Page 277 of 310 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,925 of 7735

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Sinna (2pee4you) View Post
    I am investigating something that seriously concerns me at the moment: Seemingly out of nowhere, my hits drop by 300 each day since 5 days. I update daily etc (just noticed I skipped the 14th.. maybe one reason). It's gone so far that I messaged support, but since they will probably just give me the basic "can happen" answer, I was wondering if anyone else has a traffic graph showing this across the past 5 days: \ (not exaggerating)
    14th I had my record amount of traffic - then it tailed off a bit - but yesterday it was very low (30 hits)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boyru View Post
    God bless America!
    God bless C4S!

We can remove our old files! Great news!

boyru, I thought of you when I read that message yesterday. You can be a little annoying at times but you also make me laugh lol =)

-Natalie

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natalie0523 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member Sinna (2pee4you)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Well the feeling was right, I got this

"Hello Sinna,

I am glad to let you know that the programmers found the issue with traffic counter and it is being fixed now.

Luckily, the decrease in visitors never occurred, the customers were visiting the site as usual, however the counter didn't track all of them.

The fix should be live within the next 24 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I did get normal sales, so that sounds logical to me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sinna (2pee4you) For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,745 Times in 631 Posts

It doesn't look like any of the videos that I tried to remove using the FTP worked. They are all still in the drop down list, even after I refresh the list. I deleted the videos yesterday and they are still there. These are videos that have never gone live, some are accidental uploads (wrong store), some where duplicates of videos, etc. They are all still there

Veteran Member
    Thanks

07th May, 238 visitors, $79 earnings
    18th May, 1450 visitors, $0 earnings

hudreds of visitors does not mean good sales

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sinna (2pee4you) View Post
    Well the feeling was right, I got this

"Hello Sinna,

I am glad to let you know that the programmers found the issue with traffic counter and it is being fixed now.

Luckily, the decrease in visitors never occurred, the customers were visiting the site as usual, however the counter didn't track all of them.

The fix should be live within the next 24 hours. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused."

I did get normal sales, so that sounds logical to me.
    Omg, I was wondering too. I had decent sales, but traffic just dived to a record breaking low!

Thanks

I was to the bank today, with the three C4S checks I have received so far. Guess what - my country has one of the most modern bank security systems in the world, and the banker called US check system "stone age" and just laughed when I said the checks were sent with ordinary mail. To process the checks, they have to send each check back to US again to be verified, and all costs that occur, I have to pay. There would be very little left, and in worst case, I end up paying more in fees than the payout! They advice to do wire transfer only, but the banker was chocked when I told him it costs 40 USD. "It shouldn't cost you ANYTHING."
    I have asked C4S of course and awaiting reply. Worst case, they won't deal with it and I have checks worth over 2000USD that I can use for wiping my ass. Best case, I probably still have to pay to get the checks sent back for destruction.

Thanks

When manyvids did checks I ended up paying $10 to cash it because it had to be sent back, verified, and converted to usd (which made it even less iirc). It was ridiculous.

I know I've read a ton of times that there's no real reason to charge what sites charge for wore transfer. Just another way to rip models off..

Thanks
    Thanked 5,814 Times in 1,667 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by justsometwat View Post
    It doesn't look like any of the videos that I tried to remove using the FTP worked. They are all still in the drop down list, even after I refresh the list. I deleted the videos yesterday and they are still there. These are videos that have never gone live, some are accidental uploads (wrong store), some where duplicates of videos, etc. They are all still there
    If you read the message, it says that you can't delete any files for clips that never sold or have sold but it was more than 90 days ago & you've since deleted the listing. So yeah, you can't delete your files. This is bad news because these are the only kind of files I actually want to delete.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cam_Model_Jess For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I missed the part about never sold. That's stupid. Of course they never sold! I never made them go live in the first place. *insert eye roll here-

Thanks

Question is, do they mean never sold - regardless if it ever was up for sale. I thought not, but it's C4S so who knows lol. I have a number of faulty clips uploaded by mistake and I am always a tad worried I someday will click on them when adding a clip, and maybe not notice before someone buys. I just want them gone from the scroll list.

Thanks

Those are the kinds of tried to delete and they are still there. I guess they mean those too

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaJ View Post
    Question is, do they mean never sold - regardless if it ever was up for sale. I thought not, but it's C4S so who knows lol. I have a number of faulty clips uploaded by mistake and I am always a tad worried I someday will click on them when adding a clip, and maybe not notice before someone buys. I just want them gone from the scroll list.
    I have not tried to delete anything yet, because it's total chaos in my list since the whole corrupt file thing. I first have to write down which clips are still good to add. One problem is that I renamed corrupt clips (since they could not be overwritten) so I might not find those on my hdd and have to be careful not to delete clips that I still wanted to add.

I think c4s support will help when I really want to delete files although they don't meet the criteria. As justsometwat said, of course they have not sold the past 90 days.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,546 Times in 1,877 Posts

I was to the bank today, with the three C4S checks I have received so far. Guess what - my country has one of the most modern bank security systems in the world, and the banker called US check system "stone age" and just laughed when I said the checks were sent with ordinary mail. To process the checks, they have to send each check back to US again to be verified, and all costs that occur, I have to pay. There would be very little left, and in worst case, I end up paying more in fees than the payout! They advice to do wire transfer only, but the banker was chocked when I told him it costs 40 USD. "It shouldn't cost you ANYTHING."
    I have asked C4S of course and awaiting reply. Worst case, they won't deal with it and I have checks worth over 2000USD that I can use for wiping my ass. Best case, I probably still have to pay to get the checks sent back for destruction.
    My bank only sent the first one back to be verified but it didn't cost me any extra. My bank also suggested that I have a wire transfer and couldn't believe it when I said how much the charge was.

Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Cam_Model_Jess View Post
    If you read the message, it says that you can't delete any files for clips that never sold or have sold but it was more than 90 days ago & you've since deleted the listing. So yeah, you can't delete your files. This is bad news because these are the only kind of files I actually want to delete.
    Those are ones I would want to delete too.

I don't understand why deleting our own files is such an issue!

Featured Member
    Thanks

Maybe see if the dailypay group for c4s is cheaper? It's the cheapest option for me in the uk

20. The Following User Says Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PixiieGirl View Post
    Maybe see if the dailypay group for c4s is cheaper? It's the cheapest option for me in the uk
    I'm in the UK and pay just 9 to bank my cheques. I'm with Barclays and apart from my first cheque, they clear the next day. I've had cheques since 2012 and never had a problem.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Classy_Katy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Thumbs up Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

Hey welcome to the reality

I'm in Spain and it happened to me with my first checks a few years ago, then one day my bank decided that US Checks are too risky and they don't take them anymore...
    Long story short, I use a Prepaid Card (not too cheap but controllable) because wire transfer cost money that an intermediary bank charges and nobody can tell how much money you'll receive (I hate banks and their dirty business)...

C4S will help you.
    You can void the checks and receive your money through another method or in a bigger check if this is cheaper (ask your bank for their fees for US checks: fixed price or %)
    And don't worry you won't loose your money now

PS: I don't know if 2000 in your bank account is normal or your bank will suspect something... you have to pay your taxes or something..

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss_Bohemian For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Classy_Katy View Post
    I'm in the UK and pay just 9 to bank my cheques. I'm with Barclays and apart from my first cheque, they clear the next day. I've had cheques since 2012 and never had a problem.
    Ahhh I can't remember why cheques weren't an option for me now? Maybe cause my banks far away or the minimum or specific NatWest issues I can't remember haha
    Maybe not the cheapest then

Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

Just noticed that my google analytics finally seems to show more realistic figures (3 times of what it showed after the category changes) again. Since about 3 days. When they introduced the category change (clicking a category will filter your studio for that keyword) my GA became useless as it would show only a tiny fraction of hits.

We'll have to see if this is normal from now on or if I just have some very unusual stuff going on (c4s hits down, ga hits tripled).

Thanks

Gia solved it for me, thank god It will be wire transferred now,but with the fee of course.
    US checks are no good here, too risky for human error or fraud. Yes they have fixed prices, but on top of that, US can add extra fees to check it again, and my bank can't control or predict that. Before, they would send only the first one for verification and then hopefully your good, but manual systems are outdated now.

Miss Bohemian: Yes, banks can investigate large transfers, but that's not a problem for me. I have my own company and declare taxes on this like my other income

What is daily pay? I know it has been mentioned before, but I can't find info on it on C4S. And how do you set up a prepaid card? (And why doesn't everyone use that?)

Featured Member
    Thanks

Gia solved it for me, thank god It will be wire transferred now,but with the fee of course.
    US checks are no good here, too risky for human error or fraud. Yes they have fixed prices, but on top of that, US can add extra fees to check it again, and my bank can't control or predict that. Before, they would send only the first one for verification and then hopefully your good, but manual systems are outdated now.

Miss Bohemian: Yes, banks can investigate large transfers, but that's not a problem for me. I have my own company and declare taxes on this like my other income

What is daily pay? I know it has been mentioned before, but I can't find info on it on C4S. And how do you set up a prepaid card? (And why doesn't everyone use that?)
    daily pay is done through an external service - http://www.dailypayservice.com/main/ this is the only one on C4S I think - they take a fee (certain %, maybe five?) but in return you can get paid daily and to your bank account. I think there was some drama with them a while back but it was before my time - I'm with them for C4S and AW and had zero issues

29. The Following User Says Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I checked out dailypay - fee is 5% and, as I interpret it, an additional 2-3 dollars to international accounts. So I decided to go with the regular wire transfer, but to put payout minimum to 2500. Then 45USD is only a 1,8% fee. I can wait for that sum to add up.

31. The Following User Says Thank You to AlyssaJ For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I think to have Daily Pay on C4S you have to be with them on Adultwork as well but that may have changed.

Featured Member
    Thanks

I checked out dailypay - fee is 5% and, as I interpret it, an additional 2-3 dollars to international accounts. So I decided to go with the regular wire transfer, but to put payout minimum to 2500. Then 45USD is only a 1,8% fee. I can wait for that sum to add up.
    Good plan