Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: How to sign up for sites directly to earn more (aka avoid studios)

Thanks
    Thanked 11,337 Times in 1,931 Posts
    My Mood
    Hungover

WWW How to sign up for sites directly to earn more (aka avoid studios)

Given how aggressively studios advertise to get cam models to work for them - it may help to have one thread on SW on how to sign up for "mega sites" directly. Mega sites tend to have high traffic, high model turnover and low payout percentages for the model... which makes it attractive to 'recruiters' to create a business taking a percentage of earnings as a 'studio'. Please note that by mega sites I am referring to: livejasmin, myfreecams, flirt4free, adultwork, camcontacts, ifriends, imlive, streamate, webcams, cams, and naked.

To be clear - studios can be physical locations that are like a webcam calling center. This is not what is being referred to here.

This thread is about online "agencies" and virtual "representatives" that recruit cam models and take a percentage of their earnings in order to sign you up for a mega site. Usually these percentages are staggering and you the model will end up earning 15-30% per minute instead of 30-70% per minute. They thrive on cam girls not knowing how to sign up for sites directly.

Search around on adult online business forums (blackhatworld, ynot, gfy, etc) - studio owners talk and teach other about how to keep camgirls uninformed, how to deal with models not logging in or filling out applications, how to hide their real earnings from them, and how to coerce cammodels into staying with them. Do these tactics sound familiar?.

Signing up for the site directly means you: won't be obligated to work a set schedule, you will earn a higher percentage per minute, you won't be forced or expected to work exclusively with one company, you won't get emails or tweets harassing you to work more, you control what sites you appear on, you can freely close and open accounts on sites, and more. Basically you will work independently and earn a higher payout percentage than if you join a studio.
    Special issue: If you live in a country where you *have* to sign up through a studio in order to stream (find out first! but largely it can mean anywhere but the US, UK, Western Europe, Canada, Australia, and New Zealand)we can try to help you find a studio that has a competitive payout percentage.

Links to direct applications for: Streamate, MyFreeCams, ImLive, Cams.com, Flirt4Free, Webcams.com, iFriends, and AdultWork

How do I know I am signing up with a studio and not the site directly?

Most BIG TRAFFIC cam websites do not post job ads. If you see job ads calling for webcam models on sexyjobs, backpage, adultjobs, in classifieds, cityvibe, craigslist, on twitter, on stripperweb even... then it is almost always a studio. A multi-million dollar company does not need to troll boards for one possible signup.

Other signs you're dealing with a webcam studio:
    1. Unsolicited offer: If you get an email or tweet out of the blue to join a mega website - they are probably a studio.
    2. Personal attention: If you are getting a lot of personal attention by email, phone, IMs, DMs, texts, etc. Big sites tend to hide their real office numbers bc theyre already extremely busy. The owner of Streamate.com doesnt want to just sit and chat with you.... but a studio does.
    3. Key words: Look for words like - recruiter, promotions, studio, agency, representative, training, in their emails and on their website. Also studios seem to love TYPING IN CAPSLOCKS and using exclamation points!!!!!
    4. Aggressiveness: you have to sign up NOW NOW. incessant emails asking why your application is not completed. Some studios are so desperate for completed signups theyll require teamviewer as a part of their application process.
    5. Payout percentages: if you're able to actually get them to answer how much your payout percentage and PPM fees will be (and in detail, with real figures, not only 'up to 10,000 a week!' or 'up to 80%!'). Your earnings should never be only described as 'up to' if you contact customer service. If the payout is under 30% - it is probably a studio (exception is: Cams.com is 29%). Some studios only charge 3-5% on top of the website's fees but MOST charge way more than that. If you dont trust what youre being told and want to know a site's payout percentages and PPM fee structures, ask here.
    6. Lack of straight answers, no real contract, get impatient if you ask too many questions: you get the runaround when you ask direct questions and they only respond with hype, personal stories, testimonies, pressure, and no real numbers. They may get defensive if you call them a studio and will try to use euphemisms like promo company. broadcasters or modeling agency. Also if they refuse to tell you what sites you appear on (and instead say something like "you'll get amazing traffic from our HUGE network"... their HUGE network btw are usually just white labels for the same site).
    7. They email you from a free domain: ie, gmail, aol, live, hotmail, etc.
    8. "Submit your pics to be considered": most mega sites are indiscriminate and only care if you're over 18 (except MFC and naked.com only take non-TS women). There is no real consideration process - the only 'consideration' they need is the ability to fulfill 2257 age verification requirements. This is a tactic to prey on the insecure, collect pictures, and to also make the company appear exclusive.
    9. Auditions: . This is gross but common practice for many studios and promo agencies. No "mega" cam site asks for an audition. Ever. Ever. Ever. Hell, no legitimate indie site does either.
    10. Domain whois / registry data: Do they have a godaddy or cheapdomains account? Was the site only registered within the past year or so? Can you see the full name of the person who registered the domain? They are probably a studio. For ex- this is the registry info for a big site, here is the registry info for a studio. Be aware that this is not foolproof, but it can confirm suspicions.
    11. Cyprus?: This is kind of a joke - but I was once contacted (unsolicited) by a studio and I asked them if they knew what 'cyprus' means. They did not know. I asked this because a bunch of mega sites have business stations in Cyprus. A real representative for a megasite would know Cyprus is a country where they have addresses registered. Well, they also would not be trolling camgirls on Yahoo...
    12. They'll say you don't *have* to get naked or do xxx: this is how they lure non-sexworkers in with the promise of "easy and fast money". Studios will not wait for you to build your non-nude brand independent of them. Doing non-nude or fetish requires heavy marketing, customer grooming, and patience - studios are allergic to all three of those things. Camming is, by & large, an adult entertainment job.
    13. Paypal: Paypal is not an adult-friendly service. If a "modeling agency" is offering to pay you for your work through paypal they're a studio. Paypal regularly freezes accounts they suspect of adult transactions... "Freeze" means you won't get your money.
    14. We're female-run: this is a luring tactic to get you to sign up faster. if it is actually true (rare): a studio is still a studio.
    15. Job ad boards: try not to apply for webcam jobs by responding to job ads on any of the following sites or sites similar to them: craigslist, backpage, gumtree, adultjobs, freepostsites, monster, acting job listings, stripperweb(!), etc... the majority are cam virtual studios for major sites.
    -------------------------

1. I want to be a cam model, what do I need to apply on my own?
    In order to apply to be a cam model on all sites - you will need to have a copy of your scanned ID. It'd be best to have copies of your ID in color and in multiple formats (jpg, pdf, etc). You will also need a picture of you holding the ID to your face (with your hand visible), so take a few of these pictures and save it to your hard drive to make signing up for multiple sites easier.

Most sites require you to print out their age verification form, contract, and/or tax forms. You will need to have access to a printer and scanner to be able to upload these documents yourself. If these forms are not available on their website and/or they fail to send it to you after you submit an inquiry - be sure to contact customer service directly. By that I mean you're pulling the email address from the site and emailing someone whose email address is hosted on the same domain.

Keep in mind most sites give multiple payment options - so if you do not have a bank account or do not want to get sent checks - there are ways around this.

You also do not have to only work for one site. A studio almost lured me in by saying that they can put me on many sites without getting me in "trouble" for breaking exclusivity. It is bullshit. Sign up for as many mega sites as you want. Close and open your account on as many sites as you want.

2. How do I get the application from sites to apply directly?
    Scroll to the bottom of the site. Look at the text at the footer of the site. You'll see "become a model" "sign up as a host" "model signup" or "models wanted". Click those and you'll be directed to their sign up process.

If you cannot find it on their site - go to their contact page and request it. Or ask here.

Links to direct applications for: Streamate, MyFreeCams, ImLive, Naked, Cams.com, Webcams.com, iFriends, and AdultWork

3. Studios control my profiles?
    Their goal is to make money off of your money, so they aren't handsoffish.

One thing that I see a lot of studios say is "you cannot hide your face on webcam", uh, yes you can if you sign up on your own. It is a studio rule, it is rarely a mega-website rule (please note that a face pic is required on Cams.com). If you sign up for sites directly you can zoom the cam on your pinky toe if you want.

4. What if I sign up for a studio for a few weeks because they have daily pay... I just need to pay a few bills! Then I can sign up for the site directly, right?
    Studios have contracts that prevent models from just leaving them. Some enforce time periods after you leave them before you can sign up for the site on your own. 6months-a year is the standard. Also there are pay services that have a far better track record here and dont impose time limits on when you can leave.

5. This studio is offering to block countries and states. I can't risk being exposed. I don't want to be a professional model or anything, I just need money.
    That is totally understandable. But all megasites listed above offer to block regions. This is not a special studio service. Studios can't block regions on your behalf, only the site you're appearing on can.

6. Won't they promote me?
    Most studio promo is lazy, nonexistent, or both. I mean scheduling tweets, tweeting, harassing you on twitter, posting on dating sites, spamming people. Remember - they have you on MEGA sites with pre-existing paying traffic (and a lot of it). They don't need to do much of anything to get you customers. If they do promote you, the vast majority of what they do is via free social media sites that you can just do on your own.

7. I am having a hard time signing up for a site and have so many questions... isn't a studio easier because they'll help you?
    Please remember that most megasites take 50-70% of your earnings. ask them all the questions you want.
    Last edited by PhatGirlDynomite!!!; 01-01-2018 at 04:39 PM. Reason: links. copy edits, trying to shorten this behemoth

2. The Following 188 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

2BooBoo4U,Abe,AFNetwork4U,aleciaxxx,Alex OBrian,AliceBBW,AlleysonChains,AmethystLily,AmyEvergreen,angelababe,angel_cakes,AngeXx,AnistonGarner,AnnabelLow,annikah,Arialandre,Aria_Blunt,Aster*Risque,Athena513,Audrina Parks,audritwo,Avamonet,AvrilStone,babyd,BANHammerGoddess,Beentheredonethat,Bigsoftandwet1,BitchEva,Blasiancutie,BlkSharpie,BrandiSkye79,BrandyLynn,britchick85,Bronwyn_Grey,bubblegumbitch,CamWhore,CandiceS,Candy_Woman,caramelcraze,CarmenF,CarolinaBelle,CatB,CharJW,Charlotteslut,CreativeName,Cristalla,Crustyz,curiousbby,CurvyWinona,DaddyslilHeaven,Dave-Hopeful,DIAMONDLOVER,Dickyboy,Dixie_Rider,DMaribella,ElianaIsis,EllaRose,gingermoon,GlamourRouge,h0ttie,HamNcheese,HaydenBlue,Holly_xoxo,HoneyTrap,Hxchayley,iiLUSiiONS,IsobelWren,IvyRose,jasminejayde,jb3media,JenniferNorth,JessRyan,JKonCB,Joanna_Kaary,JoJoX,JosephJJ,JoyKitten,Kaley,Kalypso,KarmaComa,Kaylan,kikiwiki,Kileycorrupt,kinkydirtybitch,KitanaBlades,kittykrane,kk446,KloeClark,kristimaxx,LaceyCummings,laceyvvv,LAChloe,LacyStockings,lauretta-x,laurielegs,Layla Red,lifetravelergirl,LilyAnderson,little_missnaughty,LolaBohemia,london,louise33,loveshooks,Lumi,MaddieCakes,magicgembliss,Magichat,Marķa Bala,Maricolley,mariegolden,Marina Starr,Matt_California,MelantheDivine,membersandmodels,mia_fey,Mia_Morae,Mimi-Marquez,Mindy-Lotus,MissBuns,MissEricax,MissKatie,Miss_ShaSha,MistyRose,ModestMolly,moniquedoll,mountaingirl,Ms.Lacey,ms_cottontail,MyRealNameIsWeird,nemcis,NerdieFlirt,Noa,Noelle_Noir,Nyla19,Oliviaaa,PikanteMan,piper_ferris,Pippi_Hicks,PrincessJenny,Quixotic,raine07,RaineyLane,RedMeg,Rlyn,Rosexxxx,rusty94,Sammygal,sandyrrruh,SashaKittyXXX,ScottieTheHottie,SexyPorsche,SexySadie120,sexysusie,ShayBaby,SinfulSerena,skypark,SoManySparkles,spoiledivy,starcraft,SubSpace666,swamato,SweetAmber,SweetAmber32,sweetheather,SweetJulia,sweetsexy000,tastytease,TheBrownFox,tlulu,Tsani,twistedprincess,valentinexo,VelvetRose,Via Flaminia,violetmars,Violetxox,vivianbear,Vlodina,voodoo_babyy,We had a rabbit like you,WendiStarr,WintersKiss,wr1ter,xBellax,xXMamiXx,Your Evil Twin,ZxZ,~Carmen~

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,530 Times in 1,485 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

Default Re: How to sign up for sites directly to earn more (aka avoid studios)

Great advice

Featured Member
    Thanks

Roast is awesome. JS!

Banned
    Thanks

U are really awesome Roast....

Thanks

Newbie Here: Great info pack. Thanks

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Meadowlicious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,232 Times in 567 Posts

What a great write-up!
    "SS=stripper shit, in the same spectrum as CS=customer shit, which is within the spectrum of SaS=sales shit, which is all contained in the universe of BS=bullshit." -- Jay Zeno (mod)

"Show me a hot chick and I'll show you someone who's tired of fucking her."

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to vivianbear For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,000 Posts

Amazing Roast!!

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LAChloe For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

Can this be a sticky? We have to save some of these girls....studios are such pimps!

Thanks
    Thanked 4,177 Times in 1,174 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused

I agree, sticky sticky sticky!

I was almost signed up through a recruiter that I thought was my friend. He acted like he was on hiring staff for this big company and his cut wouldn't come out of my earnings. So glad I found this forum first!

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tsani For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Thanks guys - I hope it helps some people out

Also here is the direct application for LiveJasmin: http://registration.livejasmin.com/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Procrasturbator View Post
    So how many stumps can you fit in your pussy?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,927 Times in 1,000 Posts

bump* bump* bump*

18. The Following User Says Thank You to LAChloe For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,550 Times in 5,596 Posts

FANTASTIC thread, roast!
    "You'll get no sympathy from me! You want sympathy...look in the dictionary between SHIT and SYPHILIS! That's where you'll find my sympathy!" - Major Payne

20. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I agree that this needs to be a sticky, since the thread I read above this has a lady who accidentally signed up with a studio.
    Great info as always

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kaley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Thanks mod/s! Sorry for the false alarm.

(I reported this thread D: to get it stickied)

I really hope it helps in the long run

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Thanks

yes i almost signed with internet model comp and would have been very disapointed

Banned
    Thanks

Great info!

I'm so glad I was patient and decided to do my research and ended up at SW...I ALMOST signed up through .com but hedged for a while. Thanks for being so great, girls!

Thanks

Thumbs up Re: How to sign up for sites directly to earn more (aka avoid studios)

This was a tottaly detailed and awesome guide; i love this but i wish i would have seen this before i signed up for a few studio's. So i appliedand got accepted for a few that i did not begin work on after reading this, hopefuly they will delete me out of there system. There are two that i did begin work on and it seems like such a waist. The direct web caming is deffinetly the better choice take it from me.

twitter me @@BigsoftAndwet1

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bigsoftandwet1 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well shit why couldnt I have seen this before I signed with a studio!? Fuuuuuuk

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Quote Originally Posted by pittgirl826 View Post
    Well shit why couldnt I have seen this before I signed with a studio!? Fuuuuuuk
    We can ransack their office

I believe people have gotten out of it by signing up under a dailypay (DP) service offered by the user PrincessJenny (PJ) here. That *is* a studio service but the deduction is 5%... and I believe 3% if you do it weekly but I may have misread one of her posts.

However, given that is a 15% cut, it may be your best bet - but my understanding about DP is you can join and leave at any time. Also DP has a better reputation than most services that exist if you want to search the feedback here. She advertises her services and website here.

Or you can try other sites as well.

31. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Thanks

What an amazing post!!! I made the mistake of signing up with a studio (ModelXOnline) instead of directly with MFC and they swiped 15% off my earnings.

33. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MelissaBlade For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,550 Times in 5,596 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by roast View Post
    However, given that is a 15% cut, it may be your best bet - but my understanding about DP is you can join and leave at any time. Also DP has a better reputation than most services that exist if you want to search the feedback here. She advertises her services and website here.

pays 20%. PrincessJenny, who I adore, was recently able to get me out of their stupid 1-year contract and onto Streamate's daily pay service.

This thread is awesome!
    "You'll get no sympathy from me! You want sympathy...look in the dictionary between SHIT and SYPHILIS! That's where you'll find my sympathy!" - Major Payne

35. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

^Thanks for the correction. Yes, 35% is what Streamate pays, Internet Modeling (http://www..com/ - but they use a bunch of redirects like webcamwork.com, webcamjob.com, etc) pays 20% so you lose a whopping 15% using their service.

37. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 9,932 Times in 1,856 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Cheeky

One thing to note about paperwork. If you don't have a scanner and you don't want to go to Kinkos (trust me, they don't care) you can use a good digital camera. Even my four year old point-and-click Nikon takes photos good enough to read the text on a sheet of paper.

For all my photo ID and "send this form in" needs I put the paper on a flat, well lit (but not glaring) surface, turn off the flash on my camera and get close enough to the paper that it fills the screen from top to bottom (don't take the picture at an angle). Take a photo of it, upload it to your computer, keep it at the highest resolution and send it in.

That's how I've signed up for all the camsites I'm currently on.

I

Quote Originally Posted by Renton View Post
    Him: we could meet... im 5ft 9 sexy italian with a 8 inch love stick...imagine playing with me... how would you do it
    Me: I would cut off your dick and feed it to the pigs

39. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to IsobelWren For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Damn! I think I just signed up for a studio.
    I'm brand new to camming and my so called "friend" and her boyfriend (who claims he's a recruiter) talked me into signing up with Recession Girlz! Is RecessionGirlz.com a studio?
    And if it is, what can do I? Am I totally fucked now?
    I've only worked 3 times - I only had a private show on one night. I did the "Free To Go Private" then I got one private. I did a 30 minute show at $4.99 a minute. That means if I were to get 100% of the earnings I'd make almost $150. I think the recruiter guy said I made $50 off that.
    Is that good? Average? Shitty? Rip off?
    I'm not having good luck getting private shows or even making jack shit off of this, so whenever I have the chance to do a private, I want to make as much as possible.

Thanks for your help ladies! Great posts so far!

XO

Thanks
    My Mood
    Hungover

Yikes RecessionGirlz is the name of the site? haha ok wow

From the voyeur view keyhole thing it looks like ImLive.com but they have features like iFriends, especially since they have such a big network (presumably whitelabels) http://recessiongirlz.info/our-network/,they seem to spam Backpage like crazy, plus their FAQs say that they are selective in who they approve which to me usually means it is a fledgling new site or its a studio pretending exclusivity.... plus its domain is registered on GoDaddy... which are all the telltale of a studio.

OK, have digging around....

...I am about 95% sure it is ifriends. Compare the people who appear on http://www.ifriends.net to http://www.recessiongirlz.com and they're the same models, so it appears to be a studio/white label hybrid.

Making $50 off of $150 means you're earning 30%, ifriends pays a higher percentage than that depending on if you promise exclusivity or opt to get paid immediately/forfeit reserve. So my guess is youre in a studio.

I am not familiar with ifriends and their studios unfortunately but you could always try applying to the site directly and requesting recessionGirlz close your account. Cant hurt. Either way youll still appear on RecessionGirlz because it is a whitelabel (basically a carbon copy) of ifriends... so youll get the same amount of traffic since RecessionGirlz doesnt appear to do much advertising beyond MySpace and Twitter.

you are free to apply to other sites as well though

42. The Following User Says Thank You to roast For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast