Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 Most Outrageous Celebrity Shopping Sprees

Thanks
    My Mood
    Devilish

Default 10 Most Outrageous Celebrity Shopping Sprees

Much as I advocate a bit of retail therapy now and again - this list is seriously shocking. We're not talking a few hundred pounds or dollars here.....we're talking tens of thousands ALL IN ONE GO...enough to feed tens of thousands of starving children for months.

So....who are the top 'splurgers'...? Well, let's hear it for Kim Kardashian.....who spent £18,000.00 on.....ONE handbag...and....

...Rihanna, who spent £30,000.00 on a few trinklets for herself..!!

It's appalling and disgraceful.

http://style.uk.msn.com/fashion/phot...ntid=158631299
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls don't have the time..!!"

Thanks
    Thanked 4,250 Times in 1,020 Posts
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Default Re: 10 Most Outrageous Celebrity Shopping Sprees

im jealous

Thanks

Everytime I hear that I always think the same, "how many children we can feed in Africa with all that money"
    "A real woman has to be a chef in the kitchen, a lady in the living room, and a whore in the bedroom..T-Lust"

4. The Following User Says Thank You to tropicalust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,480 Times in 2,024 Posts
    My Mood
    Brooding

All the comments on the page about how they should be spending the money on the homeless or starving kids in Africa are just... UGH.
    Are celebrities really supposed to be responsible for saving every needy person in the world? They work hard for their money, they put up with a lot of bullshit for their money... let them spend it how they will.

Aside from that... SEVERAL of these stars are well known for their generous and extensive donations to charities already. I'm sorry... are the millions of dollars they've already donated not enough? Were they supposed to give everything they made?
    Quote Originally Posted by camille27 View Post
    i am losing my fucking mind and i really just want this chloroform dream because i think that would just get me right with jesus.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to DesuvsDeath For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

it must be nice :\

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 661 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DesuvsDeath View Post

I'm sorry... are the millions of dollars they've already donated not enough? Were they supposed to give everything they made?

No..dont be silly....not everything.....What these people are saying is: "they need to keep donating until they have exactly the same amount of money as me............then i wont be jealous of how much money they have."

9. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lemiwinks31 For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

I get where Pussy is going with this and I agree. I do find it disgraceful when some celebs don't give to charity and spend often like this. Some of these "celebs" are nothing more than media whores with little to no talent (Kim K I am looking at you).

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

kim kardashian is a hard working woman!! and we, as girls in the sex industry calling someone whores? ocmon! and kim kardashian did TONS of charity work! she funded the aids research, dream foundation, she helped childrens hospital, souls4soles, - just to name a few.

and why is it the celebrities responsibility to take care of the the children of the world?? wtf, its not easy becoming a celebrity let alone BEING one. these people are hard workers just like us- why are they obligated to feeding the worlds starving children?? not fair.

i agree with desuvsdeath.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

I called her a media whore because that is what she is. Hard working, how? She's on a trashy reality show. If she's big into charity that's good, but she's still talentless. Paris Hilton also does a lot of charity events (she won an animal chairty award)but she's still talentless too.

Thanks
    Thanked 11,201 Times in 3,594 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoX View Post
    im jealous
    Werd. Me too.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by Kellydancer View Post
    I called her a media whore because that is what she is. Hard working, how? She's on a trashy reality show. If she's big into charity that's good, but she's still talentless. Paris Hilton also does a lot of charity events (she won an animal chairty award)but she's still talentless too.
    Kim Kardashian actually DOES do photoshoots/appearances/commercials ect in addition to her reality show.

Which isn't really trashy at all. Especially compared to... basically every other reality show on TV right now. ;P
    i am losing my fucking mind and i really just want this chloroform dream because i think that would just get me right with jesus.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to DesuvsDeath For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,674 Times in 1,043 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Amused

Hulu is my only TV right now.

It satisfying in a way to only be peripherally aware of these so called Celebrities.

Speaking of I really would like to finish the BBC adaptation of the "Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy"

Don't Panic.

Thanks

Women like Kim Kardashian basically take the sugar daddy model to a higher level. They don't really do anything except look nice, so we pay them (watching their shows which gives them ratings) just for the opportunity to be with them.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to The Six For This Useful Post:

Thanks

These famous people are just encouraging a bad behavior in our culture. Money is not well distributed in this world.
    "A real woman has to be a chef in the kitchen, a lady in the living room, and a whore in the bedroom..T-Lust"

20. The Following User Says Thank You to tropicalust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

^Not really... I mean... since when is going on the occasional shopping trip 'bad behavior'?

Most of these people make a lot more money than the average person.
    If I make 50k a year and I go on a $500 shopping trip... it's not proportionately any different than me making 500k a year and going on a $5k shopping trip.
    Compared to what most of those celebs MAKE... these are very minor shopping trips well within their budgets.

I don't see where spending a small fraction of your yearly income on a shopping trip (in several cases to buy shit for their kids) is "bad".

22. The Following User Says Thank You to DesuvsDeath For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,330 Times in 1,407 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

To those of you dissing, I'm sure you'd go on shopping sprees every once in awhile if you made millions of dollars. It's perfectly acceptable to donate money to charity, and spend money on yourself too. Tropicalust, why do you care so much about how they spend their money? The majority of celebrities donate to charity, and you're more than welcome to donate too.

I agree with everything DesuvsDeath says.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sammii For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by The Six View Post
    Women like Kim Kardashian basically take the sugar daddy model to a higher level. They don't really do anything except look nice, so we pay them (watching their shows which gives them ratings) just for the opportunity to be with them.
    sugar daddy? WHAT sugar daddy? she works hard for her money. and an opportunity to be with her? ok, what are the chances of that?

im tired of everyone bashing my kimmy k. i admire her go getter attitude, not alot of people can be paid for "nothing" shes an entrepunuer who made herself a brand name. i would LOVE her career. I'd LOVE to be paid just for being me.

Kimmy works really hard promoting products and such AND she gives back to the community. She acts, she owns a boutique, she models, she has her own product line, she is co-founder of SHOE DAZZLE, shes co-producer of SPIN CROWD, she designs jewelery, she TRIED to launch a music career....shes a hard working woman and the bitch dont sleep!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Psychedelic

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalust View Post
    These famous people are just encouraging a bad behavior in our culture. Money is not well distributed in this world.
    lmao, wtf?

Featured Member FiendishGyrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,533 Times in 734 Posts

Well, Sarah Ferguson was an interesting pick, as was Rhianna-- one for spending like that when supposedly she's close to bankruptcy now and then (not for sure on that, just mentioned below her picture) and then Rhianna bought something like 10K worth for her "then" boyfriend (also not sure on that as I don't keep up on people's boyfriends.)

One chick went to a sample sale so I'm sure the deals were AMAZING. One was pregnant and bought like a whole (or near) boutique worth of baby and young kid's clothes (gwen stefani.) I get that-- I mean, I don't get buying a kid so many baby clothes in one day when no doubt you're going to want to buy them more down the line resulting in a kid who wears clothing like maybe two or three times at most, but eh-- their money.

Now, Ms. Beckham, to me is the serious money-maker/spender, and she looks it clad all in fur and leather, enough to make a PETA member go crazy (but looking damn fine at the same time.) I want to see those dresses she bought. But she's on a whole different level, and makes that level look good.

The others-- eh, Paris Hilton...I mean, really-- you can only wear so many clothes in a day, how many costume changes DOES she do a day anyway?

I would say about half of the list is conspicuous consumption or just matierialistic gimme-gimmes. The other half I didn't get an icky feeling reading how much they spent or what they spent it on, but the bottom line is-- it's not our money. If you don't like these people, don't support their tv shows, product lines and such.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to FiendishGyrator For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JoJoX View Post
    sugar daddy? WHAT sugar daddy? she works hard for her money. and an opportunity to be with her? ok, what are the chances of that
    Her sugar daddy is the E! network for keeping her shows on the air. It's a parallel between a sugar daddy and his woman. He gets to be with her and gives her gifts in exchange for her looking pretty, likewise, we get to watch Kim.

Kardashian is famous for being famous. Tried to launch a music career? Did you hear her single? It was an insult to music. She would never have been allowed near a studio if not for her butt. I'm not hating, I don't really care. But it's hard not to admit that she has made no contributions to the art of music, or of acting.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to The Six For This Useful Post:

Thanks

They do not spend a small fraction of their money; they spend a lot of their money and its not occasional. That's why a lot of celebrities have lost all of their money. Did you see the episode where kim couldn't control her spending habits and she needed to buy more and more so she can feel better because she has a low self stem. Do you have any idea the big impact that makes on teenager that admire her? Do you know why this is becoming a decadent culture?? Do you know why our economy is not so great lately?? Because we like to imitate, and unfortunately we like to admire Narcissist people with little or no talent, that cannot teach us better, that we need to have the latest coach bag or shoes to feel good, when the reality is that those shoes are made in factories in china under poor working condition. and you know what??? going to shopping sprees wont make you feel happy in general, it wont fill the hole you have inside?? but you know what happens when you give money to the poor? when you give your time in helping people in need?? you feel happy inside. I do care about the way they spend their money, because I cannot be ignorant and pretend that is not affecting our world and the way we live?? and the people is affecting??? But then again we live in a capitalist country. Yeah I know a lot of them donate money, and is good that they donate money! and they will always will be donating money, because poor people are never gonna stop to exist unless, those millionaire people stop setting a bad example in our culture. The word is "Stupidity" they are making us dumb and stupid. "Shopping sprees" are not okay, because is proven that first; people that tend to do this want a short relief of all the stress and depression they have and once they stop shopping the stress and depression comes again, and all the materialistic things in this world wont be enough to make them happy. Second, because we like to imitate, we are gonna do the same and we are gonna spend more than we have and then debts come and then we dont have money to keep shopping and then we are depress. If we don't fix this behavior our culture is gonna end up really bad. If all of the celebrities donate half of their money and we put that money to work towards the poor and towards campaigns to teach people the real meaning of happiness and how to manage our money better, do you know how much better this world would be?? but no! we rather admire them when they go to their "shopping spree"
    People need to have a little more knowledge when it comes to cause and effect or you can just Laugh your ass off and be ignorant.
    Last edited by tropicalust; 07-27-2011 at 09:17 PM.

32. The Following User Says Thank You to tropicalust For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

They do not spend a small fraction of their money. They spend a lot of their money, and its not occasional.
    Okay, where's your proof?
    Show me someone off that lists' shopping receipts from last year, vs what she made, vs what she donated to charity and I'll accept this statement.

People can like to imitate all they want. That doesn't mean some every day person is going to go on a 10k shopping spree because a celeb did.
    People aren't as stupid as you seem to think... most have a reasonable idea what their budget is.
    To some people, however, image is more important than having a savings account... and that would be true whether Kim K buys 2 pairs of shoes or 200.
    There's this thing called PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. At the end of the day... you can't blame celebs for peoples choices... because the celebs didn't MAKE those people do... whatever the fuck they did.

when the reality is that those shoes are made in factories in china under poor working condition.
    Uhhh. Which shoes?

and you know what??? going to shopping sprees wont make you feel happy in general, it wont fill the hole you have inside?? but you know what happens when you give money to the poor? when you give your time in helping people in need?? you feel happy inside.
    A. I do not shop to fill a hole I don't have.
    B. You shouldn't donated money to 'feel happy inside'... you should do it because it's a good thing to do... or because you have the means to help other people and wish to do so.

I do care about the way they spend their money, because I cannot be ignorant and pretend that is not affecting our world and the way we live?? and the people is affecting???
    How much money did you spend on yourself/your appearance last year? Because instead of buying hairspray, you could've fed a starving person.
    How much money did you spend on your house/apartment? Was it the cheapest possible living available in your area? Because if not... you're spending money selfishly that could be used to help others.
    Do you own a car instead of take public transport? Because that's money you could've used to help other people.
    The computer and internet you're using? Unless you're a cam girl than it's money you could've donated to a worthy cause.

Oh wait. That's right. It's completely ridiculous to tell people they can't spend any of the money they've worked for on themselves or on luxuries.

"Shopping sprees" are not okay, because is proven that first people that tend to do this, want a short relief of all the stress and depression they have, and once they stop shopping the stress and depression comes again, and all the materialistic things in this world wont be enough to make them happy.
    I went on a shopping spree a few days ago. I did it because I needed clothes... it had nothing to do with stress or depression... that I even don't have.
    If I had more money than I did... probably would've been a bigger shopping spree, too.
    Sometimes... people go on shopping sprees because they need new shit. Like, from that list, Gwen Stefanie buying BABY CLOTHES.

If all of the celebrities donate half of their money and we put that money to work towards poor and campaigns to teach people the real meaning of happiness and how to manage our money better, do you know how much better this world would be??
    Do YOU donate half of all the money you make?
    Because otherwise you're a hypocrite. Thanks, and have a nice day.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to DesuvsDeath For This Useful Post:

Thanks

It seems that you just didn't get the point, First of all, I'm not talking about me or about you, I'm talking people in general, of course there are exceptions. But you just manage to make it about yourself.
    Second of all, you need to do some research because you are talking because you are just saying the first thing that comes to your mind. What shoes??? do you know that it only cost 3 dollar to make nike shoes in china?? Do you know that designers buy a lot of their merchandise from china?? and do you know how much we pay for that?? I guess you don't
    Third, obviously people need to buy clothes duh! Im not saying never to buy.
    Fourth, half you said its absurd, because you don't know me, my life its not in public like kim or other celebrities. For your info, The way I live its everything but capitalist! Because I actually do some research I know how to live a life with little money and be happy, because you know what??? I just didn't want to say this but more than half of the money I made goes to charity. People that know me in person knows what kind of person I am. Anyways if it makes you happy to fight and justify for our beloved capitalist system, go ahead, The price we are paying for that its higher. But again I recommend you to so some research and do comparisons in about every aspect, because I see a lack of knowledge in what you said. Capitalism tends to blind its children, Therefore, I'm leaving this thread in peace.
    Last edited by tropicalust; 07-28-2011 at 08:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,570 Times in 661 Posts

capitalism tends to blind its children, therefore, i'm leaving this thread in peace.

What?

37. The Following User Says Thank You to lemiwinks31 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,127 Times in 1,638 Posts

Wish they would splurge on a bit of stripper therapy
    Tiny tweaks----->BIG CHANGES

Quote Originally Posted by Kirakonstantin View Post
    More fear-mongering? Really? Yes, this is not the 1990's anymore. Yes, things are changing. Either dance or don't. Freaking out and sowing fear isn't going to help anyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast