+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guys, help me stop losing money

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 252 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Default Guys, help me stop losing money

Ok, boys, here's the deal. I've been dancing for 2 months total now, normally 3 days a week. In all that time, after house fees and other expenses I have made a profit a grand total of 4 times. Apart from my height (I'm 6'1''), I don't think there's anything about me that could be turning guys off, so I don't get why my experience is so much worse than the typical newbie dancer. Yeah, they do bad, but they normally make some kind of profit. I know this isn't going to last forever, but it's reached the point where in the short-term I don't expect to make money and I don't know how to turn it around.

I've already asked in the pink side of the site but I figured I should ask here as well, maybe get another perspective. So guys, any ideas?

PS. I ain't quitting, so don't even try to suggest it.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Twisted
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Guys, help me stop losing money

My first inclination is to ask you to post a picture so that we have more material to go by to give a meaningful reply.

But, to address the knowns first: Height may be a turnoff for some- more than a few fellow customers have expressed their preference for petite spinners. (I don't have any problem with tall dancers, one fave of mine was 6-3, fwiw). Looking further through your threads/posts, I see a recurring theme of anxieties about stripping. I suspect that it probably shows through to the patrons that you interact with.

Tips for dealing with those anxieties have been pretty well covered by fellow dancers in SG thread. To that, I might add that it could be worthwhile just before shift to spend a few seconds focussing on some positive accomplishment that you've done. Sometimes, projecting a good vibe can tilt things in your favor.
    I'm right 96% of the time. I don't sweat the other 5% .......................

3. The Following User Says Thank You to minnow For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Hmm. The problems you're having probably depend on the specifics of what you're doing while in the club, but without more info we can't really diagnose the problem. I found your post in the pink section on the same topic to see if you gave more details about the specifics of your problem. Based on what you wrote over there, I would say your problem is that you're not really embracing your role as a "salesperson" when it comes to dances. I noticed that you said that you'll sit down next to a guy for a hustle, chat with him a little, and then get up and leave without asking for a dance if the vibe isn't right. Thing is, you never know if the guy will buy a dance or not if you don't ask. If a stripper came over to me and started her hustle, and then got up and left without asking me to dance, I would be pretty pissed, especially if I wanted that dance. LOL. I mean, if I'm totally ignoring her, then I'm probably trying to get rid of her, so that's different. But if I'm giving her my attention, I fully expect her to ask me to dance at some point. Sometimes if she doesn't after a couple of songs I'll even hurry things along and bring up the topic of a dance. But I have yet to see a dancer sit down next to me, hustle me, and then leave without asking me to dance, with the exception of the times that I give her the cold shoulder because I'm not interested (which basically means I totally ignore her). If you ask them to dance 100 percent of the time, your sales will increase. No question about it.

You said over in the pink side that you don't really know how to put together a sexy/flirty strip club personality and you think this might be part of the problem. I think that since this doesn't come naturally to you, you should stick with your real personality. Your real personality might not be Miss SexBot, but it's going to be way more sexy to guys than a bad fake personality. Just be yourself and talk to the guys like you're interested in them, even though you won't be most of the time. Then after a couple of songs try to sell the dance. Then when the dance is over ask them if you should keep going with another dance. Then try to upsell, though don't get too upset if the upsell doesn't work, because a lot of guys have a certain type of dance that they like and aren't going to deviate from that. For example, I never do the cheapo dances in the public area, and I never do champagne room. I always do dances in the private room that range between 20 and 30 dollars a dance. Just what works for me.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to KeithDoxen For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,055 Times in 252 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Thanks guys. Here's an old pic of me, my hair's a bit longer and a bit blonder now, and I've had a boob job since then. I'm on the left.

Any other info you wanna know just ask.

Veteran Member
    Thanks

Okay... HOW do you make your approaches? And describe a typical night - how many guys you approach, do you hit every guy in the room, what do you do if they say 'no', what your personality in the club is like, etc. That'll give us more to comment on.

Thanks

You're the one in the green?

I'd like to see pic of you post-boob job to see how you look now, but I don't THINK it's your looks. I'd like to see a more direct look at your face too. Your height is an asset (OTOH, I'm 6-5, so I like tall girls).

What kind of club do you work at? I'd like to see answers to Kessler's questions, they're pretty incisive.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Hyde For This Useful Post:

Thanks

A pic would only be helpful if you've got a work-pic of you in your typical work makeup/hairstyle/outfit, so we can see if there's some major stylistic faux-paus goin on here. But I doubt it thats whats doin it.

Are you on dayshift or nightshift? Two months is not a very long time to be dancing, and the economy is shit right now, and sales skills take a long time to hone. If you don't have much experience, are dancing during a shitty economy, and don't have good reliable regulars, I can see why it might be really hard to make $ right now

Thanks

I'm not someone with a whole lot of experience going to clubs, but one thing that will always get me to tip more and look to have more dances with a girl is when she reacts to me during the dances and pays attention to what turns me on. I think a lot of girls may kind of tune things out and do their dance routine the same or very similar for every guy. When a dancer notices that I like a little nibble on the ear or her breath on my neck or her leg wrapping around mine and she starts to react to that or use that, then it gets me in the mood more to make sure she earns a little bit more from me. So maybe in that sense if you start to become less nervous about what you're doing and react to the guy, that could really help.

Thanks

Hi--

For me it takes being really friendly & patient. I know it's tough, & I don't gripe if y'all run off to someone w/ more green. But things are often slow these days, for me too, so I have to be careful of my expenditures. I'm honest abt this: when a girl first asks me for a dance, I often say, "I do plan to get a dance eventually, but I warm up slowly. Plus, my therapy is very important to me, so I have to interview a lot of girls." If she's anteing up some contact, I add, "You're doing the right thing to get me there." I know that y'all hate to hear this, but one of the quickest ways to get me to move on is to insist on a snap decision. Almost always the girl who seems the most comfortable w/ contact get the dance. They are usually not the best-looking ones, I've noticed.

I *always* belly up to the tiprail & put a little respect on stage, altho' these days things are so tight for me that I will quickly leave if she doesn't approach me.

All in all I will say that for me girls have to be (or @ least convincingly fake being) pretty comfortable w/ contact, whether leaning on me, reaching out, or lap-sitting (I make sure I'm clean & smell OK! There are 2 sides to everything). So I think it may be a personality thing. Dunno if this helps, & dunno if those w/ deeper pockets have the same taste, but that's my $.02 fwiw.

Rip

Thanks

You need to stand out in the crowd, find out niche. I've seens lots of very different niches with each working very differently. And you want to focus on something unique within the club.

People fantasize about archtypes as often as they do people.

Also find out what kind of fantasies they have, the more you know, the more you can tailor the experience to your patron.

You can increase your milage, aka let them play with your tits, learn to talk dirty.

I'm about to go to sleep, but I'll give more suggestions,tomorrow.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 695 Posts

Experienced dancers are older danceers, buddy up.

You look fine- i believe it's a mindset issue not looks.

Scroll to the end of threads in hustle hut and follow the links which interest you.

Go to coming out and share the knowledge you have, it will clarify your technique in your own mind and help you to sort out what does/nt work for you....

MSG me for any other info

+ Reply to Thread