Page 410 of 412 FirstFirst ... 310360400408409410411412 LastLast
Results 10,226 to 10,250 of 10291

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Felicia[FightServ] View Post
    I hope internal traffic data gets it's own sub-section soon.
    C4S should be hammering how valuable their onsite traffic and discovery are. It's something that Onlyfans or other competitors don't offer to the same degree (or at all!).
    This is so true. Clips4sale was the only site where I could look at the stats, and have a good idea of what to shoot next. I have no idea how people even find me on ManyVids.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WonderWoman0642 For This Useful Post:

sc

Veteran Member
    Thanks

They have got to be doing something/working on the site. I've noticed some of my .gif previews start to play, then stop and/or are replaced with a static image. I also noticed the images at the top of my store page are showing as broken images, even though the image URL's bring up the image just fine.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tea4Me For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh interesting, mine looks weird when a gif is loading- it goes to black momentarily- so something has changed.

Thanks

Are the Global Ranks unavailable in general right now, or is it just mine?

Thanks

Unavailable in the admin for the past few days. They were stuck before that. :/
    http://htmwrestling.com - Fetish sports entertainment
    http://ladyfist.com - Female fighting classics

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Felicia[FightServ] For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I livechatted with a rep about the .gif issue and the ranking thing (I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting that message!) and they are aware of the problems and apparently working on a new interface? No mention of when things will start working again. The .gif thing is really annoying and I noticed it happens when scrolling up and down the page. Instead of auto-playing, it will just freeze to a single frame.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I've been hesitant to mention this because I don't know if other clip producers would care about such a thing or not but..... I found out, kind of by fluke, that C4S is making 30 second previews, with audio, of our content and posting these previews on Tube sites. The previews link directly back to C4S but on a subdomain of the C4S site. I'm assuming they are doing this as a way to advertise and get/drive more traffic to our stores but with previews they've created of our content (without our consent or knowledge). Which some people might not care, but I like to have control over what parts of a clip a customer gets to see before they purchase it.

Since this is a public forum that can be read by customers/fans/non-clip producers, I won't post the site here, just DM me if you want. Or go search the Referring Sites in the STATS section of the admin. The site starts with a P and is 8 letters long. Go to the site and type in your performer/store name and see what comes up. The URL will be _.clips4sale.com.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tea4Me For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 848 Posts

I upload my own previews so that's all I could see of my videos, but one video listed there was a full length pirated video linking to a tube site. That's odd, it's the only one there that is like that and there's only 7 pages of my videos, I have over 1k on c4s, looks like it's mostly new ones.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to justsometwat For This Useful Post:

sc

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tea4Me View Post
    I've been hesitant to mention this because I don't know if other clip producers would care about such a thing or not but..... I found out, kind of by fluke, that C4S is making 30 second previews, with audio, of our content and posting these previews on Tube sites.
    I noticed that site when referring sites came back online, and poked around long enough to come to the same conclusion you did about C4S using it for promotion. For mine, it appears to show only the first frame of my gifs- not even the gifs themselves. If I click anything, I'm just redirected to the C4S subdomain. Do you mind saying where you're seeing the 30 second previews?

Edited to say- Answered, thanks so much!
    Last edited by sc; 08-14-2022 at 10:08 PM. Reason: question has been answered

Thanks

I've been hesitant to mention this because I don't know if other clip producers would care about such a thing or not but..... I found out, kind of by fluke, that C4S is making 30 second previews, with audio, of our content and posting these previews on Tube sites. The previews link directly back to C4S but on a subdomain of the C4S site. I'm assuming they are doing this as a way to advertise and get/drive more traffic to our stores but with previews they've created of our content (without our consent or knowledge). Which some people might not care, but I like to have control over what parts of a clip a customer gets to see before they purchase it.

Since this is a public forum that can be read by customers/fans/non-clip producers, I won't post the site here, just DM me if you want. Or go search the Referring Sites in the STATS section of the admin. The site starts with a P and is 8 letters long. Go to the site and type in your performer/store name and see what comes up. The URL will be _.clips4sale.com.
    I wrote about it some time ago here. I found two sites then while looking for my pirated content. I contacted support about that and they told me that they use these sites to bring traffic to our stores. These sites if you click on a clip redirect the customer to our store and as you mentioned they use different previews than the ones we uploaded. It's making me angry since I make my gifs and previews by myself, and I am very careful with that because I want to give my customers just a little bit to tease them and make them buy the clip, and when I have no control over it now a lot of the times they give customers the best bits from my clips for free. Not to mention I geo-blocked my store for my country. I know they are internet extensions changing your IP, but still, I felt more safe using that, and now for this site geo-blocking is not working and everybody from my country can easily access my store and see the previews that I didn't choose.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to lilly90xxx For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Chatty

Quote Originally Posted by lilly90xxx View Post
    I wrote about it some time ago here. I found two sites then while looking for my pirated content. I contacted support about that and they told me that they use these sites to bring traffic to our stores. These sites if you click on a clip redirect the customer to our store and as you mentioned they use different previews than the ones we uploaded. It's making me angry since I make my gifs and previews by myself, and I am very careful with that because I want to give my customers just a little bit to tease them and make them buy the clip, and when I have no control over it now a lot of the times they give customers the best bits from my clips for free. Not to mention I geo-blocked my store for my country. I know they are internet extensions changing your IP, but still, I felt more safe using that, and now for this site geo-blocking is not working and everybody from my country can easily access my store and see the previews that I didn't choose.

Ugh. I didn't know they were doing this. Could someone DM me the sites details?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Thanks for mentioning this. I noticed this the other day and I'm not sure how I feel about it. I want to have control over my previews. And Clips4sale always had good internal traffic so is this really necessary?

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lilly90xxx View Post
    Exactly. And I'm hoping more clip producers are also upset about this. I don't recall us giving them consent to do this. Because we upload to their site, is THAT consent? So they get a 40% cut AND the right to do what they want with our content?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Grumpy

I livechatted with a rep about the .gif issue and the ranking thing (I'm glad I wasn't the only one getting that message!) and they are aware of the problems and apparently working on a new interface? No mention of when things will start working again. The .gif thing is really annoying and I noticed it happens when scrolling up and down the page. Instead of auto-playing, it will just freeze to a single frame.

Yeah, and in your store , the "our top selling clips" isn't updated either, I sold the same clip 6 times in a day and it doesn't show up there at all.

Thanks

Yes I have been pestering there support over this for weeks now. Seems they started auto generating previews for our stuff back around March 2022 and using them on that mobile landing site. The auto generated previews have sound and will even show the "money shots" some times. SO ANNOYING that people can get the good parts for free especially if its a video related to a clothing fetish or some thing.

22. The Following User Says Thank You to ericachronic For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Are you all seeing the previews when you click on the image? When I click on the image, it just shows the gif that I created. Or am I missing something. I don't usually post previews at all on clips4sale though. But they shouldn't make the previews-that's really shady.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by WonderWoman0642 View Post
    Are you all seeing the previews when you click on the image? When I click on the image, it just shows the gif that I created. Or am I missing something. I don't usually post previews at all on clips4sale though. But they shouldn't make the previews-that's really shady.
    I browsed thru this "new page" and it seems the previews are generated by them only if you made a preview for your clip by yourself ( so instead of your preview they use their preview) if you don't have a preview for your clip it will show only a gif. At least I think it works this way after looking at a few of my clips

25. The Following User Says Thank You to lilly90xxx For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Ok since we started talking about this whole situation, one more thing...So after learning about these two sites they use, when I contacted support I asked them if there is a way to remove my clips from these sites ( since I am fine with less traffic and even fewer sales but I don't want to be involved with some weird sites that are not supporting geo-blocking, and the sites that I even didn't choose to be on). The support replied that they will remove me from there. I totally forgot about it since I focused my anger on this new c4s landing page with previews. So...Now I checked the site they use to bring traffic (the site starts with a letter I) and my clips are gone from there. Except for one clip. And when you click it, it's not even redirecting you to a clips4sale page, it's redirecting to some other weird tube site where my whole clip is posted. Yes. A whole clip. WTF. I am now waiting for their response. I don't understand it. Either c4s posted my whole clip there or the site that they are using for bringing traffic allows pirated content and some guy posted it here.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,287 Times in 848 Posts

I'm pretty sure it's pirated content, one of my full length videos was there and wasn't linked back to my page. It was one that had previously been pirated. Stupid that they post on a site that also hosts pirated content. They don't wanna make money?

Thanks

I browsed thru this "new page" and it seems the previews are generated by them only if you made a preview for your clip by yourself ( so instead of your preview they use their preview) if you don't have a preview for your clip it will show only a gif. At least I think it works this way after looking at a few of my clips
    So its wonky...if you go back to clips posted between like March - May 2022 it will show there auto generated one no matter what.

When I complained in July I noticed it switched to selected your gif.

Part of me thinks the real reason that stats were not working is they didn't want the stores to see the traffic coming from these places.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to ericachronic For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Hmm....none of this sounds good. I wonder why they would do this? And yeah it was pretty weird the stats weren't working for so long...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by justsometwat View Post
    I'm pretty sure it's pirated content, one of my full length videos was there and wasn't linked back to my page. It was one that had previously been pirated. Stupid that they post on a site that also hosts pirated content. They don't wanna make money?
    And that's what I was thinking Using this sites is like supporting pirated content for me. Really not cool.

Thanks

Yep that was strange. I called support about it but they said it is legit. It seems C4S uses some "tube sites" to promote their content. It seems like putting in keywords and categories lead to this. I see that my keywords are being used to sort my content into their respectable tube site categories.

Also some sites appear to have your clips but they are scam sites that just take the description and preview. A scam Site claims to have a clip that I never sold...

Also is this 2nd half of the month/middle slow for anyone else? I've read some older commentary here and it seems to be the case. I started on late July and up to the middle of the month it was consistently good and now I'm getting half hits and bad sales... Coincidentally that is also when the new logo and the global rank glitch came, hope it's not affecting anything.

Thanks

Apparently, medical oxygen masks are now considered "drug paraphernalia". So there goes medical fetish category.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by AllieRabbits View Post
    Yep that was strange. I called support about it but they said it is legit. It seems C4S uses some "tube sites" to promote their content. It seems like putting in keywords and categories lead to this. I see that my keywords are being used to sort my content into their respectable tube site categories.

Also some sites appear to have your clips but they are scam sites that just take the description and preview. A scam Site claims to have a clip that I never sold...

Also is this 2nd half of the month/middle slow for anyone else? I've read some older commentary here and it seems to be the case. I started on late July and up to the middle of the month it was consistently good and now I'm getting half hits and bad sales... Coincidentally that is also when the new logo and the global rank glitch came, hope it's not affecting anything.
    I've found tons of my clips pirated lately. And some of them on the sites where C4S promotes with previews. If they are going to use sites this way, at least check them for content pirated from their site. Sigh.