+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Non-Encoder Streamate Girls!

Thanks
    Thanked 7,696 Times in 1,288 Posts
    My Mood
    Amused

Default The Non-Encoder Streamate Girls!

Something that makes me feel kinda separate from other SM workers is that I have no Encoder. It might be weird, but I feel a little.... "not part of the crowd", but I am not in the situation right now to get better net (living with the folks). Right now I need to work with what I got, and so far it's working out pretty cool! But STILL. No Encoder. Boo.

I am kind of relieved when I hear of how much that thing can fuck up, but I just wanted to reach out to the other non-Encoder SM girlies. ^_^

Who else is rocking (hah - if "rocking" it be deemed!) no Encoder and getting along?

Loves to you all! x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Default Re: The Non-Encoder Streamate Girls!

Tonight is my first SM night and I wont be using the encoder... I couldn't get my CPU usage down with it. Also I want to familiarize myself before complicating it more...

Thanks
    Thanked 2,787 Times in 1,680 Posts
    My Mood
    Amazed

Hi, right here. I did upgrade my internet, but I have yet to try it since then..the last time, I about pulled my hair out in aggravation, then to find out one of my speed/specs or whatever wasn't up to what's needed wtf. It was the number they had posted, why did they have at that when it's supposed to be higher? I only even found out cause I had emailed them a couple times,
    so I don't know, I may try using it again but for now I'm not.
    I think there's top cammers on here that don't/haven't used it, but I don't know & can't speak for them.
    Also, the is it working for me as is? Don't know, i honestly am not on a whole lot of hours, I get very tired easily, & lately have been sick + have an outside job. But I am going to try to pound out some more hours before the holiday.
    Last edited by whirlerz; 12-15-2011 at 07:24 PM. Reason: to add
    Quote Aurora14: You have money, they have boobs. Boobs go in your face, now they have the money. It's not as random as you think it is.

Veteran Member
    Thanks
    My Mood
    Confused

I dont use the encoder and I do quite well. I make at least 600 a week and more if I put in the effort. I do use the HD option down from the drop box, IDK if it helps or not but its worth a shot.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ExoticBeauty4U For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,571 Times in 371 Posts
    My Mood
    Breezy

I was using the encoder but I was having alot of problems with my chat window freezing, not scrolling. I tried everything and finally though maybe the encoder was the problem. Well, I started not using the encoder and also am using the old streaming page. Everything seems to be working fine now and I've been on for a little over 4 hours today. Hopefully it continues to work for me. Fingers crossed.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

When I started on SM, I used the encoder. A month or so ago, one of my memory slots in my laptop decided to crap out and I can't run the encoder on 2G of ram without serious lag. I still do pretty good on there most nights, but I can't wait until my student loans come in so that I can finally get a functioning computer again.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Breezy

I hate the f----ing encoder! I never use it and I make my $$! Lol. Seriously, it freezes up my pc everytime so i just quite doing it & I am doing aok.

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Gabrielle_ For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

I find that my cam gets blurry more so with the encoder even though I uncheck the auto focus option. I have great download and upload speed and the encoder seems to mess with my video/audio being spot on with each other. Using the HD option in the drop down menu seems to help with the whole video/audio thing. Also, whether using the encoder or not my cpu is between 20% and 30%. I can't figure out how it messes things up so horribly. (I have always double checked all of my settings before I stream as well as the audio levels.)

Thanks

Just curious, if you don't use the encoder, wut is ur upload speed?

Thanks
    My Mood
    Lurking

I just ran a speed test and my upload speed is 1.45 mbps.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to BettyBallistic For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Inspired

My upload speed is 3.43

16. The Following User Says Thank You to WhatNOW For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I do the same thing and my picture looks great with a logitech 9000 and it doesn't eat up my CPU. I did good last night... Made 70 in a couple hours which I am not complaining about considering I fumbled through.

True

Quote Originally Posted by ExoticBeauty4U View Post
    I dont use the encoder and I do quite well. I make at least 600 a week and more if I put in the effort. I do use the HD option down from the drop box, IDK if it helps or not but its worth a shot.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Truebebeblue For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

http://forum.stripperweb.com/showthr...edtest+results
    Thread about speed test results, just sayin'
    Quote Aurora14: You have money, they have boobs. Boobs go in your face, now they have the money. It's not as random as you think it is.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

My speed test results vary from 0.24 to (if I'm REALLY, REALLY lucky!) ......0.34!!!!!

I've never had anyone on SM report any problems with my cam though, I'm still 5 stars, and I can still usually shift around $65 - $75 in 2 - 3 hours. S'good for little me!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:

Thanks

Oh I know about the thread with the upload speed results. I was just curious what everyone's upload speed was for the people who don't use the encoder because I am in the same situation. So yea I can't use encoder and my upload speed sucks...just wanted to know if anyone was like me :-)

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amazed

Yeah, cool, I figured you did..my upload was 037, I forget what it is now, it's in that thread..Supposedly, it met requirements before I ugraded to faster, but when I'd emailed them they said it needed faster..So I upgrade to use it (encoder) then I don't..but my cam seems better, so f it, it's a pain

Thanks
    Thanked 1,349 Times in 375 Posts
    My Mood
    Yeehaw

I tried the encoder once, hated it and will probably never use it again.
    ▀ Check me out: http://tinyurl.com/shy-jane

▀ Follow me on Twitter: @shywebcamgirl ▀
    Quote Originally Posted by space_cowgirl View Post
    I just want to go on cam tonight and pretend to be a fire truck.

Thanks
    My Mood
    Stressed

I just posted on another thread that I couldn't get the encoder to even connect. I stream from the SM page and do fine. It sucks because the requirements for gold shows is to use the encoder.

Quote Originally Posted by roast View Post
    ...Cum on mah face whiile Im knuckles deep in my ass - we can talk about idk mid-century whateverthefuck some other day...

26. The Following User Says Thank You to AF camgirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 2,213 Times in 774 Posts

i might be in the same boat with all you ladies if sm can't help me fix my encoder. the thing is, is that it will connect to sm, but it just isn't recognizing my audio for some odd reason. i refuse to stream w/o audio. so if i can't get this to work, i am just gonna have to stream w/o the encoder. which is really gonna fuck up my placement but i gotta make money somehow.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to bubblegumbitch For This Useful Post:

Thanks

I do not have the encoder. I have tried, but it maxes out my CPU. My upload speed is around 4.3. It says that you need 6. Dammit! I sooooo want it. I agree. I feel a little left out. I have been camming for a couple of months and am doing OK. It varies. I am usually on the third page. I get traffic and am making money!

I want more!!!! And I want to do "Gold Shows."

I wish I could get it!

You are not alone anyway. Keep Rocking It!

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

Well, since making this thread I have experienced what it's like to have the encoder.
    It was lagging horribly at my end and I couldn't be doing with that. It was really interfering with how I interacted with people.

I am back to no encoder and happier for it! ^_^ I raked in $88 in just over an hour last night!

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Cool

I don't use the encoder, I use sometimes HD option from SM website (When I'm not splitting) otherwise I use the low resolution of 256kbps option, for me it doesn't go well but not too bad...at least I make between 20-30 per hour on good days, now on bad days or slow days between 10-15 per hour, is not much money but is not so bad either for me I guess...I used the Encoder like 3 or 4 times, and since my laptop screen is not big enough to move it somewhere were I can see myself and I don't have 2 screen where I can move the encoder to one screen and the chat in the other...so for me is annoying to use it so I dont use it. I have 5 star rating so I must not been doing it so bad at all.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,194 Times in 316 Posts
    My Mood
    In Love

*Ahem*

Just wanted to point out that the Encoder requirement for Gold Shows has been debunked. A few girls on here don't use the thing and have gotten gold shows enabled. Myself included, on my old account.
    The Camgirl's Guide to Computer Health!

Quote Originally Posted by EvelynHeartsYou View Post
    Go go gadget sympathy tips and niche fetishes!!

34. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Decalyn For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

This thread is giving me hope! I stopped using SM and just focused on MFC because I thought I would just be toast without the encoder! You guys just shined a ray of hope into my head!

36. The Following User Says Thank You to FelixGirl For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    My Mood
    Amused

The most I've ever made in a day without the encoder is $247. Admittedly I found it tough to work longer hours - I had burned out for a whole week and quickly decided I needed to hit my target for the next Friday payout! - but it's still possible to at least make $$$ in a night with no encoder.

I've also been making more on account of raising my prices further. I had worried about doing that because I had this "Why should I raise my prices more? BAH!! I don't even have the ENCODER?!" thing going around in my mind, but I am still offering the same quality of performance; plus added security for the clients: my stream doesn't lag; and if any guy doesn't want to pay out for what I do, then he simply doesn't have to. I don't want cheap guys who don't want to watch me! I want loaded guys who love what I do!

This isn't intended as any kind of pointless brag: I've seen how incredibly stressed out some girls get when the encoder goes ape-shit insane, and I don't blame you. But seriously it's not worth throwing the towel in for, or considering it any kind of failed night. At all.

If your encoder fucks up on you a LOT, you might just find your confidence and mindset *improve* because you won't be trying to uphold this zen state of sexiness whilst simultaneously grinding your teeth in fear of when that encoder will fail on you again. You may even find you get increased traffic because the quality of your stream will at least be more consistent. Yep, you will appear smaller, but at least you (and your paying clients!) don't have to worry about lagging or any other problems.

If you're used to that shit happening, try without the encoder for a couple of nights and see how you go.

38. The Following User Says Thank You to Incantatious For This Useful Post:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast