Thread: Audition/Stage song

Thanks

Default Audition/Stage song

Ok, so the song i have two songs that I'd really like to audition to and they're both by Rihanna. People tell me quite often that I remind them of Rihanna (who has amazing sex appeal) anyway the first song is Birthday Cake off of her new album. The only problem is it's only 1:21mins long

I really think i could work the fuck out of it. Should I pick it and play another ~1min song to make the set 3mins or so (i guess would pick Trey Songz Ready to Make Love) , or should I just go with the other Rihanna song I have in mind (S&M, Rude Boy or Skin)

If you have any 1min song ideas please chip in.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,121 Times in 256 Posts
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Default Re: Audition/Stage song

ooh i dance to skin. it's really good coz it's sooooo slow. it'll help you dance slower if it's your first time. i'd recommend that

Thanks
    Thanked 6,882 Times in 2,672 Posts

I've never worked at a club that played songs under 3 minutes long. Sometimes, lap dances are done to the same music that girls dance to on stage, so there tends to be a regulation song length to keep it fair (3-4 minutes). If you get to pick your own audition songs, you can definitely expect any short songs to be vetoed.

Lots of girls I know dance to Skin, and like Cammi pointed out, it's very slow and sensual so that'll make sure you don't dance too fast. If you want something more upbeat, S&M and Rude Boy are also great options. Also be prepared for you to be unable to dance to them because other girls are already using them as stage songs! Rihanna tends to be quite popular in most clubs.

Don't worry too much about the music for your audition. Just focus on moving slowly, looking like you're enjoying yourself, and making eye contact with the customers. Good luck and keep us posted!

Thanks

I actually DID get to pick out my audition music, twice. But both were in clubs that didn't "audition" so much as just let us go on stage and start working after checking IDs.

Anyway, just wanted to point out that when you do go to audition, you probably wouldn't be wise to ask if you can request a song.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Farrah rocks your world, biatch!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Buzzed

Most clubs I've interviewed at here don't require dancing auditions, but one in Queensland did require one. They just played some sexy, clubbing Black-Eyed Peas song. It was actually a surprise, I guess to make sure we could dance to whatever came on, not just one type of music.

I second the above poster who recommended not requesting a song unless they offer. As with any job interview, you want to appear professional, capable, and flexible. Happily dancing to whatever they put on - likely the type of music they usually play (if there's a DJ setlist) or what their usual target market likes (if girls choose their songs.)

I wouldn't recommend that particular Rihanna song unless it's a booty-popping or rap-centric club. But I do think a lot of her stuff is great for auditions anywhere, including upscale clubs in conservative areas. Showing personality is great, but you can do that without alienating whoever is auditioning you. It could be an older person. As long as it's fairly slow so you look more like a stripper and aren't tempted to break into clubbing moves to the beat.

Examples:
    -Rude Boy
    -Disturbia (not so slow but no rap and very sexy)

Other good stripper music examples that are super sexy yet 'vanilla' enough to not raise eyebrows:
    - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idBYaORNmc4 (Current, sexy beat, and pace variation to showcase different dancing styles. I'd say 90%+ of strip clubs play this anyway right now.)
    -Calabria 2007 (my personal favourite stage song)
    -Extraterrestrial by Katy Perry
    -Video Phone by Beyonce and Gaga
    -Come Into My World by Kylie Minogue
    -Like a G6 (I know, I know, but it's an undeniably great stripper song)
    -Chica Bomb by Dan Balan
    -Got to Love You by Sean Paul ft. Alexis Jordan
    -Got it Bad by Usher

Thanks

Everywhere I've auditioned, I picked my own songs (two song sets).

Why don't you dance to "Cockiness (I Love It)" by Rihanna??? I'm choreographing a dance to this, and I also think it has a nice 'stripper vibe' to it

Thanks

Thanks for advice Ladies! Much appreciated.

The_Ecdysiast I actually thought about that song, that's also another song I'll add to the list if i'm asked to choose.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Aggressive

Quote Originally Posted by JenTaylor View Post
    Ok, so the song i have two songs that I'd really like to audition to and they're both by Rihanna. People tell me quite often that I remind them of Rihanna (who has amazing sex appeal) anyway the first song is Birthday Cake off of her new album. The only problem is it's only 1:21mins long
    Here's The song

I really think i could work the fuck out of it. Should I pick it and play another ~1min song to make the set 3mins or so (i guess would pick Trey Songz Ready to Make Love) , or should I just go with the other Rihanna song I have in mind (S&M, Rude Boy or Skin)

If you have any 1min song ideas please chip in.
    Girl those are my audition songs! Like i think i want to choose between skin, rude boy, s&m, birthday cake, and cockiness. Lemme go read the rest of this thread though.
    - follow me on twitter! @ihateCocoa & on instagram! Welcome2Hollywood

Thanks
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

It's a nice tease song. Can you loop it? Or have a dj friend remix it with a second song in the middle?
    Smoke good, eat good. Drink and f*** good. Comin' to the club, stuntin' how you should. My s*** on fire I don't need no gasolina. I'm comin through the block with the new two seater. Cash rules everything around me -- C.R.E.A.M. -- get the money! Dollar dollar bill, y'all!!! FREEZE!!! You know who it is!!! It's me *****es!!! Showtime!!! -Swizz Beats

Featured Member
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,563 Times in 673 Posts

When in the states, I was always asked to pick out my own music when auditioning.

To me, it seems like it would be easier to dance to a longer song instead of several one minute songs=)