Page 409 of 409 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409
Results 10,201 to 10,221 of 10221

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    They are really limiting our money by not allowing on-site interaction and having a way to order custom videos. I'm always puzzled about that and C4S never have given any answer as to why not that makes any sense. I'm sure some would try to take outside payment for clips but really think the profits for c4s would skyrocket and make up for it way more than anything that could be lost if we had a custom order form and took payment through c4s.
    Don't know what genre of clips you make, or if you're friends/coworkers with others who make clips as well, but for the type of clips I sometimes buy, they advertise mostly on twitter (about customs in particular) when several girls will be in the same city for a couple days or whatever. Sometimes IG, but mostly twitter. Definitely some more legwork for the models/producers, but it is what it is. Onlyfans too of course. One platform is never enough.

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Hi is it recommended to space out your MP4 and WMV or have them together?

Like...in the order:

P1 MP4
    P2 MP4
    P1 WMV
    P2 WMV

vs

P1 MP4
    P2 MP4
    (other videos in between)
    3 months later...and cycle the past videos
    P1 WMV
    P2 WMV

I just started my clipstore and I don't have many videos...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllieRabbits View Post
    Hi is it recommended to space out your MP4 and WMV or have them together?
    I space mine out a bit, usually a couple weeks to a month, but what I think is more important is that I change the "Display Order" field to 999 instead of 0 when I post wmv files or lower resolution clips. That way, if I post a clip the maximum of four versions, only one gets posted at the top of my store page, and the others go to the end (or, once a person has an enormous number of clips, somewhere in the middle)

That way, if someone is browsing my studio page, they see a good variety of clips, instead of seeing duplicates, but I can still have my clips appear in multiple relevant categories. Hope my description makes sense!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sc For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Ahh so that's what display order means. So if it's 0 it's sent to the front. That makes sense, thanks! I do think it's a great idea to not make everything seem repetitive!
    Thx!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllieRabbits For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Does being in top 50 of a category provide extra traffic? I heard from someone that staying in top 50 is easier than getting in... Is it true?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

^ Yes being in the top 50 of a category gives you more exposure. As far as it being easier to stay in a category, it really depends. Some categories have more studios updating frequently, so it might be harder to gain traction.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WonderWoman0642 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,061 Times in 5,019 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by arkaim4 View Post
    Don't know what genre of clips you make, or if you're friends/coworkers with others who make clips as well, but for the type of clips I sometimes buy, they advertise mostly on twitter (about customs in particular) when several girls will be in the same city for a couple days or whatever. Sometimes IG, but mostly twitter. Definitely some more legwork for the models/producers, but it is what it is. Onlyfans too of course. One platform is never enough.
    Most all of us are on multiple platforms. That's not the issue I was talking about at all.

The Clips4sale platform is wasting the opportunity to make more money both for them and for us by providing an order form and a way to pay through the site. Any time you try to move a client to another payment service you will lose many of them. When a site makes it easy to order and pay profits will increase.

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to laurielegs For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 561 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Quote Originally Posted by sc View Post
    I space mine out a bit, usually a couple weeks to a month, but what I think is more important is that I change the "Display Order" field to 999 instead of 0 when I post wmv files or lower resolution clips. That way, if I post a clip the maximum of four versions, only one gets posted at the top of my store page, and the others go to the end (or, once a person has an enormous number of clips, somewhere in the middle)

That way, if someone is browsing my studio page, they see a good variety of clips, instead of seeing duplicates, but I can still have my clips appear in multiple relevant categories. Hope my description makes sense!
    That is a good point, it looks better for variety and visual appeal, but I put mine all together so customers can choose what format they prefer if they're browsing my store. They can easily see I have thousands of clips if they use the search or category feature on my store

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SophiaSylvan For This Useful Post:

sc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaSylvan View Post
    That is a good point, it looks better for variety and visual appeal, but I put mine all together so customers can choose what format they prefer if they're browsing my store. They can easily see I have thousands of clips if they use the search or category feature on my store
    Yeah, there's an argument for each approach for certain!

I wish it were easier to do a/b testing. For my own store, I know I have a few different audiences with different tastes, and so I don't ever want someone to look at my most recent 10 clips and think, "oh, it's all x and y, there's none of the z that I'm looking for." I suspect that if I separated out and made a studio for each niche, your approach would be more likely to be ideal for me... but without posting the same clips in multiple studios so that I could compare results, I suppose I'll never know for sure!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to sc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,399 Times in 561 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

Yeah I have two separate stores, one for Fetish/Vanilla/Femsub and one for Femdom. I used to mix them, but I have so much content why not maintain a mood and have them separate? There's so many ways of doing things but you're right, it is hard to test, just trial and error by experience really.

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SophiaSylvan For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 5,387 Times in 2,249 Posts

Yeah, there's an argument for each approach for certain!

I wish it were easier to do a/b testing. For my own store, I know I have a few different audiences with different tastes, and so I don't ever want someone to look at my most recent 10 clips and think, "oh, it's all x and y, there's none of the z that I'm looking for." I suspect that if I separated out and made a studio for each niche, your approach would be more likely to be ideal for me... but without posting the same clips in multiple studios so that I could compare results, I suppose I'll never know for sure!
    If you have categories that sell much better than others, it can be worth making a separate store for them.

Also useful to set separate stores for categories that some may find distasteful. Although all these guys have fetishes, they do find some others weird or disgusting (I don't think they consider that some guys find their fetish weird or disgusting), so ones that pay well but could be really off putting to some of your customers, could be better placed into a store of their own.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Classy_Katy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,478 Times in 1,494 Posts
    My Mood
    Sleepy

Quote Originally Posted by Classy_Katy View Post
    If you have categories that sell much better than others, it can be worth making a separate store for them.

Also useful to set separate stores for categories that some may find distasteful. Although all these guys have fetishes, they do find some others weird or disgusting (I don't think they consider that some guys find their fetish weird or disgusting), so ones that pay well but could be really off putting to some of your customers, could be better placed into a store of their own.
    I do this. Most of my stuff is in one store but I have a separate one for toilet fetish. They are all mixed up on ManyVids though

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperPookie For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

How exactly does top 50 studio (within a category) work? It changes often so I'm starting to think it is 168 hour instead of 7 day blocks...

I notice some stores so volatile and drop/go up 10/20 ranks and some stay exactly where they are for days...

I had some bad sales in the past few days but my rank went up instead... So did everyone in my category do badly? Hm.

Also how predicable are your sales, by that is if fairly consistent and can some kind of pattern be found? I've heard from people in my category that they usually make inconsistent amounts daily, like I'm taking about 200/300 a day, and then no / low sales for days. So far my store has been more consistent than I could expect from reading others' experience. And the unpredictable part, many claim that the high and lows aren't predictable whether the video is good/bad, the time of upload, and if a new update has been posted on the day or not. I upload once every 2 days and I've found a clear pattern that the second day (without a video uploaded) makes around 30-40% of a day when I do upload and get featured. And hits are most consistent... 500 (+- 10) on day of uploading and 375 (+- 20) 2nd day, no uploading.

But I've only had for a week so data may not be the most accurate.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Classy_Katy View Post

Yep! I don't think the trade-offs would be worth it for me, though. Too many of my clips combine categories, I have a few too many customers who like it all, but mostly, I just don't think I have time to keep up with updating more than one. If I start creating in a new niche that seems totally unrelated then I might reconsider, but I think I'd have to recalibrate how much time I spend on each platform.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by laurielegs View Post
    The Clips4sale platform is wasting the opportunity to make more money both for them and for us by providing an order form and a way to pay through the site. Any time you try to move a client to another payment service you will lose many of them. When a site makes it easy to order and pay profits will increase.
    C4S is good because it can provide mass sales. I would suspect that they'd be taking on a lot of risk with chargebacks for something to be delivered to one customer. What happens when the girl/studio doesn't deliver the custom? And will they lose that customer across all studios if they have one bad experience with a custom? This is quite common on OF for example, half the time the clip doesn't get created until the customer complains to customer service. Plus lots of people (most, since most are running on limited customer bases) will want to go to another platform anyway so they don't lose out on 40% of the revenue.

I'm sure people at C4S have considered this and decided against it either for business reasons or just not enough developer bandwidth to put together a custom-ordering platform.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,279 Times in 844 Posts

If they did it anything like Iwantclips or manyvids they wouldn't pay the model until the custom had been delivered. This is why the custom is ordered and delivered via form rather than through tribute. It is a risk to send a tribute to pay for a custom since the model gets it immediately and sites have tos staying that tips/tributes are considered gifts rather than payment for services/goods.

Honestly, if you're ordering custom content from models that aren't delivering then you're choosing the wrong models to order from. A good model wants repeat business not to rip people off.

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Blaming the customer is bad practice. There are lots of scammers out there. Anyway, having a system where c4s holds onto the money until delivery is the right approach, but non-trivial. If things never get delivered, do they refund the customer (and pay CC fees etc.) or try to scam the customer with "store credit?" Pretty similar question to the chargeback scenario I mentioned. Do they only allow models to make a few customs at once until they earn trust and prove c4s likely won't have to deal with refunds very often? There are many business questions that will go into this. Now none of us work at c4s, so we can't say what the reason is they don't implement this, but I'd be shocked if they'd never considered it and come up with a reason not to do it. Could simply be they're making boatloads off of top clip producers and are happy with it, don't want to risk losing top customers who have a bad experience with a custom. For some people, a bad experience could even be "my money was held onto for X months before they refunded because the model never created the clip, I don't want to waste my time with any of their studios ever again."

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by arkaim4 View Post
    Now none of us work at c4s, so we can't say what the reason is they don't implement this, but I'd be shocked if they'd never considered it and come up with a reason not to do it.
    I'm confused, why are you offering advice to people who have experience selling on multiple platforms and have knowledge about how the features compare? You say here you don't work at C4S, and I think you said earlier that you aren't a producer, so I'm wondering about the source of your expertise.

29. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sc For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,279 Times in 844 Posts

C4S had also said they wanted to implement a custom video option, though I cannot remember if it was before or after they had been bought.

31. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I'm confused, why are you offering advice to people who have experience selling on multiple platforms and have knowledge about how the features compare? You say here you don't work at C4S, and I think you said earlier that you aren't a producer, so I'm wondering about the source of your expertise.
    I said I'd be shocked if c4s hadn't considered a customs system and decided against it or deprioritized it for some reason that only insiders would know. I didn't give advice, I described what several models I know personally do. I sometimes produce videos, but not on c4s. I've been in and filmed videos for girls who do sell on c4s, and know several models/producers well who sell there and elsewhere, and know what mechanisms they use for advertising/selling customs. I've worked in tech and know the types of questions that come up and why these sorts of things get deprioritized when they hear large feature requests like this. ("Work at c4s" = build out their tech systems, website, are involved in their business decisions, etc., I am not referring to simply selling videos on their platform.)

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllieRabbits View Post
    How exactly does top 50 studio (within a category) work? It changes often so I'm starting to think it is 168 hour instead of 7 day blocks...

I notice some stores so volatile and drop/go up 10/20 ranks and some stay exactly where they are for days...

I had some bad sales in the past few days but my rank went up instead... So did everyone in my category do badly? Hm.
    The Top 50 studios in a category are ranked by the amount of money you've made in that category in the last 7 days.

A studio can jump up if they posted a new clip to that category and it's selling well, if a customer (or customers) just recently bought a bunch of clips in that category or perhaps if they had an expensive clip in that category recently sell.

If you had a few slow sales days in a category and you went up, yes, I'd assume that those ranked higher probably had slower sales than you.