Page 271 of 271 FirstFirst ... 171221261269270271
Results 6,751 to 6,775 of 6775

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

sigh, well not only has this month been my worst sale wise, Id filmed really far ahead for my store and then my laptop bust. and I cant get my files so I'm gonna end up missing atleast 3 days of updates plus the expense of a new bloody laptop ergh why v.v

is there a way to download our files from C4S? :/

Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 592 Posts

You can ask them but someone said a while back that they aren't doing that anymore and that support told them that. I don't think it was ever supposed to be offered but some support helped with it?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justsometwat View Post
    You can ask them but someone said a while back that they aren't doing that anymore and that support told them that. I don't think it was ever supposed to be offered but some support helped with it?
    thanks lovely Ill see what they say, I only need one or two of the videos urgently I guess so maybe theyll make an exception aha

Thanks
    Thanked 4,213 Times in 1,710 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PixiieGirl View Post
    thanks lovely Ill see what they say, I only need one or two of the videos urgently I guess so maybe theyll make an exception aha
    They used to do it on request, I lost 6 months worth once...and I haven't backed up my new laptop and must! If it's only one or two you could always buy them yourself if they won't do it.

Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

sigh, well not only has this month been my worst sale wise, Id filmed really far ahead for my store and then my laptop bust. and I cant get my files so I'm gonna end up missing atleast 3 days of updates plus the expense of a new bloody laptop ergh why v.v

is there a way to download our files from C4S? :/
    If your hard drive isn't dead you can still recover your files. You essentially convert the hard drive into an external.
    https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter.../dp/B002OV1VJW
    https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Sabr...rive+converter

Even if it's dead you might be able to recover them. It will likely cost you though, so you'll have to decide how much your files are worth. http://www.toptenreviews.com/service...very-services/

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rispy_Girl View Post
    If your hard drive isn't dead you can still recover your files. You essentially convert the hard drive into an external.
    https://www.amazon.com/Drive-Adapter.../dp/B002OV1VJW
    https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-Sabr...rive+converter

Even if it's dead you might be able to recover them. It will likely cost you though, so you'll have to decide how much your files are worth. http://www.toptenreviews.com/service...very-services/
    yeah once Ive earnt a bit more money to pull myself out of this laptop shaped hole I'm gonna use the old hard drive to recover the rest of my files, but theres two I could so with getting in the next few days
    thanks for the links!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,922 Times in 1,886 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

I am thinking about doing more clown clips but I was just wondering where to advertise
    Wolves may lurk in every guise / Now as then, 'tis simple truth / Sweetest tongue has sharpest tooth.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,696 Times in 820 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

So I'm new to this & was wondering if I could just make or use the vids I have in my google drive that are 2- 3 mins long & upload them to this site without editing? Im wanting to just try this site out to see what I can make. Thanks. Also how much do you guys charge per clip & how long are your clips generally?
    "Don't go mistaking paradise for a pair of long legs"

"Respect is a dying art"

"Philosophy is the talk on a cereal box"

Thanks

yeah once Ive earnt a bit more money to pull myself out of this laptop shaped hole I'm gonna use the old hard drive to recover the rest of my files, but theres two I could so with getting in the next few days
    thanks for the links!
    I have a local guy who recovered files from my hard drive, after I dropped a mini fan on that part of my laptop...he got all my clips off but the file names are stored separately from the clips on the hard drive, so I have them all, but don't know which ones are which without watching them! Word documents were saved with their file name thankfully.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxxGothBarbie View Post
    So I'm new to this & was wondering if I could just make or use the vids I have in my google drive that are 2- 3 mins long & upload them to this site without editing? Im wanting to just try this site out to see what I can make. Thanks. Also how much do you guys charge per clip & how long are your clips generally?
    Yes you can do. You might want to add a watermark to them though. I charge the going rate of $1 a minute +$.99 and an extra $1. How long my clips are depends on the subject matter, I do have some short ones but I aim for 5-10 minutes.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,653 Times in 592 Posts

One of the people that had an issue with corrupted videos sent me this: "
    Just to let you know, customer service at C4S has been remarkably unresponsive to my inquiries. Not your problem .. I'll continue to work through it with them."

I fixed the video he had an issue with but told him he needed to let c4s know it was broken and that I reuploaded it and he needed a link to redownload it to make sure they knew there was an issue with their system.

He spends a lot of money on me, I can imagine that he spends a lot of money on others as well. He's also very respectful
    So having him say that is a disappointment.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I've decided instead of just complaining about low sales I'm gonna switch things up and try doing longer videos, mine usually are on the short side but hey if Im hardly selling I may as well make more on the few sales I do get!

Thanks

I've decided instead of just complaining about low sales I'm gonna switch things up and try doing longer videos, mine usually are on the short side but hey if Im hardly selling I may as well make more on the few sales I do get!
    Once I decided to make longer videos my monthly income saw a sharp increase.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SFHS View Post
    Once I decided to make longer videos my monthly income saw a sharp increase.
    mind me asking how long you tend to go for? I've been doing in the 4-8 mins ballpark but most are 4-5

Veteran Member
    Thanks

mind me asking how long you tend to go for? I've been doing in the 4-8 mins ballpark but most are 4-5
    4-5 mins? Oh heck YES make them longer! lol Mine are around 8-12 minutes and the longer ones sell just as well as the shorter ones. I do have some that are 5-8 minutes but I find that more often than not, my clips end up being longer.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tea4Me For This Useful Post:

Thanks

When I first started I was making 3 to 4 minute clips. I now try to have them be anywhere between 8 to 20 minutes long. If it's a category that I tend to sell well in I try for the longer lengths.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

ahhh thanks guys! I feel like cause of my main category it could get boring but then I thought I can just change up angles and such and edit it together

oh also C4S helped me get my files all of them I should say - they where really helpful

21. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

What is your take on previews, I tend to disable them and make Gifs.
    “Your heart is my piñata.” - Chuck Palaniuk.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to JaceyLynn For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JaceyLynn View Post
    What is your take on previews, I tend to disable them and make Gifs.
    I use them so guys can hear my voice. I use gifs too or just a still image depending on the clip.

Veteran Member Sinna (2pee4you)'s Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Brooding

I have done so much testing with previews on / off. I compared months or even several months and I must say, although the top studios utilize longer previews, it did not make a significant difference in average earnings for me. If any, there was a slight tendency AGAINST previews. So I just do the easiest thing now: no preview and I even stopped doing gifs and mostly just post a picture. I did not like the loading time on gifs, although I never made them much bigger than 1Mb (since that was the max on tumblr for a gif to still be played back. Later it was 2mb. Gifs >2mb would just be still images. I just read that it's 3mb now: https://unwrapping.tumblr.com/post/8...-increase-2-mb).

However, I think that this works for me due to the fact that I have many returning customers and they already know what they'll get. They won't be depending on a preview or gif to make a purchase decision.

I have been saying since forever that longer videos are important, but the consensus in this thread seemed to be around 8 minutes. I never agreed with that, but my opinion is not the only one, so I did not get into that. Now with the ideas about making longer clips, I just want to say: do it.

I throw in really short clips to cater to those men who want a quicker solution and because a $2.99 clip has slightly higher potential to place high in the individual clip top list. A high placement there is directly influencing sales, according to my experiences. Short clips are mostly cheaper and cheaper does sell more often on average, but 1 video at an hour length at $60 outweighs 10-20 sales of $3-6 videos.

I just had a bad / non experience with that early on and then it took me years to go back to making long clips. I had a 40 or so minute clip when I started and it never sold, so I stuck to shorter clips. When a customer ordered a 2 hour custom (which I made for free back then) I put that up in my store and sold it like 5 times, that was the first time I experienced the power of long clips.

Mix it up, go very long and very short. I would not make all the videos about the same length (lets say 10 minutes). In my personal experience, that is not the best method. There are many other opinions of course. Everyone is making their own experiences with c4s and what works for one does not automatically work for another. It's super strange but that's also the exciting part

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sinna (2pee4you) For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Hi everyone. First i need to say sorry for my english. I read a lot of those thread and help me a lot with my store which is 1 months old so thank you all. But i have 1 question, can i send messages to my buyrs or any other feedback with them? I just want to say them thanks and ask what they want to see from me in future, ofcours if they like what they buy and if they didn't satisfied what i must change. Good luck to everyone.

Thanks
    Thanked 5,705 Times in 1,620 Posts

Yes, if they share their email with you it will be on your account. Go to your store admin & click "Email".

If they get way too specific with their "suggestions", then they are trying to take advantage. Something like "I liked your foot video but more toe pointing please" is ok but if they send you a whole story of a brand new clip, maybe charge them to make a custom video.

"the red of the red rose is it’s own and something no man can divide" -Tori Amos

29. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cam_Model_Jess For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Thank you!

Curious Guest
    Thanks

Longer previews can run the risk of getting the customer "off", they get what they wanted then leave without saying thanks (buying). I've noticed if we even shave 10 seconds off a video preview to 50 or 45 seconds (which we used to give a minute as standard), some would complain. Some of which it turned out, had very LITTLE of a buying history or habit.

I think it depends on the clip type and genre. For some, 10-20 seconds may be perfectly enough to show what you need without giving too much away, especially on shorter clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinna (2pee4you) View Post
    I have done so much testing with previews on / off. I compared months or even several months and I must say, although the top studios utilize longer previews, it did not make a significant difference in average earnings for me. If any, there was a slight tendency AGAINST previews. So I just do the easiest thing now: no preview and I even stopped doing gifs and mostly just post a picture. I did not like the loading time on gifs, although I never made them much bigger than 1Mb (since that was the max on tumblr for a gif to still be played back. Later it was 2mb. Gifs >2mb would just be still images. I just read that it's 3mb now: https://unwrapping.tumblr.com/post/8...-increase-2-mb).
    http://htmwrestling.com - Fetish sports entertainment

Thanks

I use the preview that you can enable on upload...10 seconds from the start. It's enough for them to hear my voice.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Classy_Katy For This Useful Post: