Page 265 of 265 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 6620

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

I don't worry about people who think this is easy money, because people who look for easy money in life aren't looking to put the work in. Girls who think you just throw up the middle finger and say "fuck you, pay me, loser" will soon become disillusioned. (Findom) And people who think making clips is easy money will soon find that it takes more effort than they thought.

And I don't worry about other competition because I don't think it takes away from me or my money. It's pretty rare to see new people come in that really have a unique style/angle/take on fetish. Most of what I see is just people mimicking other clip studios. No originally. And guys see that too. But once in a while I do see studios (new or old) do really well and I can understand they are popular.

There's always going to be competition and I feel it just keeps me on my toes. I know I need to try and keep things fresh and try new ideas/categories once in a while.

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tea4Me For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

its a shame it's not as good as it was, wish I'd joined sooner! but I am preferring this to camming tbh so even if I never make big bucks from it, as it is a side income for me it's worth it I think (just my own experiences of course)

4. The Following User Says Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,390 Times in 501 Posts

It seems like every platform in the sex industry is going down the tubes. Now c4s? Jeez. Yeah i dont know what we were doing wrong because we updated every day and still got shit for sales. C4S better get their shit together because I heard through the grapevine that there are a couple new competitor sites in the works. iWantClips never sells for me, so I stick with c4s... for now.
    The Babies, background to foreground:
    1966 Cadillac Sayers & Scoville Endloader (Dusty),
    1971 Cadillac Miller Meteor 3-way (Barnabus),
    1985 Lincoln Town Car OOAK Endloader (Jimmy)

www.MadameXavialune.com

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MistressX For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 505 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by Tea4Me View Post
    I don't worry about people who think this is easy money, because people who look for easy money in life aren't looking to put the work in. Girls who think you just throw up the middle finger and say "fuck you, pay me, loser" will soon become disillusioned. (Findom) And people who think making clips is easy money will soon find that it takes more effort than they thought.

And I don't worry about other competition because I don't think it takes away from me or my money. It's pretty rare to see new people come in that really have a unique style/angle/take on fetish. Most of what I see is just people mimicking other clip studios. No originally. And guys see that too. But once in a while I do see studios (new or old) do really well and I can understand they are popular.

There's always going to be competition and I feel it just keeps me on my toes. I know I need to try and keep things fresh and try new ideas/categories once in a while.
    I would agree on everything. All I wish for....clips4sale should work like a clock! For the past half year they delayed payments 2 times, site keep having issues such as search, does not display well cat-s and etc. I also understand that to handle such a big amount of studios and even bigger amount of vids, you couldn't predict how well updates will "digest".

Thanks
    Thanked 1,051 Times in 505 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Quote Originally Posted by MistressX View Post
    It seems like every platform in the sex industry is going down the tubes. Now c4s? Jeez. Yeah i dont know what we were doing wrong because we updated every day and still got shit for sales. C4S better get their shit together because I heard through the grapevine that there are a couple new competitor sites in the works. iWantClips never sells for me, so I stick with c4s... for now.
    Those new "competitors" better come up with strategy how to attract traffic and even producers. They can offer "mountains"and 85% payout, but if my stuff will get stolen from their website.I would not post my vids there.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MissJu For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,619 Times in 574 Posts

I don't worry about the newbies when they are just so wrong, but it does flood the new video section with junk videos that re generally rip off of popular selling videos because these girls don't care if you get mad that they ripped you off. If they want to make themselves look bad then that is on them, but sometimes it leaves a sour taste in customer's mouths and they go straight to the model instead of browsing the new videos.

New sites popping up? There's something that most of these sites don't have that c4s definitely does and that's the traffic, on top of that they have the reputation. When naughtyfactory popped up I thought it had potential. I just went to look at it and they took it offline to try to revamp it. They failed their first round and now they are trying to rebrand it to revitalize it. It's not going to happen, unless they find a way to drive a MASSIVE amount of traffic to the model's there's just no way.

Clipvia popped up and right out of the gate they not only did not have the traffic, but they were trying to pay out too much and ended up not being able to pay models when they first opened and ultimately shut down for the same reason. They shuttered their site in 12/2016, I was unpaid since 06/2015. It wasn't sustainable.

IWC works because they have these models that bring in their own traffic, which is why so many models complain that they could not make any money. IWC doesn't drive their own traffic, it's all on the models.

c4s can stay on top of all of this as long as they get their shit together and customers can buy videos without incident. I doubt anything could ever top c4s unless c4s fucks everything up and can't fix it.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Clearly I just suck at this.... all you girls are complaining about one day with no sales. I have weeks a a time with 0 sales! I have had 4 sales this week so that is a good week for me.

Is is my video categories and the actual video itse'f where I'm failing? I try not to look at other models work as I don't want to be accused of ripping someone's idea off. But, at the same time I have needed to watch some clips to get an idea of what certain fetishes are all about. One thing I've noticed with the top selling producers is that ALL of their clips have some sort of a storyline....is this where I'm going wrong, mine really don't have a storyline it's just me talking about the fetish and giving encouragement, or making myself cum. So tell me honestly, to improve my clips am I going to need to start writing stories and scripts? If that's all it is I'll try harder, but if I'm still missing the mark as to why my clips don't sell, then I really don't know what more to do other than admit defeat.

There is something going on witht the site...I haven't been able to upload via ftp for the last 12 hours, they just continually fail. Uploading in the web browser much slower than normal too. So this is all because of server upgrades? Love the advice "don't upload for a few weeks" I guess I'll leave C4S alone for a while then. I need to rethink my approach anyway, I'm still going wrong somewhere.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,170 Times in 1,683 Posts

Kitty - I always have a story line or some reason for doing what I'm doing. It's about setting the scene and I will usually have the preview active for the first 10 seconds when I am talking and doing that scene setting. I usually just write scripts for customs to make sure I don't forget anything and to make the clip long enough. Take the glove clips...the gloved handjob clips sold for me best, I would come up with some kind of scenario, I find him playing with my gloves and then take over, it's his birthday, he wants me to use them on him, I'm about to do the washing up but want to give him a HJ first, you can do a nurse one with surgical gloves if you have a white robe to wear and surgical masks are popular. Then film close from the side or with the camera looking down his body so they can imagine the he is them. Guys like to see cum and imagine that it is theirs. if I was making a masturbation clip I would be excited about the new type of glove I wanted to try out and talk about it first, or I got horny doing the washing up and had to stop to masturbate, and think about what I'm wearing too. For regular masturbation I will still say at the start why I'm doing it "I'm still so horny after camming", "I have 5 minutes while my partner is in the bathroom so I'm having a quickie", "I want to try my new wand". Site problems don't help! I'm not uploading much at all but I get sales now and again simply because I have so many clips in my stores.
    Last edited by Classy_Katy; 03-26-2017 at 01:18 AM.

Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Classy_Katy For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KittyLovelicks View Post
    Clearly I just suck at this.... all you girls are complaining about one day with no sales. I have weeks a a time with 0 sales! I have had 4 sales this week so that is a good week for me.

Is is my video categories and the actual video itse'f where I'm failing? I try not to look at other models work as I don't want to be accused of ripping someone's idea off. But, at the same time I have needed to watch some clips to get an idea of what certain fetishes are all about. One thing I've noticed with the top selling producers is that ALL of their clips have some sort of a storyline....is this where I'm going wrong, mine really don't have a storyline it's just me talking about the fetish and giving encouragement, or making myself cum. So tell me honestly, to improve my clips am I going to need to start writing stories and scripts? If that's all it is I'll try harder, but if I'm still missing the mark as to why my clips don't sell, then I really don't know what more to do other than admit defeat.

There is something going on witht the site...I haven't been able to upload via ftp for the last 12 hours, they just continually fail. Uploading in the web browser much slower than normal too. So this is all because of server upgrades? Love the advice "don't upload for a few weeks" I guess I'll leave C4S alone for a while then. I need to rethink my approach anyway, I'm still going wrong somewhere.
    you dont have to write a whole script as such, just give a scenario or reason for doing the video, I do "Schoolgirl does x" a lot, it doesn't have to be elaborate it just mixes things up a bit.
    Also I still have more no sales days than sales days (although the sales % is closer to 50% of days for me this month woo) - it's important to remember we are new to C4S and the girls in here have been on C4S for years - how many versions of each clip do you upload?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

Phone ate my reply! I only do MP4 versions. Is there any point to doing wmv's? Their support says we shouldnt do that to get more exposure. I know the last store I tried to open I did, but I still didnt get anymore sales. And it looked bad, two or three versions of the one clip, it looked amateurish and like I'd make a mistake. Also, my upload speed is 150KBps 600mb file taking 8 hours to upload tonight. So doing different versions probably isnt worth my time. If you cant have the same clip name or use the same category twice how do you get around it? Is there any benefit to having two versions?

Thanks

You can use WMV and MP4, and you can make different sizes for those 2 formats. It can look messy but it does help when your clip covers more than one category, and when there is more than one category for the same fetish. If it's a hassle now with uploading and you're still finding your feet, you could be better off staying as you are now with MP4 and the main fetish category.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Classy_Katy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Blah

I did make some extra versions for recent clips, but then c4s started having issues. If I ever get this fast internet they say is coming, it wont be a problem. Do you girls find your shorter clips sell better? I have a few long clips but mostly I cut one filming session into three clips.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I ask cause I personally do a SD and HD version of clips in MP4, it helps me in terms of having to film less clips so I dont run out of ideas as quickly

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by KittyLovelicks View Post
    I did make some extra versions for recent clips, but then c4s started having issues. If I ever get this fast internet they say is coming, it wont be a problem. Do you girls find your shorter clips sell better? I have a few long clips but mostly I cut one filming session into three clips.
    When I started out I made mostly short clips (3 to 4 minutes) but made crap money. Once I started making longer clips my monthly sales went up because I was making more per sale. I try to have all my clips be no less than 7 minutes but strive for 10 minute clips or longer.

22. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to SFHS For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

i was mailed by super administration of c4s " you can have only 1 compilation (HD) for one clip. second compilation will be spam and your store will be closed"
    i dont understand spammers, who post 2-4 compilations for one clip and spamming top pages with recent updates

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by boyru View Post
    i was mailed by super administration of c4s " you can have only 1 compilation (HD) for one clip. second compilation will be spam and your store will be closed"
    i dont understand spammers, who post 2-4 compilations for one clip and spamming top pages with recent updates
    when you first start you have to have 10 unique clips, that doesn't mean you can't have a HD and a SD version of clips after you have your 10 unique clips - it's been talked about loads in this thread that it is indeed ok but you seem to ignore what people say on here constantly so

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PixiieGirl View Post
    ... but you seem to ignore what people say on here constantly so
    may be U dont see new rules - start support thread and ask about massive compilations and categories spamming
    i add one compilation only and dont spam in categories since Dec 10th 2016

have a nice day

Veteran Member
    Thanks

ergh I got hit by the clip not showing right away in my store glitch - my clip only started showing after 24 hours and I had loads of traffic from that category in the time so I'm sure it cost me sales

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PixiieGirl View Post
    ergh I got hit by the clip not showing right away in my store glitch - my clip only started showing after 24 hours and I had loads of traffic from that category in the time so I'm sure it cost me sales
    it is CDN bugs ... dont shedule clips, activate them on time U want

Thanks

I'm fed up with the site not accepting the file name for my images anymore, it's messing up my library as I have to change it now, and then it doesn't store it but tells me it already exists when I try to upload it again so I have to change the file name yet again...absolute pain in the backside. Why are the changes always making things worse?!