno if it’s the site glitching or just the one customer as I’ve only had the one show so far, but the site kept kicking him out of private every minute. Happened about 10 times, luckily he was patient and just kept coming back in. Annoying.
    I had a customer have the same problem. It was telling him he didn't have enough funds even though he did. I told him to contact customer support about it

37. The Following User Says Thank You to HollyD For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I found a pleasant surprise in my inbox today. Someone sent me 20 gold for me to unblock him hahaha. I wonder if he’ll stay unblocked. I think he’ll be the first of 700 odd to ever be taken off the list!

39. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to gbjenna For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jodyjensen View Post
    Dunno if itís the site glitching or just the one customer as Iíve only had the one show so far, but the site kept kicking him out of private every minute. Happened about 10 times, luckily he was patient and just kept coming back in. Annoying.
    One of my customers said he wants a show but the same thing, that he keeps getting kicked out of private when it gets to 1min and it's happened in a couple of rooms. I don't think he's been a messer, he never has been before.

I've advised him to try support incase it's an account issue and he said he will. I wonder if it's the same guy or if it's a widespread issue? It'll be good to know if it's a site issue.

41. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gbjenna For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Quote Originally Posted by HollyD View Post
    I had a customer have the same problem. It was telling him he didn't have enough funds even though he did. I told him to contact customer support about it
    Thatís exactly what it was telling my guy too. Every minute on the dot it kicked him out, but he was able to come straight back in. Iím just pleased he was a patient guy or I would have lost that show.