Thread: Recording clips q's

Thanks

Default Recording clips q's

I'm still trying to get some more clips on my new c4s website. I already made two and sold them both but I'm having some tech issues. For example, do you girls record in a large resolution? I'm using a digital camera and I can do 640x480 or 340x260. I am wanting to do the 340 sized one because I'll be able to take longer clips and the size will be smaller but I've already made two videos in the bigger size. I figured out I can change a lot of settings in Movie Maker but I forgot to save them as a project, UGH! Still not big problem though (I'm really type A so everything has to match perfectly). Sorry to ramble, my big Q is what's the better resolution size?

Also on C4S I asked them what my bf needed to add clips too and they said he just needs to log in and upload them. They didn't mention anything about giving a pic of his ID or filling out forms.

And any other video taking or C4S tips would be appreciated
    Looking for affordable web or graphic design? SEO? Wordpress help? Send me a PM

Thanks

Default Re: Recording clips q's

Umm, frankly if the largest resolution you can record in is 640x480, that's crap. You will do MUCH better to get a better camera and record at higher quality. It really does make a difference, not only in the way you look on video but in your SALES. There is almost no point even making videos at such low quality. Buyers will not be inclined to keep buying your stuff when they see the poor video quality.

Most customers want at LEAST 720x540 or 840x473widescreen. Even if you compress them at those smaller sizes, the originals should be recorded at HIGHER quality (preferably HD) because you usually lose a little quality at import/export.

If you record at low quality then change the size to something larger at edit, that doesn't really work. It's just making a crap video bigger, which is actually worse.

Also movie maker is the worst video editor out there. Need something better. Sony Vegas is good on PC. I also used to use VideoPad on PC and it worked well for the price ($60).

You really need to invest in better equipment. Even if you think you can't afford it - find a way. Trust me it's worth the investment!

tessarubyxoxo: somehow i ended up on SW's homepage.... then i clicked on "forums." & i was in fucking narnia.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 775 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

pinnacle videospin is a good free editor. i've used that to make clips in the past, but want to get a copy of sony vegas one of these days.

why can't you use your webcam instead of a digital camera that's not built for taking high quality video? even the logitech 9000 can do better than that.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tinydancer23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

My webcam is just one built into my laptop its not good at all. My digital camera is good quality, but how would I upload a video that large? If the resolution and quality is so big it would take me days to upload. And I'm not going to buy any software, I'm not looking to go all out. I'm just trying to make some cash selling clips, I'm not looking to pour all my time into it.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 775 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

you need to get an external webcam. my guess is the fact that you're using a built-in webcam could be contributing to your lack of success on sm (as you've posted elsewhere). the logitech 9000 runs for $40-$75 depending, and it will make your life SO much easier for both live camming and clip creation/content sales.

any good video editing software will compress the files from your webcam or digital camera so they're a more manageable size.

investing in a decent cam and a bit of software isn't "going all out," it's doing the basic minimum needed to have any kind of success. and as i said, there is a good video editing program available that does not cost money.

7. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to tinydancer23 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I know I need a new webcam but I'm not able to get one till I get more money from school or my job lol. I will look into the software. How much editing do clips require? I typically just watermark them and cut out sections.

Thanks
    Thanked 22,998 Times in 3,864 Posts

I use my webcam. AVS recorder and set the standard for recording to 600x800 in the highest resolution I can do.
    Then I use AVS editor to convert the files into smaller files by adjusting the bit rate. They do have youtube videos on how to do this. You can also watermark & edit.
    Mostly I try to film clips where I do no editing at all to save me time.
    AVS recorder was free, the avs editor cost me about $70.

Smooches,
    Sam

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sam38g For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Well, you won't make much cash selling poor quality videos. That was the point. I constantly see girls trying to sell poor quality videos wondering why they're not making much money. Then look at those who DO sell a lot - their videos are better quality.

You need faster internet if it would take all day to upload a decent quality video. You don't have to sell HD videos to make decent money, but you do need to offer a decent quality.

A decent editor will compress the file to a size that isn't too huge to upload.

Anyone who expects to make money at this needs to be willing to invest a little into it. Do you want to make $200 or $2000 a month selling videos? Video quality makes a huge difference in income.

I sell mine at 960x540 or 720x540 depending on whether I filmed it in widescreen or not, H264 format, 29.97 frame rate, 2000k data rate, 128 audio. This is a decent quality for selling to most customers. My file sizes run roughly 10m per minute of video (5 minute video is about 50m). That's a pretty standard size for good quality video.

tessarubyxoxo: somehow i ended up on SW's homepage.... then i clicked on "forums." & i was in fucking narnia.

Thanks

Thanks, this was helpful info I hope to get a new quality web cam soon. Logitech Pro 9000 most likely

Thanks

i record in 640x480 & i think i do pretty well? :/ i tried recording in HD but man, takes so long to encode.

follow me on twittah<3

Thanks
    Thanked 4,299 Times in 1,672 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

i love the logitech 9000 - i bought a couple of more expensive Logitech's and i ended up going back to the trusty 9000 - i'm sticking with it till i can afford a sony type / remote zoom etc

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikki_Fox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cold

I also had the same question about clips. Like on MFC and MGF, Kinkbomb and C4S... Do you have to have the other persons info if they star in a video with you. What about POV, like if the guy doesn't show his face? I want to do POV for MGF and MFC sales but I wasn't sure and can't find any info on it.

Thanks

The legal answer about ID is that you need a copy of ID and a signed model release from ALL parties appearing in your videos.

As for recording, you don't necessarily have to record in HD but you should record in a higher quality than 640x480 to get good visual. Better quality video makes better preview images, both of which lead to better SALES.

I could totally live comfortably on just my video sales, and still have extra money to spend. Obviously I have some established clientele now but my sales rose dramatically when I started using better equipment and offering better quality stuff. It doesn't have to be professional level, but something a bit better than the lowest level amateur is definitely $$$.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

thx!!!

Thanks

I'm low on cash atm, so been using the trial version of Corel till the end of the month when I can buy the full license. Could be a good way for you to get a batch of high quality videos going and reinvest the sales into a full program, see which good programs give you a 30 day trial.