Thread: Air dances vs Friction dances

Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Default Air dances vs Friction dances

Due to recent events, I will be changing clubs in the near future. I've been at my current club for four years so I'm both excited and terrified. This new club is classier, quieter, and only offers air dances. I hate being touched so I think this might be a good switch for me, but I'm nervous because high contact dances are all I've ever known. The only time I've ever given an air dance is when I'm mad at a customer for being too handsy. I'm really afraid that I won't know what to do or worse, I won't make any money.

How are air dances compared to friction dances? Is there anything I should know?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

Default Re: Air dances vs Friction dances

I made a lot of money doing air dances but this was years ago. The one thing I noticed with air dances is sometimes you need to chat longer to try to get them interested. One club I worked at they were allowed tohold my waist (only place they could touch) and I would get them to move their hands in a way that I was able to dance most suggestively. Hard to explain without showing it but it went well.

Personally, after having danced in air clubs I could never dance at a friction place. I once auditioned at one and it was so dirty that I left.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

I've worked in both types of clubs and I have to be honest, I much prefer friction dances simply because it gives my legs a rest. I'm currently working in a club that doesn't allow any touching and when I say any I mean literally ANY. If you so much as accidentally brush their knee when the managers in you will be going home that night.
    It's such an ache on my legs and knees when you're trying to dance seductively with out being able to rest your legs or lean on the shins etc.
    The only thing I could say about the place I'm working right now is that the dances are only a tenner which works out at about $15, so they get their moneys worth. Unlike clubs I've worked in that do allow friction dances where a dance is 20 ($25)ish.

So its not because I'm dirty it's because my legs hurt
    x
    Last edited by CourtneyAnne; 10-10-2011 at 12:03 PM. Reason: I clicked save to quickly x

Thanks

^ Seconded. I started in a high contact club, which in a way was easier because I'd literally just sit in their lap and grind for the whole song! Then I moved and worked in a mid-range club, which allowed light contact (so a bit of back facing grinding/leaning on them for support/non intimate touching etc) and learned some more moves...i did alot of floor work there too, as the lap dance area was HUGE. Now I'm at a 'high-end' chain club, and we aren't allowed to even brush their knees. There is actually a line drawn on the floor about a foot away from the couch, and we have to keep one foot behind it at all times, we can't have both knees on the floor, and the wall is like a foot behind the line, so no floor work at all. What I mostly do is lean up against the wall and almost treat it like a pole, and occasionally put my hands on the top of the coach, leaning towards them with my feet behind the line and sort of ripple my body. both of which save me alot of energy and still comply with the rules.

Id say keep an eye on what the other girls are doing and copy that. This has been a surprisingly hard learning curve for me, but you'll soon pick it up. You WILL still make money - if the club is low mileage you won't be expected to do much more than a striptease and if you're more comfortable with that, that's great!

Thanks

Just re-read that and, as kelly said, it's difficult to explain! Hope you got the gist of it though

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 5,128 Times in 3,087 Posts

Btw, I am not saying friction dancers are dirty, just that iI felt dirty watching exactly what it is and felt wrong for ME. I am from an era where air dances were the norm. For me it was always about the tease and never about getting them off.

God/dess
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,857 Times in 783 Posts

i don't think mgmt realizes how tiresome dancing in stilettos really is. this is why i don't care for contact rules. bodily autonomy and all that. but air dances are hell after a while, especially if you're a heavy sweater.

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Bored

Tell me about it x

Featured Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Dead

I work in a contact club and I DON'T GET THEM OFF nor is that my intention. And if I grind it is only for a second or two at a time. It just feels weird if they don't put their hands on my back or something. Also being able to rest my shins on their thigh rather than hovering over them the whole time during an air dance is much less harsh on my body/muscles. I've had a guy with very short legs - so no lap to dance on! And I had to hover the whole time and he wanted a lot of dances too, and my butt and leg muscles were in pain by the end of it.

Thanks

I wish I could find an air dancing club here, the land of 10$ contact dances.

Featured Member
    Thanks

I hate grinding. The minute you start you pretty much have to continue, at least with air dances you can pull away and play with distance more. To move further away from the customer gives them a view of the whole of you and you can play with angles more. Plus you dont get a gross smelly customer breathing down your neck...

Thanks

Agh I started in a contact club- they can't touch but we can do what we like pretty much. I honestly have no idea what to do in an air dance. Tried one night in a place where you couldn't brush their leg or have both feet leave the floor. I did the lamest dance, had no idea! I'd go and buy some dances from a no contact place to get some ideas.

Thanks

Air dances are harder to sell because they know they are not getting grinded on. however, if they are there and they no there are no lap dances then they will still buy an air dance. they are simple to do, just move slow, give eye contact and do exactly what you do on stage just for them and them alone. you have to get creative here. and you have to step up your energy. much better than grinding on them though. just harder to sell more of them.