Page 390 of 1494 FirstFirst ... 2903403803883893903913924004404908901390 ... LastLast
Results 9,726 to 9,750 of 37342

Thread: The Streamate Thread

Thanks
    Thanked 19,725 Times in 4,097 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

Default Re: The Streamate Thread

This is my 2 cents......it is only my personal opinion so I have no problem if you take it or leave it.

When is comes to what is currently 'ruining' camgirl's ability to make money on Streamate right now....I save all my own righteous rage for Streamate Limited itself and its constantly turning its blind eye to the glaringly obvious fact that the glitches on its site are getting progressively worse and worse.

That shit has had way more major affect on my income more then any $0 gold show that has ever been offered by any camgirl on the site.

Just sayin'

Thanks
    Thanked 22,339 Times in 6,227 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Name:  stefon_yes.jpg
Views: 257
Size:  44.9 KB

This is how I feel about many of the big sites and platforms that I work from time to time. Filled with internal issues and glitches but they know that we'll lose focus. They expect us to pay attention to things like what everyone else is doing and how poorly the site is run and lose site of what's really going on. It's like a game of 3 Card Monte. At least that's what I equate it to? You try and keep your eye on the prize but then your customer can't enter private from a tablet. Or a call can't connect. Customers being tricked into signing up with dating sites....Ugh I could go on.

Quote Originally Posted by justanothercamgirl View Post
    This is my 2 cents......it is only my personal opinion so I have no problem if you take it or leave it.

When is comes to what is currently 'ruining' camgirl's ability to make money on Streamate right now....I save all my own righteous rage for Streamate Limited itself and its constantly turning its blind eye to the glaringly obvious fact that the glitches on its site are getting progressively worse and worse.

That shit has had way more major affect on my income more then any $0 gold show that has ever been offered by any camgirl on the site.

Just sayin'

3. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Jac and Dynomite, I would thank both of your posts 1000 times if I could^

5. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonberry For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

OK so i did my first tv gold show. wasn't for much but i figured i should accept. i did the usual thing i do. but i did not make goal. i accepted anyway. i was under the impression tv gold shows you will always make goal. am i wrong in this? i did not make goal. and was not compensated by the producer as i thought i would be.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,674 Times in 2,854 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Lum View Post
    OK so i did my first tv gold show. wasn't for much but i figured i should accept. i did the usual thing i do. but i did not make goal. i accepted anyway. i was under the impression tv gold shows you will always make goal. am i wrong in this? i did not make goal. and was not compensated by the producer as i thought i would be.
    You might not always reach the goal, but you will always be paid the full goal amount. It can take up to a couple hours for the TV compensation to show in your earnings.
    xoxo ~ Sarah

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to SarahTime For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,162 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

This is the first I am hearing about explicit $0 GS, and at first the concept was really confusing to me. But after thinking about it, I think it might be designed to allow models to run their room EXACTLY like MFC. Here's an example (my numbers are sort of arbitrary - I'm not sure what ladies on MFC actually charge in their countdowns):

"Goal: 50; Buy In: 0; Minutes: 15; What I'll do: Topless at 50, naked at 100, oil show at 200, toy show at 350, log off if we don't make topless goal."
    Let's say you make 60 GOLD from voluntary contributions. You get topless at $50, and then when the show ends, you immediately start another one, but subtract $60 from all your goals, like this: "Goal: 40; Buy in: 0; Minutes: 15; What I'll Do: Naked at 40, oil show at 140, toy show at 290, put top back on if we don't make naked goal."

When this thought dawned on me, I wondered why you couldn't just do the same thing with a $1 buy in - that way no one in the show would be a total freeloader. Then I realized that if you didn't make it to your goal and ended up spending the whole show just hanging out, some guys would throw a fit about spending $1 and getting nothing in return (your time and attention don't count, of course!). With a $0 buy in, it's just like MFC - the freeloaders might get a free show, but they don't risk spending anything on a show that might not happen. Meanwhile, the guys that contribute risk spending their $ and not getting anything, but they donated freely and no one was "forced" to pay to see your (non)show.

So who stands to benefit? I think mostly SM. At present, SM caters to the custies that really like pvt/excl & the custies that really like GS. MFC caters to a huge amount of freeloaders, but also some serious whales. It's common knowledge that the top MFC ladies do VERY well. If SM ladies start doing successful MFC-style countdowns, SM might be able to snag a chunk of MFC's market. Plus, SM would get to keep 65% of the money, unlike those suckers running MFC who only keep 50%, LOL.
    Obviously, the freeloaders win, too.
    From our perspective, if you're good at the MFC-style hustle, it seems more logical to do it on MFC for a higher %. The only reason I can think to do it on SM is if you already have a very large following on SM, including several whales that would embrace the MFC countdown format. But maybe there's some other advantage for the models that I'm missing?

Overall, it should be interesting to see how it plays out...

11. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Magical_Hoohah For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 7,273 Times in 1,925 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Magical_Hoohah View Post
    If SM ladies start doing successful MFC-style countdowns.

But maybe there's some other advantage for the models that I'm missing?

Overall, it should be interesting to see how it plays out...
    Most the ladies I know cant stand the MFC style of camming, it is two different worlds

and for us to work our asses off like MFC top models 35%? nahhh lol fuck that shit

Thanks
    Thanked 27,951 Times in 5,980 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel View Post
    Most the ladies I know cant stand the MFC style of camming, it is two different worlds

and for us to work our asses off like MFC top models 35%? nahhh lol fuck that shit

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks

this is me already on sm gs countdowns roflmfao I HATE THEM /rant over / time to cam lol

Thanks
    Thanked 6,673 Times in 2,626 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

^ 0.o .... what marina you dont agree ? i dont get ur meme -_-
    Quote Originally Posted by BombshellBelle View Post
    Always dress like you're going to bump into the woman seeing the man who broke your heart.
    Quote Originally Posted by sexyadrienne View Post
    Yes, sex sells, but it sure as hell doesn't sell itself!
    I went from poor to please pour me another drink - Lil Wayne
    Quote Originally Posted by IvyAdams View Post
    You're a sip of fine champagne darling, and the guys who deserve to taste you should be able to buy the whole glass.

Thanks

I agreed with what Tempting said! Oprah is shaking her head at what's expected of us for 35%!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowy0Star View Post
    ^ 0.o .... what marina you dont agree ? i dont get ur meme -_-

18. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,185 Times in 1,162 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

I totally agree! I personally have no interest in doing MFC-style camming - it seems like a ton of work and not something that would suit my personality at all. I also have no desire to see SM adopt the MFC-type culture.
    But the scenario I described is the only reason I could think of that SM would want encourage $0-buy-in, explicit Goldshows. I mean, they might be an advertising ploy, but wouldn't giving free shows just attract the guys that are least likely to spend ANY money? The goldshow beggars are bad, but at least they spend $1-2 here and there. Mainly I was just guessing where SM might be trying to go with this business strategy. Hopefully I'm wrong and/or it never catches on.

20. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Magical_Hoohah For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Goofy

YES! it showed up . ok not worried any more thanks sarahtime

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 19,725 Times in 4,097 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

This subject always makes me feel like I am taking crazy pills.

I have no worries at all about $0 Gold Shows because:

1. Any camgirl who charges $0 has to be making at least some money doing it or she isn't going to be a camgirl very long and any camgirl who charges too little for too long is going to end up homeless and starving. There has to be SOME sort of payoff for them or they wouldn't be doing it.

2. Camming is about supply and demand. If SM ends up turning into MFC then it is because some girl figured out a way bank on SM with an MFC-hustle BECAUSE the demand was there for it.....not despite of it.

Do I personally hate MFC-style hustle? Hell yeah......I fucking loathe it. But, custies want what they want and it is the paying custies who have always drove this market.

Let's be honest here, why do girls work the big-box sites instead of going Indy? The answer of course is because the money is faster and easier because there is more traffic.

How can I fault SM for any business decision it ultimately makes when I have myself for good or for bad made the business decision to let them make all the business decisions?

SM will always go towards what makes them money in the laziest and easiest way, most camgirls will go for what makes them money in the most lazy and easiest way and I have decided to work Streamate so I can make money in the most lazy and easiest way.

I have long since taken personal responsibility by admitting to myself that I am allowing what is essentially a deaf, blind and dumb company to control my ability to make money on cam. I always find myself bewildered when the finger-pointing and gnashing of teeth on here against other camgirls happens in cycles about what is the newest thing to blame them for when it comes to 'ruining' camming.

This 'us against them' thing gets us no where. All of us willingly made the choice to work for Streamate and at any point any of us can make the choice to go Indy and leave.

I guess what it all comes down to is that it is easy to complain then to personally change.

Banned
    Thanks

The zero goldshows have always been available..

its just now catching on with a few models. I have no luck w them

Thanks
    Thanked 22,339 Times in 6,227 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Girly I applaud you for realizing that it's not just the models who are behind this move.

Quote Originally Posted by Magical_Hoohah View Post
    I totally agree! I personally have no interest in doing MFC-style camming - it seems like a ton of work and not something that would suit my personality at all. I also have no desire to see SM adopt the MFC-type culture.
    But the scenario I described is the only reason I could think of that SM would want encourage $0-buy-in, explicit Goldshows. I mean, they might be an advertising ploy, but wouldn't giving free shows just attract the guys that are least likely to spend ANY money? The goldshow beggars are bad, but at least they spend $1-2 here and there. Mainly I was just guessing where SM might be trying to go with this business strategy. Hopefully I'm wrong and/or it never catches on.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PhatGirlDynomite!!! For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This subject always makes me feel like I am taking crazy pills.

I have no worries at all about $0 Gold Shows because:

1. Any camgirl who charges $0 has to be making at least some money doing it or she isn't going to be a camgirl very long and any camgirl who charges too little for too long is going to end up homeless and starving. There has to be SOME sort of payoff for them or they wouldn't be doing it.

2. Camming is about supply and demand. If SM ends up turning into MFC then it is because some girl figured out a way bank on SM with an MFC-hustle BECAUSE the demand was there for it.....not despite of it.

Do I personally hate MFC-style hustle? Hell yeah......I fucking loathe it. But, custies want what they want and it is the paying custies who have always drove this market.

Let's be honest here, why do girls work the big-box sites instead of going Indy? The answer of course is because the money is faster and easier because there is more traffic.

How can I fault SM for any business decision it ultimately makes when I have myself for good or for bad made the business decision to let them make all the business decisions?

SM will always go towards what makes them money in the laziest and easiest way, most camgirls will go for what makes them money in the most lazy and easiest way and I have decided to work Streamate so I can make money in the most lazy and easiest way.

I have long since taken personal responsibility by admitting to myself that I am allowing what is essentially a deaf, blind and dumb company to control my ability to make money on cam. I always find myself bewildered when the finger-pointing and gnashing of teeth on here against other camgirls happens in cycles about what is the newest thing to blame them for when it comes to 'ruining' camming.

This 'us against them' thing gets us no where. All of us willingly made the choice to work for Streamate and at any point any of us can make the choice to go Indy and leave.

I guess what it all comes down to is that it is easy to complain then to personally change.

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 13,674 Times in 2,854 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by temptingmodel View Post
    The zero goldshows have always been available..

its just now catching on with a few models. I have no luck w them
    I know right? You and I chatted about them a bit...

I feel like I was the guinea pig for the $0 explicit shows. I noticed the DAY they changed it to add the little box to "check here to do an explicit show with $0 buy in" so I was like fuck it, lets try it. Then I did, and I got a lot of gold way past my goal, AND THEN................ DENIED!!!!!! I got told by support I was "performing in free chat" (because they either hadn't worked out all the damn kinks yet or whoever in support was unaware it had changed). After a few emails back and forth with a couple people I was told, oops sorry. There was a glitch or whoever kicked you off didn't realize this was allowed now. SORRY NO GOLD FOR YOU! That's the RISK you take to do a gold show! Even tho I did everything right and it was Streamate who deliberately cut me off.

So yah, kinda have a bad taste for these $0 shows now. lol

Oh that and, tonight I had two guys "do a free show bb" and "I was in 2 free shows tonight can you do a free show for us?" NO FUCK YOU!!!!!!!!!!
    xoxo ~ Sarah

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I still have not gotten my 1099 ANYONE wtf I NEED TO DO MY TAXES
    Slow money better than no money

31. The Following User Says Thank You to mimiboo69 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,192 Times in 1,978 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by mimiboo69 View Post
    I still have not gotten my 1099 ANYONE wtf I NEED TO DO MY TAXES
    I haven't gotten mine. I think the bad weather might be affecting it, at least that's the reason for me getting mail from Florida after a fucking month. I'd try emailing them. Over and over until you get an answer.
    Twitter:
    Cam profile: *Fave me, it's good for my ego
    General Pics:
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn!"-C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by xStacey View Post
    Close contact, for an hour, for $40? And I guess I'll have to make conversation with them too?

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Quote Originally Posted by JaneBurgess View Post
    I dont think will Streamate will become MFC, but I do think they need to crack down on the full nudity in free chat. When they allow topless nudity in free chat they should have known they need people to monitor the free chat area. If you give some of these performers an inch, they will take a mile. I honestly don't see the point of any nudity in free chat. Sure a few guys will pay but you have way more lurkers that never pay that sit there and wait for free nudity. I wish there was a semi nude option, that would be cool.

Just sayin'

And the church said AMEN!!!!!!

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Fine

Is there something new with advertising cause I've been getting a shit ton load of escort offers... Man... Back in the day... I'm saying but I'm not saying.. It's really starting to get annoying though!!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,266 Times in 1,323 Posts

One good thing I noticed since the $0 shows - I don't have nearly as many freeloaders. They congregate to the free shows

Thanks

Now that's a blessing!
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Carmen~ View Post
    One good thing I noticed since the $0 shows - I don't have nearly as many freeloaders. They congregate to the free shows

37. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Marina Starr For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,192 Times in 1,978 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by bbwchristyminx View Post
    Is there something new with advertising cause I've been getting a shit ton load of escort offers... Man... Back in the day... I'm saying but I'm not saying.. It's really starting to get annoying though!!
    This is just a theory, but if you don't geoblock your state and either mention where you're from or have it in your profile, this might be why. When I had the bright idea of unblocking Ohio when I first started cuz I had strip club customers visit, I had local creeps ask for that a lot. Yeah, that whole unblocking my state thing lasted a good six hours.
    Twitter:
    Cam profile: *Fave me, it's good for my ego
    General Pics:
    "Experience is a brutal teacher, but you learn. My God, do you learn!"-C.S. Lewis
    Quote Originally Posted by xStacey View Post
    Close contact, for an hour, for $40? And I guess I'll have to make conversation with them too?

39. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetJulia For This Useful Post: