Thread: imlive - another fed up thread

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Angry imlive - another fed up thread

so, today im fed up with imlive too.
    it used to be a good site years ago, yet only good enough to have it open in the background. now its imdead not imlive, but i guess out of sentiment i keep it open in the background. also, i dont mind extra 200$ each month (yep, its THAT bad there).
    last pay period i got a huge cb there, and now there are -50something$ in my earnings. negative balance, that is. ok, 50 bucks isnt that much, right? also, 100something$ i had made that pay period and didnt get - ok, who cares? shit happens. but somehow it has killed all the mood for me. i dont feel like opening it anymore. at all. ever. ok, that will mean 200$ less each month but at the moment i just cant handle the idea of giving away free shows for 50something $ just to start with a 0 balance, not a negative one. not to mention the idea that ive given free shows for over 100$ already (yep, they took all from that paycheck too).

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gingergina For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 10,153 Times in 3,294 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

Default Re: imlive - another fed up thread

Quote Originally Posted by gingergina View Post
    so, today im fed up with imlive too.
    it used to be a good site years ago, yet only good enough to have it open in the background. now its imdead not imlive, but i guess out of sentiment i keep it open in the background. also, i dont mind extra 200$ each month (yep, its THAT bad there).
    last pay period i got a huge cb there, and now there are -50something$ in my earnings. negative balance, that is. ok, 50 bucks isnt that much, right? also, 100something$ i had made that pay period and didnt get - ok, who cares? shit happens. but somehow it has killed all the mood for me. i dont feel like opening it anymore. at all. ever. ok, that will mean 200$ less each month but at the moment i just cant handle the idea of giving away free shows for 50something $ just to start with a 0 balance, not a negative one. not to mention the idea that ive given free shows for over 100$ already (yep, they took all from that paycheck too).
    Some people actually do really really good there still. Some do horrible. A lot do in-between.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,865 Times in 1,059 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

the cbs there are out of control! sorry this happend to u
    "Achieving success is a challenge but so is struggling so you may as well choose success."

5. The Following User Says Thank You to h0ttie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by h0ttie View Post
    the cbs there are out of control! sorry this happend to u
    they have always been there, and some have been massive before, but for the first time cbs have left me with a negative balance. now i just cant decide if i want to work for free for a while (until its not negative anymore) and then keep getting my petty pennies as usual, or do i want to give up on them completely.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,560 Times in 531 Posts

Last edited by Busygirl; 03-12-2012 at 01:40 PM.

8. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Busygirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by Busygirl View Post
    Don't work for them, really, just don't. That cam site is still live because performers like you (and me once) keep working for free for them. I don't believe anybody is doing good one there, only if the site owners keep feeding their top performers with charge back money from other models, so they can say they do good on there and spread the word to continue getting new models (victims) to replace those that got fed up with them.
    i might just do that. at least for a while. or until the videos i have uploaded there ages ago make enough money to cover that negative balance. that might take a year though
    and actually, their HOF is kind of a weird thing. it was a to total WTF moment for me when i found out that you have to make something like 1000$ in a pay period to be in that HOF. wtf, 1000$ in two weeks and you are one of the best there? lol. fail. 500$ in a week to be one of the best?! thats not even 100$ a day if you work every day.
    so, those who do really good there average 500$ a week? wtf, wtf i say.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,865 Times in 1,059 Posts
    My Mood
    Lurking

if i was in the negatives like that i would probably quit..i don't think its worth it. i would find another site to replace it because there really is no money on that site anymore. i still use it now..but only because i have a few good regulars there. i usually don't even accept new customers(fear of cbs) unless its dead everywhere.
    "Achieving success is a challenge but so is struggling so you may as well choose success."

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. Back to streamate I go.

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

I rather make 35% with no chargebacks versus %30 with iffy traffic + chargebacks.......

Thanks
    Thanked 2,840 Times in 808 Posts

I started on IMlive but havent been on in a year because like you, i have a negative balance. I know that some cb's are legitimate but I don't believe they all are. They can keep money and say it's a cb but what proof do they give? It's a shady site and I don't like the idea of working two weeks then having to keep your fingers crossed and get stressed as the cut off time comes and you find out if you even get your money. Plus...the ones that put me in the negative were from 4 months before the date they hit me with it. LAME !!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,560 Times in 531 Posts

it's a great site for me
    Last edited by Busygirl; 03-12-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I hate that site! it was the first site i was ever on and it was terr-i-ble!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I don't think these are charges back from the credit card. I think these guys complain to imlive and imlive takes the credits from the model and then the guys are allowed to use the money with a different model, so Imlive loses nothing and screws the model.

There is no way any credit card processor would continue to work with them with the outrageous amount of "chargbacks" they have.

17. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to nadia29 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

i might just do that. at least for a while. or until the videos i have uploaded there ages ago make enough money to cover that negative balance. that might take a year though
    and actually, their HOF is kind of a weird thing. it was a to total WTF moment for me when i found out that you have to make something like 1000$ in a pay period to be in that HOF. wtf, 1000$ in two weeks and you are one of the best there? lol. fail. 500$ in a week to be one of the best?! thats not even 100$ a day if you work every day.
    so, those who do really good there average 500$ a week? wtf, wtf i say.
    I've been so disgusted with their chargebacks that I deleted all my recorded shows and haven't been on for several months. I feel your pain, straight up!

The sucky thing is that I have such a great fetish clientele base with them, and I got so spoiled (first site I ever worked) with not having to deal with a free room. I never worked full time, but it was easy additional money. I was just thinking of going back today, but then I saw this thread and remembered how mad I was with my last chargebacks; still negative 20 bucks in that account. Not a huge amount, but that's on top of taking damn near all my earnings from the last payout I thought I was getting.

But I must say, as far as $1,000 biweekly being enough to get into the hall of fame... well that's the thing: it may be enough to get into the HOF, but just barely, last I checked. Here's the thing:

I'm sure most of us remember when the epassporte fiasco occurred. Okay, well, in the Imlive forum (where CS is very adamant about deleting any postings of earnings, so models don't know what other hosts make) I saw a host say something along the lines of "they stole $3000 from me last pay period..." I don't remember exactly, but the point is that she was like the 10th in the hall of fame and Imlive rates top earning hosts all the way down to #120. So maybe number 100 or so gets 1,000 bucks, but I think those top 10-20 girls are raking in 1,500-2,000+ weekly. She wasn't the only one with posts like that. I think IML just got behind on their censoring that month because of the forum activity increase due to hosts not getting paid by epassporte. I've never worked more than 15hrs a pay period on there, so I've never been in the HOF, just saying...

Oh and here's a tip for all as far as why NOT to close your account on ImLive, even if you never cam with them again:

THEY ARE pretty good at SEO (search engine optimization). Steal their research to get even, hee hee. You know the section where you can add tags to your profile? All of those tag options are well researched keyword phrases. Use those exact phrases in blog posts and as titles for promo videos on youtube if you have them. Especially the fetish tags... I've been checking their tags against google's keyword tool for a while and they all get at least a decent volume of monthly searches and some have very little competition. I've boosted some affiliate sales in the past using this technique. I test and track ALL my adwords campaigns for conversions, so I know which phrases brought people to my sites -- their tags WORK. So, hey, if you can use competitive analysis to get a leg up, why not do it? It's a viable addition to any system of SEO/traffic techniques you might be using already.

I was really disgusted/offended with a thread I saw a few months back in the "other work" section, so I stopped contributing much to this site, but I know not everyone is ignorant and I'm feeling like sharing today anyhow, so here are some free tools and resources along the lines of the SEO stuff in case anyone's new to it: adwords.google.com/keywordtool
    http://siteexplorer.search.yahoo.com/
    http://www.spyfu.com/
    seobook.com
    seomoz.com
    mixergy.com

I'm sure many of you already know about this stuff -- I'll bet $20 camwhore already uses or has at least seem them all , but there's always some who are new and could use some guidance, so...

Okay, my cocktail break is over, back to coding!

P.S. wondering if this is considered a threadjack, lol. I never really got that term. Anyway I did mention a lot about Imlive, so I don't think I'll be be-headed any time soon,

19. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to tashataboo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,929 Times in 1,000 Posts

Wow Tasha! Thank you!!!

Thanks
    Thanked 19,324 Times in 6,234 Posts

ImLive was my very first cam site, and there's been times recently when I've actually thought about rejoining. But the site is notorious for chargebacks, and it pissed me off knowing that I was basically performing for free. That + the low percentage (30%) + biweekly pay + the free 20 seconds of private chat that guys get + the ridiculously strict forum rules = FUCK that.

It's really not a good feeling to know that you've worked hard and MIGHT get to see that money on the 1st and 16th (those damn chargebacks). Not a good feeling at all.....
    "This isn't Burger King. You can't have it your way." - Tim McManus on HBO's Oz

22. The Following User Says Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,867 Times in 473 Posts
    My Mood
    Daring

However their 20 second peeping is not that bad. At least it cannot be abused, cause guys can only do it once a day per performer.
    Yea 20 seconds free sucks, but hey, on streamate guys are jumping in and out 100 times if you cannot block them. And when fucking myself with a dildo I cannot sit there frozen concetrating on banning the arsehole when he turns up again.

It's really pity that they have so many chargeback. Otherwise it would be a great site. I love their mailing lists, the video competitions, party weekends, the HOF benefits are quite nice, they have payoneer, and so many other nice features. But all of them are worth close to nothing because I swear, every time I performed there I was totally freaked out if I was performing for free or not...

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Glasses For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 7,592 Times in 1,955 Posts
    Blog Entries
    My Mood
    Breezy

Am I the only one that is appalled at a NEGATIVE balance?? How does that even WORK?

Logically, if you are working with someone in a situation where a customer pays, and then you and the other party each take part of that payment, if the customer gets their money refunded, then it should simply end up with neither party being paid. I don't understand how you could suddenly owe them money....

Can anyone explain this to me? I've only ever worked sites where chargebacks aren't an issue, and I though that cbs just meant that you didn't get paid, not that you could owe them money...
    I take cash, debit or credit. I just don't take shit.

OnlyFans.com/ScarlettMoore

Follow me on twitter! @MissScarlettM

Hear me ramble about random things:

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ManyRoses For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by ManyRoses View Post
    Am I the only one that is appalled at a NEGATIVE balance?? How does that even WORK?

Logically, if you are working with someone in a situation where a customer pays, and then you and the other party each take part of that payment, if the customer gets their money refunded, then it should simply end up with neither party being paid. I don't understand how you could suddenly owe them money....

Can anyone explain this to me? I've only ever worked sites where chargebacks aren't an issue, and I though that cbs just meant that you didn't get paid, not that you could owe them money...
    thats easy. cb's there can be up to six months old, that is, i can get a cb for a show i did like six months ago, or a week ago. and in this case it was more than one cb - it was cb's for ALL the shows i had had with one fucktard. for, like, five months. they had paid me for those shows, each pay period. and then they just took that money away - from what i had earned that pay period (and guess what, that fucktard hadnt showed up that pay period). but as it didnt cover it all, they just... well, they took it from my future earning and thus the negative balance.
    really clever, isnt it? who can beat that level of imlive's coolness?

28. The Following User Says Thank You to gingergina For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 15,249 Times in 4,544 Posts

thats easy. cb's there can be up to six months old, that is, i can get a cb for a show i did like six months ago, or a week ago. and in this case it was more than one cb - it was cb's for ALL the shows i had had with one fucktard. for, like, five months. they had paid me for those shows, each pay period. and then they just took that money away - from what i had earned that pay period (and guess what, that fucktard hadnt showed up that pay period). but as it didnt cover it all, they just... well, they took it from my future earning and thus the negative balance.
    really clever, isnt it? who can beat that level of imlive's coolness?
    Same thing happened to me on Skinvideo. I have not been back there since I saw a negative balance. Just too discouraging.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    Same thing happened to me on Skinvideo. I have not been back there since I saw a negative balance. Just too discouraging.
    oh, wow. i didnt even know they have cb's...
    i hadnt been there for months. just logged in there to see whats happening with those few tokens i had there.
    and WOW what do i see!
    Adjustments -405
    at least i dont have a negative balance there, i have 5 tokens left lol

not going back there either.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Glasses View Post
    However their 20 second peeping is not that bad. At least it cannot be abused, cause guys can only do it once a day per performer.
    Yea 20 seconds free sucks, but hey, on streamate guys are jumping in and out 100 times if you cannot block them. And when fucking myself with a dildo I cannot sit there frozen concetrating on banning the arsehole when he turns up again.

It's really pity that they have so many chargeback. Otherwise it would be a great site. I love their mailing lists, the video competitions, party weekends, the HOF benefits are quite nice, they have payoneer, and so many other nice features. But all of them are worth close to nothing because I swear, every time I performed there I was totally freaked out if I was performing for free or not...

I agree that the party themes, mailing lists, etc. are nice features. On Streamate it's annoying that you can only ban a guy while he's IN your chat. That's pretty hard to do when the fucker keeps popping in and out of the room so quickly.

And the 20 seconds free in private chat (30 seconds free on Streamate) is just very silly, in my opinion. I know that 20 - 30 seconds isn't a long time, but seriously...it's called PAID chat for a reason. These guys get plenty of free stuff as it is. They get to view our gallery of sexy pictures, and they get to conversate with us in free chat. On ImLive, some models even have teaser videos available for free. In free chat is where the introductions and discussions of private chat activity should take place (whether you will/won't do anal, etc.). Once that's been settled, okay, now they've gotten a feel for our personalities, and they've decided to go private...cool. If they're not satisfied with the experience, they'll end it on their own and give appropriate feedback.

I do actually miss ImLive, and I could even tolerate the 30% earnings if chargebacks weren't so bad. I can't be doing all these shows only to have chargebacks put me right below the payout minimum. That's happened before, and I had to wait 'til the next pay period (two weeks later) to get paid. Not cool.

Thanks

CB's are the devil and should only be allowed if the model is just streaming footage. So what if you didn't like the performance. That's the way the cookie crumbles motherfucker. You don't get your money back if you go see Lady Gaga in concert and you didn't like that she marinated in pigs blood. You just don't go see her again. Same idea here.
    I hate ImLive too! I'm definitely gonna get my min payout and keep it moving. I wish AW would stop fucking me with their verification process my God.
    Bitch? Actually I'm an evil cunt. Slut? Try dirty little whore. Either way, you have to pay for it.

33. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kalypso For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kalypso View Post
    CB's are the devil and should only be allowed if the model is just streaming footage. So what if you didn't like the performance. That's the way the cookie crumbles motherfucker. You don't get your money back if you go see Lady Gaga in concert and you didn't like that she marinated in pigs blood. You just don't go see her again. Same idea here.

EXACTLY! If you're not satisfied with the experience, oh well. Just don't see the person again...simple as that. That person still gave you a performance, so they should be compensated for it.

It sure would be nice if I could enjoy a good Red Lobster meal, and then later ask for my money back. LMAO.

35. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post: