Thread: "Horrible Bosses"

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Twisted

Arrow "Horrible Bosses"

Screw "Atlas Shrugged", I'm planning on seeing "Horrible Bosses". While I'm not ready to predict this movie as Oscar Nominee material, (" I didn't know that you called your grandmother Gamgam")I'd wager that it will gross far more than Atlas, as much more people can relate to this movies' theme/plot.

I'm not promising to be the first to review it, so anyone, blue or pink, please chime in.
    I'm right 96% of the time. I don't sweat the other 5% .......................

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Twisted

Default Re: "Horrible Bosses"

Saw "Horrible Bosses" tonight. I may not have laughed the hardest, but myself (and audience) certainly laughed often. Movie seemed like male version of "Thelma & Louise", "9-5", and a "Dumb and Dumber" trio vs pair all rolled into one. I won't get into the plots, subplots, character development (or lack thereof, lol) because I'm not a movie critic- I go for entertainment, not to disect and analyze every scene or "player".

Okay, some elements include getting screwed by techno gadgets only to have it unexpectedly save the day. I couldn't quite get into the idea of a female boss sexually harassing a male subordinate on a number of levels (one being that many males wouldn't mind being "harassed" by Jennifer Anniston). I guess the movie does has a happy ending, one scene delivered in part by a bud of the bumbling trio ( an unemployed ex- Wall Street broker who has resorted to offering $50 handjobs to guys in bars). Oops, don't want to give away too many clues.

Oh, how many stars am I going to award? Well, lets just say if I can spend an evening at a movie vs going to a club, and not regret my choice (too much), then the movie must be at least 3 out of 4 stars.
    I'm right 96% of the time. I don't sweat the other 5% .......................

Thanks

Default Re: "Horrible Bosses"

I agree with Minnow, the movie exceeded my expectations by quite a bit. My one complaint was I thought Jason Bateman's character was played so straight and boring it took away from Bateman's vast comedic skills. An 8 out of 10 for me.