Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: Clips4sale

  1. #1
    Veteran Member naughtycamgirl's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    460
    Thanks
    311
    Thanked 420 Times in 175 Posts

    Mind Blowing Clips4sale

    Finally I got aproved on clips4sale
    I have seen a thread ( I think posted by misskatie) about clips4sale where she was complaining about the hard work to edit/convert/upload clips ..
    The problem is that I can't find it using the search function
    I have the same issue, I have edited my clips using windows movie maker and it gives me big videos ex : 3 min clip =140MB
    and it takes forever to upload on clips4sale
    another question: I hav seen 2 different ways to uplaod clips on my studio profile
    first one is when I click on clip store
    second is when I click on GIZMO
    whICH one should I use?

  2. #2
    Banned
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    1,952
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 729 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Yeah I now use the save as dvd option, because it's the lowest res that still gives a decent size picture (for email only gives 320 x 240. If you can be bothered, it might be worth making a couple of different sizes so the guys can choose the best quality option, or to view on their phones etc x

  3. #3
    Veteran Member Tinsley's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    203
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 170 Times in 65 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    I made my own custom save as setting. I still get pretty big file sizes but my videos are all 800x600. But I choose all the options like file size, resolution, bit rate, etc.
    Looking for affordable web or graphic design? SEO? Wordpress help? Send me a PM

  4. #4
    Veteran Member bluexxxtasy's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas nv
    Posts
    704
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 424 Times in 186 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    i just ftp everything and i now save everything as mpg..it comes out much clearer and better than when i did it in wmv..also takes less time to render...
    still here.... just in another chapter..

  5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluexxxtasy For This Useful Post:


  6. #5
    Banned
    Joined
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,944
    Thanks
    1,952
    Thanked 1,739 Times in 729 Posts
    My Mood
    Relaxed

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Quote Originally Posted by bluexxxtasy View Post
    i just ftp everything and i now save everything as mpg..it comes out much clearer and better than when i did it in wmv..also takes less time to render...
    How do you do this?

  7. #6
    Veteran Member bluexxxtasy's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas nv
    Posts
    704
    Thanks
    585
    Thanked 424 Times in 186 Posts
    My Mood
    Aggressive

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    i use filezilla to upload the files on ur home page in the big square it should have the ftp site i think its ftp.intermark something and u use ur clips4sale username and password in those areas for filezilla.. i currently use corel video studio 12 to edit my videos and i just save it as a mpg
    still here.... just in another chapter..

  8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bluexxxtasy For This Useful Post:


  9. #7
    Veteran Member TXCamgirl's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2011
    Posts
    448
    Thanks
    35
    Thanked 639 Times in 219 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    If you use the newest Windows Live Movie Maker you can make your own custom setting. For a regular, non HD video you could use a setting like 720X480 which is the standard resolution of most non HD camcorder and use a bitrate around 2500kb (that is what I used to use to make my videos crystal clear) but you can go down to as much as 1500kb without too much quality loss. You will get a normal sized video at those settings and honestly I wouldn't compress too much and make the quality suffer because your sales will suck once guys see that your videos are not very good quality. Most everybody has a good enough connection to download videos these days.

    For my HD videos I use 1280X720 and bitrate is 3500kb and a 10 minute video is only about 300-400mb for me which is more than acceptable and absolutely no quality loss!

  10. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to TXCamgirl For This Useful Post:


  11. #8
    Senior Member Sara - Clips4Sale.com's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Sunny Floridaaa!
    Posts
    157
    Thanks
    89
    Thanked 530 Times in 121 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheeky

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Our FTP host address is: FTP.INTERMARKPRODUCTIONS.COM

    Username: Your studio log-in username
    Password: You studio log-in password

    FTP CLIENTS:

    Filezilla - http://filezilla-project.org/
    CuteFTP - http://www.globalscape.com/

    When uploading with an FTP Client, you want to put your video clips in the CLIPS folder and if you have your own image your want to put that in the CLIP IMAGES folder. Once you have your files uploaded you go back to CLIP STORE and on the ADD CLIPS page the files will show in the drop down boxes "Clip Name" and "Image Name"


    Sara - C4S Studio Support
    [email protected]
    http://clips4sale.com

    Follow Us & Like Us!
    Twitter: http://twitter.com/clips4sale
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/theclips4sale

  12. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Sara - Clips4Sale.com For This Useful Post:


  13. #9
    God/dess TheBrownFox's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    9,119
    Thanks
    26,407
    Thanked 17,764 Times in 5,701 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    I was asking about this recently, because some of my videos (used with Windows Live Movie Maker) were too large and taking too long to upload to AdultWork, MediaFire, and Clips4Sale...while I realized that saving them under the lowest setting ('For E-mail') made them very small. So I've been saving them under WLMM's 'Burn to DVD' setting, so that it's 720 x 480 pixels. I think that's a good setting because it's a good size and doesn't take ridiculously long to upload/download.


  14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to TheBrownFox For This Useful Post:


  15. #10
    Member
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 25 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    is anybody using iMovie to do this - I am experiencing the same long upload problems, which leads me to the question, will this lead to long downloads?- and can this hurt me?
    What way do you ladies export the movies in iMovie?

  16. #11
    Featured Member OJenni!'s Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,777
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 2,237 Times in 690 Posts
    My Mood
    Angelic

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SexySiren
    is anybody using iMovie to do this - I am experiencing the same long upload problems, which leads me to the question, will this lead to long downloads?- and can this hurt me?
    What way do you ladies export the movies in iMovie?
    I use iMovie. Make sure you export to QuickTime and make sure it's streaming medium. That will solve your problem



  17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OJenni! For This Useful Post:


  18. #12
    Veteran Member Mistress Anika's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    442
    Thanks
    2,114
    Thanked 617 Times in 252 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Quote Originally Posted by SexySiren View Post
    is anybody using iMovie to do this - I am experiencing the same long upload problems, which leads me to the question, will this lead to long downloads?- and can this hurt me?
    What way do you ladies export the movies in iMovie?
    I also use iMovie, Jenni is right use the Quicktime option for exporting your clips. Also most peoples upload speeds are lower than their download speeds. So it should take the guys less time to receive a video clip than it takes us to upload them.

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to Mistress Anika For This Useful Post:


  20. #13
    Member
    Joined
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 25 Times in 10 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Thanks Anika, and Ojenni I will do this from now on!

  21. #14
    Curious Guest sexystuff's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2012
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 7 Times in 1 Post

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Hi folks,

    My GF recently opened a C4S studio. I shoot all her content (only phone cam stuff thus far, saving for an HD cam! ), work with her on the edits and handle all the uploading and technical stuff. I thought I would throw in my 0.02 from a technical perspective.

    Firstly Windows Live Movie Maker, while a capable program, has some serious limitations. It only lets you you export movies to WMV, which is a pretty outdated codec now. There are much better options available in terms of the inevitable quality/size/compression time tradeoff that occurs with any compression process. It is also not supported under MacOS/iOS without jumping through hoops.

    We use a freeware editing program called VideoPad by NCH Software. It is very easy to use, quite flexible and powerful, and the freeware version saves to MPEG4 (H.264) AVI files by default which are widely supported and offer good image quality/compression trade-offs (H.264 is the same codec used by most Blu-Ray discs). The paid "Pro" version offers addtional options to maximise compression with minimal penalties in image quailty. About the only thing wrong with it is that it takes a fair bit of time to encode the finished movie, but this is to be expected with any compression process... compression will always take significantly longer than decompression/playback. The free version allows conversion to various resolution... most of our clips are in the good old 640x480 res which is quite acceptable for cheap SD clips and keeps the size/upload time down. We will move to 1280x720 for HD content once we get that nice shiny new cam. VideoPad allows resolutions up to 1080p, which is nice but IMHO is complete overkill for anything but "special" content like Member's only exclusives, as it will take ages to export/upload and you'll probably run into clip size limits for non-member uploads.

    Regarding uploading, be aware that practically every household broadband connection is "asynchronous" whether delivered via cable or ADSL over the phone line (ADSL stands for "Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line"). This means that your download rate will always be several orders of magnitude faster than your upload rate (since modern web usage is heavily skewed toward downloads, even for basic web browsing). We initially used C4s' web-based uploader accessed via the Studio admin page, but got a bit frustrated with the slow uploads even from our fast-as-currently-available-in-Australia ADSL2+ connection. After having a larger upload repeatedly hang partway through, I installed FileZilla and started using the C4S FTP site. This has numerous benefits including maximising usage of your available upload bandwidth, the ability to queue uploads to complete overnight while you sleep, and direct access to the clip/image/preview folder structure for your studio.

    It is really quite simple to use - basically, log in to ftp.intermark.com with your studio login details, then click and drag clip files from your local folders in the left window to their appropriate FTP folders in the right window.
    About the only limitation we've come across is an inability to upload clips directly to your Member's area, this must still be done via the web interface. Hopefully C4S provides this functionality soon!

    It takes very little time to learn how to use FTP and makes the upload process much less painful. I'm sure C4S support would be happy to assist, or feel free to drop us a PM if you'd like some help.

    PS. Message from Bambi: "I love having a geek boyfriend!"

  22. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sexystuff For This Useful Post:


  23. #15
    Veteran Member qwerty24's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Canada-da-da
    Posts
    224
    Thanks
    590
    Thanked 556 Times in 139 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Quote Originally Posted by Mistress Anika View Post
    I also use iMovie, Jenni is right use the Quicktime option for exporting your clips. Also most peoples upload speeds are lower than their download speeds. So it should take the guys less time to receive a video clip than it takes us to upload them.
    May I ask what settings you use? or what format your clips are in? I found that .MOV files for me are a good quality. My MP4s come out in bad quality.

  24. #16
    Senior Member CreamintheCupcake's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Quote Originally Posted by sexystuff View Post
    Hi folks,

    My GF recently opened a C4S studio. I shoot all her content (only phone cam stuff thus far, saving for an HD cam! ), work with her on the edits and handle all the uploading and technical stuff. I thought I would throw in my 0.02 from a technical perspective.

    Firstly Windows Live Movie Maker, while a capable program, has some serious limitations. It only lets you you export movies to WMV, which is a pretty outdated codec now. There are much better options available in terms of the inevitable quality/size/compression time tradeoff that occurs with any compression process. It is also not supported under MacOS/iOS without jumping through hoops.

    We use a freeware editing program called VideoPad by NCH Software. It is very easy to use, quite flexible and powerful, and the freeware version saves to MPEG4 (H.264) AVI files by default which are widely supported and offer good image quality/compression trade-offs (H.264 is the same codec used by most Blu-Ray discs). The paid "Pro" version offers addtional options to maximise compression with minimal penalties in image quailty. About the only thing wrong with it is that it takes a fair bit of time to encode the finished movie, but this is to be expected with any compression process... compression will always take significantly longer than decompression/playback. The free version allows conversion to various resolution... most of our clips are in the good old 640x480 res which is quite acceptable for cheap SD clips and keeps the size/upload time down. We will move to 1280x720 for HD content once we get that nice shiny new cam. VideoPad allows resolutions up to 1080p, which is nice but IMHO is complete overkill for anything but "special" content like Member's only exclusives, as it will take ages to export/upload and you'll probably run into clip size limits for non-member uploads.

    Regarding uploading, be aware that practically every household broadband connection is "asynchronous" whether delivered via cable or ADSL over the phone line (ADSL stands for "Asynchronous Digital Subscriber Line"). This means that your download rate will always be several orders of magnitude faster than your upload rate (since modern web usage is heavily skewed toward downloads, even for basic web browsing). We initially used C4s' web-based uploader accessed via the Studio admin page, but got a bit frustrated with the slow uploads even from our fast-as-currently-available-in-Australia ADSL2+ connection. After having a larger upload repeatedly hang partway through, I installed FileZilla and started using the C4S FTP site. This has numerous benefits including maximising usage of your available upload bandwidth, the ability to queue uploads to complete overnight while you sleep, and direct access to the clip/image/preview folder structure for your studio.

    It is really quite simple to use - basically, log in to ftp.intermark.com with your studio login details, then click and drag clip files from your local folders in the left window to their appropriate FTP folders in the right window.
    About the only limitation we've come across is an inability to upload clips directly to your Member's area, this must still be done via the web interface. Hopefully C4S provides this functionality soon!

    It takes very little time to learn how to use FTP and makes the upload process much less painful. I'm sure C4S support would be happy to assist, or feel free to drop us a PM if you'd like some help.

    PS. Message from Bambi: "I love having a geek boyfriend!"



    With Video pad what do you save it under? The dvd option is confusing, its like it wants me to burn a dvd right then and there. Ive been saving to computer but Im worried about lost quality. Also my cameras biggest size is the 640x whatever, so Ive been trying to save a few as 1024x whatever. Im worried about quality loss.

  25. #17
    God/dess sexysusie's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    5,507
    Thanks
    7,781
    Thanked 9,814 Times in 3,592 Posts
    My Mood
    Cheerful

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Now I make my clips however long, but save as "for email" then split into 3 min parts and upload each seperately. Then I upload the whole thing, and maybe in a couple of different (higher quality/ size) formats too. Gives the guys more choice, fills up your store, and means you can at least gets some clips up there quickly I still use windows live movie maker x
    "If you want to earn more, learn more" ~ Zig Ziglar




  26. #18
    Senior Member CreamintheCupcake's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    89
    Thanks
    72
    Thanked 17 Times in 12 Posts

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    Is a lot of quality lost if my camera records at 640x480 (or something) and i save it as a larger one like 1024x576? Thats what ive been doing. Also i havnt been getting good clips when i save under .mov or .mp4.

  27. #19
    Featured Member
    Joined
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,139
    Thanks
    6,032
    Thanked 1,930 Times in 727 Posts
    My Mood
    Sad

    Default Re: Clips4sale

    With Videopad I just play around with the options. Most often I'll use 640 x 480 or HD720. But I ALWAYS save in .mp4 format because everything else takes 8+ hours to save or upload and this seems to be the only format that actually successfully uploads for me. I'll also use Sony Vegas because it has more editing options and choose pretty much the same settings.

  28. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MissAdriana For This Useful Post:


Similar Threads

  1. Clips4Sale?
    By BuffyFlame in forum Other Work
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-15-2017, 10:46 AM
  2. i need 2257 for clips4sale?
    By lilmisssunshine in forum Other Work
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-01-2012, 12:06 PM
  3. camming on clips4sale
    By lolabugg628 in forum Other Work
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-31-2011, 01:32 PM
  4. clips4sale
    By phillyvixen in forum Other Work
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 10:02 PM
  5. clips4sale.com
    By whirlerz in forum Other Work
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-03-2006, 06:31 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •