Page 302 of 302 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302
Results 7,526 to 7,535 of 7535

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by fetishqueen View Post
    I hope so I much prefer to see the names so fingers crossed.

I make my own Gifs and agree they are better than the C4S generated ones but I'd be keen to make the moving ones too if I could. Currently I convert my clip into stills with a free Video to JPG converter, choose the ones I want and then make a Gif. Even that is quite time consuming. I use Movavi Suite for editing, does anyone create moving Gifs (is that what they are called) with that program? I could always chop my clip into a smaller version manually but it might be too large a file. Hmm the technical side drives me nuts at times!
    I watch my clips in and make my screenshots with VLC. It has a little "Take a Snapshot" icon to make the screenshots and you can also move the clip forward frame by frame. I usually space my screenshots about 2-3 seconds (frames) apart. I don't do it of the whole video, only of certain scenes that I want to show in the gif. Then I use Photoshop to batch resize all of those screenshots and create the animation. (I'd be happy to share the steps if anyone uses Photoshop, wants to do this and doesn't know how.).

Yes, it's more time consuming but worth it for me. I'd say overall it maybe takes me 30-40 minutes.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Quote Originally Posted by Tea4Me View Post
    I watch my clips in and make my screenshots with VLC. It has a little "Take a Snapshot" icon to make the screenshots and you can also move the clip forward frame by frame. I usually space my screenshots about 2-3 seconds (frames) apart. I don't do it of the whole video, only of certain scenes that I want to show in the gif. Then I use Photoshop to batch resize all of those screenshots and create the animation. (I'd be happy to share the steps if anyone uses Photoshop, wants to do this and doesn't know how.).

Yes, it's more time consuming but worth it for me. I'd say overall it maybe takes me 30-40 minutes.
    I would love to see the steps for this. Definitely would help my clips sell better I think.

Thanks

Still on the subject of moving Gifs, I think I have managed to create one in Movavi by just chopping up a clip and saving it as a Gif format but I'm having trouble keeping the file size under the recommended 5MB and also keeping the quality decent. It's under 5MB if I make a gif around 10 seconds but the quality is shit, I'm not sure if it is better than using a normal Gif made with stills that are high quality. That said, I do like the way it looks, more lively than stills on their own!

Some top stores have moving Gifs that must be at least 20 seconds and are top quality. How is that possible? Just thinking out loud, perhaps I need to get out more...

Thanks

I use GIF Brewery 3. I make a few sets of the moving ones, about 2-4 seconds each. I try to keep it at 1.5 MB. Sometimes I just leave the GIF part alone and let C4S automatically generate the stills. But for the most part I make a GIF.

My problem is I need to learn how to make my GIFs look sharp. I notice, for example, Xev Bellringer...her moving GIFs are crystal clear and flawless. My GIFs are not of good quality. They're not terrible but definitely not sharp (HD) looking. Does anyone know how I can fix that? My sales are still pretty good which is why I just leave the GIFs the way they are. But I'm thinking if my GIFs were better quality my sales would probably be better. Thanks!

Oh and I'm really happy about the new rule...no swallowing live animals and fish. I hate it when animals are abused.

**Random but...am I the only one having issues with SW?? It keeps logging me out, telling me I don't have permission to perform this action (post). SOoooo annoying. I wrote a whole big pm last week, sent it and wouldn't send. AND it got deleted. My whole message. So frustrating. The last time I contacted SW it literally took them almost a month to get back to me.**

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie0523 View Post
    I use GIF Brewery 3. I make a few sets of the moving ones, about 2-4 seconds each. I try to keep it at 1.5 MB. Sometimes I just leave the GIF part alone and let C4S automatically generate the stills. But for the most part I make a GIF.

My problem is I need to learn how to make my GIFs look sharp. I notice, for example, Xev Bellringer...her moving GIFs are crystal clear and flawless. My GIFs are not of good quality. They're not terrible but definitely not sharp (HD) looking. Does anyone know how I can fix that? My sales are still pretty good which is why I just leave the GIFs the way they are. But I'm thinking if my GIFs were better quality my sales would probably be better. Thanks!

Oh and I'm really happy about the new rule...no swallowing live animals and fish. I hate it when animals are abused.

**Random but...am I the only one having issues with SW?? It keeps logging me out, telling me I don't have permission to perform this action (post). SOoooo annoying. I wrote a whole big pm last week, sent it and wouldn't send. AND it got deleted. My whole message. So frustrating. The last time I contacted SW it literally took them almost a month to get back to me.**
    That was who I meant, perfect, long HD clear gifs!

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Still on the subject of moving Gifs, I think I have managed to create one in Movavi by just chopping up a clip and saving it as a Gif format but I'm having trouble keeping the file size under the recommended 5MB and also keeping the quality decent. It's under 5MB if I make a gif around 10 seconds but the quality is shit, I'm not sure if it is better than using a normal Gif made with stills that are high quality. That said, I do like the way it looks, more lively than stills on their own!

Some top stores have moving Gifs that must be at least 20 seconds and are top quality. How is that possible? Just thinking out loud, perhaps I need to get out more...
    Since Natalie mentioned Xev Bellringer, I had a look at one of her recent gifs (You, Me and My Mouth). The size of the gif is 294px 166px, which is interesting because when you have to scale an image UP in size, it usually makes the image not as clear. C4S shows the preview gifs at 380px 216px. I actually make mine larger than that, as I find the quality is better when it's scaled down (as opposed to UP). The file size is 10MB (mine are anywhere from 5-9MB). When you are used to doing gifs of just a few screenshots, you are used to smaller file sizes, so that probably seems huge in comparison. And finally, that particular gif is made up of 396 individual screenshots and I'm guessing, because there are so many, that is why the dimensions are smaller, so the file size isn't HUGE....which 10MB is still good sized. Personally I try not to go over 100 screenshots.

There are a few other things....if you do batching/actions in Photoshop, you can (when creating an step, as apart of your action, to resize your screenshots) choose to sharpen your images. Which will also help in the appearance of your gifs.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tea4Me For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tea4Me View Post
    Since Natalie mentioned Xev Bellringer, I had a look at one of her recent gifs (You, Me and My Mouth). The size of the gif is 294px 166px, which is interesting because when you have to scale an image UP in size, it usually makes the image not as clear. C4S shows the preview gifs at 380px 216px. I actually make mine larger than that, as I find the quality is better when it's scaled down (as opposed to UP). The file size is 10MB (mine are anywhere from 5-9MB). When you are used to doing gifs of just a few screenshots, you are used to smaller file sizes, so that probably seems huge in comparison. And finally, that particular gif is made up of 396 individual screenshots and I'm guessing, because there are so many, that is why the dimensions are smaller, so the file size isn't HUGE....which 10MB is still good sized. Personally I try not to go over 100 screenshots.

There are a few other things....if you do batching/actions in Photoshop, you can (when creating an step, as apart of your action, to resize your screenshots) choose to sharpen your images. Which will also help in the appearance of your gifs.
    I did wonder how you found out the size details here but I worked it out! Yes the file size seems huge compare to the gif from screenshots. I'm still not quite sure how her gifs are so damn clear though, not that I'm jealous (I'm so jealous!)

I don't use Photoshop but I've had some success using Movavi to edit my clip first then edit it again to create a moving gif and it doesn't take much longer then what I was doing pulling stills, choosing them & making a Gif from those. Anyway I'm happy to spend more time on it if it gets me more sales. Time will tell I suppose! Such a learning curve isn't it? But a fun one!

Featured Member
    Thanks

I did wonder how you found out the size details here but I worked it out! Yes the file size seems huge compare to the gif from screenshots. I'm still not quite sure how her gifs are so damn clear though, not that I'm jealous (I'm so jealous!)

I don't use Photoshop but I've had some success using Movavi to edit my clip first then edit it again to create a moving gif and it doesn't take much longer then what I was doing pulling stills, choosing them & making a Gif from those. Anyway I'm happy to spend more time on it if it gets me more sales. Time will tell I suppose! Such a learning curve isn't it? But a fun one!
    I may have missed it as I've been away but whats your movavi method for gifs/is it a free programme

Thanks

Is everyone adding the Halloween keyword to their clips too? Nice extra bit of promotion!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PixiieGirl View Post
    I may have missed it as I've been away but whats your movavi method for gifs/is it a free programme
    Hi Pixiie, no it's not free but I was using Wondershare Filmora for editing but it's painfully slow to export files in HD and I find Movavi much faster, much much faster. I'm making my moving gifs by cutting out a few tiny segments from the exported clip and saving them as a medium sized gif. It's definitely a work in progress with lots of help on here but I'm liking how they look so far!