Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: extralunchmoney

Thanks

Default Re: extralunchmoney

Hi! I am not yet on any other stores, but ELM still keeps me busy. I think I only have 1 video up, but I get requests and repeat business plus the occasional DL now sale. I love being able to request money on a Saturday and have it ready for spending on Sunday, that happened a few weeks ago and I nearly had an orgasm...(I had no money and was not expecting it)...so a lot of love for ELM.

One thing I have trouble with is keeping track of messages and jobs. Is it not possible to extend the preview sections in the messages inbox to fill the field? There is space to fill a further 2 lines of preview text there. Another great option would be to bring up all the message history from the same buyer when you select a single message...I don't know if that makes sense, or maybe I am doing it wrong.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to nicolot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

well i verified myself and uploaded a few of my most popular content and have made 10 credits so far, but that was mainly from one person and i havent made anything since! but im oddly addicted to the site lol i like how we can see how many ppl have viewed it (although i think most are girls) and what video has made what!

and love the twitter updates etc

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

My sales vary between $100-$500 a month from extralunchmoney lol, I've been on there since November though and take a lot of custom requests. It's my main site I sell videos on, I only just created a clips4sale this week but have made $50 so far and 7 pending custom requests, so I'll have to let you know how they compare later lol. my username for all the sites I'm on is takiaya btw or takiayabalmone

5. The Following User Says Thank You to takiaya For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicolot View Post
    Hi! I am not yet on any other stores, but ELM still keeps me busy. I think I only have 1 video up, but I get requests and repeat business plus the occasional DL now sale. I love being able to request money on a Saturday and have it ready for spending on Sunday, that happened a few weeks ago and I nearly had an orgasm...(I had no money and was not expecting it)...so a lot of love for ELM.

One thing I have trouble with is keeping track of messages and jobs. Is it not possible to extend the preview sections in the messages inbox to fill the field? There is space to fill a further 2 lines of preview text there. Another great option would be to bring up all the message history from the same buyer when you select a single message...I don't know if that makes sense, or maybe I am doing it wrong.
    Thanks for the feedback on the messaging part. Those are great suggestions. We have a full plate of stuff we need to do, but it's definitely on our list to improve the messaging experience. We know there's a lot we can do to make it better...so it's not your fault at all (it's all on us).
    Extra Lunch Money is in beta... (the custom adult digital marketplace)

Follow us on twitter @extralunchmoney
    Check out the ELM blog
    Check out Offbeatr - Crowdfunding for Adult Projects
    Watch our most recent adult industry worker interview

7. The Following User Says Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Stacie85 View Post
    well i verified myself and uploaded a few of my most popular content and have made 10 credits so far, but that was mainly from one person and i havent made anything since! but im oddly addicted to the site lol i like how we can see how many ppl have viewed it (although i think most are girls) and what video has made what!

and love the twitter updates etc
    I'm glad you like site and our twitter updates. Feel free to let us know ways we can improve Welcome to the site as well!

Check out the ELM blog

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by takiaya View Post
    My sales vary between $100-$500 a month from extralunchmoney lol, I've been on there since November though and take a lot of custom requests. It's my main site I sell videos on, I only just created a clips4sale this week but have made $50 so far and 7 pending custom requests, so I'll have to let you know how they compare later lol. my username for all the sites I'm on is takiaya btw or takiayabalmone
    Thanks for letting us know your numbers (not everyone is willing to share...). Let us know how Clip4Sale does for you. I know a lot of people do well there and currently they get A LOT more traffic than us, but we're constantly improving.

Check out the ELM blog

Thanks

I just started bookmarking hot info pages and ongoing jobs for quick checks (and help the memory), then I just delete them when complete.

Works great

11. The Following User Says Thank You to nicolot For This Useful Post:

Thanks

just a quick update ive been on the website a whole month now and i have sold 40 of my movies! i wish i joined this site before now, its defently worth joining if youre thinking of it

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stacie85 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,002 Times in 950 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

I have uploaded some clips on ELM and hope somebody will want them. haha. I had a custom order request just couple hours after I uploaded the clips. So, I guess it has nice activity for extra money.

Well, I just made a new job post on ELM - to play a game against me on Word Feud. LOL. Hope somebody will be interested! I am just poking around to find some ideas that I can keep getting paid while on my break at work or on the go. haha. http://www.extralunchmoney.com/job/p...e-on-word-feud

Your Camming Bookmarks!
    http://bit.ly/cammingbookmarks

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Benic, can you try and add "game" to the category on ELM? "Other" is a bit weird opinion for me to use. Game sounds more fun

Your Camming Bookmarks!

17. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks

@Stacie85 Congrats on selling so many videos your first month. We don't want to give the impression that everyone who joins does this well, but we're glad to hear it happened. I have no doubt most of the success is you promoting yourself well. Keep up the good work!

@CurvyWinona We don't have a formal "game" category, but we will look into adding on in the future. For now, you can add "game" or "games" as a tag for the jobs you add. This way when people search games your jobs/products will show up.

Check out the ELM blog

19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,091 Times in 5,087 Posts

The first two custom vid transactions on ELM went smoothly (both transactions were from the same guy), and now I'm worried that this other guy I just did a custom vid for (AND sent mailed panties to) is ripping me off. For starters, he's a 0 point virgin buyer. Up until now, he had been responding to my messages quickly, but I sent him the finished vid a couple days ago (I think he got the panties in the mail today or will get them tomorrow) and have gotten no response from him. I'm afraid he got the video and doesn't intend on releasing the credits to me, and that he'll pull the same stunt with the panties.

If so, I'm not doing anymore custom videos for virgin buyers.....

Thanks

I've had a similar experience, if he dosn't accept or reject the job after you set it as 'complete' the site will automatically accept it for him after about a week. (ie he was too excited to remember to mark the item complete and send you some thumbs up love)

Now if hes a jerk and rejects it, you can still appeal to ELM for your funds.

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mistress Anika For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 3,198 Times in 681 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Hey, I wanted to pop in here and say that ELM is doing great for me, lately. I didn't think much of it at first and kind of neglected my profile, but since re-vamping it and uploading a few more things I've had a few really great polite customers. I also love the layout of the site. I'm going to upload a lot more content, and hopefully it keeps going well

24. The Following User Says Thank You to maryjaynexo For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I had one instance where it took a few days for him to release the funds; I sent a message asking him how he liked the video, and he responded that he loved it, and released the credits. Another time I forgot to accept the funds in the first place. Oops. ^-^ That got straightened out quickly between us, though; I could still accept it.

Honestly, I'd send a message after three or four days as a polite reminder, just asking if they got it, how did they like it, etc. The way ELM has it set up makes it difficult for them to scam you out of what they promised, especially since they have you upload the product to send it to the buyer in most cases, so I'm sure it's in their system.

I like the soulful sounds of explosions, romantic walks to the fridge,
    and sometimes making designers cry.

26. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ThatOneGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 16,091 Times in 5,087 Posts

Thanks, ladies!

I had e-mailed ELM, and they let me do the 'complete funding' thing on my own, since it had already been 3 days or more that had passed.

I just heard back from the guy the other day, and he did release the credits for the custom vid, which he said he loved. And he got the panties in the mail. He said he'll purchase again from me soon.

28. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Glad it worked out for you. ^-^ Not sure if Benic is the only one behind the scenes (if so, HOLY CRAP man, when do you find time to sleep????), but they're good about making sure that transactions are fair.

I like the soulful sounds of explosions, romantic walks to the fridge,
    and sometimes making designers cry.

30. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ThatOneGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ThatOneGirl View Post
    Glad it worked out for you. ^-^ Not sure if Benic is the only one behind the scenes (if so, HOLY CRAP man, when do you find time to sleep????), but they're good about making sure that transactions are fair.
    I wish I could take all the credit, but I have good team members who help make sure everything runs smoothly on ELM Thanks to all who've been using the site.

Check out the ELM blog

32. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Benic, I sent you a PM.

Your Camming Bookmarks!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,083 Times in 2,584 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I really love the site Benic. My only issue is i have low upload speed making it nigh on impossible to upload clips at a rate faster than one every 30 mins grrr. I usually give up after one. I have most of my clips already on mediafire though, is it ok to have guys buy them through elm then just send them the mediafire link?

Thanks
    Websites & payment for camgirls

Thanks
    Thanked 6,243 Times in 1,623 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Susie, as you know I have shitty internet too. What I normally do, especially when it's long videos, I bung on 5 or 6 to upload then I go to bed. Means I'm not sitting there urging it to go faster. ;-) Having said that, now that I am saving my videos at 10mb/min, 5 min clips (for example) only take 10 min (tops) to upload.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.

36. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Vlodina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sexysusie View Post
    I really love the site Benic. My only issue is i have low upload speed making it nigh on impossible to upload clips at a rate faster than one every 30 mins grrr. I usually give up after one. I have most of my clips already on mediafire though, is it ok to have guys buy them through elm then just send them the mediafire link?

Thanks
    Good question. Yes, if you want you can sell the link to download the video. Just be careful since if someone has the link and shares it then anyone can download it. It's harder to do that when it's downloaded from our site.

One way you could offer the the link is you could sell the video as a download now product and instead of attaching the video attach a text file with the link and password to download the video. Just be sure in the description to write exactly what the buyer will be purchasing so they do feel like they are tricked when they buy. Not to say that you would trick them, but it's always good to let people know exactly what they are buying so that later on they can't complain ...

Check out the ELM blog

38. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

I did Benic's suggestion last week and it went nicely!

Your Camming Bookmarks!

40. The Following User Says Thank You to CurvyWinona For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,251 Times in 464 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

I've uploaded a few things and have made 10 credits so far. I don't promote much so that may be why it's so slow for me.

42. The Following User Says Thank You to Jaana For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I've uploaded a few things and have made 10 credits so far. I don't promote much so that may be why it's so slow for me.
    it varies person to person and also matters if you already have an existing fan or audience you can promote to... but everything helps. People shouldn't expect to post a job or video and just wait for the money to pour in. Like most things it does take work and energy.

The one suggestion we make is to spend time developing your twitter following. Even if you use other sites or services outside of ELM the one thing that can be constant are your fans. While quantity is nice, quality is just as important. The sellers who do well on our site most (if not all the time) are really good about interacting with people through twitter. It takes time to develop, but from what we observe it's worth the time investment.

Check out the ELM blog

44. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast