Page 3 of 287 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: The Clips4Sale Thread

Thanks

Default Re: The Clips4Sale Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Missymissdemeanour View Post
    Ok so my intention was to delete the movie from the store as soon as the original guy bought it, however, as I've sold two copies to other guys, I'm thinking of leaving it there, but is that fair to the originator? It was custom made for him, but then again if other guys are buying it knowing it is a custom job, I'm happy to take their $$$. What do you think girls? leave it delete it?

I also have a custom job from a year or so ago for a guy on AW, so now I'm thinking I could stick that in my store too, so again what do you think girls?
    I don't have a store yet, but while looking around at other girls stores to get a feel for things, i saw a couple that were marked *custom*. I say keep it up if you're getting that money

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Kaley For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks

It's quite common to see custom clips in girls' stores. I wish a custom guy would be pissed because I left a clip in my store *handwaves* He got what he payed for what you do with the clip after is your business. He has no right to complain. Custom and exclusive are not the same thing. He is entitled to a custom clip, doesn't mean others can't watch it. It's in a public store. I would not worry about it, at all.

Featured Member Missymissdemeanour's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 592 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MissKatie View Post
    For the one from aw yes def, but the new one i'd maybe ask the guy if he minds, i know other girls will say fuck it lol.
    Yeah I see where you're coming from, but I think I will leave it and see if he contacts me .

Thanks for your input girls, much appreciated
    MissD

XXX

Follow me on Twitter @Missdemeanour2

My clips4sale store

Where to find me on cam

Thanks

I just got my 10th clip up to open my store and posted the link on my twitter last night, when I woke up this morning I already have 2 clips sold! I like this hehe. Question, can we post a link back to our cam site and amazon wishlist at the top banner?

6. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to limecoconut For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,140 Times in 1,171 Posts
    My Mood
    Confused

I think I remember seeing something on C4S that said we can post links and banners and stuff on our store but I could be wrong. My store isn't live yet as I don't have 10 clips yet.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Tsani For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 729 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Yes you can post links but they won't be live for 30 days (sucks!)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

Seriously?? Wow....

Thanks

Honestly my custom clips are the ones that sell the best. They don't generally care that your using other peoples names. Course alot of my clips are based on characters (my sissys) such as trixie monica tina
    And they get caught up in the story line like...what's she gonna be told to do next so they buy it.

As for it being fair to the guy who requested it weather it gets resold or not I just follow this rule....A custom clip to me isn't priced any different than any other clip. They are well aware it will be resold multiple times.
    If they do not want it to be sold I consider it an exclusive clip and charge them 100 dollars per video.

I also do not let the original person who requested it pay me on clips4sale.So that I get the full amount of money for making it. Generally they pay me directly using other methods,and once they have paid and recieved it then I upload it onto clips4sale for everyone else to buy it.

Check this out if your in need of some video or phone scripts
    These are good for clips4sale videos possibly even phone sex if your more of a storyteller.

Sinocalypse.com

A Bath Bomb A Day Keeps The Crazy Away
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

@sinistress

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Most girls sell clips at $5-$10/min regardless of the content (nudity, sex, etc). For most of these guys, what you're doing is equivalent to sex. (Know faaaarrr too many fetishists to think otherwise.) C4S is known for not doing well with vanilla hardcore clips, so don't think that just because you're not talking it in the ass that it isn't worth a mark-up.

As far as reselling customs, you legally own the copyright to the material. Unless the guy wants to purchase the copyright off of you (re: 'Exclusive') then you can resell it without any issues. Most girls will post the clip in the their store at the price that the guy was quoted, and then they'll mark it down to something more reasonable after he's bought it.

And I'd take advantage of posting your links in your newsletter as it goes to all the people who've bought from you previously (unless they choose to opt out). Nothing like targeted marketing!

13. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mistresscyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,089 Times in 716 Posts
    My Mood
    Inspired

When you sign up and it says "Contact Name"... is that your REAL name? omg such a newb question lol

EDIT: Nevermind. I'm still living with my parents, and getting my hands on a utility bill would be impossible. C4S will have to wait.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to MissEgo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

I used a school tuition bill. They'll take just about any sort of official mail that has your name on it.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Tsani For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

What is this newsletter? I can see the email button but it only says there are 6 addresses i can contact??

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

What is this newsletter? I can see the email button but it only says there are 6 addresses i can contact??
    Yes, you can only message prior customers that have opted in to receive messages from you.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

I'm confused about the minimum payout. Obviously I set mine at the lowest possible option, but the first two options on the drop down list have asterisks * next to them. What does that mean? I've got my payment option set to check, what's the minimum for those?

Featured Member Missymissdemeanour's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 592 Posts

Where's this email button? lol I can't see one
    MissD

XXX

Follow me on Twitter @Missdemeanour2

My clips4sale store

Where to find me on cam

Thanks

The cheques are in US $ that we receive here in the UK.

So you have to factor in the charge from your bank (I think Nationwide charge between 5/7) and the exchange rate.
    At the moment,with the fees taken out,you'd get around 90 for the minimum payout of $150

23. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Englishprincess For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,803 Times in 937 Posts

it the guy wants an exclusive clip, make him pay extra...
    I will start doing this soon.

I will charge $75 custom , $100 exclusive custom

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by Englishprincess View Post
    The cheques are in US $ that we receive here in the UK.

So you have to factor in the charge from your bank (I think Nationwide charge between 5/7) and the exchange rate.
    At the moment,with the fees taken out,you'd get around 90 for the minimum payout of $150
    With the cheque though you have to wait however long for it to arrive, then almost a week for bank to process it. I'm thinking of just letting my c4s money build up then paying the $45 for bank transfer.

Thanks

With the cheque though you have to wait however long for it to arrive, then almost a week for bank to process it. I'm thinking of just letting my c4s money build up then paying the $45 for bank transfer.
    Yep-the wonders of getting paid from the US
    However,I noticed that the cheques come super quick from them-I'm pretty sure just a few days after the money goes from your account. And Nationwide tends to process my cheques within 5 days.

To be honest-I'm used to it,as I worked for NF for so long,the only option to the UK was cheque,they paid once a month-it took around 3 weeks to get the cheque,then,quite often,my old bank took a month to process the payment

So I can deal with waiting. Obviously not good though if you're relying on a payment and wanting it asap!

27. The Following User Says Thank You to Englishprincess For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member BeautifulDisaster's Avatar
    Thanks

This might be a really dumb question, but if you're in the US and get paid via direct deposit do you get charged a fee for it?

Banned
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Yes i think your fee is $20

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by BeautifulDisaster View Post
    This might be a really dumb question, but if you're in the US and get paid via direct deposit do you get charged a fee for it?
    Not a dumb question at all! They don't make it very clear, which really irritated me when I signed up.
    In the U.S., they charge a $20 fee if you select wire transfer but not for ACH (bank draft/direct deposit type thingie). So if you don't want to pay the $20 for the federal reserve/within a day transfer to your account, just pick ACH option and enter your bank info, and it'll take a bit longer to deposit into your account from their bank than a wire transfer, but no charge.

31. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Bird of Paradise For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Last night I recorded multiple separate clips for a custom request that I had to buy a few special supplies for, everything looked all good and I checked my focus/light/settings, then when finished I checked and the picture was great but the sound was crap. I'd somehow not noticed that the mic sound settings were changed to use my shitty laptop microphone instead of my C910 mic, so I was talking at my tripod with the cam on it while being sound-recorded by the POS laptop mic.

Then I play it back, thinking I'm all hot sh*t, and all you could hear was hissing from my laptop cooling fan and the ticks and pops of the mic feedback. lol!

Recorded lots of clips and never had that happen til now

What a fail! Next time I'll check ALL my settings twice, instead of having to make another trip to the store in the middle of the night to get new supplies to redo the clip. Derp!
    Last edited by Bird of Paradise; 10-21-2011 at 05:44 PM.

33. The Following User Says Thank You to Bird of Paradise For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I finally got off my ass and made enough clips to have 10, I have 11 now. Do I need to contact them and let them know or will my store automatically be activated? I regret not doing it sooner as I opened my store up about a month or so ago T_T
    Looking for affordable web or graphic design? SEO? Wordpress help? Send me a PM

35. The Following User Says Thank You to Tinsley For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Tinsley View Post
    I finally got off my ass and made enough clips to have 10, I have 11 now. Do I need to contact them and let them know or will my store automatically be activated? I regret not doing it sooner as I opened my store up about a month or so ago T_T
    Yes, you need to contact them. Just send an email to support that says 'hey, my store has 10+ clips and I'm ready to accept orders" and they'll give you a support ticket number and should activate you within about 8 hours

37. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Bird of Paradise For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 287 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast