Thread: Clips4sale

Thanks

Mind Blowing Clips4sale

Finally I got aproved on clips4sale
    I have seen a thread ( I think posted by misskatie) about clips4sale where she was complaining about the hard work to edit/convert/upload clips ..
    The problem is that I can't find it using the search function
    I have the same issue, I have edited my clips using windows movie maker and it gives me big videos ex : 3 min clip =140MB
    and it takes forever to upload on clips4sale
    another question: I hav seen 2 different ways to uplaod clips on my studio profile
    first one is when I click on clip store
    second is when I click on GIZMO
    whICH one should I use?

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 729 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Default Re: Clips4sale

Yeah I now use the save as dvd option, because it's the lowest res that still gives a decent size picture (for email only gives 320 x 240. If you can be bothered, it might be worth making a couple of different sizes so the guys can choose the best quality option, or to view on their phones etc x

Thanks

I made my own custom save as setting. I still get pretty big file sizes but my videos are all 800x600. But I choose all the options like file size, resolution, bit rate, etc.
    Looking for affordable web or graphic design? SEO? Wordpress help? Send me a PM

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

i just ftp everything and i now save everything as mpg..it comes out much clearer and better than when i did it in wmv..also takes less time to render...
    still here.... just in another chapter..

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluexxxtasy For This Useful Post:

Banned
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 729 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

Quote Originally Posted by bluexxxtasy View Post
    i just ftp everything and i now save everything as mpg..it comes out much clearer and better than when i did it in wmv..also takes less time to render...
    How do you do this?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

i use filezilla to upload the files on ur home page in the big square it should have the ftp site i think its ftp.intermark something and u use ur clips4sale username and password in those areas for filezilla.. i currently use corel video studio 12 to edit my videos and i just save it as a mpg
    still here.... just in another chapter..

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluexxxtasy For This Useful Post:

Thanks

If you use the newest Windows Live Movie Maker you can make your own custom setting. For a regular, non HD video you could use a setting like 720X480 which is the standard resolution of most non HD camcorder and use a bitrate around 2500kb (that is what I used to use to make my videos crystal clear) but you can go down to as much as 1500kb without too much quality loss. You will get a normal sized video at those settings and honestly I wouldn't compress too much and make the quality suffer because your sales will suck once guys see that your videos are not very good quality. Most everybody has a good enough connection to download videos these days.

For my HD videos I use 1280X720 and bitrate is 3500kb and a 10 minute video is only about 300-400mb for me which is more than acceptable and absolutely no quality loss!

10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TXCamgirl For This Useful Post:

Senior Member Sara - Clips4Sale.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Cheeky

Our FTP host address is: FTP.INTERMARKPRODUCTIONS.COM

Username: Your studio log-in username
    Password: You studio log-in password

FTP CLIENTS:

Filezilla - http://filezilla-project.org/
    CuteFTP - http://www.globalscape.com/

When uploading with an FTP Client, you want to put your video clips in the CLIPS folder and if you have your own image your want to put that in the CLIP IMAGES folder. Once you have your files uploaded you go back to CLIP STORE and on the ADD CLIPS page the files will show in the drop down boxes "Clip Name" and "Image Name"

Sara - C4S Studio Support
    [email protected]
    http://clips4sale.com

Follow Us & Like Us!
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/clips4sale
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theclips4sale

12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sara - Clips4Sale.com For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 17,764 Times in 5,701 Posts

I was asking about this recently, because some of my videos (used with Windows Live Movie Maker) were too large and taking too long to upload to AdultWork, MediaFire, and Clips4Sale...while I realized that saving them under the lowest setting ('For E-mail') made them very small. So I've been saving them under WLMM's 'Burn to DVD' setting, so that it's 720 x 480 pixels. I think that's a good setting because it's a good size and doesn't take ridiculously long to upload/download.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:

Thanks

is anybody using iMovie to do this - I am experiencing the same long upload problems, which leads me to the question, will this lead to long downloads?- and can this hurt me?
    What way do you ladies export the movies in iMovie?

Thanks
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 690 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

Quote Originally Posted by SexySiren
    is anybody using iMovie to do this - I am experiencing the same long upload problems, which leads me to the question, will this lead to long downloads?- and can this hurt me?
    I use iMovie. Make sure you export to QuickTime and make sure it's streaming medium. That will solve your problem

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OJenni! For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SexySiren View Post
    I also use iMovie, Jenni is right use the Quicktime option for exporting your clips. Also most peoples upload speeds are lower than their download speeds. So it should take the guys less time to receive a video clip than it takes us to upload them.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistress Anika For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Thanks Anika, and Ojenni I will do this from now on!

Thanks

Hi folks,

My GF recently opened a C4S studio. I shoot all her content (only phone cam stuff thus far, saving for an HD cam! ), work with her on the edits and handle all the uploading and technical stuff. I thought I would throw in my 0.02 from a technical perspective.

Firstly Windows Live Movie Maker, while a capable program, has some serious limitations. It only lets you you export movies to WMV, which is a pretty outdated codec now. There are much better options available in terms of the inevitable quality/size/compression time tradeoff that occurs with any compression process. It is also not supported under MacOS/iOS without jumping through hoops.

We use a freeware editing program called VideoPad by NCH Software. It is very easy to use, quite flexible and powerful, and the freeware version saves to MPEG4 (H.264) AVI files by default which are widely supported and offer good image quality/compression trade-offs (H.264 is the same codec used by most Blu-Ray discs). The paid "Pro" version offers addtional options to maximise compression with minimal penalties in image quailty. About the only thing wrong with it is that it takes a fair bit of time to encode the finished movie, but this is to be expected with any compression process... compression will always take significantly longer than decompression/playback. The free version allows conversion to various resolution... most of our clips are in the good old 640x480 res which is quite acceptable for cheap SD clips and keeps the size/upload time down. We will move to 1280x720 for HD content once we get that nice shiny new cam. VideoPad allows resolutions up to 1080p, which is nice but IMHO is complete overkill for anything but "special" content like Member's only exclusives, as it will take ages to export/upload and you'll probably run into clip size limits for non-member uploads.

Regarding uploading, be aware that practically every household broadband connection is "asynchronous" whether delivered via cable or ADSL over the phone line (ADSL stands for "Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line"). This means that your download rate will always be several orders of magnitude faster than your upload rate (since modern web usage is heavily skewed toward downloads, even for basic web browsing). We initially used C4s' web-based uploader accessed via the Studio admin page, but got a bit frustrated with the slow uploads even from our fast-as-currently-available-in-Australia ADSL2+ connection. After having a larger upload repeatedly hang partway through, I installed FileZilla and started using the C4S FTP site. This has numerous benefits including maximising usage of your available upload bandwidth, the ability to queue uploads to complete overnight while you sleep, and direct access to the clip/image/preview folder structure for your studio.

It is really quite simple to use - basically, log in to ftp.intermark.com with your studio login details, then click and drag clip files from your local folders in the left window to their appropriate FTP folders in the right window.
    About the only limitation we've come across is an inability to upload clips directly to your Member's area, this must still be done via the web interface. Hopefully C4S provides this functionality soon!

It takes very little time to learn how to use FTP and makes the upload process much less painful. I'm sure C4S support would be happy to assist, or feel free to drop us a PM if you'd like some help.

PS. Message from Bambi: "I love having a geek boyfriend!"

22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sexystuff For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Anika View Post
    I also use iMovie, Jenni is right use the Quicktime option for exporting your clips. Also most peoples upload speeds are lower than their download speeds. So it should take the guys less time to receive a video clip than it takes us to upload them.
    May I ask what settings you use? or what format your clips are in? I found that .MOV files for me are a good quality. My MP4s come out in bad quality.

Senior Member CreamintheCupcake's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by sexystuff View Post
    Hi folks,

My GF recently opened a C4S studio. I shoot all her content (only phone cam stuff thus far, saving for an HD cam! ), work with her on the edits and handle all the uploading and technical stuff. I thought I would throw in my 0.02 from a technical perspective.

Firstly Windows Live Movie Maker, while a capable program, has some serious limitations. It only lets you you export movies to WMV, which is a pretty outdated codec now. There are much better options available in terms of the inevitable quality/size/compression time tradeoff that occurs with any compression process. It is also not supported under MacOS/iOS without jumping through hoops.

We use a freeware editing program called VideoPad by NCH Software. It is very easy to use, quite flexible and powerful, and the freeware version saves to MPEG4 (H.264) AVI files by default which are widely supported and offer good image quality/compression trade-offs (H.264 is the same codec used by most Blu-Ray discs). The paid "Pro" version offers addtional options to maximise compression with minimal penalties in image quailty. About the only thing wrong with it is that it takes a fair bit of time to encode the finished movie, but this is to be expected with any compression process... compression will always take significantly longer than decompression/playback. The free version allows conversion to various resolution... most of our clips are in the good old 640x480 res which is quite acceptable for cheap SD clips and keeps the size/upload time down. We will move to 1280x720 for HD content once we get that nice shiny new cam. VideoPad allows resolutions up to 1080p, which is nice but IMHO is complete overkill for anything but "special" content like Member's only exclusives, as it will take ages to export/upload and you'll probably run into clip size limits for non-member uploads.

Regarding uploading, be aware that practically every household broadband connection is "asynchronous" whether delivered via cable or ADSL over the phone line (ADSL stands for "Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line"). This means that your download rate will always be several orders of magnitude faster than your upload rate (since modern web usage is heavily skewed toward downloads, even for basic web browsing). We initially used C4s' web-based uploader accessed via the Studio admin page, but got a bit frustrated with the slow uploads even from our fast-as-currently-available-in-Australia ADSL2+ connection. After having a larger upload repeatedly hang partway through, I installed FileZilla and started using the C4S FTP site. This has numerous benefits including maximising usage of your available upload bandwidth, the ability to queue uploads to complete overnight while you sleep, and direct access to the clip/image/preview folder structure for your studio.

It is really quite simple to use - basically, log in to ftp.intermark.com with your studio login details, then click and drag clip files from your local folders in the left window to their appropriate FTP folders in the right window.
    About the only limitation we've come across is an inability to upload clips directly to your Member's area, this must still be done via the web interface. Hopefully C4S provides this functionality soon!

It takes very little time to learn how to use FTP and makes the upload process much less painful. I'm sure C4S support would be happy to assist, or feel free to drop us a PM if you'd like some help.

PS. Message from Bambi: "I love having a geek boyfriend!"

With Video pad what do you save it under? The dvd option is confusing, its like it wants me to burn a dvd right then and there. Ive been saving to computer but Im worried about lost quality. Also my cameras biggest size is the 640x whatever, so Ive been trying to save a few as 1024x whatever. Im worried about quality loss.

Thanks
    Thanked 9,814 Times in 3,592 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

Now I make my clips however long, but save as "for email" then split into 3 min parts and upload each seperately. Then I upload the whole thing, and maybe in a couple of different (higher quality/ size) formats too. Gives the guys more choice, fills up your store, and means you can at least gets some clips up there quickly I still use windows live movie maker x
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar

Senior Member CreamintheCupcake's Avatar
    Thanks

Is a lot of quality lost if my camera records at 640x480 (or something) and i save it as a larger one like 1024x576? Thats what ive been doing. Also i havnt been getting good clips when i save under .mov or .mp4.

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 727 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

With Videopad I just play around with the options. Most often I'll use 640 x 480 or HD720. But I ALWAYS save in .mp4 format because everything else takes 8+ hours to save or upload and this seems to be the only format that actually successfully uploads for me. I'll also use Sony Vegas because it has more editing options and choose pretty much the same settings.

28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissAdriana For This Useful Post: