Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: extralunchmoney

Thanks
    Thanked 2,249 Times in 464 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Default Re: extralunchmoney

Quote Originally Posted by benic View Post
    it varies person to person and also matters if you already have an existing fan or audience you can promote to... but everything helps. People shouldn't expect to post a job or video and just wait for the money to pour in. Like most things it does take work and energy.

The one suggestion we make is to spend time developing your twitter following. Even if you use other sites or services outside of ELM the one thing that can be constant are your fans. While quantity is nice, quality is just as important. The sellers who do well on our site most (if not all the time) are really good about interacting with people through twitter. It takes time to develop, but from what we observe it's worth the time investment.
    I'm awful with twitter. I'm cluelesss as to how to gain followers.

Thanks

lol me too! I look at it and think err, what to to with it? hashmarks and @people, I still don't get it properly.
    I gain most followers when posting vids that get retweeted.
    I also get offers from people saying 5000 followers in two weeks with x amount of no follows and so on, but what for?
    I think it is best to gain followers slowly and would rather have 5 that care than 5000 that sit there.
    Maybe one day it will all make sense

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nicolot View Post
    lol me too! I look at it and think err, what to to with it? hashmarks and @people, I still don't get it properly.
    I gain most followers when posting vids that get retweeted.
    I also get offers from people saying 5000 followers in two weeks with x amount of no follows and so on, but what for?
    I think it is best to gain followers slowly and would rather have 5 that care than 5000 that sit there.
    Maybe one day it will all make sense
    Sending out pics and vids definitely is a good way to get followers. It's also good to follow up and say hi to new followers.

I would avoid the spammers who try to sell you services that promise to get you followers. The quality of those followers are really bad (and in some cases they are fake users).

It's a good strategy to take things slow on twitter, let people get to know you, and get used to interacting with people.

Found this article that might be of help... a beginners guide to Twitter:
    http://mashable.com/2012/06/05/twitter-for-beginners/
    Extra Lunch Money is in beta... (the custom adult digital marketplace)

Follow us on twitter @extralunchmoney
    Check out the ELM blog
    Check out Offbeatr - Crowdfunding for Adult Projects
    Watch our most recent adult industry worker interview

4. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Featured Member DiamondCupcakes's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,268 Times in 428 Posts
    My Mood
    Busy

There is something about ELM that really bugs me an deters me from adding more content. If I upload something and the pic I need to add is too small it refreshes the page and resets EVERYTHING on the page. So now not only do I need to resize my pic, I need to retype a description, retype keywords, reupload the file and enter other info all over again. Sometime my video file is ok but it will still make me reupload it just because the picture or gif was the wrong size and this takes up a lot of my time. I end up getting frustrated and say forget it.

Also if you are looking to add yourself as a provider for some requests, you hit the "add me" button, it refreshes the page and sends you to the first page. It would be nice if yu can add it and still stay on that page so you dont have to go back to page 2 or 3. Sometimes I want to add myself to a couple of projects on one page.

ELM is an amazing site, there are just a few little annoying quirks about it. Definitely not deal breaker though.

One more question, is there a higher percentage if you reach silver or gold status as a seller? I know there is for bronze but didnt see anything about incentives for any other levels. Thanks =)

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DiamondCupcakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondCupcakes View Post
    There is something about ELM that really bugs me an deters me from adding more content. If I upload something and the pic I need to add is too small it refreshes the page and resets EVERYTHING on the page. So now not only do I need to resize my pic, I need to retype a description, retype keywords, reupload the file and enter other info all over again. Sometime my video file is ok but it will still make me reupload it just because the picture or gif was the wrong size and this takes up a lot of my time. I end up getting frustrated and say forget it.

Also if you are looking to add yourself as a provider for some requests, you hit the "add me" button, it refreshes the page and sends you to the first page. It would be nice if yu can add it and still stay on that page so you dont have to go back to page 2 or 3. Sometimes I want to add myself to a couple of projects on one page.

ELM is an amazing site, there are just a few little annoying quirks about it. Definitely not deal breaker though.

One more question, is there a higher percentage if you reach silver or gold status as a seller? I know there is for bronze but didnt see anything about incentives for any other levels. Thanks =)
    Great feedback! Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

So we've put in some fixes...

Now if there's an error when the page refreshes it will save your the data you entered so you don't have to enter it again. Unfortunately, due to so a system limitation you might still need to re-upload your video.

Also now when you choose to accept a request when the page refreshes it will stay on the page you were on instead of taking you to the first page (totally understand how that would be annoying).

And to answer your question about higher percentage for silver or gold... we don't have anything right now. But we are working on something for the future so stay tuned.

Let us know if you have any other suggestions. And as always feel free to email us directly at [email protected].

Check out the ELM blog

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

I am LOVING ELM. It's one of the 3 new sites I'm trying out, and so far my favorite. The set up is super user friendly and the members have been great. Even when they think my prices are too high they've been very respectful and even black and white saying I have a right to set my prices how I want to. QUALITY!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSeraphim For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissSeraphim View Post
    I am LOVING ELM. It's one of the 3 new sites I'm trying out, and so far my favorite. The set up is super user friendly and the members have been great. Even when they think my prices are too high they've been very respectful and even black and white saying I have a right to set my prices how I want to. QUALITY!
    Thanks so much for the kind words. Glad to hear ELM is working out well for you. If you have any areas where we can improve, please let us know

Check out the ELM blog

12. The Following User Says Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Happy

Question...if I send out links to promote a certain job, or a sale, do I get the referral if they sign up through it?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MissSeraphim For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MissSeraphim View Post
    Question...if I send out links to promote a certain job, or a sale, do I get the referral if they sign up through it?
    Yes, you will get the referral. However, you'll only get the referral if you include your referral id in the link. So for example if I wanted to send out my profile to a user and wanted to include my referral code I would use this as the link:

http://www.extralunchmoney.com/user/...ref_user=benic

All you need to do is add "?ref_user=benic" (where "benic" would be your username) to the end of any link that you send out. As long as that code is there you'll get credited for the referral if they sign up. Here's more information on the referral code.

Check out the ELM blog

16. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Is there any way for the site to generate the correct link for us to just copy/paste to send out to make it so that our referral code is easier to send out?

Also, what exactly is the incentive for reaching Bronze seller status? I wasn't able to find anything on that.

I will say, I've been on the site for a couple weeks and I've sold custom videos as well as one I put on there previously. I love the escrow system and I love the idea of the requests page because it generates more visitors to my page and I've gotten custom work this way. So far, I love the site, it's definitely working out for me, and yes, I have done fetish videos for this site.

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volatileghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

ALSO:: My only suggestion is that if you've clicked that you CAN do a certain request, through requests, at least show us that users last few requests in a side-bar or something when they message you saying blah blah this this etc etc about their request, cuz that saves me having to go search for them again, unless there's another way I'm missing of finding what videos I've said I can do??

20. The Following User Says Thank You to volatileghost For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by volatileghost View Post
    Is there any way for the site to generate the correct link for us to just copy/paste to send out to make it so that our referral code is easier to send out?

Also, what exactly is the incentive for reaching Bronze seller status? I wasn't able to find anything on that.

I will say, I've been on the site for a couple weeks and I've sold custom videos as well as one I put on there previously. I love the escrow system and I love the idea of the requests page because it generates more visitors to my page and I've gotten custom work this way. So far, I love the site, it's definitely working out for me, and yes, I have done fetish videos for this site.
    Unfortunately, right now we don't have an auto-generate feature for the referral code. The best way right now is to save the ?ref_user=[username] (ie ?ref_user=benic) in like a text document and anytime you share your link. It's not as convenient, but the good thing is you can include the referral code on any link on ELM.

Right now there is no sales incentives for reaching Bronze status. For now it just shows buyers and other users that you have been participating in the site and have been doing well.

Thank you for the kind words too!

Check out the ELM blog

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by volatileghost View Post
    ALSO:: My only suggestion is that if you've clicked that you CAN do a certain request, through requests, at least show us that users last few requests in a side-bar or something when they message you saying blah blah this this etc etc about their request, cuz that saves me having to go search for them again, unless there's another way I'm missing of finding what videos I've said I can do??
    This is a great idea. We will definitely look into implementing something like this. I could see referencing their initial request could be time consuming. Thanks for the feedback!

Check out the ELM blog

24. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

Glad to see feedback acknowledged and appreciated

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to volatileghost For This Useful Post:

Curious Guest
    Thanks

ELM custom video question:

I've made some custom videos that are pretty generic. Can I post them for sale as a download also? I wanted to see what others thoughts were on the matter. Thanks.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to goddesstracey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 6,218 Times in 1,618 Posts
    My Mood
    Tired

Hell yeah, if they were meant to be exclusive then the guys should have paid a hell of a lot more. Post it for sale anywhere you use to sell clips.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnylexie View Post
    The morale of the story: trying to please everyone is a thankless job. Try pissing everyone off instead: you'll have more fun that way.

30. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Vlodina For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by goddesstracey View Post
    ELM custom video question:

I've made some custom videos that are pretty generic. Can I post them for sale as a download also? I wanted to see what others thoughts were on the matter. Thanks.
    Posting custom videos you've already made is not a problem... unless for some reason the buyer paid you for an exclusive video (which hopefully they paid more for).

Check out the ELM blog

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I do! Its a pretty good site. When I started in May it wasn't a super popular site but i feel like it has definitely grown since then. I haven't been making a whole lot of new content like at all so I am mostly just doing requests that are fairly simple and easy since I'm busy with school and just not ever in the mood to make vids
    As far as withdrawing the money you've made they have suspended dwolla recently and they dont do alert pay anymore all they offer is payoneer which I've never used and i tried making a account last night and I gave up, just don't like payoneer
    You can also sell actual items (socks, panties, ect)

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xoAly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Thanks Benic your the bestest! Do you have a gf? ;-) lol
    Oh also is there a way to see what requests a user has posted? I sometimes say I would like to do a request and people will message me back with something vague like "Thanks for wanting to do my request. Please tell me more about what you will do." An I'm like crap! I don't remember what this guys specifically requested. It would be nice to have a tab on their profile to view their requests if there isnt already a way =)

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DiamondCupcakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondCupcakes View Post
    Thanks Benic your the bestest! Do you have a gf? ;-) lol
    Oh also is there a way to see what requests a user has posted? I sometimes say I would like to do a request and people will message me back with something vague like "Thanks for wanting to do my request. Please tell me more about what you will do." An I'm like crap! I don't remember what this guys specifically requested. It would be nice to have a tab on their profile to view their requests if there isnt already a way =)
    Haha, actually I do have a girlfriend

It's a great idea. We actually have it on our list and will be working on it soon. We know keeping track of people's requests is not easy with the current site. We definitely will work on improving it.

Check out the ELM blog

38. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to benic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Busy

Darn =(

And ok thanks! Please keep us updated if that change is made. It would be a life saver! lol

40. The Following User Says Thank You to DiamondCupcakes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 414 Posts
    My Mood
    Chatty

How nice to see the site owner replying here !!
    I'm asking: I have tons of premade, watermarked videos. It would be nice to place some on sale on your site, I am member already but didn't do approval yet.
    They have another site's watermark. Can I leave it? Do i have to remove it?

42. The Following User Says Thank You to CarmenF For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 4,181 Times in 1,650 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Okay!! I joined ELM and organizing my clips to get them ready and up for sale... Now, I have quite a few clips that have music to it, and well...if I remove the music then it'll look stoopit lol cause I was either moving to the music or something. So Im curious to know, is it a bad thing / not suggested that I post up the clips with music on them? Its a lot of the vids, and pretty much all of my better vids, so it would suck if I cant upload them here.
    Don't blink. Don't even blink. Blink and you're dead. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink!

44. The Following User Says Thank You to BlkSharpie For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I don't recommend adding watermarks for other sites. Like posting your (Check out C4S for more clips) or (abcClips.com/CarmenF) is a little tacky, But if your watermark is CarmenFC.com then your good to go.

ELM is very forgiving, They understand we work on may sites and allow us to post links to any sites we work on. But on the same note doing try to steal their customers away to somewhere else.

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Mistress Anika For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,249 Times in 464 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Anika View Post
    I don't recommend adding watermarks for other sites. Like posting your (Check out C4S for more clips) or (abcClips.com/CarmenF) is a little tacky, But if your watermark is CarmenFC.com then your good to go.

ELM is very forgiving, They understand we work on may sites and allow us to post links to any sites we work on. But on the same note doing try to steal their customers away to somewhere else.
    It does suck that i have to make two versions of every video if I wanna put stuff from MGF that's watermarked on ELM. :/ but I completely understand why they don't like us using the same watermark.

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast