Page 327 of 329 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329 LastLast
Results 8,151 to 8,175 of 8212

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Featured Member
    Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

I'm excited to actually make an effort with this higher payout and earn some more money

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tea4Me View Post
    Have you tried that in the previous contests and did it register the sale with the higher payout?

I'm not sure how to do it since it shows as:

clips4sale.com/studio/studionumber/clipnumber/clip+name

I put #mycode after the clip name and that seems to include my code in the URL for the individual clip. However, if I leave out the # sign, and just put the code, it does NOT show the code in the URL.
    sorry for the double post but also wondering this - do we put in a # or not for individual clip links?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Iris Keenkade View Post
    Biggest takeaways:

They are heavily promoting keyword/tag use as their searching method. Neil recommends everyone put their store name and model name in their Keywords.
    They are hoping to have nexocams fully integrated into C4S by end of year, including a token system that allows users to buy clips as well.
    Neil is contemplating doing these webinars weekly or monthly, but some sort of frequency on a regular basis.
    There are going to be numerous improvements to fully integrate custom clips, finally.

I'm sure I may have missed something, but those were the big ones for me.
    Happy about the custom clips being integrated. That should be good.

Yeah I always fill in all those boxes for the keywords. I've been putting in my store name/model name since my store opened a few years ago. Hmmmm I should start putting in my store number as well. I suppose it can't hurt.

I haven't utilized that NexoCams thing yet though.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Natalie0523 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Have you tried that in the previous contests and did it register the sale with the higher payout?

I'm not sure how to do it since it shows as:

clips4sale.com/studio/studionumber/clipnumber/clip+name

I put #mycode after the clip name and that seems to include my code in the URL for the individual clip. However, if I leave out the # sign, and just put the code, it does NOT show the code in the URL.

UPDATE. This did NOT work for me. My URL looked like this:

https://www.clips4sale.com/studio/st...name#cidnumber

And I gave it to one of my regular customers to try out. The sale went through but I did NOT get the higher percentage.

I got a reply from someone from C4S telling me that is the way to do it (to use the CID code for individual clips), but it didn't work and I emailed them back and am waiting for a reply. I will let you know what I find out.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Tea4Me For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

And I gave it to one of my regular customers to try out. The sale went through but I did NOT get the higher percentage.

I got a reply from someone from C4S telling me that is the way to do it (to use the CID code for individual clips), but it didn't work and I emailed them back and am waiting for a reply. I will let you know what I find out.
    thanks for this - I'm gonna do some promo but will hold off till you've got an answer

Thanks

You're doing it correctly. In last year's contest, I found that about 10% of customers who clicked on the link and purchased the video still wouldn't register for the contest. I asked C4S and they explained that it's because their cookies aren't enabled. I decided a 10% margin of error was preferable to trying to tell customers how to enable cookies. Believe me, I've tried explaining technology to customers before and it makes you want to put a bullet through your brain. You just have to work with the level of tech knowledge they currently have.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Luna66 For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Luna66 View Post
    You're doing it correctly. In last year's contest, I found that about 10% of customers who clicked on the link and purchased the video still wouldn't register for the contest. I asked C4S and they explained that it's because their cookies aren't enabled. I decided a 10% margin of error was preferable to trying to tell customers how to enable cookies. Believe me, I've tried explaining technology to customers before and it makes you want to put a bullet through your brain. You just have to work with the level of tech knowledge they currently have.
    Yeah, they said the same thing about customers browser settings. But they are having the programmers look into the issue.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Have another regular customer who has been using the contest code (not to the individual clip, as I had one other regular test out) and he is allowing cookies from C4S and his sales are going through withOUT me getting the higher percentage. Kind of annoying, but whatever. Other orders are going through where customer ARE using the code, so that's good.

Featured Member
    Thanks

Have another regular customer who has been using the contest code (not to the individual clip, as I had one other regular test out) and he is allowing cookies from C4S and his sales are going through withOUT me getting the higher percentage. Kind of annoying, but whatever. Other orders are going through where customer ARE using the code, so that's good.
    its a shame it doesn't seem to work all the time :/

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I got a reply from C4S. I was basically told that the programmers found no error with the link to the individual clips (and for reference, I copy and pasted the link I sent to my customer to use in my correspondence with C4S, so they could verify it was correct). And that they "can't force the use of anyone's browser to use cookies", which I thought was really odd wording ('force'?). No where in my exchange with this rep did I even remotely suggest such a thing. (I didn't even think about the cookie thing until someone mentioned here a few days ago).

And that customer that I had use the link to the individual clip (and I didn't get the higher percentage from that sale), the next day I had him try the (contest code) link just to my store and I DID get the higher percentage with that sale. So I'm taking away from this that the code to individual clips does NOT give you credit for the contest. (Thus it IS an error, but hey, I tried.)

I also want to mention that the customer did NOT make any changes to their computer or browser settings in-between the two days and those sales (I asked).

Now if someone else wants to test this out and perhaps has a different experience, feel free to post it, but I am only going to use/promo the direct to my store link.

And also as I mentioned in another post, I have another regular who has been using that (direct store contest link) and also has cookies enabled and it STILL doesn't work for him.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Tea4Me For This Useful Post:

Featured Member
    Thanks

just an update - I sent someone the individual clip link and it didn't work either, so guess it's definitely not working

Thanks

Our website is configured mostly for direct C4S clip links (and sales form links), so this kinda explains why one week in, we only have 6 sales counted. That's some atrocious skimming and they won't even admit there's a problem?
    If support won't acknowledge, maybe twitter will. NO company likes being called out on their bullshit.
    http://htmwrestling.com - Fetish sports entertainment

Veteran Member
    Thanks

The thing I don't get is......they didn't bother to test this out beforehand? (Or did they?) Did they have/ask a handful (or more) of clip producers to have some customers try the direct to clip (not store) links and report back? If they didn't do that, then how can they tell us that they work?

I'm not bothering at all with the direct to clip links. I can't believe they don't realize how important those are and how much clip producers use them! *sigh*

I also wanted to add, the customer I mentioned before who was using the link to my store and had cookies enabled and I still wasn't getting the higher %.....well he tried using a different browser to buy my clips and now I AM getting the higher %. :-)

Featured Member
    Thanks

The thing I don't get is......they didn't bother to test this out beforehand? (Or did they?) Did they have/ask a handful (or more) of clip producers to have some customers try the direct to clip (not store) links and report back? If they didn't do that, then how can they tell us that they work?

I'm not bothering at all with the direct to clip links. I can't believe they don't realize how important those are and how much clip producers use them! *sigh*

I also wanted to add, the customer I mentioned before who was using the link to my store and had cookies enabled and I still wasn't getting the higher %.....well he tried using a different browser to buy my clips and now I AM getting the higher %. :-)
    it sucks, most of my advertising is direct clip links - is it worth me contacting them and telling them its not working for me? maybe if enough of us do they'll sort it

Featured Member
    Thanks

got this response about individual clips link not working

"I've sent this to Neil, the Owner of Clips4Sale and the lead programmer.

I know this has been tested several times and sales were tracking correctly, but incase there's an issue I wanted to make sure it was brought up again so they can test with your store as well.

When I hear back I'll reply again."

will keep yous informed on what they say

21. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PixiieGirl For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PixiieGirl View Post
    got this response about individual clips link not working

"I've sent this to Neil, the Owner of Clips4Sale and the lead programmer.

I know this has been tested several times and sales were tracking correctly, but incase there's an issue I wanted to make sure it was brought up again so they can test with your store as well.

When I hear back I'll reply again."

will keep yous informed on what they say
    I sent him my two customers sales order numbers, email addresses and described the problems and I was told:

"thank you for this info.....should be very helpful to see exactly what the issue is.

I will let you know as soon as we know something!

Neil"

That was last Friday, I've heard nothing since and I'm not going to bother to chase it up. I had one customer try the link to the clip, didn't work. Same customer, no computer/browser changes tries link to store and I get the higher %. So I don't care if they say it works, it didn't work for my customer and I'm not going to have others try and it lose out on the higher %.

What I want to know is WHO is the link to the clip working for...? I would love to hear someone chime in who can verify that. Neil could just be telling you what the programmers are telling him.

This is more of what he said:

"> send me the so#'s and the emails of the customers and we can work with
    > them directly to what is going on. If the code wasnt working you
    > would not have any sales at higher% but I see you do so it must be
    > working in some capacity. Its easier to work with the customers to
    > investigate and report back to you the answers."

In another email Neil also said:

"I am not a programmer and its really
    >> best
    >>> to let someone who knows more about this then myself look in to
    >> the
    >>> issue and let us know what is happening."

I feel like they aren't listening to us.......

Adding this......the code to the STORE is working fine for me, which is why they would see sales from THAT. It's just the code/link to the individual CLIP that is not working.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

I also want to know WHY clip producers are never able to speak directly to a programmer and why we always have to go through someone else when we are having issues...? (Just wondering out loud...)

Thanks
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,043 Posts

I also want to know WHY clip producers are never able to speak directly to a programmer and why we always have to go through someone else when we are having issues...? (Just wondering out loud...)
    When I was having a lot of problems once, they gave me the tech email address...saved a lot of hassle!

Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

Thanks

I don't think the BUY NOW form link is being counted either. What an absolute mess!
    http://htmwrestling.com - Fetish sports entertainment

Featured Member
    Thanks

I sent him my two customers sales order numbers, email addresses and described the problems and I was told:

"thank you for this info.....should be very helpful to see exactly what the issue is.

I will let you know as soon as we know something!

Neil"

That was last Friday, I've heard nothing since and I'm not going to bother to chase it up. I had one customer try the link to the clip, didn't work. Same customer, no computer/browser changes tries link to store and I get the higher %. So I don't care if they say it works, it didn't work for my customer and I'm not going to have others try and it lose out on the higher %.

What I want to know is WHO is the link to the clip working for...? I would love to hear someone chime in who can verify that. Neil could just be telling you what the programmers are telling him.

This is more of what he said:

"> send me the so#'s and the emails of the customers and we can work with
    > them directly to what is going on. If the code wasnt working you
    > would not have any sales at higher% but I see you do so it must be
    > working in some capacity. Its easier to work with the customers to
    > investigate and report back to you the answers."

In another email Neil also said:

"I am not a programmer and its really
    >> best
    >>> to let someone who knows more about this then myself look in to
    >> the
    >>> issue and let us know what is happening."

I feel like they aren't listening to us.......

Adding this......the code to the STORE is working fine for me, which is why they would see sales from THAT. It's just the code/link to the individual CLIP that is not working.
    yup Im just gonna send everyone via the store link, its very annoying that its not working right:/

Thanks

Is anyone else still waiting for their payout this month? Mine usually comes through by the 5th of each month, but I have yet to receive it this month. I live in Canada and had issues with late payments back in 2016 as well

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by pamperz View Post
    Is anyone else still waiting for their payout this month? Mine usually comes through by the 5th of each month, but I have yet to receive it this month. I live in Canada and had issues with late payments back in 2016 as well
    I'm in Canada too, I usually get my check somewhere between the 8-12th, and this month I got it today.

- IndieBill -
    Payment processing for indie cam models & adult performers
    E
    arn 85% without chargebacks

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Question: Have any of you/do any of you, use the email list feature on C4S? How do customers even give their email address? Is it somewhere on the checkout page? (I've never looked).

I've never sent out a mass email like that and I don't want it to come across as spammy, but hey if a customer consented to it at one point (to receive emails from C4S/me), then why not utilize it, right?

UPDATE: I just read the rules for that and this is one of them "The subject of the email should not have a domain URL within the text." I wonder if that includes the C4S domain......

Thanks
    Thanked 4,931 Times in 2,043 Posts

Question: Have any of you/do any of you, use the email list feature on C4S? How do customers even give their email address? Is it somewhere on the checkout page? (I've never looked).

I've never sent out a mass email like that and I don't want it to come across as spammy, but hey if a customer consented to it at one point (to receive emails from C4S/me), then why not utilize it, right?

UPDATE: I just read the rules for that and this is one of them "The subject of the email should not have a domain URL within the text." I wonder if that includes the C4S domain......
    You could put the URL in the body of the message. I have used this feature before and some did respond...they indicate if they're open to be contacted (you'll see that not all are signed up to it) and I expect they can turn it off if they don't want to be contacted anymore.

Follow me on Twitter @ClassyKatyxxx

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Classy_Katy View Post
    You could put the URL in the body of the message. I have used this feature before and some did respond...they indicate if they're open to be contacted (you'll see that not all are signed up to it) and I expect they can turn it off if they don't want to be contacted anymore.
    Katy, how can you tell the difference? I clicked on the LIST EMAIL link and I get pages of emails that just show the status as ACTIVE or INACTIVE. Does ACTIVE mean they want to be contacted?