Thread: Streamate Help: Not Detecting Mic

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Default Streamate Help: Not Detecting Mic

Need some help here. I've been trying to get into Streamate but it is not detecting my mic that is built inside my Webcam. I use an HD webcam, and always test the settings before I get in Streamate. As soon as I start streaming my show, nothing. Audio is dead.

I also tap the allow and accept buttons from Adobe Flash to use my cam + mic. I put my mic up to full blast. Works PERFECT before I click 'start my show' .. as soon as I do, dead!

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 959 Posts

Default Re: Streamate Help: Not Detecting Mic

I am having this issue now, and a search of SW (and a read of the other SM threads) and google hasn't helped, so I hope someone sees this and can advise.

NOT using the encoder (mic works perfectly with that, but PC crashes with the encoder), I can't get the logitech cam mic to work at all on SM. It works fine on my old slow PC on SM (but that PC is useless to work SM on). I've read the help files/troubleshooting, no help there.

It;s got to be something to do with this computer, but having checked Flash, drivers etc I am at a loss. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by CatBBW; 02-12-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 12,605 Times in 2,826 Posts
    My Mood
    Flirty

Uninstall the logitech drivers and the encoder, reboot, and then reinstall the logitech drivers first then the alternate version of the encoder eg, if you were using 3.1 install 3.2 or vice versa. Also, force logitech to be your default communications microphone device in your sound settings.
    See my post in Verified to learn about an alternative and legitimate way to earn a decent living online.

Lovense toys work on most sites to bring you more money! You can save up to 50% with my referral .

Want to learn how to splitcam on multiple sites at the same time?

4. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hyori For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,685 Times in 959 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hyori View Post
    Uninstall the logitech drivers and the encoder, reboot, and then reinstall the logitech drivers first then the alternate version of the encoder eg, if you were using 3.1 install 3.2 or vice versa. Also, force logitech to be your default communications microphone device in your sound settings.

Yes, I've done all that My computer won't run the encoder without crashing whichever version or settings, so I give up on that, and the mic still won't work with everything updated and force defaults.

I'll try again tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,287 Times in 385 Posts
    My Mood
    Fine

Here are a few of tips you can see if they work for you.. you can switch in the encoder the settings from the webacm mic to the internal mic (if you have one in your computer). I never use the webcam mic because whenever I have it selected, it goes 10 sec on/ 10 sec off audio in my room for some reason. You can also go to to Walmart, (or even some dollar stores) and see if they have a cheap temporary mic. It might sound faint but they can work sometimes as an emergency back up. If all else fails, tell the guy he can call you on the phone feature in the mean time.