Page 377 of 395 FirstFirst ... 277327367375376377378379387 ... LastLast
Results 9,401 to 9,425 of 9868

Thread: The AdultWork Thread

  1. #9401
    Veteran Member Kristen_Krystal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 342 Times in 191 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_ki View Post
    So I don't know if any of you know the answer to this ..... But I saw an accountant today .... And he has told me that we should be working out our VAT and self assessments ... on ALL the credits we have made as a whole for the year ... so 70% our money AND 30% AW fees .,. And basing our VAT on gross credit turnover ... NOT what is payed into our bank. I always thought it was what has hit our bank accounts ... But he is saying it's not ...?!
    The accountants I use just go off what goes into my bank. Maybe its different if you are eligible to pay VAT? I don't earn enough to pay VAT I don't think.

    I just send my accountants my Bank and credit card statements, tick off stuff I bought for work that I want to claim for & provide the receipts for the items and that's all they ask for. They don't ask to see it but I provide my AW and other site statements as well.

    I can't see why your accountant should be concerned with the AW admin fee really because its not like we had to pay it by Direct Debit and we're claiming it back as an expense. It gets deducted at the time our credits get turned into taxable profit (Cash).

    Maybe somebody else can help out here
    Last edited by Kristen_Krystal; 04-19-2017 at 07:17 PM.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kristen_Krystal For This Useful Post:


  3. #9402
    Featured Member CatBBW's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2013
    Location
    LONDON
    Posts
    1,410
    Thanks
    2,185
    Thanked 2,165 Times in 710 Posts
    My Mood
    Stressed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Princess_ki View Post
    So I don't know if any of you know the answer to this ..... But I saw an accountant today .... And he has told me that we should be working out our VAT and self assessments ... on ALL the credits we have made as a whole for the year ... so 70% our money AND 30% AW fees .,. And basing our VAT on gross credit turnover ... NOT what is payed into our bank. I always thought it was what has hit our bank accounts ... But he is saying it's not ...?!
    If you are VAT registered and/or earning enough to be paying VAT, then yes, you should be putting the gross through because you need to be collecting VAT on that. However, NOT if you are an individual earning less IN TOTAL than around 85,000 gross per rolling year.

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to CatBBW For This Useful Post:


  5. #9403
    God/dess Classy_Katy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,967
    Thanks
    1,597
    Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,799 Posts

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Strictly speaking you would declare the gross income and then take off the AW admin fee as a business expense (not forgetting they deduct from our gross income sums for using justcamit and directchat too, and we may pay for positioning and featuring as well, so it's more than just the AW admin fee) but I suspect if you try doing that that the figures won't add up...just try it and see. It's going to come off anyway and it is simply easier to go from the money you actually receive from AW.
    Last edited by Classy_Katy; 04-20-2017 at 12:03 AM.


    Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

  6. #9404
    Member
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    If I go by what goes in my bank account then I wouldn't need to be registered for VAT .... but my accountant is saying if I add up my AW commission AND what goes into my bank account then I would need to register for VAT???

  7. #9405
    God/dess sexysusie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,143
    Thanks
    5,221
    Thanked 7,083 Times in 2,584 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    If you earn or expect to earn (ie get into your actual bank), more than 85k you have to register https://www.gov.uk/vat-registration/when-to-register If you don't expect to earn this much then you don't have to register. My accountant (when I had one) also went by what actually hit my bank. I suggest you find one who knows a bit about how our industry works. If you need a contact pm me x
    Websites & payment for camgirls

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:


  9. #9406
    Member
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 12 Times in 9 Posts

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Thanks Hun just sent you a message xxx

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to Princess_ki For This Useful Post:


  11. #9407
    Veteran Member LolaLu's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    542
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen_Krystal View Post
    Thanks ClaraBelle - I've seen Babestation cams but I always though they might not be very busy because no -one seems to mention them all that much.

    Any site that doesn't require compulsory free chat sounds good to me & I also do like the simplicity of the Just Cammit platform - Sounds good
    I love BS cams and do really well on it. Definitely comparable to AW. Like susie said it's more softcore stuff, I found fairly consistently higher spenders and guys fast become regs. The content you put into their public section is subject to marketing on their TV station (which is to be expected) but it's a great company to work for. I really like them.

    There's also a new one called red light cams. Similar to BS Cams. Higher payout and similar terms.

  12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LolaLu For This Useful Post:


  13. #9408
    Veteran Member LolaLu's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    542
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    If you earn or expect to earn (ie get into your actual bank), more than 85k you have to register https://www.gov.uk/vat-registration/when-to-register If you don't expect to earn this much then you don't have to register. My accountant (when I had one) also went by what actually hit my bank. I suggest you find one who knows a bit about how our industry works. If you need a contact pm me x
    My accountant works the same as susie said. He knows the industry and will be able to tell you exactly what is tax deductible and what isn't.

  14. #9409
    Member Euryale's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In V.I.P.
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    820
    Thanked 123 Times in 41 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Maybe someone here can guide me in the right direction to fixing a problem. I can't get my FPS above 15. Is that normal for AW? I don't have this issue any place else. It's 30 on every other site I'm on. It doesn't seem to matter which settings I try. It's the same whether I'm splitting or not. I wonder if there is anything I can do? I did reinstall JustCamIt software also.

  15. #9410
    Veteran Member Kristen_Krystal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 342 Times in 191 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    .....
    Last edited by Kristen_Krystal; 04-20-2017 at 09:38 PM.

  16. #9411
    Veteran Member Kristen_Krystal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 342 Times in 191 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    Maybe someone here can guide me in the right direction to fixing a problem. I can't get my FPS above 15. Is that normal for AW? I don't have this issue any place else. It's 30 on every other site I'm on. It doesn't seem to matter which settings I try. It's the same whether I'm splitting or not. I wonder if there is anything I can do? I did reinstall JustCamIt software also.
    Mine FPS on just cammit is usually 30 sometimes slightly over. It drops though if I've got less than 200 watt lighting or I do something like try to over expose my cam within the settings x

  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristen_Krystal For This Useful Post:


  18. #9412
    Member Euryale's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In V.I.P.
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    820
    Thanked 123 Times in 41 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Kristen_Krystal View Post
    Mine FPS on just cammit is usually 30 sometimes slightly over. It drops though if I've got less than 200 watt lighting or I do something like try to over expose my cam within the settings x
    Thanks! I'll mess with my lighting some and see if that helps.

  19. #9413
    God/dess Classy_Katy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,967
    Thanks
    1,597
    Thanked 4,403 Times in 1,799 Posts

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    Maybe someone here can guide me in the right direction to fixing a problem. I can't get my FPS above 15. Is that normal for AW? I don't have this issue any place else. It's 30 on every other site I'm on. It doesn't seem to matter which settings I try. It's the same whether I'm splitting or not. I wonder if there is anything I can do? I did reinstall JustCamIt software also.
    For some reason having my laptop plugged in and not running off the battery makes a difference. Use a wired connection too if you can. If you have an upload speed of more than 1.5mbps, use the max bitrate setting of 1.5mbps. Changing the image size can make a difference too.


    Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

  20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Classy_Katy For This Useful Post:


  21. #9414
    Member Euryale's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In V.I.P.
    Posts
    62
    Thanks
    820
    Thanked 123 Times in 41 Posts
    My Mood
    Mellow

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Thanks ladies for your help. I had my exposure set too high. Fixed it!

  22. #9415
    Veteran Member Kristen_Krystal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 342 Times in 191 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Euryale View Post
    Thanks ladies for your help. I had my exposure set too high. Fixed it!
    Glad you got it sorted out

    I found this tip very useful for improving my cam without having to manually mess about to much. https://www.stripperweb.com/forum/sh...Light-FOR-C920

    My cam looks much warmer when I do whats recommended in the link. Other than that I just let Direct Cam automatically set the size of my image and I make sure I've got plenty of light either side of my cam and my FPS tend to stay nice and stable x

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kristen_Krystal For This Useful Post:


  24. #9416
    Veteran Member Teddy_Bear's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Computer Screens Around The World
    Posts
    549
    Thanks
    1,725
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 420 Posts

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    AW and camming in general has really picked up for me since I switched back to working nights. I am a night owl and I must accept this no matter how much I try to work during the day.

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to Teddy_Bear For This Useful Post:


  26. #9417
    Veteran Member LolaLu's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    542
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    I've been trying to do day work but it was definatly more profitable when I was doing nights. My body clock has adjusted to days now though and I'm wanting to be asleep by 11pm so going back to nights is gonna be tough. I need something that will wire me so I can stay awake lol

  27. The Following User Says Thank You to LolaLu For This Useful Post:


  28. #9418
    Featured Member DancesWithSloths's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,147
    Thanks
    2,224
    Thanked 2,455 Times in 801 Posts

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    I find it so bewildering that everybody does better working nights. Time and time again I try to shift to nights, so that I can do uni work when I first wake up, when my brain is at its best - but I still make peanuts any time after 7pm.

    When you girls say "nights", how late are you actually talking? Whenever I've tested it, I've stayed up until 2am at the latest, but are you literally working through the literal night?

  29. #9419
    Veteran Member LolaLu's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    542
    Thanks
    568
    Thanked 432 Times in 262 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    I used to do from 9pm til 1/2/3/4/5 - whenever the money started drying up

  30. The Following User Says Thank You to LolaLu For This Useful Post:


  31. #9420
    Veteran Member
    Joined
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    353
    Thanks
    156
    Thanked 221 Times in 119 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Hi there,

    I hope someone can help me.

    I find this site to be very disrespectful towards models (or at least to me), & they do everything in their power to stop me from contacting them <sigh>

    I signed up again & now even after entering in the verification code & trying to upload the pics, the verification pic, etc. I get this error. "The requested member was not found or is inactive. Click on the 'Search' link above to locate active members that pertain to your preferences."

    I tried to find a way to e-mail them & I can't. Even last time when I tried I couldn't & it took me forever. In their e-mail, they said they won't even get back to me if the issue is in their articles.

    Every other site (well almost every) let's models contact them. I can't believe this site is so nasty towards models.

    Thanks

  32. #9421
    Senior Member
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    116
    Thanked 55 Times in 31 Posts

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Hey Ladies

    Quick one. I am going away for a week next Thursday and I just wanted to know if being offline for a week effects traffic or anything on aw. I am juts conscious of coming back and it falling off a cliff. I know with sites like SM not being online can harbour placement so just wanted to check if anyone has experiences problems with being offline for a week x

  33. #9422
    Veteran Member Kristen_Krystal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 342 Times in 191 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by ep2002 View Post
    Hi there,

    I hope someone can help me.

    I find this site to be very disrespectful towards models (or at least to me), & they do everything in their power to stop me from contacting them <sigh>

    I signed up again & now even after entering in the verification code & trying to upload the pics, the verification pic, etc. I get this error. "The requested member was not found or is inactive. Click on the 'Search' link above to locate active members that pertain to your preferences."

    I tried to find a way to e-mail them & I can't. Even last time when I tried I couldn't & it took me forever. In their e-mail, they said they won't even get back to me if the issue is in their articles.

    Every other site (well almost every) let's models contact them. I can't believe this site is so nasty towards models.

    Thanks
    It sounds like maybe your profile is waiting on approval perhaps? I might take up to 48 hours.

    I've never found AdultWorks customer service to be un-pleasant in any way but they do often reply to queries with a link to the relevant help desk article.

    They will get so many people contacting them all day, every day & they just can't possibly respond with a detailed reply to every message they get so they just send the link to answer to your question really.

    You need to go back to the help centre - Find the question you want to ask & then you'll see a pop -up that asks if your question has been answered & if it hasn't just click no & then another box opens which lets you contact them. You will need to know your password & I'm not sure if it will let you submit without a user name but you can try.

    This is how we all have to contact them and they usually always reply in the morning if you contact them at night.

    Hope this help x

  34. #9423
    Veteran Member Kristen_Krystal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 342 Times in 191 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Double post

  35. #9424
    Veteran Member Kristen_Krystal's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2016
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    324
    Thanks
    204
    Thanked 342 Times in 191 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    I wouldn't of thought it would affect your traffic if your're just going away for one week really. Just tell your regs you're going away and they'll chat again when your back. x

  36. #9425
    God/dess sexysusie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,143
    Thanks
    5,221
    Thanked 7,083 Times in 2,584 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: The AdultWork Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by goddesslouboutin View Post
    Hey Ladies

    Quick one. I am going away for a week next Thursday and I just wanted to know if being offline for a week effects traffic or anything on aw. I am juts conscious of coming back and it falling off a cliff. I know with sites like SM not being online can harbour placement so just wanted to check if anyone has experiences problems with being offline for a week x
    I'm away for weeks sometimes and still do fine x
    Websites & payment for camgirls

  37. The Following User Says Thank You to sexysusie For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. adultwork help
    By cyberstripper in forum Other Work
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 11-09-2014, 06:51 PM
  2. adultwork tv?
    By marsey in forum Other Work
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-29-2011, 06:37 AM
  3. AdultWork TV
    By KrystleX in forum Camming Connection
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 10-12-2011, 11:24 PM
  4. AdultWork TV
    By CamWhore in forum Other Work
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 12-29-2010, 08:50 PM
  5. Is adultwork down for anyone else?
    By Troublegum in forum Other Work
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 10:46 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •