+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Getting An Apartment with a Stripper Job

Thanks

Cell Phone Getting An Apartment with a Stripper Job

So in about two months I want to move out to a very decent apartment. How does having a job as a dancer and the whole verification of work/salary work out when you are in the process of that?

This place requires 3x the income than what it costs, so I am not sure whether I should get a good legit job so show that as my verification and hopefully leave that for dancing, or does the salary of being a stripper take care of the verification process?

Please note, I plan to start working in approx. 1 month, so I would probably have 2-3 months working..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,521 Times in 560 Posts
    My Mood
    Sick

Default Re: Getting An Apartment with a Stripper Job

In my first apartment I made fake check stubs and a fake letter from my baby daddy's work and we got the place in his name. They didn't read too far into our "proof". I used Microsoft Excel to make the fake check stubs, and I configured the taxes properly.

For my second apartment I lived in (first one that was in my name, no co signer) I gave them my work receipts. My club gave us receipts each night totaling what we paid them and what we made, excluding tips. I gave them a few weeks worth of receipts and paid a $300 security. Rent was $700. I had no credit history, or prior rental history.

I'm moving in 5 days to a condo, it's 1500 sq ft, 2 BR, 2 BA, 1 car attached garage. Rent is almost $1,000/month. It's costing me $4,020 to move in. 1st month's rent pro rated, last two months rent, and $1500 security. I had very little credit, but some, and 13 months rental history at the time. I was never late. It's taken me one month to save the money.

If you aren't lucky enough to have proof of income then you may need a big down payment. In Michigan they technically can't ask for more than 1 1/2 times rent and 1st months rent down, but even though my landlord is technically doing something illegal by asking for so much upfront I really did want the place. It's in a much safer area.

Typically speaking if you have around $3,000 saved (depending on how high rent is) you should be able to move in. If you walk in there and say "I have $3,000 to put down today, will you rent to me?" after explaining you are a stripper then they might rent to you. You can bring a copy of your work contract if you have one too.

If you pay your taxes then bring in your 1040 and/or 1099-misc.

If you have a bank account that you make regular deposits in then you can bring in your bank statements from the last 2-3 months to show that you have regularly deposited money into your account--therefore, you make good money.

If you have a credit card/credit history and have not been late paying rent then this will help. Provide personal and professional references as well as contact information for previous landlords.

If worst comes to worst, try to find a responsible co-signer AFTER they have denied you for renting alone.
    If you are willing to do for one year what other's won't, you can spend a lifetime doing what other's cant.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Laurisa For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know sometimes you're able to show bank deposits as income, so a bank statement with the appropriate amount being deposited on a regular basis may be enough.
    Some mistakes are too much fun to only make once.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,803 Times in 766 Posts

i'm going to give you hypothetical information that i've totally never ever done but a friend of a friend of a friend did this.

forge documents and lie until the keys are in your hand.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by camille27 View Post
    i'm going to give you hypothetical information that i've totally never ever done but a friend of a friend of a friend did this.

forge documents and lie until the keys are in your hand.

Legally speaking, I don't think this is a good idea at all. It's fraud otherwise. Not a good idea.
    "You're better than no one and no one is better than you."
    -- Bob Dylan

“There's never going to be a great misunderstanding of me. I think I'm a little whacked.” Pamela Anderson

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted

Quote Originally Posted by Laurisa View Post

For my second apartment I lived in (first one that was in my name, no co signer) I gave them my work receipts. My club gave us receipts each night totaling what we paid them and what we made, excluding tips. I gave them a few weeks worth of receipts and paid a $300 security. Rent was $700. I had no credit history, or prior rental history.

I'm moving in 5 days to a condo, it's 1500 sq ft, 2 BR, 2 BA, 1 car attached garage. Rent is almost $1,000/month. It's costing me $4,020 to move in. 1st month's rent pro rated, last two months rent, and $1500 security. I had very little credit, but some, and 13 months rental history at the time. I was never late. It's taken me one month to save the money.

If you aren't lucky enough to have proof of income then you may need a big down payment. In Michigan they technically can't ask for more than 1 1/2 times rent and 1st months rent down, but even though my landlord is technically doing something illegal by asking for so much upfront I really did want the place. It's in a much safer area.

Typically speaking if you have around $3,000 saved (depending on how high rent is) you should be able to move in. If you walk in there and say "I have $3,000 to put down today, will you rent to me?" after explaining you are a stripper then they might rent to you. You can bring a copy of your work contract if you have one too.

If you pay your taxes then bring in your 1040 and/or 1099-misc.

If you have a bank account that you make regular deposits in then you can bring in your bank statements from the last 2-3 months to show that you have regularly deposited money into your account--therefore, you make good money.

If you have a credit card/credit history and have not been late paying rent then this will help. Provide personal and professional references as well as contact information for previous landlords.

If worst comes to worst, try to find a responsible co-signer AFTER they have denied you for renting alone.

This. This is all very sound advice that should prob be the most helpful to the OP. I've had to do the double deposit myself. I usually just tell my landlords or company what my job is as well -& its never hurt me in the past. In the end money talks.

Good Luck, OP
    "You're better than no one and no one is better than you."
    -- Bob Dylan

“There's never going to be a great misunderstanding of me. I think I'm a little whacked.” Pamela Anderson

Thanks

You also can get your club to write a letter that states your income on company newsletter. I've never had a problem getting that. Alot of times they'll say that you're a waitress if you ask them to.

+ Reply to Thread